Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

If you purchased Carrara 8.5 standard or Pro and your serial code expires or comes back as invalid please check your account. We have added new serial codes for those that might experience this problem. Those that purchase Carrara from here on out will not have this problem.

• VengedVenged Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

I own Carrara 8 Pro. why does the price still show $285 in my shopping cart. I thought owners get a 50% discount?

Post edited by Venged on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you go to the full cart page, not just the drop down cart.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did you go to the full cart page, not just the drop down cart.

Yes I went all the way to the purchase options and the price was still $285.

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited September 2013

Same thing for me, it's $285 in the full cart.
    Actually I expected to see roughly $85, as on sale 50%, plat club, and previous owner.

edit to add my total is $142.50, still more than I expected. I think this means its not giving the plat club discount. because that discount I believe would have shown up on the product page like all the other plat club prices.

Post edited by GreenleafCat on
    edited December 1969

OK, this is very strange, because I did try it out, and it worked right in my cart, even though I already have it.

However it has been flagged up to DAZ 3D.

edited December 1969

FYI I did log out and back in just to be sure.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

As a data point, I am also seeing incorrect pricing. It looks like the PC discount is no longer being applied.

Kendall

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Hopefully this gets corrected asap as \I would like to purchase it today to try out the new features, was really looking forward to playing today. My cart i is still showing the 142.50 also

• NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well the serial number issue has been, if you get it from now on you should be fine anyway - as to the price issue i would email sales support

edited December 1969

Good that they fixed the serial number for those who have purchased, now why can't they fix the pricing so I can purchase and can use that serial number? I knew I should have purchased when it was the correct price instead of waiting to use the sept coupon on it!

• edited December 1969

Hi,

Same here, PC membership gives no longer a reduction on carrara's upgrade price. Ticket is sent.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The PC discount seems to be applying now - we've been dragging various DAZ people away from their friends and families.

edited December 1969

The owner discount is showing now at $142. I just purchased the PC quarterly membership that should bring it down to $85, The PC has not shown up yet. Does it take a while to take effect?

Thanks for what Daz3D did to make the owner discount show up. I will purchase this after the PC membership takes effect.

edited December 1969

welchrs64 said:
    The owner discount is showing now at $142. I just purchased the PC quarterly membership that should bring it down to $85, The PC has not shown up yet. Does it take a while to take effect?

Thanks for what Daz3D did to make the owner discount show up. I will purchase this after the PC membership takes effect.

The serial number worked also. I like 8.5 so far. It seems like the FBX import and export is still lacking. That will be one of my suggestion for future improvement.The browser for content could use a search window also.

edited September 2013

Excellent, was able to purchase with the Sept plat club coupon now for $79.50

I don't see an 8.5 serial number yet though, but I don't have time to download today anyway.

Actually the whole product library seems to have gone crazy, doesn't show any recent purchases. someone else posted in another thread about odd store issues. Time to let it rest for the day!

well, couldn't stop checking, everything looks OK now. Hope it works out for everyone else.

Post edited by GreenleafCat on
    edited December 1969

Looks like the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle that was promised with the Carrara 8.5 pro was not provided to me)-: I'll look into this with Daz tomorrow. I'm getting tired.

• Tiger66Tiger66 Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Well my serial number issue hasn't been fixed yet. They gave me a new one which Carrara tells me is invalid??? I've sent in a help ticket, hopefully they will fix it soon. I made the purchase a week ago and have been happy with it. The fact that Carrara checks DAZ's database every time it fires up makes me worry that I am open to a repeat of this issue in the future, especially if DAZ can't explain what happened.
    What if I loose my internet connection for the day? Hopefully it would work. Guess I will have to check that out.

OK it's getting late- all is well. helps if you actually use the right serial number. Duh, man I think it's bed time.

Post edited by Tiger66 on
  • Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited December 1969

So i want to say thanks a lot to the DAZ 3D team for solving the issue very fast! :)
    My Carrara 8.5 Pro works very well now and i am letting my pc do a nice render over night :)

edited December 1969

welchrs64 said:
    Looks like the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle that was promised with the Carrara 8.5 pro was not provided to me)-: I'll look into this with Daz tomorrow. I'm getting tired.

I found the stuff:-)

edited December 1969

Thank you! \I got my Carrara 8.5 at the discount price including Coupon. It shows all the V5/M5 pro stuff is there any reason to d/l again if I already have it? No upgrade for carrara that I am not aware of?

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Thank you! \I got my Carrara 8.5 at the discount price including Coupon. It shows all the V5/M5 pro stuff is there any reason to d/l again if I already have it? No upgrade for carrara that I am not aware of?

Nope if you already have both and are in your Mapped DS content folder you just need to point Carrara to that (in the content tab as content folder not runtime)

• lindelllindell Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Also want to thank anyone that worked the holiday to fix the pricing.

• Tiger66Tiger66 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

lindell said:
    Also want to thank anyone that worked the holiday to fix the pricing.

And thanks to those who fixed the serial number issue as well.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2013

Looks like the only thing that needs to gt fixed now is to put in the missing Genesis Hair Caps since those were mentioned as being part of but can't be downloaded. The older non-Genesis Hair Caps can be.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • edited December 1969

Yes I agree I think DAZ shows excellent customer service . Before I criticize an oversight all I have to do is look at my own track record. Thank You DAZ for going the XTRA MILE

• grankingrankin Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping with all the problems with the pricing, DAZ3D will extend the "2 week" deal. I have to go through a purchasing department for approval. May take several days. I need the update since I have been using 8.5 beta for over a year and now it seems DAZ3D is not going to renew the serial number for the beta version. It expired on Sep 1st. I may have to go backwards to 8.0 pro until my purchase is approved.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping with all the problems with the pricing, DAZ3D will extend the "2 week" deal. I have to go through a purchasing department for approval. May take several days. I need the update since I have been using 8.5 beta for over a year and now it seems DAZ3D is not going to renew the serial number for the beta version. It expired on Sep 1st. I may have to go backwards to 8.0 pro until my purchase is approved.

The going backwards may prove difficult - at least in my Product library the files associated to 8 are the 8.5beta files - I can't download 8 or it's content ...

• edited December 1969

I am still seeing a price of $171 for Carrara 8.5 Pro. I am logged in, am a PC member, and own Carrara 8.

edited December 1969

Can you try clearing your cache, just in case something is stuck in it, and also maybe a hard refresh on the cart page.

I can't duplicate what you are seeing.