List of Holiday Freebies

Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409
edited December 2018 in The Commons

List of Holiday Freebies:

Thanks to L'Adair for the start of the list and the format!

I'll try to keep it updated, if I miss something, feel free to let me know!

Original post: Has anyone done a list of all the Holiday freebies the PAs have put out this month?  I was going to try to do a render with a bunch of them in it, but I've forgotten a few, I think.  A list would be good, and someone usually does one, so I'm wondering if I've just missed it somewhere.

Post edited by Fae3D on

Comments

• Here are some of them to date:

WDJ Christmas Memories

MD Desk Set

FLO Makeup for Genesis 8 Females

C3D Appliances

Z Sleigh All The Way - Props and Poses

Jepe's Art Deco Statuette for Victoria 8

Holiday Presents

Armchair

Aluminum Drinking Cans

Medieval Crown for Genesis 8 Male

Little Seasonal Shelf

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,409

Here are some of them to date:

WDJ Christmas Memories

MD Desk Set

FLO Makeup for Genesis 8 Females

C3D Appliances

Z Sleigh All The Way - Props and Poses

Jepe's Art Deco Statuette for Victoria 8

Holiday Presents

Armchair

Aluminum Drinking Cans

Medieval Crown for Genesis 8 Male

Little Seasonal Shelf

Thanks!  My main problem is getting them mixed up with PC freebies.  Wasn't the DForce Long Tee Shirt one as well?  Maybe I'm wrong.  And I certainly didn't remember the Appliances were part of it, that helps!  Does anyone remember if the Tranquilizer was a Holiday Freebie or not?

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

dForce long tee shirt was the first holiday freebie unless I remember totally wrong

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Here's a list of all the holiday freebies, including today's, in the order I "purchased" them:

Thanks!  My main problem is getting them mixed up with PC freebies.  Wasn't the DForce Long Tee Shirt one as well?  Maybe I'm wrong.  And I certainly didn't remember the Appliances were part of it, that helps!  Does anyone remember if the Tranquilizer was a Holiday Freebie or not?

The Trahquilizer Guns are the only freebie directly from Daz. I don't recall if it was in the same section of the sales page, but it was definitely part of the Holiday Sale.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Tranquilizer Guns showed up as a "Today Only" freebie on November 29th then went into Debut (i.e. at a real price) the following day if I recall - I picked it up free on the original offer day.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

And I liked DG Vertex's Armchair so much I just bought one of his items.

... I'd like to thank him (?) and all the others for the gifts.

• Holiday freebies either disappear from the store or sell at their regular prices.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 2018

Holiday freebies either disappear from the store or sell at their regular prices.

And sometimes, but not always, they remain available on the PA's own website.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Holiday freebies either disappear from the store or sell at their regular prices.

Based on the past four Decmeber sales, if the freebie is from the PA, it will no longer be available on the Daz site beyond the offer period. And if this sale is like the past four Decembers, all the freebies will be available for a few short days at the end of the month, just in case you missed anything. No guarantees of course, but I'd say it's very likely.

If I'm not mistaken, when a PA has a freebie available, their store also shows up in the featured PAs. So if you find from the freebie you really like their work, you have a short opportunity of buying from their back catalog at 40%-50% off, plus your rewards discount.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

The holiday freebies are a fine tradition from a user's standpoint. In the first place, well, *free*. But also, they are often holiday *themed*, and they tend to be just what one was looking for if you were planning to do a holiday render. Which is something that not everyone is likely to go shopping for at the last minute. 

Plus, they aren't always holiday themed, or *only* holiday themed, either. I've picked up some very useful things by haunting the site in December. It's only the 9th, and already we've had a really nice selection on offer. 

Thank you PAs! These are wonderful.

• I rendered Armchair so far. The edges are somewhat uneven so I have to convert them to SubD to smoothen them. Perfect for interior add-ons!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    L'Adair said:

Based on the past four Decmeber sales, if the freebie is from the PA, it will no longer be available on the Daz site beyond the offer period. And if this sale is like the past four Decembers, all the freebies will be available for a few short days at the end of the month, just in case you missed anything. No guarantees of course, but I'd say it's very likely......

Yes, but if you want to be safe you really need to scoop those freebies up as soon as you see them!

Actually a couple of PAs do post them permanently (or as good as) elsewhere after New Year - I believe AprilYSH puts her previous year freebies on her own site and I've a feeling someone else does too but I can't remember who.

Thank you, everyone, for the help!  I've changed the original post to include the list so far, I'll try to keep it updated so we all have one.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 2018

Thanks for making the list! Here is my render of all the freebies so far. This was fun to cobble together, but it took a long time! There are a few non-freebies to set the stage.

Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

Thanks for making the list! Here is my render of all the freebies so far. This was fun to cobble together, but it took a long time! There are a few non-freebies to set the stage.

ROFL

@barbult, Love it! So imaginative and fun.

12/10/18

Today's freebie is currently showing up as a Daz Original. That might be a mistake.

Here's an update with today's Poinsettia plant. I put it on a table from last year's XMAS freebies and in a pot from Predatron Poinsettias.

PA XMAS Freebies_004 PS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    barbult said:

Here's an update with today's Poinsettia plant. I put it on a table from last year's XMAS freebies and in a pot from Predatron Poinsettias.

Classic! yes

barbult said:

Classic! yes

I wonder what we'll get tomorrow and whether I can incorporate it. laughMy graphics card is beginning to cry uncle. I may need to start compositing.

edited December 2018

I can hardly wait to see how @barbult adds the Japanese dining set to her image!

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:

I can hardly wait to see how @barbult adds the Japanese dining set to her image!

And here it is... The Japanese Dining was added. The table was scaled down to coffee table size. The chair is in the back right, replacing a non-freebie chair that held the tranquilizer dart gun. The plate, silverware and glasses are on the coffee table. The two glasses are modeled with (IMHO) a ridiculously large number of polygons. I decimated them to 20% and they still looked dense. I added the cake and champagne from non-freebies.

PA XMAS Freebies_005 Decimated Glass PS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:

And here it is... The Japanese Dining was added. The table was scaled down to coffee table size. The chair is in the back right, replacing a non-freebie chair that held the tranquilizer dart gun. The plate, silverware and glasses are on the coffee table. The two glasses are modeled with (IMHO) a ridiculously large number of polygons. I decimated them to 20% and they still looked dense. I added the cake and champagne from non-freebies.

LOL

Well done!

L'Adair said:
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:

LOL

Well done!

Thank you so much. I have the next iteration done already. I had to move a few things around on the coffee table so the dog's head wasn't hidden.

PA XMAS Freebies_008 PS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259
    edited December 2018

Lovely picture, barbult!

Thanks for the list, and a big, big, thank you to all the generous PAs! Merry Christmas to you all!

Post edited by caravelle on
    edited December 2018

Here's my render of all the freebies so far!  The pose is from the Z Sleigh All The Way, and since I don't have Dog 8 yet, the coat is lying on the floor unused, waiting for a model.  The only things not from this years Holiday Freebies is the character, her hair, and the wall and floor.

It doesn't make any sense, so let's just call it abstract art.

Daz CMas Freebies 18 Test 1.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 2M
    Post edited by Fae3D on

Here's my render of all the freebies so far!  The pose is from the Z Sleigh All The Way, and since I don't have Dog 8 yet, the coat is lying on the floor unused.  The only things not from this years Holiday Freebies is the character, her hair, and the wall and floor.

It doesn't make any sense, so let's just call it abstract art.

Awesome! Thanks for joining the fun.

edited December 2018

Today's version with body pillow (stuffed under coffee table)and monochrome shader (lampshade and chair seat).

PA XMAS Freebies SOx2_010 PS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • BeaBea Posts: 743

Thanks for the list

edited December 2018

This is the final image for the first half of the month. 

Lighting changed to use today's IDG Vibrant Light Probes. I used Gradient Light 317.

PA XMAS Freebies SOx2_011 PS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

Looks like no new freebie to add today.