Sakura 8

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    3dOutlaw said:

In the continued essence of Toon, I spent some time with pwToon, Crescents shaders, some custom adjustments via the documentation, and am happy with the results!  laugh Probably the most time I've ever worked with pwToon.  Its a good product!  Love those lines to be a little less speckly, but I didn't have the patience to dig into LR9k just yet.

This looks good! 

This is what I accomplised using pwToon, Visual Style Shaders and Linerender9000 (highly recommended).  I don't have Sakura yet but plan on getting her eventually.

Ghost in the Shell: The Major by tkdrobert 

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

That came out well!   yes  I have not had luck using Linerender9000.  Did you use it just for outlines?

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579

Ah, "The Major" (Motoko Kusanagi) in her, ahem, "uniform" from season 1 of "Stand Alone Complex".

Sincerely,

Bill

edited October 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

That came out well!   yes  I have not had luck using Linerender9000.  Did you use it just for outlines?

Well the way I set it up, it gives me a regular render and creates several transparent line and shadow renders.  I composite them in Photoshop, then touch up the linework (if needed) in Clip Paint Studio.  This render only needed a little touch up.  I used the LineRender9000 guide (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/118146/linerender9000-faq/p1) as a starting off point, then tweeked the settings until I started getting the results I wanted.  I very happy with it now.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

So do you just render once to layers, and then composite?  Using VSS and pwToon should be pretty fast on the normal render (it is on my box), and then the others.  How long did the total rendering take?  I liked how my pwToon render resulted, but I would have liked a better outline.

edited October 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

So do you just render once to layers, and then composite?  Using VSS and pwToon should be pretty fast on the normal render (it is on my box), and then the others.  How long did the total rendering take?  I liked how my pwToon render resulted, but I would have liked a better outline.

The time is takes depends on how complex the image is and maybe size (resolution).  With "The Major", I rendered the background seperate without LineRender.  "The Major" by herself took maybe 20 minutes total.  Once the main Render is complete, you can start working with it in Photoshop as the other renders (lines) are being completed.  As each line render is complete, you can bring it into your PSD.  If all you want is lines, you can remove the shadow render.  Be sure to use the render script, it makes everything easier.

Edit: I find that pwToon and LineRender work well together.  If pwToon didn't create a great line LineRender will.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

OK, I will try and set it up on my previous render, removing the pmToon outline and see if I can get it working.  Thanks

3dOutlaw said:

OK, I will try and set it up on my previous render, removing the pmToon outline and see if I can get it working.  Thanks

I'll be happy to try and help you if you have problems.  It's totally worth it to get it working.

• edited October 2018

Hmm just got to playing around with a little black and white but then added a little color

Kyouka 6a.png
    566 x 800 - 868K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on

Been a while!  New scifi corridor from the PC Sale and Sakura,

A few new renders that I had made, using Sakura...

• They are looking real good. I have few to load up tonight as well.
  • edited November 2018

I should put this over in the Kitbashing thread as well but I really don't like looking like I am spamming the forum.  Sayuri and Yoriko from a  shoujo ai manga I randomly clicked on.  It was funny enough to make me blow coffee through my nose.  The red headed and serious Sayuri is the perfect straightman for the totally clueless humor of Yoriko.  

Yoriko and Sayuri 4.png
    800 x 800 - 1M

Cute!

• Thanks .  So was the manga.  It would have made a good anime.  That was the inspiration.  Honestly the story is more slice of life than anything.   Posey might have worked better but I have been very unhappy with that figure because the add on textures haven't been loading in properly.  

Wanted to try dForce on an old hair, came out well I think!

3dOutlaw said:

Wanted to try dForce on an old hair, came out well I think!

Nice

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Great renders.  That last one is particularly spectacular @3doutlaw

• edited November 2018

Took a bit of work and using your simple eyes but I think I got pretty close to the old Keiko with her. 

Keiko 8 .png
    565 x 800 - 569K

Thank you, @Worlds_Edge!  Like that skirt above :)

Papasan

• edited November 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

Thank you, @Worlds_Edge!  Like that skirt above :)

Papasan

Now that is cute. I would love to find that chair prop.  Thank you 3d.  I am really liking Arryn's dforce dresses. Nice simple designs that don't overpower the scene. 

That Chair is from one of santuziy78's bedroom sets at the "other" store.

• I am sorry 3d  I just realised I never hit post on my response.

Thank you just found it.  I could probably model up something similar  but I am feeling abit lazy with their promotion going on lol.  

• edited December 2018

Playing with Sakura and Sasuke and some old 3rd gen stuff in my runtime. These two would be the morals committee you see in alot of anime lol. 

Marine Corp Sailor II.png
    400 x 566 - 293K
    edited December 2018

For those anime lovers, the Universal Anime head by Ken1171 is on 50% off sale!  yes  I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a while. (google it)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579
    3dOutlaw said:

For those anime lovers, the Universal Anime head by Ken1171 is on 50% off sale!  yes  I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a while. (google it)

Thanks for the "heads up" (pun very much intended)!

Sincerely,

Bill

Back to the basics!  Had a few new toys...MultiDress, Poses from I13, etc...and my first postwork using Photoshop, which I got for Christmas (early) this year!

...and yes that shoe is balancing against the forces of nature...

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

@3doutlaw is the anime head easy to install and use in DS?

edited December 2018

The Universal Anime head I mentioned in the "Blonde" post above?  Yes, there is a Poser and DS version (you get both with purchase).  For the DS Version you just copy the files to your content directory like anything from Renderosity or Hivewire (of course, they don't use the install manager)  Then its just load and go!  He made a PDF for those who don't know how to hide a head and parent that one, as well.  Easy peasy!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • edited December 2018

Yeah the anime head works just fine. Just haven't had a need to use it lately.. 

Kind of liked how this came out so thought I would share.  No not on the cute side .. lol

Yukina Db.png
    800 x 800 - 2M