Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Stezza said:

Ok... got the bugs working great...

open the plugin DS and load up a bug... delete the metatarsal bones on the L/R foot and resave... open up in Carrara it won't crash on you and away you go..

bravo!, thanks for the tip! Those buggers look like a blast!

--ms

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    Stezza said:

open the plugin DS and load up a bug... delete the metatarsal bones on the L/R foot and resave... open up in Carrara it won't crash on you and away you go..

Thank you for doing the bug report.  Really want this fella.  Will check my sofa for loose change.  

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Stezza said:

must try that on g8f's ouchie toe chicklets

edited October 2018

Have the original Star! figure by Lady LittleFox (as opposed to the new Star 2.0 figure morph for Genesis 3 female).  The original Star! figure appears in the content folder for both a Poser format version and a Daz Studio version.  When I loaded the Poser version directly in Carrara, I had a lot of trouble with the mesh not staying attached to the skeleton when I rotated joints.  The morphs did not work, either.  Had more success when I opened that plugin, Daz Studio, and loaded the Daz Studio version (not from the Poser runtime).  I loaded and conformed the clothing in Daz Studio.  I saved the Star! figure and clothes out of that plugin called daz Studio as a scene subset.  I opened Carrara and loaded the Star! figure and clothes DUF.  Seems to be working.  Have had similar issues and workarounds with some other custom figures made for Poser,such as Gramps.  

yy01 Star Original Figure Must use the Daz Studio Version not Poser Version.JPG
    1554 x 902 - 195K
    yy02 star in carrara.JPG
    1516 x 960 - 159K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    Diomede said:

Have the original Star! figure by Lady LittleFox (as opposed to the new Star 2.0 figure morph for Genesis 3 female).  The original Star! figure appears in the content folder for both a Poser format version and a Daz Studio version.  When I loaded the Poser version directly in Carrara, I had a lot of trouble with the mesh not staying attached to the skeleton when I rotated joints.  The morphs did not work, either.  Had more success when I opened that plugin, Daz Studio, and loaded the Daz Studio version (not from the Poser runtime).  I loaded and conformed the clothing in Daz Studio.  I saved the Star! figure and clothes out of that plugin called daz Studio as a scene subset.  I opened Carrara and loaded the Star! figure and clothes DUF.  Seems to be working.  Have had similar issues and workarounds with some other custom figures made for Poser,such as Gramps.  

yes gramps I had to do pz2 poses in DS or Poser IIRC not sure about Star, I have used her, maybe too needed presets

Hmmm.  Having troublw with a V4 package. Loaded the default V4.2 figure.  Did not add any morphs or injection poses.  Loaded the items that are part of the B25 Queen of Hearts outfit for V4.  Got a fatal error trying to conform the clohing to the V4.2.  Opened a help ticket but don't expect much out of that.   

https://www.daz3d.com/wonderland-queen-of-hearts-v4

cc01 carrara runtime error conforming B25 clothes to V4.JPG
    1732 x 975 - 178K
    edited October 2018

Appears to be just the overskit.  I tried using Studio as a plugin. I took the lothing to Studio, converted the rigging to tria, and saved as scene subsets.  I then loaded a V4 and tried to conform.  Still got an error on the overskirt.

cc02 converted weight to triax still gt error but not fatal.JPG
    1909 x 887 - 208K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660
    Diomede said:

Appears to be just the overskit.  I tried using Studio as a plugin. I took the lothing to Studio, converted the rigging to tria, and saved as scene subsets.  I then loaded a V4 and tried to conform.  Still got an error on the overskirt.

That's a new error to me, don't have that item so can't help out this time. Have you tried Stezza's obj export/import method ? (might lose the morphs if there are any) Good luck !!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    Diomede said:

@Bunip02 - thank you so much for the explanation.  Very clear.  yesyes

triple that, really appreciate the explications!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    Stezza said:

thanks for that Stezza, it was really bugging me ;)

Diomede said:

Hmmm.  Having troublw with a V4 package. Loaded the default V4.2 figure.  Did not add any morphs or injection poses.  Loaded the items that are part of the B25 Queen of Hearts outfit for V4.  Got a fatal error trying to conform the clohing to the V4.2.  Opened a help ticket but don't expect much out of that.   

Kudos to Daz.  I got a resonse to my help ticket for a Carrara problem.  I'm still having trouble, but I appreciate the prompt reply.

Here is Daz's suggstion.

I did research on this error and found a post below that it meant to fix this problem. Please go through the steps in the bow thread and let me know your results.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-the-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-error

Thank you,

Diomede said:
    Diomede said:

Kudos to Daz.  I got a resonse to my help ticket for a Carrara problem.  I'm still having trouble, but I appreciate the prompt reply.

Here is Daz's suggstion.

I did research on this error and found a post below that it meant to fix this problem. Please go through the steps in the bow thread and let me know your results.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-the-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-error

Thank you,

keyword visualcruntimeerror  smiley

Mistara said:

Diomede said:
    Diomede said:

Here is Daz's suggstion.

Thank you,

visual crunt imeerror sounds like a wardrobe malfunction 

Mistara said:

Diomede said:
    Diomede said:

Here is Daz's suggstion.

Thank you,

visual crunt imeerror sounds like a wardrobe malfunction 

the trick is remembering the keywords.

smiley

I submitted a ticket on the V4 eyes close bug, I am not holding my breath as it affects all the Poser Users too and has not been fixed,

I fixed it with the disc from my Figures, characters and avatars book and promptly broke it again running the bat file to update the deltas angry

but was able to then copy over my other files again and she works until the next update or if I add morph packages and need to run the bat file again > <

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 302

Hi thanks - I think this is 'n brilliant thread!

I'm using Genesis 2 products for Carrara 8.5 and most work just dandy, but every now and then there is one that either does not load at all, or it loads with textures intact but none of its morphs work.

Can somebody please tell me hwo to save/export such an item (especially for conforming clothing) from Daz Studio and then get it back into Carrara?

Thanks everybody

@cobusp - my primary figure is also Genesis 2.  My experience has been that the overwhelming amount of content works smoothly, including my V4/M4 conent that I have converted to G2 through Daz Studio.  There have been several different reasons for the occasional content not to work, so I haven't found a single best way to address the situation.  Most commonly, I can use Daz Studio as a plugin.  I load genesis 2 in Studio, conform the problematic content to the figure in Studio, then save it out as a wearable preset (or scene subset).  This creates a duf file for the content.  I note the location and load from there when I am in Carrara.  Usually works, and all morphs remain active.  Occasionally, that doesn't work.  In the extreme, as per Stezza, the figure can be exported from Studio as an obj, reload the obj in Studio, and then run the transfer utility to create conformng clothing again.  Save this out as a wearable preset or scene subset.  Load directly in Carrara.  This second method loss the morphs.

Thank you very much for the tip!. 

I tried it, but it still doesn't import. This is so silly, it is the Rune fantasy otutfit for Genesis 2 males - lots of conforming pieces - suit, robe, boots, helmet, arms bracers, -- but the mantle is No-Go! And I need the mantle

Is it essential to have the conforming clothing attached with a character before saving it in Daz Studio? 

I noticed there is also a Cr2 exporter, but I'm still busy figuring out how it works.

Thank you

05-rune-male-outfit-for-genesis-2-males-daz3d_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 240K

does carrara give  you an error message if you load the mantle by itself?

it may have a rigid group in it.

edited October 2018

the mantle or cloak as it is called is not meant to be fitted it loads parented to the neck in DAZ studio

it does not explain the not loading though

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    Mystarra said:

Yes - the error message önly reads Än error occurred while executing import...." Same thing happens when I try loading the complete set in one go (this showns there is something in this file that Carrara doesn't like!)

I do not know what a rigid group is though? I so wish it were possible to contact the vendor, because Daz's technical assistance is getting slower and slower each day!

cobusp said:
    Mystarra said:

Yes - the error message önly reads Än error occurred while executing import...." Same thing happens when I try loading the complete set in one go (this showns there is something in this file that Carrara doesn't like!)

I do not know what a rigid group is though? I so wish it were possible to contact the vendor, because Daz's technical assistance is getting slower and slower each day!

it does the same for me and DAZ won't help as it is made for studio

an obj export and one for each of the morphs is all I can suggest, it's not rigged for movement anyway just  3 morphs

you can rig it in Carrara

cobusp said:
    Mystarra said:

an obj export and one for each of the morphs is all I can suggest, it's not rigged for movement anyway just  3 morphs

it doesn't have any bone handles?

edited October 2018
    Mystarra said:
    cobusp said:
    Mystarra said:

it doesn't have any bone handles?

only one for the whole cloak which you lose if you fit it

it has hip shoulders neck and cloack

its really a morphing prop

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    Mystarra said:

I do not know what a rigid group is though?  I don't know if it has bone handles because I cannot import it, but let me have a look i Daz Studio.

I so wish it were possible to contact the vendor, because Daz's technical assistance is getting slower and slower each day!

edited November 2018
    Mystarra said:

Post edited by cobusp on

that Rune outfit is pricey  eek

Mystarra said:

that Rune outfit is pricey  eek

I purchased it when it was on a special. But is IS a fantastic product (besides the cloak :-(

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Mehhhhhh...none of my G2/3F hairs or clothing sit right on my posed Janette an no hair or clothing moves with G8M while posing even though they are fit to him.

• MAJourney said:

Mehhhhhh...none of my G2/3F hairs or clothing sit right on my posed Janette an no hair or clothing moves with G8M while posing even though they are fit to him.

are you converting to blended weight in DAZ studio and saving as a scene subset?