Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

No? how do i do that?

• MAJourney said:

No? how do i do that?

in DAZ studio under edit figure rigging convert to blended weight and save it as scene subset

• Carrara doesn't do Quarter Onions cheeky

Carrara doesn't do Quarter Onions cheeky

I'm still rather amused by calling it Quackaroni. lol

Okzy, blended fixed it. thanks

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

quackers?? smiley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q#t=

cant buy rune, but this looks interesting to try in carrara

Winter Fantasy for Genesis 3 Female Winter Fantasy for Genesis 2 Female

dohhh doesnt seem like the lantern comes with it,  is nice to see something other than guns and swords
    guns and roses?  tee hee

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited November 2018
    Mystarra said:

dohhh doesnt seem like the lantern comes with it,  is nice to see something other than guns and swords
    guns and roses?  tee hee

I used it in Carrara many times. I remember there were sleeves bones. Here is an example of this item usage: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2378601/#Comment_2378601

I only removed the sleeves.

c96d22b167cc42ec7f10c5754967a9.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 286K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    Vyusur said:
    Mystarra said:

guns and roses?  tee hee

I used it in Carrara many times. I remember there were sleeves bones. Here is an example of this item usage: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2378601/#Comment_2378601

I only removed the sleeves.

thanks smiley

has anyone tried mei lin 8?

how's the elbows look?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,709
    edited November 2018

Don't know about Mei Lin 8, but Supreme Intelligencia HD for Genesis 8 Female has issues. I ended up using Singular Blues script to convert the morph to G3F so I could use it. G8F skin also needed to be saved as a Material in DAZ Studio as it does not work when used directly on G3F.

SupremeIntell issue 1.png
    2265 x 1044 - 549K
    SupremeIntell issue 2.png
    1923 x 1042 - 255K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

what do you do when thsere are huge -pokethroughs becausel once loaded in Carrara, itbloses its DS-only smoothing modifier?

Unshackling Visibility is a no-go because the cloth doesnt cover he whole section. i.e. it's a low cut tanktop-like dress.

I'm talking about this dr3ess on G1

https://www.daz3d.com/classy-casual-outfit-for-genesis

ended up using Singular Blues script to convert the morph to G3F

Whither be this script?

MAJourney said:
    ended up using Singular Blues script to convert the morph to G3F

Whither be this script?

It was available as a freebie but was withdrawn. Singular Blues is now working on a commercial variant and has Beta testers checking it, unknown if/when it will be released.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4066841/#Comment_4066841

• https://www.daz3d.com/bramble-blackberry-and-briar-plants-for-daz-studio-and-iray

it works but it takes over an hour to load a bramble with fruit so go bake a cake or something .......

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

or don't purchase it lol wink

thanks for the heads up yes

remember the tumbleweed thread? smiley

anyone tried the dark knight https://www.daz3d.com/hd-dark-knight-for-daz-horse-2

it says hd lvl 3 wondering if it roughness and normal maps look good, considering the lovely new plugins available

• Hi all.... I use Carrara mostly using purchased buildings or environments and creating my own sets... don't often add figures except for scale. I did just buy the DOG 8 model, and it loads nicely and looks great. But none of the poses work. And if I move the figure using parameters the "bones" move properly but the figure doesn't.... just remains in it's default pose. I believe that the "8" human figures don't work properly in Carrara, but I took a chance on the dog. Other than opening the dog in Daz Studio, posing it and exporting it, does anyone have any advice? I'm getting kind of fed up with Carrara actually. I've been using it for years but I'm afraid that at some point an OS update or something will leave Carrara unusable. Oh well.... PS. I'm on a Mac using OS 10.11.6. I haven't upgraded to the newest OS mostly because I'm worried Carrara. So if any of you are also on Macs and using more recent OS versions I'd also like to know. Thanks.

• Just started using Carrara on Mojave (OS 10.14.2). No issues yet. Seems the same as High Sierra. Sierra hads a problem with a dialog box not naming missing textures properly. It's documented here in the Forum with work arounds. 

I use figures all the time. All figures before Genesis 3 work well. Misty has created Carrara compliant versions of Genesis 3 and 8. You can get them at Rendo. Clothing has to be converted in Studio to blended weights to work in Carrara. I have few problems.

I haven't tried the dog, but I sort of remember someone postiung about it recently. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825

well given DAZ studio our main alternative if Carrara bites the dust, I am praying as many people as possible like our lovely plugin developers and determined users keep it working heart

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

a few thoughts on the new Hivewire BigDog

• it comes in two flavours Poser 10 or greater and Ds - I tried the poser one but his wieght painting doesnt seem to fit in Carrara,.
    • Daz one when I found the duf finally loads up into Carrara
    • But it poses painfully slowly - going into the model room and turning of smoothing fixed that problem.
    • The corneas and Iris textures were misalinged so had to be fixed in the uv mapper thing in the modelling room.
    • That done the eyes werent very convincing. Maybe a bit of shader tweaking needed.
    • The included poses that come with the dog give an error message in Carrara. Oddly enough the Daz Mil Cat poses dont give error messageswhere as other Daz poses do. Not sure what is going on there.
    • Sparky's textures (an added bit bought separately) didnt appear in my runtime and had to be hand loaded in the shader room.
    • I havent bought any of Hivewire's stuff before. The dog looks well made . It's cheaper at Rendo than at Hivewire - which is silly.
    • It's supposed to have a whole lot of morphs but I havent found them yet.

• Any suggestions on these problems welcome :)

Not sure if you have them, but I have a habit of replacing eyes with Arki's EYEDeas 3+ for M4/V4

For non-generation 4 figures, I use the individual eye figures parented to the actual eye of the character figure after turning them invisible. I always also take the extra step of using my "Invisible" shader on all parts of the actual eyes of the figure, just to keep my shader count lower, and to keep eye shaders easier to keep straight in the shader tab. More tips on this to come in some up-and-coming tips n' tricks tutorials ;)

Ribbet, Ribbet

Most Morphs & poses work but a few have crossed over limbs, and yes the jaw opens !

Only problem found so far was that the Cornea shader had to be changed so that the Alpha had a value of 0%

Edit: Did some more morph & pose checking

Tip: Instead of setting the Alpha to 0 for the cornea, set the Alpha to None and turn on transparency, set transparency Intensity to some value above 80 or so (I use 90+).

This will free you up to add highlights via a Highlight value above 20 (I'd go for 60 or higher - even 100) and Shininess to, say, 25 or 33 or somewhere in there. I also add a reflection value of 1 or higher as well. Refraction might be nice or it might bloat out the iris, but I usually try it to see if I like it. Like an Index of Refraction of basic water, glass or some such.

We are Daz's bastard stepchildren!

Rolling on the Floor, Laughing me entire, friggin' Arse Off! laugh

Vyusur said:
    Protozoon said:
    th3Digit said:

the Protozoon piano does not even load in Carrara

I expected the keys not to affect the hammers etc unless saved as poses which I was going to do each note but nah does not even load just gets an error

Warning: file \data\Protozoon\HD Grand Piano and Poses\Grand Piano\Grand Piano.dsf could not be loaded
    Error: node /data/Protozoon/HD%20Grand%20Piano%20and%20Poses/Grand%20Piano/Grand%20Piano.dsf#Hammer%2001%20A0 not found

Hi!

I don't have any experience of Carrara, but I'll try to figure out a workaround. Does Carrara support Daz rigging?

Protozoon

Carrara supports DS rigging except for G3 and G8 figures.

...and it should also be known that we never really got an update for Genesis 2, so auto-fit from Genesis to Genesis 2 or the other way just doesn't work, which is a real bummer in my opinion.

Selinita said:

..Thanks Wendy, the closing of eyes works...

..but any of the multi-control sliders don't - ie to close the eyes I have to move each eye separately the one to do both at the same time doesn't nor do any of the other multi-sliders like the one to change the features to Afraid or Angry - I have to find each feature and do it myself. Any more brilliant ideas, please yes

Selina

This is the first I've heard of this stuff.

Really? I've been using V4.2 in Carrara for years and all morphs work as expected. Strange. 

Back in the day, we had to load (and this only had to be done once - period) Victoria 4 into Daz Studio and, when doing so, select everything in the Powerloader, then click Okay. I don't even think she needs to be saved. It just fixed a problem where saving morphed V4 would result in morphs not working when reopened (in Carrara).

So for that, we'd just need to

1. Make sure we have Victoria 4 Power Loader installed
    2. Open DS, load V4
    3. Power Loader pops up automatically at that point
    4. Select everything
    5. Okay

MerKhrys said:

Hi,

It's about an item called "Leather Body for Genesis 2 Female(s)" made by OutOfTouch (not purchased here, sorry).

It's not that it doesn't work. In fact all works as it's supposed to.

The problem is that when I edit it and try to use soft selection, it gives the result you can see in the attached picture, which makes soft selection totally useless.

It does the same (or worse) whatever polygon, edge or vertice I select. I tried to export as an obj and reimport, to copy the mesh into another vertex object, no change.

Does someone know how to correct this, a workaround ?

Right. There are some product that behave this way, and I'm not sure why it is. Sucks. Strange.

Just so you know, you do NOT need to disable topology protection. I'm pretty sure that topology protection only prevents us from making figure-breaking changes to the mesh, so it's perfectly safe and often preferred to just leave that enabled.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825
    Selinita said:

..Thanks Wendy, the closing of eyes works...

..but any of the multi-control sliders don't - ie to close the eyes I have to move each eye separately the one to do both at the same time doesn't nor do any of the other multi-sliders like the one to change the features to Afraid or Angry - I have to find each feature and do it myself. Any more brilliant ideas, please yes

Selina

This is the first I've heard of this stuff.

Really? I've been using V4.2 in Carrara for years and all morphs work as expected. Strange. 

Back in the day, we had to load (and this only had to be done once - period) Victoria 4 into Daz Studio and, when doing so, select everything in the Powerloader, then click Okay. I don't even think she needs to be saved. It just fixed a problem where saving morphed V4 would result in morphs not working when reopened (in Carrara).

So for that, we'd just need to

1. Make sure we have Victoria 4 Power Loader installed
    2. Open DS, load V4
    3. Power Loader pops up automatically at that point
    4. Select everything
    5. Okay

it was broken later in the DIM files and morphs ++ does it

I broke it again recently adding new morphs and fixed it using my old Figures, Characters and avatars DVD files

I did put in a support ticket but it was deemed solved as I never managed to track down what file exactly is broken in DIM, it affects Poser too

Hi all.... I use Carrara mostly using purchased buildings or environments and creating my own sets... don't often add figures except for scale. I did just buy the DOG 8 model, and it loads nicely and looks great. But none of the poses work. And if I move the figure using parameters the "bones" move properly but the figure doesn't.... just remains in it's default pose. I believe that the "8" human figures don't work properly in Carrara, but I took a chance on the dog. Other than opening the dog in Daz Studio, posing it and exporting it, does anyone have any advice? I'm getting kind of fed up with Carrara actually. I've been using it for years but I'm afraid that at some point an OS update or something will leave Carrara unusable. Oh well.... PS. I'm on a Mac using OS 10.11.6. I haven't upgraded to the newest OS mostly because I'm worried Carrara. So if any of you are also on Macs and using more recent OS versions I'd also like to know. Thanks.

Workaround on page 18 of this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3750916/#Comment_3750916

Ribbet, Ribbet

Most Morphs & poses work but a few have crossed over limbs, and yes the jaw opens !

Only problem found so far was that the Cornea shader had to be changed so that the Alpha had a value of 0%

Edit: Did some more morph & pose checking

Tip: Instead of setting the Alpha to 0 for the cornea, set the Alpha to None and turn on transparency, set transparency Intensity to some value above 80 or so (I use 90+).

This will free you up to add highlights via a Highlight value above 20 (I'd go for 60 or higher - even 100) and Shininess to, say, 25 or 33 or somewhere in there. I also add a reflection value of 1 or higher as well. Refraction might be nice or it might bloat out the iris, but I usually try it to see if I like it. Like an Index of Refraction of basic water, glass or some such.

Hello Dart, glad to see your back, thanks for the tip !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

Hi all.... I use Carrara mostly using purchased buildings or environments and creating my own sets... don't often add figures except for scale. I did just buy the DOG 8 model, and it loads nicely and looks great. But none of the poses work. And if I move the figure using parameters the "bones" move properly but the figure doesn't.... just remains in it's default pose. I believe that the "8" human figures don't work properly in Carrara, but I took a chance on the dog. Other than opening the dog in Daz Studio, posing it and exporting it, does anyone have any advice? I'm getting kind of fed up with Carrara actually. I've been using it for years but I'm afraid that at some point an OS update or something will leave Carrara unusable. Oh well.... PS. I'm on a Mac using OS 10.11.6. I haven't upgraded to the newest OS mostly because I'm worried Carrara. So if any of you are also on Macs and using more recent OS versions I'd also like to know. Thanks.

I don't have the daz dog 8 I went for the Hivewire3D dog instead

but.. If you load up the dog into DS and convert it to blended weight and save it out ( using a new file name ) it should load and then work in Carrara... you will need to do same with any clothing accesories that you may have as well...

that should all work for you... alternatively you can get the HW3D dog which will work straight off.. yes

good to see you back Dart smiley