Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• OBS studio (Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming) is what I use if I have to record my desktop.

• Great thank you! 

• I vote Camtasia as well.  Just please don't skimp on a good quality microphone.  The one that comes with your computer is genearlly not of a sufficient quality to produce good sound for tutorials or recording (in my experience only).

• Thanks!  I don't know anything about microphones but apparently, I am going to learn lol.

Saba Taru said:

I vote Camtasia as well.  Just please don't skimp on a good quality microphone.  The one that comes with your computer is genearlly not of a sufficient quality to produce good sound for tutorials or recording (in my experience only).

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2018

Thanks!  I don't know anything about microphones but apparently, I am going to learn lol.

Saba Taru said:

I vote Camtasia as well.  Just please don't skimp on a good quality microphone.  The one that comes with your computer is genearlly not of a sufficient quality to produce good sound for tutoria ls or recording (in my experience only).

Yeti. It's got multiple options, including omni-directional. My sons (BOTH) liked mine so much they each bought one.

Post edited by Novica on

Here's a review.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

Here's a review.

I've got that mic, too! Love the quality.

edited September 2018

LOL @icedragonart  Anything else we can do for you? We're on a roll :) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Yes you are lol!  Thank you so much.  The rest is going to be up to me i think!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited September 2018

I bought the Blue Ice Snowball Condenser Microphone years ago & it's excellent. It is huge though (not as huge as the other Blue microphone recommended here) if you are used to those tiny microphones like what was available back a decade or more for home internet computers. Personally I like the more traditional shape of the other Blue mic recommended here in this thread but my ears personally can't distinguish between the two.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Thanks Nonesuch00!  will be looking into all recommendations and this one is a bit more in my price range at the moment.  But I will check them all out.

Well, it's a great time to shop. 

It was definitely a glitch- the $30 cutoff points are now strictly in place. 

They already did all my upgrades (cooling, remove Windows bloat, pixel perfection check, eliminate backlight bleed) that I added this weekend and shipped my computer. Wow!!!!

• Sorry, can I just ask what you mean when you say "remove Windows bloat"?

• somefunok said:

Sorry, can I just ask what you mean when you say "remove Windows bloat"?

Remove Windows and install Linux! devil

I jest...

Omen

edited September 2018
    somefunok said:

Windows comes with quite a few things a typical user will never use.  It's not as easy as it seems to get rid of it.  If you buy from someone who offers the removal, I'd certainly think about it.  This PC Mag article  will also tell you what to use to help get rid of bloatware on your current computer  :)  The HIDevolution sales rep said he would really recommend it, and he didn't mention expensive upgrade options that were available, so I trusted him. Glad I did after I read up on it.

The "clean Install of Windows 10 Pro" was only $15 but I went with 

Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro including 32GB Clean Install Flash Drive +$40.00   

in case I ever have to reinstall Windows. (this will be your RAM and your Windows system)

Post edited by Novica on
    7thOmen said:

I jest...

LOL well that would certainly solve it! 

• 7thOmen said:
    somefunok said:

I jest...

Omen

I don't get on line with any other OS

edited September 2018

I am not EVER buying anything from NewEgg, their site was infected with malware. FOR A MONTH. That is inexcusable. Got the notice from them a few minutes ago. Buy direct from the sellers, as I mentioned earlier anyway.  Article here

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Novica said:

Alert- do NOT buy anything from NewEgg, their site was infected with malware. Got the notice from them a few minutes ago. Buy direct from the sellers, as I mentioned earlier anyway.  Article here

I bought from them last week. crying

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited September 2018
    Novica said:

Alert- do NOT buy anything from NewEgg, their site was infected with malware. Got the notice from them a few minutes ago. Buy direct from the sellers, as I mentioned earlier anyway.  Article here

Haven't heard anything from NewEgg myself and just had an SSD arrive that I ordered last week

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

Haven't heard anything from NewEgg myself and just had an SSD arrive that I ordered last week

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/19/newegg-credit-card-data-breach/

https://www.pcgamer.com/hackers-installed-sophisticated-malware-on-neweggs-servers-to-steal-customer-data/

If you've bought from NewEgg lately, report your card as stolen and get a new one.

edited September 2018

THE EMAIL: Yesterday, we learned one of our servers had been injected with malware which may have allowed some of your information to be acquired or accessed by a third party. The malware was quite sophisticated and we are conducting extensive research to determine exactly what information may have been acquired or accessed and how many customers may have been impacted. We will keep you up to date with our progress and work to ensure this doesn't happen again. The malware is no longer on our site and we will be doing our best to bring the culprits to justice.

We have not yet determined which customer accounts may have been affected, but out of an abundance of caution we are alerting those accounts at risk as soon as possible so that they can keep an eye on their accounts for any suspicious activity. We hope by alerting you quickly to help prevent any misuse of information that may have been acquired or accessed.

By Friday, we will publish an FAQ that will answer common questions we get; we will send you a link as soon as it goes live. We will also publish the link on our social media platforms. We want to make sure you are completely informed.

We are very sorry circumstances have warranted this message. We are working diligently to address this issue and will provide additional information to you shortly.

Sincerely,
    Danny Lee, CEO Newegg

Post edited by Novica on

I'm SO excited. My laptop left Anaheim CA at 10:30p last night, and just left Vaughn, New Mexico two hours ago. Do you remember before the internet, when there was no easy way to track where your mail was?  And radar for storms coming in was shown in the bottom corner of your huge, boxy tv? But only for bad storms, you couldn't just get radar any time you wanted it. Hard to imagine nowadays, or not being able to call someone at the grocery store to tell them what else to pick up, because there were no cell phones. 

Be sure and check to see if there's a purple banner for $5 off DOs.  Even new ones! So I got DM's Tiempetto for $7.23 (over 70% off)

• Its crazy how uneasy I am if I don't have my phone.  Even though I've spent more than half my life without one lol

• I realized that I said I had used Colerwerks Iray Hair Shaders on these wings but forgot to post the picture! A couple of things to keep in mind.  If you don't go under the main wings in surfaces it will apply the shader to everything including the bones along the top.  So just use the drop down and select only the feathers.  (I did change the bone shaders those are scale shaders, but that was just because I liked the way it looked lol) You will also have to play a bit with the utilities and make the horizontal and vertical scaling higher or lower depending on what you want to do. And you want to definitely preview, because not all of the mask options work with the wings.  This has blond with darker blond overlays.

Those look amazing, great tips on the tiling.

• I was totally thrilled that it actually worked lol.

This discussion has been closed.