Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I just realized as the PC sale is kicking off that this marks the beginning of my third year here.  I actaully found daz mid September, and wow, the sales lol!  Its been such a fun experience, I am looking forward to many more years!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Bit of fun with magic.  This blue magic shield and the pose is from the Surge  prop and pose pack.   Quite handy to have some poses that use the magical props. The fire is from Jepe's dragonfire iray (I think its the dragon fire. I own all but one or two of his sets and they are all grouped together but, if you want fantastic magic effects in addtion to the Surge props, you can't go wrong with Jepe's stuff)  The mage is Amaya by Anagord.  If you want female characters that have strong but beautiful faces, her characters are a good choice. 

Edited to add, I did not do a whole lot of postwork on this one, I added the background and the smoke around the edges and the ground and adjusted the tone a tiny bit and that was it.

This is awesome, and I wish I had known about these shields befoe I did my last book cover order, it would have been perfect! 

edited September 2018

Bit of fun with magic.  This blue magic shield and the pose is from the Surge  prop and pose pack.   Quite handy to have some poses that use the magical props. The fire is from Jepe's dragonfire iray (I think its the dragon fire. I own all but one or two of his sets and they are all grouped together but, if you want fantastic magic effects in addtion to the Surge props, you can't go wrong with Jepe's stuff)  The mage is Amaya by Anagord.  If you want female characters that have strong but beautiful faces, her characters are a good choice. 

Edited to add, I did not do a whole lot of postwork on this one, I added the background and the smoke around the edges and the ground and adjusted the tone a tiny bit and that was it.

This is awesome, and I wish I had known about these shields befoe I did my last book cover order, it would have been perfect! 

Thank you! I've had them for a while just haven't had a chance to use them yet lol.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • I gave the Sim Tenero Randomizer 2 a quick spin with the Daz Dragon3.  So easy and I love what I ended up with. Best viewed full size.

This is the Elder Dragon Eidron - oldest of the dragons of Pantasya, and one of a handful who survived the death of their life bonded partners.  He has lived several thousand years, and watched ( and later guided) the rise and fall of nations.  He is tired now, but knows that the new High Queen will need his guidance. The evil that her grandmother, the previous High Queen, had defeated and  locked away after a several centuries of war, was stirring. The magical bonds were weakening as those who placed them moved on through the Journey Gates to their next life, as all living things must.

edited September 2018

Solnedra - A golden dragon she is life bonded to young scout (spy) who has caught the eye of the High Queen's Spymaster- more on this later, its very late and I can't keep my eyes open.

SOLNEDRA SUN DRAGON.png
    1236 x 2000 - 3M
  • I gave the Sim Tenero Randomizer 2 a quick spin with the Daz Dragon3.  So easy and I love what I ended up with. Best viewed full size.

This is the Elder Dragon Eidron - oldest of the dragons of Pantasya, and one of a handful who survived the death of their life bonded partners.  He has lived several thousand years, and watched ( and later guided) the rise and fall of nations.  He is tired now, but knows that the new High Queen will need his guidance. The evil that her grandmother, the previous High Queen, had defeated and  locked away after a several centuries of war, was stirring. The magical bonds were weakening as those who placed them moved on through the Journey Gates to their next life, as all living things must.

Very nice! And I love the storytelling behind the image.

Trish

Trish

Thanks!  He is part of a my world building project.  Very slow going as I have never written anything in my life (although I am a bit of a rabid reader lol).  I want to build a world and fill it with pictures and short stories based around a main story.  Its been slow going but occaisionally I get a chance to work on it, even if its just a snippet here and there.  There is more on my Deviant Art page under the World of Pantasya

• Very nice! And I love the storytelling behind the image.

Trish

Thanks!  He is part of a my world building project.  Very slow going as I have never written anything in my life (although I am a bit of a rabid reader lol).  I want to build a world and fill it with pictures and short stories based around a main story.  Its been slow going but occaisionally I get a chance to work on it, even if its just a snippet here and there.  There is more on my Deviant Art page under the World of Pantasya

I'll go check it out over at Deviant Art. 

Trish

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

I gave the Sim Tenero Randomizer 2 a quick spin with the Daz Dragon3.  So easy and I love what I ended up with. Best viewed full size.

Trish

Liking the dragons, and good luck on the world building, welcome to the wonderful world of plot holes where if questioned you can just go "Yes, you noticed that then?" angel

• Very nice! And I love the storytelling behind the image.

Trish

I'll go check it out over at Deviant Art. 

Trish

Thanks!  Just getting started really, we will see where it goes lol.

Noswen said:

I gave the Sim Tenero Randomizer 2 a quick spin with the Daz Dragon3.  So easy and I love what I ended up with. Best viewed full size.

Trish

Liking the dragons, and good luck on the world building, welcome to the wonderful world of plot holes where if questioned you can just go "Yes, you noticed that then?" angel

Thank you!  Ya, so far its been very interesting and a big of a struggle to work things out.  But I figure its a learning process and I will have fun with it anyway.

• Both of those dragons turned out really nice! I love them.

• Both of those dragons turned out really nice! I love them.

Thank you!

• This was my recent entry into the Not So Fast Render Contest.  Had a total blast with this, so much fun and really stretched my imagination!  Would totally do this again!  If you haven't had a chance to check it out and to take a look at all of the other great renders you can find all of it here.  Make sure that you check out what we each had to work with. It was crazy!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I have been really out of the loop.. there were 168 post since I last looked into this thread, and there was so much to catchup to. I still love all your postwork experiments, showing the possibilites that are there. Compared to that I'm still a blody noob concerning postwork. I really liked that oilpaing experiment, it reminded me of some other images in that style, so I think it worked fine, even thoug some detail was lost.

• Linwelly said:

I have been really out of the loop.. there were 168 post since I last looked into this thread, and there was so much to catchup to. I still love all your postwork experiments, showing the possibilites that are there. Compared to that I'm still a blody noob concerning postwork. I really liked that oilpaing experiment, it reminded me of some other images in that style, so I think it worked fine, even thoug some detail was lost.

Thank you!  I have been a bit busy lol. 

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Will have to check it out at DA.  Use an outline or 'see where it goes' ?  Just curious.

Anyway, best wishes on it!

--Bruce

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I keep coming back to look at your 'Not So Fast' image. Every time I look at it I see something new. Amazing work and congratulations!

• Tynkere said:

Will have to check it out at DA.  Use an outline or 'see where it goes' ?  Just curious.

Anyway, best wishes on it!

--Bruce

Haha well, very very broad outline the rest is see where it goes.

I keep coming back to look at your 'Not So Fast' image. Every time I look at it I see something new. Amazing work and congratulations!

Thank you very much!

edited September 2018

Yotul by Anagord

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray

Photoshop CC - not a ton of postwork, a fair amount of adjustment layers but no overlays etc.

YOTUL.jpg
    738 x 960 - 126K
    edited September 2018

This is personal art.  I did the original render(s) very very late at night several days ago, and just finished the postwork on it tonight.  This one has been rattling around in my head since I picked up the hell horse several months ago.  I did three renders, then moved it all to photoshop. Rons brushes played a large part in this one lol. Definitely best viewed full size.

Link to the Gallery

HELL HORSE.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 3M
    HELL HORSE 1.png
    2500 x 2000 - 4M
    HELL HORSE NO BACKGROUND.png
    2500 x 2000 - 5M
    HELL HORSE EXO PLANET.png
    2500 x 2000 - 7M

@IceDragonArt what an amazing image of the Hell Horse and it's rider. I love Yotul as well. Whatever model you take into the fantasy genre you come up with something amazing. The lighting on Yutol is particularly powerful. Is it one of Marshian's lighting sets?

edited September 2018

Thank you so much!  Fantasy is definitely the genre that I love to work in.  Always has been, probably always will be lol.

The lights for Yotul are actually from Iradiance Light Probes.  I don't remember which set.  The background is the hdri that came with that particular preset (you get a different background with each light that is included). I also did some tone and saturation adjustments in Photoshop to really get the colors saturated.

This is the original so you can see what I started with and what I ended up with.  I posted the one above from my laptop so didn't have the original handy.

YOTUL ANAGORD.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M

I have them on my wishlist :) I need to grab them as soon as they are on a good deal because I really like that effect.

I've been gradually buying up your recommendations in the sales as I spot them. I have quite a few of Marshians now. You've introduced me to a whole new world of lighting :)

• I have them on my wishlist :) I need to grab them as soon as they are on a good deal because I really like that effect.

I've been gradually buying up your recommendations in the sales as I spot them. I have quite a few of Marshians now. You've introduced me to a whole new world of lighting :)

Glad I could help lol!  I hate lighting my own scenes.  I know how to do it because I like to know how stuff works, but ugh!! I hate it and I'm not that good at it lol.  And honestly,  from a time stand point, purchased lights work the best for me, with some tweaking.  I kind of feel like one can never have enough light sets.  Or shaders.... lol.

I'm the same.  ... and I'm exactly the same with shaders, lol.

I love the flexibility of being able to change things quickly. I do sometimes add in lights myself, but more often I simply mix and match lighting sets.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Nice postwork.  I *can* comment on PS at least.  ; )

Left comment at DA about your story.  Hopefully it went through.  Haven't used their UI much.    

best wishes on it!

• Tynkere said:

Nice postwork.  I *can* comment on PS at least.  ; )

Left comment at DA about your story.  Hopefully it went through.  Haven't used their UI much.    

best wishes on it!

Thank you very much!  Comments (and conversations) are always welcome here.

• Wow, you're talented!  Great work!

Scott

• Thank you very much Scott! Maybe a little bit of talent, but a whole lot of stubborness lol.

edited September 2018

Well, apparently we aren't going to be loading any images today.  Everytime I hit browse and choose a file it blinks then says no file selected.  Even though there was clearly a file selected.  Okay that was weird.  I posted this and the file is there.  although it doesn't show at all until I posted.  Anyway, this is a nice little scene by BlueTreeStudios, and I really felt like the dragons would love this kind of place.

ISLAND OF DREAMS.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 204K