edited October 2018

Grayce.  Before and after.

GRAYCE.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 5M
    GRAYCE.png
    1563 x 2500 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Hope your having a good time on vacation, and super hot render!  

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Love when you give us the before and after.  Can really get a glimpse into your creative process.  yes    Wonderful updates.

Have a great vacation.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you both!  Its a working vacation really, my husband is painting a house for someone we work for frequently in Ohio.  So I have been taping and masking all day while he paints.  We have the main body of the house done now and just the trim to go so we should still have about a week left to just go and do stuff together. But man, it was 99 degrees today in the sun.  Good thing I don't mind a bit of hard work and I am a summer girl so it wasn't too terrible. But being able to go to the beach or the pool after working all day sure is nce!

edited October 2018

I am bored sitting here in the hotel room waiting out this hurricane.  (we are fine, it turned far enough to the east from where we evacuated to, that we are just getting really gusty winds and rain.)  Since I don't know if we are going to lose power or not I am sticking to simple things that won't make me cry if I suddenly lose power lol.  I did a quick study on what a big difference lighting can make in a render. (and, I thought these knives were super cool and very well done!) its the Fantasy Blades by Wicked Creations. The two dragon knives are exactly the same except for the lighting.  I rendered the demon blade just because I wanted to see what it looked like lol

DRAGON BLADE.png
    2000 x 3236 - 4M
    DRAGON BLADE 2.png
    2000 x 3236 - 4M
    DEMON BLADE.png
    2000 x 3236 - 4M
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I assume there is still the real possibility of losing power, but based on the maps I've seen, it looks like the worst of Michael has past.

On a side note, I wonder if this was Michael 7 or Michael 8…
    wink

Stay safe.

L'Adair said:

I assume there is still the real possibility of losing power, but based on the maps I've seen, it looks like the worst of Michael has past.

On a side note, I wonder if this was Michael 7 or Michael 8…
    wink

Stay safe.

Haha I think it was Michael 4 almost 5!  Ya its mellowed out quite a bit, especially where we are. 

• Hi all. I've been working with IceDragonArt to produce a webinar event where she will be revealing some of her high value tips in real time to create compelling character art!

It's an opportunity to connect with her and with some of the other artists on this thread and learn together. You'll be able to chat, ask questions and see IceDragonArt's desktop as she explains step by step tips and tricks.

Click below to register or to find out more!

Use "icedragon10" at checkout for a 10% discount

Can't make the event? Registration includes a high definition recording.

If you have any questions about the event, approach IceDragonArt or myself and we'll be pleased to help.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Woha! Congrats Sonja, I just had that webinar announcement in my mail, very cool thing!

Hope you're still sfe there from the giant hug of Michael..

@Paul I don't know if its just me or if others have that problem as well, you mails are usually not shown completely in my mailaccount, the scroll down funtion seems to be off. I don't have that problem with any other mails coming to that account. When I click on the answer button I can see everythign you send, so its there just out of reach. Maybe you can have a look into that.

Thanks!  Yes we are safe and flying home this afternoon.

And yes, I'm super excited about this, I really hope it will be useful for people.  If anyone wants to see how I did a particular image let me know and I will see if i can fit it in.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Great news, Sonja.  

Digital Art Live webinars are wonderful. Have always admired your post work, and I’m sure I’m not alone.  Your webinar will be a big success.  Safe travels.

Thanks @Diomede!  I really am very excited.  Very nervous as well but I'm really looking forward to doing it.  I will be deconstructing numerous projects and showing what I do from start to finish.  Some have lots of layers some don't.  I will be also be sharing the shortcuts in photoshop that I use the most to speed things up a bit when working.  If anyone want to see something particular let me know and I wil try and add it in.

• Digital Art LiveDigital Art Live Posts: 121
    edited October 2018
    Linwelly said:

Thanks for me letting me know @Linwelly. Not sure whats causing the scroll down problem and it's the first time I've heard of this issue, but I'll consult my service provider. Most webinar event links are now included in the top section of the newsletter, so hopefully you can see these straight off.

@Paul I don't know if its just me or if others have that problem as well, you mails are usually not shown completely in my mailaccount, the scroll down funtion seems to be off. I don't have that problem with any other mails coming to that account. When I click on the answer button I can see everythign you send, so its there just out of reach. Maybe you can have a look into that.

Post edited by Digital Art Live on
  • Digital Art LiveDigital Art Live Posts: 121
    edited October 2018

Thanks @diomede for your support. I think @IceDragonArt 's webinar will be providing some really useful character art tips and yes! Let's have some input from those on thread as to what they'd like to see relating to IceDragonArt's work

Post edited by Digital Art Live on
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

I think anything Sonja does is worthy of a webinar!  Good luck with your webinar, Sonja! 

Scott

wsgentry said:

I think anything Sonja does is worthy of a webinar!  Good luck with your webinar, Sonja! 

Scott

Aww thank you! 

edited October 2018

Monster Bride by Disciple3d (our very own Greybro in case you did not know) and Sixus1 Media.  At a very very good price right now. (Link quit working, so I don't know what's up.  Will repost later)

Monster Bride.jpg
    738 x 960 - 163K

Wait what? I didn't know that.. and well its not notified that Greybro was involwed as it just says daz originals.

But the set is definitely worth while, with the character, the bandages and the dress with d-force settings

Yup tis true lol.  I believe todays (or yesterdays) release of Monster is also theirs.

The Monster for g8male was today, and yes greybro is listed there together with Sixus, but the Monster bride isn't listed in his shop either

Linwelly said:

The Monster for g8male was today, and yes greybro is listed there together with Sixus, but the Monster bride isn't listed in his shop either

Huh, that's kind of weird. 

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Congratulations on the webinar, and nice image of the Monster Bride.

Noswen said:

Congratulations on the webinar, and nice image of the Monster Bride.

Thank you very much!

edited October 2018

Beloved Companion - This is actually a promo for the stairs (by Mortem Vetus - there are multiple pieces so you can build a large range of shapes). Definitely best viewd at full size.  I actually remembered to add it to the gallery

BELOVED COMPANION SS.jpg
    1732 x 1579 - 2M
    CARVED IN STONE 1 STAIRWAYS.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I like the first one better, due to the details and saturation. Beautiful! 

Yes, the first one is the final image, the second one is how it looked coming out of Daz, before it went to postwork.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads Sonja hun on the Webinar!

You should be the teacher when it comes to 3D Art you are so talented!!

Congrads Sonja hun on the Webinar!

You should be the teacher when it comes to 3D Art you are so talented!!

Thank you very much Saphire!  I will certainly do my best!  Hopefully, people will pick up some useful information anyway!!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Beloved Companion - This is actually a promo for the stairs (by Mortem Vetus - there are multiple pieces so you can build a large range of shapes). Definitely best viewd at full size.  I actually remembered to add it to the gallery

This is very beautiful indeed.  I also like the first render with the stark contrast between the blue and oversaturated light.

I'm curious.  Is that Harry or DH2?

@Dracorn thanks!  That is actually the Daz Horse 2 with the Iray shaders by DG.  I finally broke down and bought the darn bundle (I had all but 2 of the items already, but couldn't get all the coats without buying the bundle.  I did get it a sale price but I do wish there was an option to finish a bundle a different way, and get all that comes with at that point.