Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you both!  Hensley kind of built herself, I had no idea where I was going with it until it happened.  For some reason, those alwasy seem to turn out the best lol.

edited July 2018

This is the new Axarran Headress by BadKittehCo.  This thing is awesome. the hair is included as part of the headress and the horns are separate.  Much more versatile than I had thought it would be.  The before and after of these really show how useful photoshop can be.  The black background came about because Studio lost my render and I hit the save my last render and managed to grab the image.  The image with the clear background is the second render, and I will probably do something with it just for fun.  The second one is my preferred method most of the time because its much more flexible to work with in post.  However, the black background ended up being something I rather liked for this, so happy accident and all of that lol.

HEADRESS SS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Headress 2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited July 2018

This the promo for the additional textures for this headress.  Totally love these, and I am going to have to come up with something in my world building that is going to let me use these a lot lol.

Axarra Headress.jpg
    738 x 960 - 99K
    edited July 2018

I changed out the diffuse colors of the wood blocks to blend in better with the scene.  I had a lot of trouble with the pose, the feet and the hands and her butt did not all connect to the *floor* the way one would think they would.  I probably spent a good half hour or more trying to get this to work correctly.  Not sure why a pose would not have all the parts touching the ground that should be touching the ground.....

IRMA.jpg
    593 x 960 - 98K
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Simply beautiful @IceDragonArt smiley

Though it took you a while to sort the pose out it truly was worth it.

Simply beautiful @IceDragonArt smiley

Though it took you a while to sort the pose out it truly was worth it.

Thank you!  It was the only pose (and I have hundreds of the darn things lol) that fit the image I was going for.  Lots of others were close but this is the pose she wanted so I went with it lol.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

This is top notch work, that headress picture is my favorite, should definitely do more with that.

@paintbox thank you very much! 

edited August 2018

Sensea by Sangriart for G8F

I used the Princess of Darkness 2 for the MFD. I want to start using this a bit more often, I have so many textures for it that are really gorgeous.

Miranda Hair

The Blood Baroness Jewelry

SENSEA.jpg
    738 x 960 - 169K
    edited August 2018

Finally got  chance to render one of my @DarwinsMishaps boys.  This is Lorenzo. 

Solarized Poses.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 1M

Oooo ... that is really something @IceDragonArt! Stunning composition and use of shadows. Just when I think you've hit perfect, you come up with something more.

I love the set. Which one is it?

Thank you very much!  Thats the Pavillion Walkway

Added to my wish list. You’ve given the set a very different feel with your composition. Really atmospheric.

Thank you!  Its really rather versatile, I've used it a couple times now.

Quick heads up, AntMans Land of Iron Orcs is out today.  This is a great set and its far bigger than this render looks, I scaled my orc up quite a bit to get this render.  Lots of nooks and cranies and comes with a hot and a neutral look as well. I have several more renderes planned with this set already

• CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241

Nice work!

@CGHipster thank you!

edited August 2018

Great set of plant props and ground.  Someone has come over the hill to have a look. .

Iray Plants Pack 2

Herdbeast

IRAY PLANTSPACK 2.jpg
    1875 x 1500 - 665K
    edited August 2018

Clarice for V4 by Tempesta 3D

Once again Vicky 4 shows that she is still kickin it.  I really love the angular look of her face, its different and I think gives her quite a bit of character

CLARICE.jpg
    600 x 960 - 125K
    edited August 2018

So this is a promo for the backgrounds by Makena (Misty Woods if you are curious).  I want to say something about premade backgrounds, I know that for some there is a bit of a prejudice against using these.  I'm not sure why, many of them are gorgeous, they can set the mood, they can help tie a render together, they can influence color choices, and for many renders are just a starting point.  And, I often find inspiration for the actual render from some of these backgrounds.  Many times, I will start with a background and I will add so many layers and textures to it that the original may almost not be recognizable but without that in the background, the image would not be as good or convey the same feeling or mood.  Plus, you can always chop them up and use just the parts you need.  This particular image is pretty much straight up the background since that's the product we were working with, but its beautiful on its own and I think the unicorns are a fitting choice for this image.

Misty Woods Backgrounds.jpg
    2048 x 1638 - 455K
    edited August 2018

Really liking RiverSoftArts billboards.  Huge timesaver, as well as not really impacting render time.  Just a quick note, Blue Tree Studio's stuff is for Poser only, however, if you take out the sky dome and replace it with an Iray sky, his scenes work very well in Daz with minimal adjustment. 

Italian Street Scene by BlueTreeStudios

RiverSoftArt's Medieval Billboards

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray

Photoshop CC

ITALIAN STREET SCENE.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 3M
  • CGHipsterCGHipster Posts: 241
    edited August 2018

Very nice

Post edited by CGHipster on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Poser stuff that hasn't been tested in DAZ can often be used with some adjustments. Glad you din't let that detail stop you, either. Fun image :D

• Beautiful scene! Very soft colors, scene full of interesting details. Perfect!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

You've been busy!  Quite a collection of post work and renders going on; you've definitely improved a great deal. Love the creativity. 

CGHipster said:

Very nice

Thank you!

mori_mann said:

Poser stuff that hasn't been tested in DAZ can often be used with some adjustments. Glad you din't let that detail stop you, either. Fun image :D

Thank you!  I have Poser, haven't had much timet to learn although it is a bit higher on the list than it was since we do get quite a few things for promos that are Poser items. Fortunately, 95% of them work perfectly fine in Daz and Iray and probably work even better in 3Delight.

Beautiful scene! Very soft colors, scene full of interesting details. Perfect!

Thank you!  Not my usual but I really like the way it turned out.

You've been busy!  Quite a collection of post work and renders going on; you've definitely improved a great deal. Love the creativity. 

Yes, very lol! Thank you very much it!  I am happy to have discovered that I can in fact do this everyday and still come up with ideas that are at least a little bit different for each render.  And the deadlines have helped me to really streamline the workflow.  Of course, the trade off is that I don't get to do nearly as much personal art, and I cna't always spend as much time on details and playing around just to see what happens as I could before.  But no complaints, I am very happy that my art is starting to look more like what I see in my head.  Always room for improvement of course!

edited August 2018

Dannette - by Anagord

Winter Castle by Stonemason

Postwork by me. You can see I changed the tone to a cooler overall color and lighitng and brightend her hair and some other minor details.  I also adde the shrubs and trees into the scene and used Ron's winter brushes for the snow. I also fixed the poke through on the cloak/skirt and added a bit of mist to the ground.

DANETTE.png
    1236 x 2000 - 4M
    DANETTE.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You always do such stunning work @IceDragonArt, I am loving that you are posting both the before and after render and postwork!!!

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Dannette - by Anagord

Postwork by me. You can see I changed the tone to a cooler overall color and lighitng and brightend her hair and some other minor details.  I also adde the shrubs and trees into the scene and used Ron's winter brushes for the snow. I also fixed the poke through on the cloak/skirt and added a bit of mist to the ground.

I absolutely love all of the post-work you did to this image. Great job!

Trish

You always do such stunning work @IceDragonArt, I am loving that you are posting both the before and after render and postwork!!!

Thank you!  I will be posting more of them.

Dannette - by Anagord

I absolutely love all of the post-work you did to this image. Great job!

Trish

Thank you very much!