Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I sort of need drforce to work for 4.11.x oddly enough. I normally don't use dForce.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Has anyone else noticed that lights with bloom that rendered fine in 4.10 are now REALLY bright and overblown at the very same settings in the new beta? I rendered a scene I rendered in the official version just last week and the lights are very different. Was wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Laurie

• Trigger_31Trigger_31 Posts: 19
    edited July 2018

Is this the place to submit bugs ? Anyway, I tried loading some older DAZ FIles in 4.11 Beta and get an error message : Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000

another error mesage from the log file : WARNING: QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::currentValueChanged() to DzSkeleton::handleDrawGLBonesChanged()

The directories are set up correctly and these .daz files load fine in 4.10.

Post edited by Trigger_31 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812

Is this the place to submit bugs ? Anyway, I tried loading some older DAZ FIles in 4.11 Beta and get an error message : Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000

The directories are set up correctly and these .daz files load fine in 4.10.

Some .daz format files are problematic (hence the switch to .duf format). To submit bugs, click here. Do state the product\files you are having problems with. As a workaround, load the .daz files in 4.10 and save as Scene Subset. The files will then be saved in the .duf format.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Ctl-Z....is it just me or does this not work anymore?

• Ctl-Z....is it just me or does this not work anymore?

Just ctrl-z, or are the other short-cuts failing too? If the latter you may just need to reload the layout or even just the actions (via the Import button in Windows>Workspace>Customise).

• I must use an elevated command prompt to start Daz Studio via remote desktop. When I do this I get an error. "Daz Studio cannot be run with elevated permissions." I know this is due to the "FIX" where they disabled the ability of the program to be launched with elevated permissions. 

How can I launch Daz via an elevated command prompt without Daz being given the elevated permissions (on a windows machine)?

• jtbetheljtbethel Posts: 42
    edited July 2018

Having a strange problem with some poses, when the shin bends right or left it distorts the thigh. Once this happens the figure becomes corrupt and has to be reloaded. I've tested these poses in 4.10 and they work as expected. So not sure what's going on. This happens to the genesis 8 male amd female. Also not all poses that have a bend on the shin cause this problem. I have a bunch of poses i created and most of them have the same problem, not sure if anyone can test, i've also included the pose.

Nick

Try this

pulldown EDIT
    Preferences
    CONTENT tab
    When importing aPose/Shaping file that exceeds Limit - set to Always leave limits ON
    APPLY
    ACCEPT

next time you load G8 she should behave better.

Post edited by jtbethel on
  • I must use an elevated command prompt to start Daz Studio via remote desktop. When I do this I get an error. "Daz Studio cannot be run with elevated permissions." I know this is due to the "FIX" where they disabled the ability of the program to be launched with elevated permissions. 

How can I launch Daz via an elevated command prompt without Daz being given the elevated permissions (on a windows machine)?

Why do you need elevated privileges to launch DS? Surely the remote desktop software is set up to be able to launch software normally, otherwise it would be a huge security risk.

• Why do you need elevated privileges to launch DS? Surely the remote desktop software is set up to be able to launch software normally, otherwise it would be a huge security risk.

I never said that I "need elevated privileges to launch DS". I need to launch DS from a command prompt that has elevated privileges.

Surely the remote desktop software is set up to be able to launch software normally

Yes, it is. However, my client pc does not support OpenGL 1.3 which is required by DS. I must use a workaround to launch Daz.

Since you know about security, how do I launch a program without elevated permissions from a batch file that has elevated permissions?

How do I launch a program without elevated permissions from a batch file that has elevated permissions?

I believe it is not possible, since the batch file is passing on the elevated permissions to the applications in the batch file.

• Why do you need elevated privileges to launch DS? Surely the remote desktop software is set up to be able to launch software normally, otherwise it would be a huge security risk.

I never said that I "need elevated privileges to launch DS". I need to launch DS from a command prompt that has elevated privileges.

Surely the remote desktop software is set up to be able to launch software normally

Yes, it is. However, my client pc does not support OpenGL 1.3 which is required by DS. I must use a workaround to launch Daz.

Since you know about security, how do I launch a program without elevated permissions from a batch file that has elevated permissions?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15473015/start-process-as-limited-user-from-elevated-script

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 162
    AllenArt said:

Has anyone else noticed that lights with bloom that rendered fine in 4.10 are now REALLY bright and overblown at the very same settings in the new beta? I rendered a scene I rendered in the official version just last week and the lights are very different. Was wondering if anyone else has come across this.

Exact level of overblown-ness I had with 4.10.  I'm using values of 0.025 or lower.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139

Have something I need to mention here.  Not sure if this is a known bug or not but when I try to click on Genesis 8 Males head the cursor is ignorned.  So then I tried to right click within the view port nothing happens. I then tried to right click on the figures head, nothing.  Tried loading a fresh version of G8M to see if was some weird thing going on with my work file but nope. same thing.  Can't right click in the view port nor can I double click to select his head!  Weird!  

• RAMWolff said:

Have something I need to mention here.  Not sure if this is a known bug or not but when I try to click on Genesis 8 Males head the cursor is ignorned.  So then I tried to right click within the view port nothing happens. I then tried to right click on the figures head, nothing.  Tried loading a fresh version of G8M to see if was some weird thing going on with my work file but nope. same thing.  Can't right click in the view port nor can I double click to select his head!  Weird!  

Is the head set to Selectable Off?

I wouldn't think it would be off if I loaded a new instance of the figure!  

• RAMWolff said:

No, but someone else had a similar issue a few days ago - I'm wondering if an add-on product could chneg the default, it is possible to ERC Boolean values. That's assuming it's just the head - a more geenral failure might well be a matter of which tool is active (the beta and release would track that separately).

Have you looked at the -alloRemote switch added in 4.9.3.166? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_9_3_166#4_9_3_41

Added an -allowRemote command line switch to override the immediate application exit following the OpenGL critical message when launched via remote desktop software; the OpenGL minimum version critical message is still displayed; this switch is useful for scenarios where the machine upon which the application is launched is known to meet or exceed the minimum OpenGL version requirement (i.e., 1.3), but the remote desktop software does not provide adequate support; this switch should be used with appropriate caution

RAMWolff said:

No, but someone else had a similar issue a few days ago - I'm wondering if an add-on product could chneg the default, it is possible to ERC Boolean values. That's assuming it's just the head - a more geenral failure might well be a matter of which tool is active (the beta and release would track that separately).

I'm not sure I understand you there Richard.  This wasn't an issue in the previous version.  I've just reloaded up DS and there are no sections of the figure with any x next to any of it's sub components. I didn't have any script set up to preload to make it impossible to right click in the view port either.  

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    jmtbank said:
    AllenArt said:

Exact level of overblown-ness I had with 4.10.  I'm using values of 0.025 or lower.

Yeah, I'm  using values that low too...had to go even lower...

Laurie

RAMWolff said:

Does it only happen to G8M, or any figure? I assume this didn't happen when you first installed this version?

Got it figured out.  Never mind!  My bad!  LMAO  

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2018
    gederix said:
    marble said:

Above crash is repeatable when using the Active Pose tool. I did notice that there was no crash when loading a new scene with a base G3F but when I loaded a saved 4.10 scene with a G3M figure, it crashed immediately when I tried to pose using the Active Pose tool. This has also been added to the Bug Report.

I just experienced this. 2 hours work out the window while using active pose, start to pull a body part, daz freezes for a second and then just closes. One second working, the next Im staring at my desktop.

Tech Support asked me to submit the log file so I did a bit more testing at the same time. I've narrowed it down to certain modes when using the Active Pose tool. Firstly, it is happening when I use the pins (which is the whole point of using this tool, of course). Then selecting either "Pin at Both" or "Pin at End" causes an instant crash when you attempt to drag any part of the figure. Leaving the default "Pin at Origin" has not yet caused a crash for me.

Post edited by marble on
  • Thank you I have tried runas already. Unfortunately, it prompts for a password in my situation, even when I tell it to use stored credentials. The client pc has to be disconnected to prevent daz from using its specs so reconnecting to enter the password defeats the purpose.

Have you looked at the -alloRemote switch added in 4.9.3.166?

Thank you, yes I tried it on 4.9 and it had problems at the time and still does with 4.11. Iray doesn't render correctly and I can't manipulate the scene using any of the mouse tools. This might work for someone that just needs to use their server for rendering, but my laptop doesn't meet the requirements to run 4.9 and later.

The solution that I have found to work for me is to use schtasks. In the batch file after the command to disconnect the remote connection and switch to the local, it creates a new scheduled task to launch DS sometime in the future, then it immediately starts that task.

The real solution to my actual problem is to buy a new laptop, but I can't afford that.

• mikmodmikmod Posts: 65

With latest beta I noticed visible aliasing in renders on default settings, is it normal?

aliasing.PNG
    469 x 616 - 579K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited July 2018
    Studio94 said:
    Studio94 said:

version is showing as 4.11.0.171 in the "about"

That is the right one

:( that's unfortunate, I was hoping that the download was bad - looking at the crash report(s) it seems to be crashing (for the CPU) in the compiled kernels

- any idea how to force re-compilation of those? (it _did_ compile them on the first use of 980ti  and then CPU).

I'm getting this error as well.  Any fixes or ideas on this yet?  This build will be useless for me if I can't use Dforce with it. It keeps telling me the dforce kernels  have not been compiled or have changed.  Nothing has changed. It was working perfectly in the non beta version.

This is the log file.

2018-07-25 13:39:49.880 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Build program failure.
    2018-07-25 13:39:49.974 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Build program failure.
    2018-07-25 13:39:49.974 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(496): ERROR: clBuildProgram (-11)
    2018-07-25 13:39:49.974 WARNING: Source built for calcLBVHBounds. Build log:
    38:190:14: error: non-kernel function variable cannot be declared in local address space
            __local int firstIdxInGroup;

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • thomvinsonthomvinson Posts: 79

How or why did did permissions change with 4.11?  

Permissions 001.JPG
  • I've tested the denoiser and it seems that the render time doubled for a simple figure render with no background.
    it seems that the best use for the denoiser is for renders that usually take forever and never clear, setting the start iteration to something near where you want to cancel the render and cancel right after the denoiser kicks in, you need to be able to predict how many iterations you want to render your scene before hand though...
    I don't want to render something once to find out how high I need to set my start iteration, maybe an option to denoise when the render finished/candled would be more useful.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I've tested the denoiser and it seems that the render time doubled for a simple figure render with no background.
    it seems that the best use for the denoiser is for renders that usually take forever and never clear, setting the start iteration to something near where you want to cancel the render and cancel right after the denoiser kicks in, you need to be able to predict how many iterations you want to render your scene before hand though...
    I don't want to render something once to find out how high I need to set my start iteration, maybe an option to denoise when the render finished/candled would be more useful.

The denoiser actually double or quadrupled my render time too and caused noise to be introduced. I only CPU render though, maybe results are better if you have high-speed nVidia video cards.

• I have not noticed the denoiser taking extra time in any scene I have rendered with it. The only thing I have to do is let it run about double whatever I set the denoiser to start at to get the details back. So If set the denoiser to start at iteration 60 I set the full iteration count to be 180-200 allowing double the amount of 60 in this case to bring back details. So if 100 for denoiser start then I would set 300 iterations. That has worked in every scene I have thrown at it. The only part that does not ever fully recover is hair. I feel it has something to do with hair shaders or something but hair will never look quite right no matter how long i let it run. For me the denoiser has in every case cut my renders from over an hour to under 20 min.

This discussion has been closed.