Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    prixat said:
    Does anyone know why the Denoiser has seperate buttons for "denoiser available" and for "denoiser on"?

If you turn Denoiser Available on, then it'll be available in the Render window. If Off, then it isn't.

Denoiser On.jpg
    1131 x 1080 - 322K
    Denoiser Off.jpg
    1153 x 1080 - 324K
  • Do fine details that get...umm... blurred over by the denoiser ever resolve? Or are they just gone?

I've noticed a good amount of detail come back as I let it run, however hair seems to suffer the most in my scenes. I am still testing this but so far trying to test after 100/200/300 iterations with various scenes after the denoiser has applied it's 'painterly' effect on the image.

Is that the iterations rendered, or the iteratins before the de-noiser starts? If you are getting an over-smoothed result try increasing the iterations before the de-noiser starts.

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited July 2018

Do fine details that get...umm... blurred over by the denoiser ever resolve? Or are they just gone?

I've noticed a good amount of detail come back as I let it run, however hair seems to suffer the most in my scenes. I am still testing this but so far trying to test after 100/200/300 iterations with various scenes after the denoiser has applied it's 'painterly' effect on the image.

Is that the iterations rendered, or the iteratins before the de-noiser starts? If you are getting an over-smoothed result try increasing the iterations before the de-noiser starts.

The testing amounts I mentioned are how many iterations I was letting it run after the denoiser started. I had tried setting the denoiser at these settings 8/20/40/60 so far and each of those seems to have the same gaussian/painterly effect right after the de-noiser kicks in. The 100/200/300 iterations after were done on two scenes with 40 being the denoiser set to start iteration. I will try again with some simpler scenes first for faster convergence at 100 for de-noiser start.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • Do fine details that get...umm... blurred over by the denoiser ever resolve? Or are they just gone?

I think they are gone, the default value of 8 is pretty much useless. I bump it up to at least 100 or untill most details resolve  to my satisfaction,

I will check this as well. For the scenes I've tested the details show up more and more as I let it continue to run even with the denoiser starting as low as 8 iterations, with hair taking much longer to get some of the details back in. I will definately test the same scenes starting the denoiser at 100 iterations and see if that better resolves the issue.

Thanks for sharing!

• Studio94Studio94 Posts: 23
    edited July 2018

the current mac 4.11 PB version is showing as 4.11.0.171 in the "about"

but 4.11.0.136 in the application info in the finder.

... is that expected?

(uninstalled, deleted installers, re-downloaded in DIM, just to be certain).

initial tests with the flags primitive were 1 crash (980ti) 1 took 30mins to get to 10% (980ti), 1 crash (CPU 12 core Xeon).

Post edited by Studio94 on
    Studio94 said:

the current mac 4.11 PB version is showing as 4.11.0.136, is that expected?

It should be 4.11.0.171

From a cold start (just opening the Flags primitive example, and pressing 'simulate') - Bus error every time for me with CPU simulation - .. and as you can see the App version is identified as 4.11.0.136 in the crash report too - so not sure which is wrong (the About or the Finder info.).

Process:               DAZStudio [97681]
    Path:                  /Applications/DAZ 3D/*/DAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.DAZ.DAZStudio
    Version:               4.11.0.136 (4.11.0.136)  <======== HERE
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           DAZStudio [97681]
    User ID:               ?????

Date/Time:             2018-07-18 13:17:22.542 +0100
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G1510)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        1B3DDF30-8CFB-8AE5-A671-BB5B7BB19D19

Time Awake Since Boot: 610000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        37  Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos.overcommit

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000182846f60
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Bus error: 10
    Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xa
    Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x182846f60:
        OpenCL                 0000000182844000-0000000182846000 [    8K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
    --> __TEXT                 0000000182846000-0000000182847000 [    4K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  cl_kernels
        __LINKEDIT             0000000182847000-0000000182848000 [    4K] r--/rwx SM=COW  cl_kernels

What does it say when in the application you click DAZStudio - About DAZStudio?

version is showing as 4.11.0.171 in the "about"

.. so not sure which is right - that, or the version showing in the Finder/Crash reporter.

Studio94 said:

That is the right one.

• surodysurody Posts: 261

I can't see a 4.11 public build download for DAZ in DIM. I see Mimic Live and GoZ  4.11 Public Builds but that's all.

surody said:

I can't see a 4.11 public build download for DAZ in DIM. I see Mimic Live and GoZ  4.11 Public Builds but that's all.

I've just checked, it is there. Do you have DAZ Studio 4.5+, Software, Plugin, your OS, Public Build, checked in your DIM Downloads? Also, have you installed a beta before so that it shows up in your account?

Studio94 said:

That is the right one

:( that's unfortunate, I was hoping that the download was bad - looking at the crash report(s) it seems to be crashing (for the CPU) in the compiled kernels

- any idea how to force re-compilation of those? (it _did_ compile them on the first use of 980ti  and then CPU).

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

mmm too many erraticals, well, I prefer the previous version for now.

• surodysurody Posts: 261
    surody said:

I've just checked, it is there. Do you have DAZ Studio 4.5+, Software, Plugin, your OS, Public Build, checked in your DIM Downloads? Also, have you installed a beta before so that it shows up in your account?

Got it, I had to "buy" Daz Pro Beta

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,103
    edited July 2018
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:

I'm having a problem getting a new dforce kerenel module compiled.
    I get the prompt telling me I need a new, I click "ok" it compiles for about 3 seconds then I get the error message popup saying "Error initializing OpenCL"

attached is the log

What are your system specs, especially graphics?

AMD FX-8350

Radeon R9200x 2GB GPU

32GB Ram

dforce kernels compiled fine for the last beta and the release version works just fine.

edit: 

OpenCL™ Version 24.20.12019.1010

GPU driver:Driver Packaging Version 18.20.19.01-180711a-330897E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Open the Simulation Settings pane, and click on the Advanced tab. Is your card listed as the OpenCL device?

Yes my GPU and CPU both are listed. I can't get a kernel to compile for either one. When I get home from work this evening; I'll try rolling back my GPU driver package and see if it has something to do with the opencl version.
    Post edited by IceCrMn on
    Studio94 said:
    - any idea how to force re-compilation of those? (it _did_ compile them on the first use of 980ti  and then CPU).

Unfortunately it is not possible.

IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:

I get the prompt telling me I need a new, I click "ok" it compiles for about 3 seconds then I get the error message popup saying "Error initializing OpenCL"

attached is the log

AMD FX-8350

Radeon R9200x 2GB GPU

32GB Ram

dforce kernels compiled fine for the last beta and the release version works just fine.

edit: 

GPU driver:Driver Packaging Version 18.20.19.01-180711a-330897E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Open the Simulation Settings pane, and click on the Advanced tab. Is your card listed as the OpenCL device?

Yes my GPU and CPU both are listed. I can't get a kernel to compile for either one. When I get home from work this evening; I'll try rolling back my GPU driver package and see if it has something to do with the opencl version.

I tried rolling back my drivers and that didn't work either. I still can't compile a dforce kernel for either my CPU or GPU.

attached is the log of both failing to compile.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:

attached is the log

AMD FX-8350

Radeon R9200x 2GB GPU

32GB Ram

edit: 

I tried rolling back my drivers and that didn't work either. I still can't compile a dforce kernel for either my CPU or GPU.

Could you please submit a bug report so that it's in the system. Please attach the log and list your system specifications. Thanks

IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:

attached is the log

AMD FX-8350

Radeon R9200x 2GB GPU

32GB Ram

edit: 

Could you please submit a bug report so that it's in the system. Please attach the log and list your system specifications. Thanks

Request #275929 submitted with the log just now. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

Thanks so much. The LAMH catalyzer plugin seems stable now. It crashed whenever I used it before.

• Is anyone else experiencing significantly longer scene load and save times compared to 4.10? In other news resolving the mouse handling issue is a godsend.

No. In fact scenes are loading much faster for me. It might have something to do with your setup.

filed #275943 (wrong finder info) #275945 (crash, every time, with CPU simulation, flags demo), #275946 (crash, sometimes, with GPU simulation, flags demo).

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

Some testing with denoise. two left is 100 Iterations the two on the right 1000.

nodenoise.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 411K
    denoise.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 260K
    1000 Iterations nodenoise.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 319K
    1000 Iterations denoise.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 299K
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547
    edited July 2018

I've had quite a few issues with this build. Broken poses (toes twisted wrong [namely the big toe on G8F], flex quad bending errors on the thighs [both G8F and G8M - though this was slightly present in 4.10, it's much worse with 4.11], and mouse movement issues [the 'Jumping' is fixed, but rotating and panning to the Right is very broken]. Overall, not a good upgrade at all for me. I was fortunately able to System Restore back to 4.10, but from now on, I'll wait for feedback before moving on.

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • Visuimag said:

I've had quite a few issues with this build. Broken poses (toes twisted wrong [namely the big toe on G8F], flex quad bending errors on the thighs [both G8F and G8M - though this was slightly present in 4.10, it's much worse with 4.11], and mouse movement issues [the 'Jumping' is fixed, but rotating and panning to the Right is very broken]. Overall, not a good upgrade at all for me. I was fortunately able to System Restore back to 4.10, but from now on, I'll wait for feedback before moving on.

I have 4.10 installed as well as the Beta. I just selected a different location to install the Beta to and then linked the database in the settings. I have had no issue swapping between the two versions. This way you can still mess with the Beta and have your stable version without worry.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited July 2018

Some testing with denoise. two left is 100 Iterations the two on the right 1000.

This^

Daz's denoiser is really a boon to animators! Nearly the same quality for fractions of the time required for a somewhat decent looking render!

Visuimag said:

I have 4.10 installed as well as the Beta. I just selected a different location to install the Beta to and then linked the database in the settings. I have had no issue swapping between the two versions. This way you can still mess with the Beta and have your stable version without worry.

This is true, I have Studio vers 3/4/4.5/4.10/beta 4.11 all installed on my same account!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2018

Have any of the beta testers noticed any improvements with dForce? It seems to have had several version number increments but I'm not seeing much discussion. I'll probably download it today but I'm a little wary of mistakenly overwriting my 4.10 release - hoping it is just a matter of choosing a different install folder but I have no experience with beta version installations.

I have a couple of small animations to do later so I'm hoping to try out the denoiser. I'm also keen to see if the scene jumping is really fixed and, as I said, whether dForce is more tolerant of intersections and less prone to explosions. It is also confusing to see some reports of slow renders (non-denoiser) and slow loading of scenes while others indicate the opposite.

Post edited by marble on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547
    Visuimag said:

I meant 4.10 Beta. I have that and 4.8 Pro installed.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    marble said:

Have any of the beta testers noticed any improvements with dForce? It seems to have had several version number increments but I'm not seeing much discussion. I'll probably download it today but I'm a little wary of mistakenly overwriting my 4.10 release - hoping it is just a matter of choosing a different install folder but I have no experience with beta version installations.

I have a couple of small animations to do later so I'm hoping to try out the denoiser. I'm also keen to see if the scene jumping is really fixed and, as I said, whether dForce is more tolerant of intersections and less prone to explosions. It is also confusing to see some reports of slow renders (non-denoiser) and slow loading of scenes while others indicate the opposite.

Yea, love to know about the internal testing feedback as well!  

This discussion has been closed.