Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Same problem for me.

No 4.11 Public Build Beta files showing in DIM

:(

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,812

The lack of the application files is being investigated.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 545

I also had the problem with the beta not showing up in install manager and fixed it by downloading the zip file manually from my product library web page (you need to purchase the beta for free first), placing the ZIP it in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads, and then it showed up in install manager and installed fine.

• oomuoomu Posts: 175
    edited July 2018

Having a strange problem with some poses, when the shin bends right or left it distorts the thigh. Once this happens the figure becomes corrupt and has to be reloaded. I've tested these poses in 4.10 and they work as expected. So not sure what's going on. This happens to the genesis 8 male amd female. Also not all poses that have a bend on the shin cause this problem. I have a bunch of poses i created and most of them have the same problem, not sure if anyone can test, i've also included the pose.

Nick

Hello all folks

exactly same problem here.

It happens with "Fundamental poses for Stephanie 8" product.

it does not happen with "FG loft bath poses for Genesis 8 Female" product.

Post edited by oomu on
  • I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but I can't seem to save individual lights normally where they don't replace all others in the scene. Saving them as Scene Subsets works fine, but choosing "Selected lights" doesn't prevent them from clearing all others when loaded into a scene, even when drag/dropping them. Like I said, using Scene Subsets works great but I just don't remember if that's how saving lights has always been.

I think that's the usual behaviour - it controls which lights are saved to the preset, but the saved preset works like any other. You can hold down cmd/ctrl when loading the light set and it will give a dialogue in which you can choose not to replace lights; you should be able to set a preferred option and have it apply by holding down shift when loading the preset but that hasn't been working for a while (I haven't checked in this version, though).

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 545
    edited July 2018

I have some preliminary feedback for the beta after a couple of hours of playing around.

On the plus side, 4.11 seems to fix three things that I found less than pleasant about Daz Studio, namely:

• The jerky mouse behavior does seem to be fixed. Yay!
    • The "preparing scene" phase before IRay starts rendering seems to be much shorter. I tested with a fairly busy scene here with both 4.10 and 4.11 beta, and the time between selecting "NVIDIA Iray" for the viewport and seeing the first pixels rendered shortened from about 60 seconds to about 20 seconds for that scene. The CPU load during that time also went up from 12% to 80-90% here, which means that the "preparing scene" code seems to finally make good use of my multiple CPU cores. That's a big plus for me, since this speeds up switching between texure shading and Iray in the viewport a lot.
    • In general, the viewport seems to be snappier in Iray mode. I haven't felt much of a difference in "texture shaded" mode though.

Also, I haven't seen a single crash with 4.11 beta yet. That's great for beta code!

On the not-so-good side, I can confirm what @nothingmore said that loading a scene has become two to three times slower. Not sure what's going on there. The progress dialog looks different now, it seems to try to do several things at once instead of sequentially as in 4.10, but it's definitely slower.

Then I tested a few other things and found no differences:

• dForce compiled OK and seems to work more or less like before, I tested a couple of clothes and saw no difference, either in speed or simulation result. I haven't tested some of the clothes that used to explode on me in the past since I didn't take note when that happened.
    • Iray render times seem to be about the same (after the speedup during the "preparing scene" phase).
    • Clearing a scene when loading a new one or selecting "File" -> "New" is still very slow. :-)

TL;DR: I really like the snappier viewport in Iray mode, and the faster "preparing scene" phase, and very much the jerky mouse fix. So, I might use Iray in the viewport more often now!

If the slooooow scene loading could be fixed though, that would be much appreciated!

Post edited by ManFriday on

There was an issue with the server, the application files should now be available in DIM.

As a temporarily work around for the time being, leave Limits On for poses if needed.

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 144
    edited July 2018

I managed to install.

I just tossed a character with some fitting on it, and... my first impression on Titan V: Post denoiser generates ascii art! :S

A couple passes seems ok then it immediately turns into ascii art (don't worry, no light problem or etc...)

I also notice that this process is extremely slow for the resolution I give.

Edit: Second picture is the same scene without denoiser. I feel like this also took *too much time* for this card. (Only titan v selected, photoreal)

Celie Titan First.png
    1358 x 1920 - 595K
    Celie Titan First without denoiser.png
    1358 x 1920 - 2M
    Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139

Is there any other info on this Denoiser thing?

Thanks Doc, the files have showed up in DIM.  Downloading now... 

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited July 2018

I have noticed that the denoiser seems to have some issues with rendering to canvas. When I have canvases setup it will change the look of hair and skin and have black dots that shift around (they will disappear and move about while calculating it seems with canvases on but the issue with the hair seems to not change and if you end the render the dots will be in final image). Without using canvases the denoiser seems to have no such issue. I have tried the renders both at the default start at 8 iterations and also 20 to make sure that it was indeed once the denoiser kicks in that it happens. I have also tried a few different scenes. I am still messing with this to see if I can find out more and will post some images soon to properly illustrate. Was just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue yet.

Here is WITH canvases ON right before the 20 iteration mark where the denoiser will pickup (grainy like this with or without canvases before denoiser):

Canvas Right Before Denoise

Here is right after the denoiser kicks on WITH canvases ON (Notice black squares on the nose, these will disappear on this image after about 40 more iterations but on some other scenes they don't seem to disappear but keep moving around. Also the hair is not as much of a change in this picture likely because it is so dark but you can see the skin texture looks different than the one below with no canvas enabled):

Canvas On Right After Denoiser Starts

Here is NO canvas after denoiser kicks in (Notice skin texture is very smooth compared to one above and no black dots):

No Canvas Denoiser Kicked In

Here is another scene with this one being canvases ON and right after denoiser kicks in (also let this run for almost 400 iterations but it stayed looking very close to this with the black dots):

Canvas Denoiser Black Dots

Here is canvases set to OFF with denoiser just kicked in (let this run over 150 iterations and kept getting better):

Canvas Off Denoiser

LaraDenoiserBeforeBlackDots.JPG
    965 x 864 - 114K
    LaraDenoiserBlackDots.JPG
    1499 x 730 - 55K
    LaraNoCanvasesNoBlackDots.JPG
    1076 x 832 - 53K
    CanvasesRoomDenoiseBlackDots.JPG
    1923 x 1099 - 313K
    NoCanvasRoomNoBlackDots.JPG
    1924 x 1093 - 233K
    Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • I managed to install.

I just tossed a character with some fitting on it, and... my first impression on Titan V: Post denoiser generates ascii art! :S

A couple passes seems ok then it immediately turns into ascii art (don't worry, no light problem or etc...)

Edit: Second picture is the same scene without denoiser. I feel like this also took *too much time* for this card. (Only titan v selected, photoreal)

Not sure what you are seeing, but in geenral the image does need to be somewhat converged - howmush depends on how much fine detail there is. One of the first things I tried was the PC Deco Interior set with the heaters, and I had to set the denoiser threshold fairly high to stop it from decising the grille was noise and blurring it out.

• nickalamannickalaman Posts: 196
    oomu said:

Having a strange problem with some poses, when the shin bends right or left it distorts the thigh. Once this happens the figure becomes corrupt and has to be reloaded. I've tested these poses in 4.10 and they work as expected. So not sure what's going on. This happens to the genesis 8 male amd female. Also not all poses that have a bend on the shin cause this problem. I have a bunch of poses i created and most of them have the same problem, not sure if anyone can test, i've also included the pose.

Nick

Hello all folks

exactly same problem here.

It happens with "Fundamental poses for Stephanie 8" product.

it does not happen with "FG loft bath poses for Genesis 8 Female" product.

This problem has something to do with felxions, if you turn them off it works. It looks like some poses have weird numbers for the shin, values, if you set it to 0 it will work,

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Denoiser definetly does not like something about canvases. The difference seems staggering with the denoiser...I could almost say I can render in a fraction of the time with it (I need to compare some renders), but... without canvases this is a non-starter.

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited July 2018

Denoiser definetly does not like something about canvases. The difference seems staggering with the denoiser...I could almost say I can render in a fraction of the time with it (I need to compare some renders), but... without canvases this is a non-starter.

Yeah, it renders so fast but with canvases on it definately seems to be an issue. I primarily use canvases as well so hopefully the root cause is able to be easily identified and resolved by release.

Wow...I've gone back and tested several scenes now without canvases and denoiser on and my goodness they render so freaking fast. Scenes that took over an hour to render are looking excellent once denoiser sets in, again without canvases, in under 5minutes in most cases. If this gets working with canvases I will be very happy. If not I will use this build for non-canvas work and the other version for canvases.

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
    edited July 2018

I managed to install.

Not sure what you are seeing, but in geenral the image does need to be somewhat converged - howmush depends on how much fine detail there is. One of the first things I tried was the PC Deco Interior set with the heaters, and I had to set the denoiser threshold fairly high to stop it from decising the grille was noise and blurring it out.

Here is what I mean; This is a result of immediate switch during rendering. In all scenes, crowded or not, this grills are the result. Shape of the grills and the colors can vary, but it is always like this. Am I doing something wrong ?(I tried to increase iterations before it kicks in, doesn't matter)

Denoiser disable.png
    999 x 1114 - 2M
    Denoiser enable.png
    996 x 1119 - 772K
  • I managed to install.

Here is what I mean; This is a result of immediate switch during rendering. In all scenes, crowded or not, this grills are the result. Shape of the grills and the colors can vary, but it is always like this. Am I doing something wrong ?(I tried to increase iterations before it kicks in, doesn't matter)

What GPU are you using?

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,103
    edited July 2018
    IceCrMn said:

I'm having a problem getting a new dforce kerenel module compiled.
    I get the prompt telling me I need a new, I click "ok" it compiles for about 3 seconds then I get the error message popup saying "Error initializing OpenCL"

attached is the log

What are your system specs, especially graphics?

AMD FX-8350

Radeon R9200x 2GB GPU

32GB Ram

dforce kernels compiled fine for the last beta and the release version works just fine.

edit: 

OpenCL™ Version 24.20.12019.1010

GPU driver:Driver Packaging Version 18.20.19.01-180711a-330897E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Post edited by IceCrMn on
    edited July 2018

I managed to install.

What GPU are you using?

Nvidia Titan V 12GB, latest driver.

When I look at the logs, there is nothing wrong also. It says:

2018-07-17 23:45:54.143 Iray INFO - module:category(POST:RENDER):   1.0   POST   rend info : Postprocessing denoiser is enabled
    2018-07-17 23:45:54.145 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Updating geometry.
    2018-07-17 23:45:54.171 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Using OptiX Prime ray tracing (5.0.1).
    2018-07-17 23:45:54.173 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Importing scene graph.
    2018-07-17 23:45:54.173 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Importing geometry for motion time 0
    2018-07-17 23:45:54.433 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Geometry import (1 object with 1153k triangles, 1 instance yielding 1153k triangles) took 0.260785
    2018-07-17 23:45:54.433 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Updating materials.

That's it. No errors, nothing. Whenever it kicks in, this is the result. Tried various settings and combinations (from default to heavily modified, always the same.) Tried with optix off also... No change.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Do fine details that get...umm... blurred over by the denoiser ever resolve? Or are they just gone?

edited July 2018

Do fine details that get...umm... blurred over by the denoiser ever resolve? Or are they just gone?

It suddenly becomes like a grill as in the pictures (as soon as it kicks in). No progression or whatsoever. It continues to converge tough and finishes behind the scenes. The result picture is either shady or in grills. If I turn the denoiser OFF in realtime (while rendering), picture appears again and it continues to converge...

• Do fine details that get...umm... blurred over by the denoiser ever resolve? Or are they just gone?

I've noticed a good amount of detail come back as I let it run, however hair seems to suffer the most in my scenes. I am still testing this but so far trying to test after 100/200/300 iterations with various scenes after the denoiser has applied it's 'painterly' effect on the image.

• Ive noticed that this Beta version seems to be holding onto memory like a couple of current release versions ago did, causing me to have to close Daz to release the memory as simply clearing the scene does not do this.

IceCrMn said:
    IceCrMn said:

I'm having a problem getting a new dforce kerenel module compiled.
    I get the prompt telling me I need a new, I click "ok" it compiles for about 3 seconds then I get the error message popup saying "Error initializing OpenCL"

attached is the log

What are your system specs, especially graphics?

AMD FX-8350

Radeon R9200x 2GB GPU

32GB Ram

dforce kernels compiled fine for the last beta and the release version works just fine.

edit: 

OpenCL™ Version 24.20.12019.1010

GPU driver:Driver Packaging Version 18.20.19.01-180711a-330897E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Open the Simulation Settings pane, and click on the Advanced tab. Is your card listed as the OpenCL device?

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547
    edited July 2018

Nick

I had that issue in 4.10 as well. Are you using the Bend Fixing (Zev0) Poses?

Also, I have a slight issue with Mouse turning. Rotating Left is fine, but roatating Right feels, at times, considerably slower. Like it's being held back or 'strained'. I may be the only one to experience this, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Edit: Yeah, moving the mouse to the Right (rotate and up/down) is bugged. In both Iray Preview and Texture Modes. It's mainly noticeable when I try to move in that direction in fast motions.

Post edited by Visuimag on
    Visuimag said:

Nick

Also, I have a slight issue with Mouse turning. Rotating Left is fine, but roatating Right feels, at times, considerably slower. Like it's being held back or 'strained'. I may be the only one to experience this, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

No, this problem is due to bad data, it's trying to flex the thigh muscle with a value of -1000 or something close to that. 4.10 corrected the value for flex, 4.11 does not or has a bug and introduces the bad data.

I've noticed a good amount of detail come back as I let it run, however hair seems to suffer the most in my scenes. I am still testing this but so far trying to test after 100/200/300 iterations with various scenes after the denoiser has applied it's 'painterly' effect on the image.

I think they are gone, the default value of 8 is pretty much useless. I bump it up to at least 100 or untill most details resolve  to my satisfaction,

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited July 2018

Rendering a full, heavy scene with StoneMason's pond file with a chromatic aberration cam, specular rendering, and all the pixel filters enabled, it's at 1674 iterations 37% going on 17 minutes @ 1440x1440p And my GPU does not slow my system down in spite of it running at 90-100% @ 53-55c!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 547
    edited July 2018
    Visuimag said:

Nick

No, this problem is due to bad data, it's trying to flex the thigh muscle with a value of -1000 or something close to that. 4.10 corrected the value for flex, 4.11 does not or has a bug and introduces the bad data.

I had that same issue in 4.10, so it was not corrected. Now as to what the cause is, I don't know, but it persisted before 4.11.

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • prixatprixat Posts: 1,585

Getting some wonderful results with the Denoiser and volumetric lighting! Good for architectural scenes too, but I noticed lost detail on some clothing textures.

Does anyone know why the Denoiser has seperate buttons for "denoiser available" and for "denoiser on"?

This discussion has been closed.