• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2018

A little bit of fairy.

TOTTI DEVA3D.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited June 2018

A bit of a foray into the world of tunes.

CVUTESY POSES GIRL 8.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 509K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

Beautiful work, Sonja! :)

I love them both, but the Girl 8 one has such awesome lighting - and I like that it's almost monochromatic. A very classy image! 

The fairy is very cool too though! :) Great job on these! 

Thanks Diva!  The lighting is the Boss Pro lights, they are really great for portraits.  It took awhile to get the look I wanted with Girl 8, I really wanted a vintage kind of feel to it but I also wanted her skin tones to come through.  Not as easy as I thought it was going to be lol.

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Liking the new pictures, your stuff always looks so good smiley

Got to agree on the Boss Pro light set you used, it's the same way I get decent portrait lights, even without knowing what I'm really doing with it laugh

Noswen said:

Got to agree on the Boss Pro light set you used, it's the same way I get decent portrait lights, even without knowing what I'm really doing with it laugh

Thank you!  I think that's the beauty of it, you don't really HAVE to know what you are doing to get good results lol.   One of the reasons I love my massive set of lighting products.  I know how to do it but I don't have the time or desire to set up my own lights all the time.  Much easier to use a preset and tweak as needed.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643
    Noswen said:

Thank you!  I think that's the beauty of it, you don't really HAVE to know what you are doing to get good results lol.   One of the reasons I love my massive set of lighting products.  I know how to do it but I don't have the time or desire to set up my own lights all the time.  Much easier to use a preset and tweak as needed.

I so agree with you on the lighting presets, I do not always have the time to set everything up myself the way I want them. 

My Gbabies keep me pretty busy these days, so I do have the time to mess around with lighting all the time laugh

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Love your fairy and Girl 8 renders.  Both characters (as posed and rendered) have 'tude, which makes em awesome.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    edited June 2018

Thanks Diva!  The lighting is the Boss Pro lights, they are really great for portraits.  It took awhile to get the look I wanted with Girl 8, I really wanted a vintage kind of feel to it but I also wanted her skin tones to come through.  Not as easy as I thought it was going to be lol.

It does look vintage. It's kind of dark and moody too - which is cool and unique for a toon type image. It has a little bit of a Noir feel to it. She almost looks like a Femme Fatal. I can see this type of image on a book cover with maybe just the tiniest hint of a smoking gun behind her back. heheh 

A very cool image. Nicely done, my friend! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

It does look vintage. It's kind of dark and moody too - which is cool and unique for a toon type image. It has a little bit of a Noir feel to it. She almost looks like a Femme Fatal. I can see this type of image on a book cover with maybe just the tiniest hint of a smoking gun behind her back. heheh 

A very cool image. Nicely done, my friend! 

Thank you!  She is now going into my possible book covers folder so thank you!

Love your fairy and Girl 8 renders.  Both characters (as posed and rendered) have 'tude, which makes em awesome.

Thank you!  I'm trying to work on facial expressions lol. Glad to see its working lol

Noswen said:

I so agree with you on the lighting presets, I do not always have the time to set everything up myself the way I want them. 

My Gbabies keep me pretty busy these days, so I do have the time to mess around with lighting all the time laugh

I bet they do! 

edited June 2018

I'm going to copy and paste from the album as its too long to type out.  Let me just say, if you are into creatures, you will love these.  Creech has been out since last year I believe but this render included Creech, the Seasectoid, saddle and bridle, and poses.  This was super fun to work with and I will be using both creatures in my world building project

Details A highly detailed concept for an aquatic or amphibious insectoid, dragonesque mount with bonus head tentacles and saddlery, as well as creature poses and rider poses for Genesis 8 Male and Genesis 8 Female figures. Seasectoid is an original concept exploring a more modern, aggressive and imaginative take on ideas of the “seahorse”; as a kind of mythological steed, then building that idea into a form as fitting for high fantasy as it could be for a variety of science fiction or even horror scenarios.

This creature kit features an expert crafted topology and uv's allowing for amazing levels of detail in both the creature's sculpt and textures, rigging as detailed as the creature itself for maximum posability, poses for out of the box usefulness, an innovative setup for the highly detailed yet fully optional head tentacles, and uniquely designed saddle to compliment the creature's design and offer an infinite number of options for the creature as a mount.

In that same thought, also included are bonus poses for the Genesis 8 Male and Genesis 8 Female figures, allowing virtually any of your G8 based characters or creatures to take their place as the rider, with only modest adjustments needed in the more extreme cases. https://www.daz3d.com/seasectoid-creature Details Creech Evolution, high resolution, HD creature morph character set for Genesis 3 Female.

What's Included and Features Creech Evolution for Genesis 3 Female: (.DUF) Creech Evolution Full Creech Evolution Character Creech Evolution Additive Creech Evolution Fins Creech Evolution Apply/Remove Creech Evolution Body Apply/Remove Creech Evolution Feet Apply/Remove Creech Evolution Hands Apply/Remove Material Options: Creech Evolution Fins Green Creech Evolution Fins Neutral Creech Evolution Green Creech Evolution Neutral Creech Evolution Calves Fins Hide Creech Evolution Calves Fins Show Creech Evolution Finger Membranes Hide Creech Evolution Finger Membranes Show Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Lower Hide Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Lower Show Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Mid Lower Hide Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Mid Lower Show Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Mid Upper Hide Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Mid Upper Show Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Upper Hide Creech Evolution Lateral Fins Upper Show Creech Evolution Spine Fin Hide Creech Evolution Spine Fin Show Creech Evolution Toes Membranes Hide Creech Evolution Toes Membranes Show Textures Include: 33 Texture, Displacement, Normal, and Specular Maps (2048 x 2048 to 4096 x 4096) This product uses the Genesis 3 Female Base Female UV Maps Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF) https://www.daz3d.com/creech-evolution-for-genesis-3-female

Creech and Seesectoid.jpg
    960 x 960 - 202K
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,157

I love what you've done with the lighting @IceDragonArt ... coming out of the shadows and into the light. It sort of gives it an even more scary element to the characters!  I haven't seen these creature models before, which isn't surprising given just how many models are now available.

The renders of the Fairy and The Girl are beautiful smiley

I love what you've done with the lighting @IceDragonArt ... coming out of the shadows and into the light. It sort of gives it an even more scary element to the characters!  I haven't seen these creature models before, which isn't surprising given just how many models are now available.

The renders of the Fairy and The Girl are beautiful smiley

Thank you! 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

I like the subdued lighting on the face and body of the fairy. Very nicely done! 

Creech and Seasectoid are a good combination together.  Love the action- a very imposing team. 

Thanks Novica! I do love fairies.  Maybe, if I ever get a free moment, I will render a series of fairies using all of the fiaires and wings props I have.  Anohter project to add to the when I have time list lol.

Creech is one of my favorite creature character. and the sea sectoid has a saddle and bridle that go with it and there a poses for for g8 as well. (both generations.).  The seasectoid is coming soon, its not out quite yet.  I have done a couple other renders of Creech, I will have to dig them out and repost them later today.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

The sesectoid is awesome, but I'll pass on it for now, because it's not likely that I'll use it any time soon.

Love seeing you use it :D

mori_mann said:

The sesectoid is awesome, but I'll pass on it for now, because it's not likely that I'll use it any time soon.

Love seeing you use it :D

Its not out yet but soon.  Its quite versatile, its actually intended to be a water creature.  But he wouldn't listen and insisted that he belonged on land as well lol.

edited July 2018

I wanted to add the lightning in Studio.  I think it worked pretty well but I still had to boost the light in post work because no matter what I did, to get it bright enough it washed everything out and was just a white blur.  Anyway, I'm happy enough with it for now but will probably continue to experiment when I have time.

MAGAIDH MAGGIE.jpg
    593 x 960 - 47K
    edited July 2018

This is the Axoran Demonic Armor Regalia by Bad Kitteh Co.  The attention to detail in this is really amazing.  It fits G8M obviously but it also has special fits added to fit the new demon by Josh Crocket.

AXORAN DEMONIC ARMOUR.jpg
    960 x 951 - 137K
    edited July 2018

The new Demon HD by Josh Crocket.  Wow, he is really cool!  And he has three different skin colors.  Seriously, a great character.

DEMON HD JOSH CROCKET.jpg
    593 x 960 - 117K

Wow @IceDragonArt I love your Demon work! Gorgeous and totally inspiring. The colours and the lighting are perfect. The first one is stunning too. Her pose and the emotion in her face suggest a strength that is added to by the lightening.

You’ve made me that I really should be more adventurous with my own artwork.

edited July 2018

Wow @IceDragonArt I love your Demon work! Gorgeous and totally inspiring. The colours and the lighting are perfect. The first one is stunning too. Her pose and the emotion in her face suggest a strength that is added to by the lightening.

You’ve made me that I really should be more adventurous with my own artwork.

@MollyTabby . Thank you!  Honestly, I struggle (sometimes a lot) with really pushing myself to just try it.  I think the fear of failure tends to hold me back a bit.  I'm trying to remind myself that A. If it doesn't work I can start over. B.  If I work in layers, I can always go back without destroying everything.  C. Sometimes, if its just not working, I need to step back and maybe check out some You Tube videos so I can figure out how to do what I want to do without chucking the whole thing out the window.  D.  If its still not working, its okay to walk away from it even if I have spent 10 hours on it lol. E. It doesn't have to be perfect. (this is a big one for me lol)  Sometimes, good enough, is really good enough, especially if my ambitions outstrip my ability at this time.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,997

Loving these new additions.  A you know, I am partial to toons, so I'm very happy to see your awesome foray into our world.  Very clean, very classy, very stylish.  And great job on the extra details in  "Little Bit of Fairy."  The world feels very lived in.  Will have to check out the fantasy demons.  Josh is always excellent.

Thank you @Diomede!  I think its good to do something out of our comfort zone every now and again.  And toons are definitely out of my comfort zone lol.  An yes, Josh's work is always very good with a ton of details.  And I do love my monsters lol.

edited July 2018

Twilight Fairies

This is Jefferson AF's Iray Plants and Rocks.  Nice veratile set of plants and rocks with a couple premade vignettes included.

The little dragons are Squee.  He is old but I think he is still pretty darn cute!  And he tranlates to Iray very well!

Working a bit on darker scenes, I was aiming for that time of day when dsuk is almost over and the darker shadows in the undergrowth and low places make things almost invisible.

Iray Plants and Rocks.jpg
    738 x 960 - 175K

So, this is kind of off topic, but it is still a glimpse into my world lol.

Today my husband Greg and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary, and I just wanted to put some thoughts down.  I don't really keep a diary and I am not that into sharing everything on facebook. 

I'm a bit weirded out by the sheer number of years, if you start counting from the day we met its been 33 years.  I have no idea where the time has gone.  I am amazed and humbled that my husband still looks at me with that look in his eye and that he is still willing to put up with all my stuff.  He has never once complained about my hobbies, how much money I have spent, and has loved me fat or thin and everyhwere in between,  I've never doubted his faithfulness, his integrity, his work ethic or his love for me.  And, he lets me sing along in the car with the music real loud (if you knew how badly I sing, this alone elevates him to almost sainthood lol.). I am so grateful that we are still healthy, and active, and able to be out and about doing whatever we want to be doing, although I will admit that the recovery time is a bit longer than it used to be!

It hasn't always been easy, and its been a ton of work.  Some epic fights and some truly grand make ups lol.  But through it all there has been an understanding that we are in it together.  I am so grateful for this man and his committment to me.  I am looking forward to another 30 years.

I have an extra 10 years on you (how did that happen! ... we married young compared to trends today) and I feel exactly the same about my hubbie smiley 

I love you what you’ve written, it’s beautiful. 

I have an extra 10 years on you (how did that happen! ... we married young compared to trends today) and I feel exactly the same about my hubbie smiley 

I love you what you’ve written, it’s beautiful. 

Thank you!  And congrats to you as well, I hope you have another 40 years!

That would take me to almost 100, lol. 

SaveSave

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,025

On July 12th we will be 45 years married. I have known her for 60+ years and we dated the first time when we were 14 but that didn't last long and went our separate ways,  until we were twenty and we met up again and went from there :)