Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

@IceDragonArt, she is gorgeous. I love what you've done with the expression, the posing and particularly the lighting.

I'm really taken with the V4 characters, particuarly so due to your beautiful renders, and I'm now starting to collect them when they pop up in the PC+ offers. The one I got yesterday, Bastienne, has a huge range of make-up options and two sets of floral tattoos. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

@IceDragonArt, she is gorgeous. I love what you've done with the expression, the posing and particularly the lighting.

I'm really taken with the V4 characters, particuarly so due to your beautiful renders, and I'm now starting to collect them when they pop up in the PC+ offers. The one I got yesterday, Bastienne, has a huge range of make-up options and two sets of floral tattoos. 

I picked her up too lol!  Can'twait to see what you do with her!

I'm putting her though a whole pain of explosive clothing while I'm trying to learn how to do dForce on the skirt, lol. This could take days!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I would like to say I noticed a super, huge leap in your skill and expressiveness and artistic eye.

You were always good and then 1 week (it felt like 1 week, lol, not lol) you seem to go to a new level of awesomeness. wink

And what's even better is that you have always been modest and sure to give an encouraging word and supportive comment.

You really did make a difference to a lot of people. So it's nice that the Lords-Of-Rendering have blessed your hands and tools.

Congrats and give us more. lol

I'm putting her though a whole pain of explosive clothing while I'm trying to learn how to do dForce on the skirt, lol. This could take days!

Poor girl lol!  I sadly will not havea huge amount of time this weekend, my niece's graduation party is this weekend.  The last of my sister's and I's kids is now officially a grown up.  I can't believe it! 

I would like to say I noticed a super, huge leap in your skill and expressiveness and artistic eye.

You were always good and then 1 week (it felt like 1 week, lol, not lol) you seem to go to a new level of awesomeness. wink

And what's even better is that you have always been modest and sure to give an encouraging word and supportive comment.

You really did make a difference to a lot of people. So it's nice that the Lords-Of-Rendering have blessed your hands and tools.

Congrats and give us more. lol

You totally made my day, thank you! 

As far as the leap goes, I think it was a combination of finally understanding enouhg in Daz Studio to not always be fighting to figure out how to do something, adding photoshop back into my work flow and then adding a deadline and having to render every single day for promo work that kind of pushed me over the edge so to speak. I'm really excited to keep learning this program and seeing just how far I can take it.  I have so many images in my head that have been fighting to get out for years.  Its nice to be able to finally do them justice somewhat.  Still lots to learn but I'm certainly enjoying the journey!

edited June 2018

Nozomi for V4

NOZOMI.jpg
    2000 x 3236 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Wow! What a beautiful image @IceDragonArt!

Wow! What a beautiful image @IceDragonArt!

Thank you! She is a lovely model to work with and I relaly like giesha make up options.

edited June 2018

This was done with one of my favorite sets.  Lakeside Folly.  I use it alot, the water is stunning and it has lots of interesting places to put a character.  Best viewed at full size

RONIKA.jpg
    2000 x 3236 - 5M

Again, beautiful @IceDragonArtsmiley 

That set looks amazing. I popped into the shop and the PA has a number of really interesting products.

That set looks amazing. I popped into the shop and the PA has a number of really interesting products.

They do have a lot of nice stuff. I realized as I was going through some of my files just how often I've used it.  Honestly it has one of the best waters that come with sets that I've found so far.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

They do have a lot of nice stuff. I realized as I was going through some of my files just how often I've used it.  Honestly it has one of the best waters that come with sets that I've found so far.

I fully agree with you on that - I use the HDRI and water plane in so many renders, with various other buildings/boats/etc too.

Congrats on making it to a second thread too - you have been productive! My most recent favourite was the Masquerade Masks one - it's stunning!

@MelanieL thank you!  Its one my favorites as well!

Having a deadline has certainly improved my workflow anyway lol. 

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Another V4 Character- Lourdes - One of the things I love about V4 is the sheer diversity of make up that comes with characters.  I have noticed a trend recently for G8 towards a lot more exotic make ups and morphs (I'm defintately a fan!) but V4 has been around a long time and the sheer number of characters is astonishing.  Lourdes is a new character though.  I do still struggle with V4 hair though!

Stunning!  Congrats on starting thread two.

Thank you!

edited June 2018

Promo for Jepes Cinematic 4.  I have to admit to being a bit of an addict for Jepe's stuff.  I own a rather large amount of his specieal effects stuff, and being able to do promos for the newest sets (the whole Cinematic line has 5 sets to this point) has been a real pleasure.  They come with a wide range of props you can mix and match, with several textures AND poses for G8 and M8.  Great to build a whole set or just to use one or two pieces.   (ya, I know I sound like a commercial but I really do love his stuff) I'm sure I've mentioned this before lol.

So the first one is the official render which I am quite happy with, but as I was playing around with the light tables and filters I saved this one (the second one) just because I thought it was a lot of fun.  It felt a lot like a James Bond movie for both of them (I've always adored the opening and closing scenes they put together for those movies)

JEPES CINEMATIC 4 SS.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    JEPES CINEMATIC 4 psychadelic.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Lourdes is sexy/beautiful, very colorful to, love it.  Promo image is very cool, like the illusion, great job on both.  

AJ2112 said:

Lourdes is sexy/beautiful, very colorful to, love it.  Promo image is very cool, like the illusion, great job on both.  

Thank you!

edited June 2018

Enaela by vyktohria & hotlilme74.  My favorite type of character, I love her skin color and she has a ton of tattoo and make up options. She does come without the patchwork flowers as well. 

enaela.jpg
    600 x 960 - 131K
    edited June 2018

Elkie for V4 by OziChick & Hotlilme74.  I actually did the background based on her pose, the pose just felt like she was looking or watching for someone, which reminded me of the women waiting and watching for their men at sea... yes my mind can work in very convoluted ways lol. This is the Pharaohs of the sun dress with the Tennia materials if I remember correctly.

ELKIE V4.jpg
    1875 x 1500 - 885K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Enaela is very nicely done. I love the effects. Oh, and congrats on your Mergirl making the gallery banner! Awesome!

Thanks!  I still find it crazy lol. Just .. unreal

edited June 2018

For all of you G3M users here is a set of poses by Ilona.  I was going for a moody look, not sure I pulled it off lol.

Raw Poses For G3M by Ilona.jpg
    960 x 960 - 202K
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Moody he is, indeed. :-)

Great images!

Thank you!  Sometimes I look at stuff for too long and it no longer makes any sense lol.

You definately pulled off 'moody'! It's a lovely render, with a very romantic feel, if you know what I mean?

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

It does like you interrupted some very urgent and important brooding there :D

You definately pulled off 'moody'! It's a lovely render, with a very romantic feel, if you know what I mean?

Yes, and that's what I was hoping for so I am glad I managed it lol.

mori_mann said:

It does like you interrupted some very urgent and important brooding there :D

Right, Heaven forbid he doesn't get to brood long enough. 

edited June 2018

This was a recent promo for Show Your Heart Expressions For G3F.  Also by Ilona. 

Show Your Heart Expressions.jpg
    593 x 960 - 109K
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Nozomi for V4

I like this one.   The lighing effect works really well.