Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Small but important change I would like to see in the next 'version' or major update.

It would make navigation SO MUCH easier.

When you select an object 'X"

When your current camera is physically close to said object, zoom in and out should be

about as fast either way that it is currently.

As you get farther away from said object, the zoom speed (both in and out) should speed up.

The farther away, the faster.

WHY? well there is always a 'why'.

Sometimes when you select an object and tell the camera to focus on it,

it puts the camera close..or....a very long distant away.

With the modification that speeds up zooming when far away, this no longer

is an issue, if the camera ends up in Timbucktoo, no probs, easy to zoom back.

Fix that, and I am good....mostly

Kinda wish my objects did not randomly reparent themselves when I click them...but I can live with that. lol

Make sure you are looking towards the origin when you frame the selected item seems to be a work around.

• UkuotusUkuotus Posts: 22
    edited May 2018

Few days ago I tried to render and noticed that Daz isn't working properly. Everything opened blank. Default Genesis scene isn't loading at all but then everything under title bar and menu is grey.
    There's an example of part of the screen how one of the scenes made last month shows up.

Currently trying to reinstall and see if that fixes it. That is if I can get it downloaded. Download has been failing for 5th time by so far. ( it really has been 5 times by now, going persistly for 6th )

I could blame antivirus for it but there's nothing blocking daz. ( Checked, doublechecked and triplechecked it. )

Quick edit: Reinstalling fixed viewport to show up grey.

2018-05-22_22h45_46.png
    1082 x 362 - 13K
    2018-05-31_23h37_24.png
    1918 x 1038 - 125K
    Post edited by Ukuotus on
  • tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
    edited June 2018

[profanity removed] 4,10 [profanity removed]. Dforce is weak, the viewport is broken. [profanity removed] guys, you just broke a program that was working perfectly fine.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • [profanity removed] 4,10 [profanity removed]. Dforce is weak, the viewport is broken. [profanity removed] guys, you just broke a program that was working perfectly fine.

How is the viewport broken? It is OK for most users. If you are having trouble with the viewport and techncial issues with dForce (I'm not sure what "weak" means) it may indicate a GPU driver issue.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811

Just wondering, has anyone else found that .123 is wildlymore light-sensitive for Iray renders than .110 was? I only installed it this past week, when I realized that I'd skipped it by accident.

Ever since I installed it, though, all light sources have been incredibly intense on render (but not in the workspace). I had an HDR in a scene that I rendered previously with an intensity value of 1.0, and I had to take it down to 0.1 to make it stop blowing everyone out.

It's not just HDRs, either; I'm having the same issue with spotlights and point lights and mesh lights. All the values I used before are at least 50% too high now -- and in the case of HDRs, way more than that.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    vwrangler said:
    It's not just HDRs, either; I'm having the same issue with spotlights and point lights and mesh lights. All the values I used before are at least 50% too high now -- and in the case of HDRs, way more than that.

If it's all lights doing that, have you looked at the Tone Mapping settings? The default values ought to be:

Exposure Value 13.0
    Shutter Speed 128
    F/Stop 8
    Film ISO 100

edited June 2018
    vwrangler said:

If it's all lights doing that, have you looked at the Tone Mapping settings? The default values ought to be:

Exposure Value 13.0
    Shutter Speed 128
    F/Stop 8
    Film ISO 100

Yep. Everything in Tone Mapping is at its default setting. I have a three-point lighting setup with default tone mapping that's been rock solid since early 4.9, and suddenly everything in that basic setup is incredibly overlit. I took me ages to figure what was going on -- well, not that I have, exactly -- because I haven't changed anything. It wasn't until I was trying to render a different scene, something I'd worked on a couple months ago in which I hadn't changed any lights in terms of position or settings, that I realized that Studio itself seems to be the issue.

I mean, this is something that can sort of be worked around -- although I sincerely hope I don't need to set many HDRs as low as 0.1 or lower -- but I don't understand why it's happening. At this point, I may wind up reinstalling .110 to see if I can make it stop.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

viewport is broken for every user even if they don't notice or complain about it because their graphics cards disguise the problem with an overabundance of cuda cores for tasks that should be done on CPU

• viewport is broken for every user even if they don't notice or complain about it because their graphics cards disguise the problem with an overabundance of cuda cores for tasks that should be done on CPU

Again, broken how?

• JQPJQP Posts: 510
    edited June 2018

Older versions allowed me to select multiple conforming figures (hair, clothing) in the scene tab and fit them all to a single figure via the parameters tab if "consolidate properties" was checked. 4.10.0.107 doesn't allow this, so I have to select each conforming figure and fit it individually.

Has the old behavior been restored in the latest version? I can't help but think that the new behavior is inferior...

Would also be nice to know that the "now sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 5 minutes if you dared to parent or unparent G3F/G3M/G8F/G8M from or to a group" bug has been fixed, but I'm not holding my breath, given how persistent this and related bugs have been for months and years.

Post edited by JQP on
  • JQP said:

Older versions allowed me to select multiple conforming figures (hair, clothing) in the scene tab and fit them all to a single figure via the parameters tab if "consolidate properties" was checked. 4.10.0.107 doesn't allow this, so I have to select each conforming figure and fit it individually.

Has the old behavior been restored in the latest version? I can't help but think that the new behavior is inferior...

Would also be nice to know that the "now sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 5 minutes if you dared to parent or unparent G3F/G3M/G8F/G8M from or to a group" bug has been fixed, but I'm not holding my breath, given how persistent this and related bugs have been for months and years.

Check that Display Separate Items (I think, not sure on the last word) is not checked too.

Well, I'll be. That fixed it Richard, thanks!

Want to give me the TL;DR version of what "display deparate items" does? It's not all that self-explanatory (If I'd even noticed it, I would've assumed it does what unchecking "consolidate properties" does).

• It gives you a separate entry for each selected node in the list on the left of the pane, so you can adjust them separately while having all the nodes selected (cutting down on selection switching when adjusting a group of bones).

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

viewport is broken for every user even if they don't notice or complain about it because their graphics cards disguise the problem with an overabundance of cuda cores for tasks that should be done on CPU

Again, broken how?

The processing of events in event loop is too slow for the amount of work expected to be done for those events in the viewport and even for cases when the viewport doesn't have something like Harpwood Trail or three of four figures loaded with fibre mesh hair & the subD cranked up on everything.

edited July 2018

I also have to announce that DS lockup (blue wheel o' doom) parenting to and from groups seems much reduced in the current version. It's around a minute for G8F now, which seems substantially faster. Still hilariously slow, but much more tolerable.

Post edited by JQP on

It gives you a separate entry for each selected node in the list on the left of the pane, so you can adjust them separately while having all the nodes selected (cutting down on selection switching when adjusting a group of bones).

Ah, thx.

• edited July 2018

Something I really would like to know is this: why does the scene look totally funky-colored since the W10 spring update? I would have assumed that by now, something would have been done. All altered shaders in the scene have turned blue or pink. More often than not, even hair will have an odd tint which will even change when you change your camera angle. After making some inquiries, others than me have noticed about it and confirmed they also see the same thing as I do. My version of DS is unchanged from before the windows update and my PC was reinstalled clean not once, but *twice* from scratch, just to make sure.

An example: Secluded Island

Andrey himself has confirmed to me that many shaders react that nway, now.

What really is annoying when this happens, is that you have no idea what some textures will look like unless you launch an actual render.

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,889

Something I really would like to know is this: why does the scene look totally funky-colored since the W10 spring update? I would have assumed that by now, something would have been done. All altered shaders in the scene have turned blue or pink. More often than not, even hair will have an odd tint which will even change when you change your camera angle. After making some inquiries, others than me have noticed about it and confirmed they also see the same thing as I do. My version of DS is unchanged from before the windows update and my PC was reinstalled clean not once, but *twice* from scratch, just to make sure.

An example: Secluded Island

Andrey himself has confirmed to me that many shaders react that nway, now.

What really is annoying when this happens, is that you have no idea what some textures will look like unless you launch an actual render.

In Edit - Preferences - Interface, what is your setting for Display Optimization? Change it to Best if not and see if that helps.

• It's on "Best" already :) Also, something worth noting: this phenomenon doesn't occur with all shaders. In that very same Secluded Island scene, if you click on the Coconut Palm Trees, they will be affected and turn blue, while the Sabal Palmetto trees remain unaffected.

• Small but important change I would like to see in the next 'version' or major update.

It would make navigation SO MUCH easier.

When you select an object 'X"

When your current camera is physically close to said object, zoom in and out should be

about as fast either way that it is currently.

As you get farther away from said object, the zoom speed (both in and out) should speed up.

The farther away, the faster.

Right click and zoom should give you the speed boost when you want it.

edited August 2018

A couple of questions: how often does Studio need to connect to the Daz servers if you're not using Smart Content? Does it need to connect at all?

After the massive dump of corrupted metadata a week or so ago, I don't want to let Studio connect to get metadata updates until and unless Daz does a correction and refresh of the entire catalog (which would be a misery at their end, I realize, but I now have over 800 items which likely have metadata errors induced by them). I now have several items that are somehow convinced that they have missing components, and would I like to update them with Daz Connect? (No, I most certainly would NOT.) The items still work, but I can't figure out any way to make them remember that they were installed with DIM and Connect had nothing to do with anything. Except metadata updates, of course.

I don't suppose there's any way to tell what items have received metadata updates via Connect?

I still have the zip files for all of the affected items. Is there a way to reinstall items as I run into them so that Studio can figure it all out?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

A couple of questions: how often does Studio need to connect to the Daz servers if you're not using Smart Content? Does it need to connect at all?

No, it doesn't need to connect a all - though you will get a pop-up at each launch telling you it needs to authenticate.

• Isn't there newer version of DAZ Studio since 4.10.0.123? This version was released back in December of 2017. And I do know about the latest Beta version that is 4.11, although that is not what I'm asking about.

• Isn't there newer version of DAZ Studio since 4.10.0.123? This version was released back in December of 2017. And I do know about the latest Beta version that is 4.11, although that is not what I'm asking about.

No, 4.10.0.123 is the current General release.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    edited September 2018

Please help, I've lost my GoZ bridge with DS4.10.0.123 I can't even set a path.

Clipboard01.jpg
    1021 x 994 - 114K
    Clipboard02.jpg
    1379 x 838 - 175K
    Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • There can be only one version of GoZ for DS installed at any time - if the release version is still installed the beta version won't be, and vice versa.

• Thx for quick answer. Does that mean, as long as the beta and the release version are both installed, GoZ can't be used in neither Ds version?

• No, it should work in one - just not in multiple versions.

• Nope, uninstalled the DS beta, reinstalled GoZ, set the DS path in zbrush and restarted my PC. There seem to be no way to get the GoZ bridge back.

• Which version of ZBrush?