Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

the Mother goose dress and collar crashes Carrara even converted to blended weight

Edie seems to work OK on Misty's preset

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    th3Digit said:

the Mother goose dress and collar crashes Carrara even converted to blended weight

wuh oh.

if it was in the pro bundle, think i have it. 

oh yeah,   that was why i wanted a walk cycle for noggin's goose.

Mistara said:
    th3Digit said:

wuh oh.

I had to autofit it to G2F save as support asset then refit that back to get it to finally work
    the collar too

th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:
    th3Digit said:

wuh oh.

I had to autofit it to G2F save as support asset then refit that back to get it to finally work
    the collar too

kewl!!  was wanting to use that outfit.

thinking about using the gargoyle instead of the goose

hydra in today's high fantasy sale/  hope converts well.  couldnt resist this cutie

heart

broken heartbroken heartthe bryce shadow cottage looks cute too

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

After complimenting TA for his new Deco set, I was going to ask him where he got the trumpet prop in the scene.

Then I saw it here.

The product says HD.  Does that mean it won't work in Carrara?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

if anything doesn't work it would be the moving parts.. other than that it should load ok and you can work around the movements manually I reckon.

let us know when you get it devil

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

other than she doesn't want to miss anything....

not that I know of ... I don't think it works before M++ is applied as well... 

changing the parameters doesn't do anything either. Also Girl 4 has same problem.. M4 doesn't wink

convert to blended should wok, but ERCs are iffy.

says heirarcle poses, those prolly gice error messages

heirarcle poses on minotaur and his weapons dont work

she needs the other one added the expressions one, you can also use M4 morphs on her 

and no that didn't work, I have solved this but forgot how

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited June 2018

hmm works here v4 close eyes  unless I add a few morphs to change her head shape

Untitled-1.jpg
    1002 x 1357 - 313K
    Post edited by Headwax on
    Selina said:

Is there a definitive answer as to why V4.2 can't close her eyes when the Morph++ pack is installed ?

I have no clue what everyone is talking about.  V4.2 eyes open and close perfectly both before and after morphs++ is installed.

Stezza said:

if anything doesn't work it would be the moving parts.. other than that it should load ok and you can work around the movements manually I reckon.

let us know when you get it devil

Thanks Stezza.  I don't need it yet, but that artist is making some amazing detailed instruments, and I know I'll have to try one sooner or later.

yeah not working for me, I had this happen before and it is not just Carrara it is a V4 issue and probably need to uninstall reinstall her

head wax said:

hmm works here v4 close eyes  unless I add a few morphs to change her head shape

Maybe I have the extraordinary 4.2?  Mine works fine (eyes open-close) no matter how many head morphs I add.  Surprised I have never heard of this issue before.

as I thought she is broken in Poser too

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 219K
    edited June 2018

OK fixed, manually redownloaded the Victoria 4.2 base zip and replaced

don't use DIM, it does not work

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2021

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 550
    edited June 2018

After complimenting TA for his new Deco set, I was going to ask him where he got the trumpet prop in the scene.

Then I saw it here.

Hi!

HD in the name is a bit misleading. It's just I named my line of instruments that way. Carrara-wise there aren't any complicated morphs etc, valves are moved by simple bones.

-protozoon-

Post edited by Protozoon on
    Selina said:

..Thanks Wendy, the closing of eyes works...

..but any of the multi-control sliders don't - ie to close the eyes I have to move each eye separately the one to do both at the same time doesn't nor do any of the other multi-sliders like the one to change the features to Afraid or Angry - I have to find each feature and do it myself. Any more brilliant ideas, please yes

Selina

well the single slider for closing both eyes is what I first tested and it worked 

I have not tried loading morphs++ yet

will troubleshhoot more after work but at this point since Morphs++ also has eye close deltas, I suspect they might be faulty and corrupt the base ones, it may too be DIM installed as opposed to manual merge

I will test all senarios unless someone else does it sooner, DS users would not pick this up since powerloader circumvents the bat initialisation Poser users probably manually install mostly.

edited March 2021

Protozoon said:

Then I saw it here.

Hi!

HD in the name is a bit misleading. It's just I named my line of instruments that way. Carrara-wise there aren't any complicated morphs etc, valves are moved by simple bones.

-protozoon-

Hey Protozoon, thanks for jumping in!  I appreciate the feedback.  Your instruments look amazing.  Hope you are very successful.

• MerKhrysMerKhrys Posts: 89

Hi,

It's about an item called "Leather Body for Genesis 2 Female(s)" made by OutOfTouch (not purchased here, sorry).

It's not that it doesn't work. In fact all works as it's supposed to.

The problem is that when I edit it and try to use soft selection, it gives the result you can see in the attached picture, which makes soft selection totally useless.

It does the same (or worse) whatever polygon, edge or vertice I select. I tried to export as an obj and reimport, to copy the mesh into another vertex object, no change.

Does someone know how to correct this, a workaround ?

G2FLeatherBody soft selection pb.jpg
    1166 x 1135 - 428K

hi, mebbe the topology has to be set to unprotected?  

not sure tho

hows the new buppies workin out?

• MerKhrysMerKhrys Posts: 89
    Mistara said:

hi, mebbe the topology has to be set to unprotected?  

not sure tho

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have unprotected the topology.

I also tried to export as obj with just the mesh and reimport it to get rid of anything but the mesh, but the pb is still here ...

it looks like those other vertices are welded to some of the ones you select

the only way you could move parts of it is using magnets or rigging, or reweld the whole thing which could destroy the UV mapping.