Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,667
    edited December 1969

I have been trying to add julie morph all day. Every time I get to the step of using morph loader, it tells me "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph."

Don't know how though, since I used mesh from G2 to make the morph object :(
    Geometry should match, it is the same mesh reshaped.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hmmm, running into some issues. On partial body fixes, since the default body shape is set at the Female Gene-02 shape, then when I apply Bruno (which came over just fine) but if I apply one of my body fixes the default Gene-01 body shape then kicks in and well things look really really bad. So looks like pure full on body shapes will work but no face shapes will work much less any of my body fixes since they have the default Gene-01 built into the morph information. Not sure what to do at this point! :-(

Can you explain your structure and about how Bruno, what is default shape for it? I don't think I have that morph.
    Pictures would be nice too )
    edited December 1969

TheKD said:
    I have been trying to add julie morph all day. Every time I get to the step of using morph loader, it tells me "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph."

Don't know how though, since I used mesh from G2 to make the morph object :(
    Geometry should match, it is the same mesh reshaped.

This is usually means that when you exported something as obj initially (before importing it back as a morph) you either had it on High Resolution and non-Zero subdivision or you exported some additional mesh along with it visible on scene.
    edited June 2013

Oh damn it....... trying again. I imported the shape mesh object alone, and now I see there is two meshes there. Durrrrrrrrrr......
    don't how that happened.

Post edited by TheKD on
    edited December 1969

TheKD said:
    Oh damn it....... trying again. I imported the shape mesh object alone, and now I see there is two meshes there. Durrrrrrrrrr......
    don't how that happened.

It usually means you didn't make something invisible or did but didn't have "Ignore Invisible Nodes" checked in Export options.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited June 2013

On the export issue folks are having. I found that using Kattey's creating a morph template using her Post 7 and then Post 8 tutorials. Then I simply saved that as a Scene file and it totally saved all the morph info into the file. Cleared the entire scene making sure just to load up that ONE figure I created using her tutorials. Make sure there are NO other figures included in that scene file. Dial up each morph you want to keep and export it. I use the Cinema 4D export since I use ZBrush allot and that's compatible with ZBrush so I now have all these saved morph obj's exported and can use them again for Gene-02 for other things I might do with it.

I ran into the same issues. I think it's a bug in DAZ 4.6 as this was not happening in 4.5 iirc. But if you have Gene-02 in the scene and the "template" to export your morphs from it's reading both files even if you have them turned off and non selected. My files are now what they are supposed to be: 2.81mb's each. It was doubled before that.

Kattey, I just tried the other tutorial from Ben and I'm not running to the issues I was having previously but I'm still getting the finger curls though when the hands are in a fist or closed so I'll need to keep reading to get that straightened out.

Bruno for Genesis is not released as of yet that's why you don't have the shapes!

HandMessinFist.jpg
    645 x 804 - 80K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited June 2013

ran into the same issues. I think it’s a bug in DAZ 4.6 as this was not happening in 4.5 iirc.
    Is there a way to have DS 4.5 installed alongside DS 4.6 on the same computer?

Kattey, I just tried the other tutorial from Ben and I’m not running to the issues I was having previously but I’m still getting the finger curls though when the hands are in a fist or closed so I’ll need to keep reading to get that straightened out.

It requires Bone Adjustment -> ERC freeze. When you load you morph into G2F dial it and only it 100%. Zero pose. Make bones visible to see how it affects the rigging. Go Edit -> Figure -> Rigging -> Adjust Rigging to Fit the Shape (or something like that). If your fingers are curled as in default Genesis, you have to have Adjust Orientation selected, if they are more or less just higher or lower from default G2F position you don't. After it the rigging should be adjustable with morph. If you see that fingers adjusted wrong, try the opposite with without/with adjust rotation option.

For ERC Freeze, open Property Editor, find your morph, select it and right-click on tab header, you should see the option of ERC Freeze. Click on it. Figure and Node are your G2F (I presume you are transferring to it), control property should be your morph. Don't select Restore Figure Option, everything else should be ok. After that test your morph - it should follow the slider. Save it as Morph Asset.
    I don't know if your morphs are drastically different from default shapes, maybe automatic fitting of bones won't be enough -_-

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff, I tried ben98120000's tutorial and I think when you do direct G2F-to-Genesis or otherwise morph transfer some morphs with similar names are messed up. I did some G2F to Genesis transfer directly and Genesis retained its old morph in case when new morph had the same name.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Kattey, you keep finding more ways to get things to happen, love that you found a way to get the autofit to work better on genesis one. Will try that in a few days maybe. Right now so happy using V4 stuff again :)

@ ben98120000, thank you for sharing your method as well, very fast and worked for me.

edited June 2013

Found that the Julie and Justin have issues. Justins eyes crack and look awful and Julies boobs are not pretty at all. All the female morphs suffer with this actually. Even though I'm aiming at more of my own morphs this includes mine since I've done 7 female body shapes. They end up with a ledge under the boobs and the areola and nipple morphs are a total joke.

It's OK but thought I'd share my experiences so far. Bruno and his various body shapes came over fine so I'm happy. MOST of the body fixes too but my 4 toe and 3 finger morphs are a mess.

DAZ Gorilla morph came over mostly good but his ears are kinda messed up. Most of the DAZ male shapes look great, even the Freak 3-5 all came over just fine.

Mostly it's female body morphs, mostly around the breasts.

Here's Justin. Looks like something from a horror movie! lol

Justin.jpg
    837 x 900 - 86K
  • Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Swawa3D, if you transfer any head/body morphs or V6 back to Genesis can you tell me how it worked for you? I'm curious in this respect.

I'll be sure to post my results if I try anything but to be honest I was just really glad this was possible in case I need it for something specific in the future. Currently I have not seen any Genesis 2 products I want and I'm not sure I feel a need to work with the Genesis 2 figure anytime soon if at all. I still love what your doing here.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431
    edited December 1969

If you're using Ben's quick transfer technique, I've found it works MUCH better if, instead of using G2F's "default" shape, you instead use the Genesis morph.

edited June 2013

Ok here is my result. Not perfect at all, but will do until she actually gets some teen morphs I guess. I had to scale down hieght, that is all I did besides load the julie morph. Get some odd thigh distortion in certain poses.

doublejulie.jpg
    400 x 400 - 24K
    juliepose1.jpg
    400 x 400 - 27K
    juliesitlow.jpg
    400 x 400 - 39K
    juliesit.jpg
    400 x 400 - 43K
    Post edited by TheKD on
    edited December 1969

I did the quick ben98120000 method a few times. Once with default shape and then using the genesis morph. While it kinda works the Eyes are off, breasts and crotch. For a partial body morph it's possible there will be no issue, but in these particular areas it doesn't work quite right.

I just started katteys method and hopefully will be more accurate when complete. not quite done yet...

edited December 1969

I now almost firmly believe that there is some difference in DS 4.5 and DS 4.6 in regards of bone adjustment/ERC Freeze so DS 4.5 tutorials might not work entirely in DS 4.6
    I'll try to confirm or reject it as soon as possible but install and reinstall of DS 4.5/4.6 isn't an easy thing -_-

edited December 1969

RAMWolff, TheKD, did you use Ben's tutorial or mine? Because I'm not getting that sort of Julie -_-

edited December 1969

I used yours, well mostly yours. I couldn't get the genesis 1 morph to show up at all in genesis2 after editing it with notepad++, so I ended up having to use androgynous morph instead, which is pretty close when compared side by side.

edited December 1969

TheKD said:
    I used yours, well mostly yours. I couldn't get the genesis 1 morph to show up at all in genesis2 after editing it with notepad++,

Sorry to hear that -_-
    If only I knew where it is in your file that isn't working -_-
    edited June 2013

I transfered my shape ok but I have the hand posing issue. It's because I just unhide genesis and used that instead of making a copy. And i skipped the hand fixing part at first.

Now that I see this can work I want to do it properly, make the copy and work from that to not mess up my clone genesis. however when i make a copy I can not see it in DS. I have tried a few times, made sure not to mess up the formatting of the file and i still can not see my genesisOriginal as I have named it. I have of course shut down daz and such to make sure thats not it.

Any ideas. [edit] I see that I may have to figure this out alone, based on what what TheKD said.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited June 2013

duplicate post

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

If you're using Ben's quick transfer technique, I've found it works MUCH better if, instead of using G2F's "default" shape, you instead use the Genesis morph.

Thank you for info, I edited tutorial post.

RAMWolff, your breast morphs and nipple morphs work better with morph genesis as target item shape.

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    G2F with original Genesis shape (and fingers).

Requires some meddling with text editor. It should be a sort of plain text editor that allows easy formatting of big files and doesn't add any junk from itself, so I think Notepad should be ok (I personally used small text editor called Bred3).

Again, any testing/questions/comments/new ideas are welcome.

Kattey,

thank you for the tutorial, but it's not working for me. I just can't find the morphs at all. What could a person be doing wrong if the newly created morphs aren't appearing?

edited December 1969

I transfered my shape ok but I have the hand posing issue. It's because I just unhide genesis and used that instead of making a copy. And i skipped the hand fixing part at first.

Now that I see this can work I want to do it properly, make the copy and work from that to not mess up my clone genesis. however when i make a copy I can not see it in DS. I have tried a few times, made sure not to mess up the formatting of the file and i still can not see my genesisOriginal as I have named it. I have of course shut down daz and such to make sure thats not it.

Any ideas. [edit] I see that I may have to figure this out alone, based on what what TheKD said.

Did you change Line 31 from “visible” : false,
    to
    “visible” : true,

?

edited June 2013

I decided to tinker with the ids and such a bit more to see if that would help. I think it does, however right now I hit a duplicate id error, but finally genesis original is showing up. So once I get rid of the duplicate id error, I think I will be ok. I changed all the stuff that said CloneGenesis to GenesisOriginal. making some progress

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Did you change Line 31 from “visible” : false,
    to
    “visible” : true,

?

yes of course.

edited June 2013

I got it! SO i originally changed all the id's and names in the DSF, but at the bottom of the file, line 21611 I had originally named the id GenesisOriginal, just like I did at the top of the file. This caused a duplicate ID error. So I looked at the unedited DSF file and noticed Daz gave it the ID CloneGenesis-1. So i have copied that logic and gave mine the ID of GenesisOriginal-1. I no longer get duplicate id's anymore, and i can see both the genesis morphs in the parameters (one is hidden and one is my new copy)

Simply put. If your copied clone does not show up, change the ID's and names throughout the file to say something other than CloneGenesis, maybe change it to GenesisOriginal. But on line 21611 give it the id of GenesisOriginal-1

edited December 1969

I got it! SO i changed all the id's and names in the DSF, but at the bottom of the file, line 21611 I had originally named the id GenesisOriginal, just like at the top of the file. But i noticed in the unedited file they called it CloneGenesis-1. So i have named that line GenesisOriginal-1. No duplicate id's anymore, and i can see both the genesis morphs in the parameters (one is hidden)

Simply put. If your copied clone does not show up, change the ID's and names throughout the file to say something other than CloneGenesis, maybe change it to GenesisOriginal. But on line 21611 give it the id of GenesisOriginal-1

Wonderful! I'll add it to my tutorial if it is ok with you :)
    edited June 2013

of course you can, glad I could contribute in any way. I edited a few times for clarity.

edited December 1969

of course you can, glad I could contribute in any way. I edited a few times for clarity.

Thank you, I've added it as a quote :)
    edited June 2013

Thank you for info, I edited tutorial post.

RAMWolff, your breast morphs and nipple morphs work better with morph genesis as target item shape.

Just back from dinner and a concert in the park ......

So not understanding what you mean Ben. "....morphs work better with morph genesis......"

Do you mean, default Gene-02 with the boobs? The hidden morph that makes Gene-02 look like original Gene-01?? or The Androgynous morph that sorta looks like the default original Gene-01 shape???

@ Kattey, I made use of Ben's tutorial. When I tried yours I found that it created an issue with the partial body and face morphs which made it not so good. I thought I had explained that in a previous post. I did make good use of your first tutorial to unhide the hidden Genesis shape and create the template figure OBJ to store the morphs in, which I saved as a scene.duf file so all of them are safely saved out and I won't have to redo that part again.