Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Sometimes it's just about needing to take a break and then know what to do....

TADA!

This is the default Genesis morph that Kattey dug up for us combined with the hands and feet morph of the Gene-02 Female. Did this in ZBrush using the Morph Brush to simply restore the default hand and feet positions and sizes. I tested this out on my other test figure and sure enough Bruno morph right on up and looks great. The hands and feet are feminine but there are LOTS of hand and feet morphs to fix that.

This won't fix the issues with breasts and other issues but at least this isn't an issue for me any more. Wondering if I can share this though? It's not original but it is saved as a .dsf file and it will only work on Gene-02 but yea, I doubt it..... Wondering if someone in the know can let me know. If it's cool I will upload it. If it's not at least those that have ZBrush or a way to morph things can fix theirs up.

Gene01Morph-Gen02HandsFeet.jpg
    1387 x 907 - 138K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited June 2013

RAMWolff said:

So not understanding what you mean Ben. "....morphs work better with morph genesis......"

When you use the transfer utility make sure that your genesis 2 figure is shaped like genesis 1. However this didn't improve my problems at all sadly. Bens method is very fast and gets you all your morphs quickly, however nipples, eyes and the crotch were deformed for me regardless.

May not matter for all characters, but for toons the eye deformation is going to be a problem. For women, the nipples will be an issue.

Kattey's method is a lot slower, not only is it one by one, but also the initial transfer of morphs to the OBJ is a lot slower for some reason. However, it works much better. To fix the hands I followed the steps in the tutorial she linked. Now that I have a functional Genesis 1 morph that has the fingers posed properly (or I should say the bones are posed to match the mesh) I can focus on moving characters over as needed.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Kattey, thank you for figuring out all this stuff and sharing with us.
    Bless you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

Thank you Katey for starting this and Ben
    it works great and so easy,
    (I used Ben's quick method, will try Katey's method more as it is a closer fit but first few tries failed, my thick brain must be missing something)
    I too can only use female shape but can add all my Genesis, GenX and facegen morphs to her at least
    not sure how to zero her out to male
    still trying to catch up on the forum posts, so many!!
    all so new and shiney

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited June 2013

RAMWolff, I honestly don't know where you problem might be -_-
    I'm currently trying to move rigging and weightmaps from G2F to Genesis, and while it works well on almost everything, including all morphs, by some reason I can't adjust fingers afterwards, bone adjustment and ERC freeze simply don't work or they don't save or the figure become distorted if I move it along X axis (?).

wendycats, which step gives you troubles?

BlackFeather1973, happy to be of help :)

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Dunno, just does nothing, still an obj import no morphs or rigging

edited December 1969

Dunno, just does nothing, still an obj import no morphs or rigging

Which tutorial is that?
    edited December 1969

your very first post,
    My brain was exploding after that, not your fault, I am just a bit confused at best of times
    more reading would overflow my tiny brain

edited June 2013

your very first post,
    My brain was exploding after that, not your fault, I am just a bit confused at best of times
    more reading would overflow my tiny brain

If you need any help feel free to ask

Meanwhile...

One of those figures is Genesis, one is G2F
    Full morphs (including G2F Evolution I bought just to test stuff a bit) and improved rigging from G2F are transferred to Genesis while Genesis retained all its previous morphs, autofits and UVs of Genesis. Some morphs still having that ERC problem I've mentioned above but I'm figuring it out.
    I still don't see why rigging/morphing improvements couldn't been done to unisex mesh/initial Genesis and with it I don't need to use G2F at all.

New bodybuilder details + bodybuilder tone on Genesis, transferred from G2F, same on G2F, same shader on both

GuessWho.jpg
    1078 x 928 - 157K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

So not understanding what you mean Ben. "....morphs work better with morph genesis......"

Do you mean, default Gene-02 with the boobs? The hidden morph that makes Gene-02 look like original Gene-01?? or The Androgynous morph that sorta looks like the default original Gene-01 shape???

Im talking aboat transfer utility and target item shape options when you transfer all morphs from G1 to G2F and free RamWorks morphs. If you select Morph Genesis as target item shape instead of default as target item shape, you will get different things as far as quality goes for some morphs from RamWorks.

Picture 1. (G2F after transfer with transfer utility with diferent target items shape options selected) from left to right:

- G1 + RAM-FemaleBody-01 morph,
    - G2F + Default target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-01 morph
    - G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-01 morph
    - G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-01 morph + genesis clone for G2F dialed to 100%

Picture 2. from left to right:

- G1 + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph,
    - G2F + Default target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph
    - G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph
    - G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph + genesis clone for G2F dialed to 100%

2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 113K
    1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 110K
    edited December 1969

Speaking of buying stuff, now I hit a bit of dilemma. I'm pretty sure I can transfer all G2F stuff to Genesis, except maybe V6 UVs I don't have. But this means supporting G2F figure and the gender-segregated future I dislike.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Do you mean, default Gene-02 with the boobs? The hidden morph that makes Gene-02 look like original Gene-01?? or The Androgynous morph that sorta looks like the default original Gene-01 shape???

Im talking aboat transfer utility and target item shape options when you transfer all morphs from G1 to G2F and free RamWorks morphs. If you select Morph Genesis as target item shape instead of default as target item shape, you will get different things as far as quality goes for some morphs from RamWorks.

Picture 1. (G2F after transfer with transfer utility with diferent target items shape options selected) from left to right:

- G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-01 morph + genesis clone for G2F dialed to 100%

- G2F + Default target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph
    - G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph
    - G2F + Morph Genesis target item shape + RAM-FemaleBody-02 morph + RAM-Nipples-Out-01 morph + genesis clone for G2F dialed to 100%

thanks for clarifying, will try again.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

mm,, I think user often forget to apply clone shape after transfer morphs by transfer utility,
    or set joint correctly again?

most MCM or JCM seems no need to transfer from Gen
    or It can not be useful with new controll rig of gen2 I think,,

so that simply transfer character morph and some PBMs which really need to make the character.
    after that adjust rig,,, and set ERC, I do not tweak scale, it is last setting.

Can you find which is gen2 or gen1 Andrea?

CloneAndrea.jpg
    800 x 1066 - 454K
    edited June 2013

I don't see myself using G2F anymore (once I figure out why bones don't adjust) or need to transfer Genesis morphs to it limited UVs. The only benefit it had - better rigging and toes, - are transferable back to Genesis, new morphs are transferable back to Genesis and rerigged Genesis figure can use G2F autofits with all previous figures and figure UVs, like Michael 4 and Michael 3 (if you have Iconics)
    Original Genesis shown an right and left respectively, other two figures are G2F and rerigged Genesis.

GuessWho_3.jpg
    1078 x 581 - 120K
    GuessWho_2.jpg
    1078 x 628 - 129K
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I don't see myself using G2F anymore (once I figure out why bones don't adjust) or need to transfer Genesis morphs to it limited UVs. The only benefit it had - better rigging and toes, - are transferable back to Genesis, new morphs are transferable back to Genesis and rerigged Genesis figure can use G2F autofits with all previous figures and figure UVs, like Michael 4 and Michael 3 (if you have Iconics)
    Original Genesis shown an right and left respectively, other two figures are G2F and rerigged Genesis.

Really? Now that is interesting. I wasn't considering doing that, but maybe after a few more days and I get some sleep I can figure out how to do that too. What you have discovered is almost dangerous.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Really?
    I believe it is fully possible.
    I posted some pictures above - figures with same shader are G2F and rerigged Genesis.
    I'm stuck on BoneAdjustment/ERC freeze issue for now, but aside of reFreezing some of G2F morphs like LegsLength (which I already have in Genesis), it is mostly working and all old morphs are working with their ERC intact. From what I see joints bend in the way G2F bends, weights are working and toes have their bones, so G2F poses work without adjustment.
    There is small issue with autofitting of pants but I think it is solvable too.

edited June 2013

OK i tried the new steps that ben98120000/Murgatroyd mentioned. It seems to not work for me. The rigging is off. The shape comes over lovely, however when posed, especially extreme poses you see deforming in the face, bust and legs. I'd post an example but it would look obscene even in grayscale.

I tried adjusting rigging to shape (since that was needed) but that didn't help.

After you transfer the morphs over and dial them in, what steps are you taking ben98120000 and Murgatroyd?

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Kattey, can you get the same facial expressions supported by G2F?

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Kattey, can you get the same facial expressions supported by G2F?

Expressions that are morphs you can get just like other morphs. Transfer Utility doesn't transfer ERC and pose controls (which a lot of G2F expressions have) but I think it is still possible to re-import those expressions as morphs unless I or somebody else figure out how to do it properly. There should be a way.
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Ah, so dial up my female morph on Genesis 01 and select Morph under it in the Source?? If not I'm lost. Sorry. This is all getting to be too much. How about you post your Transfer Utility screen grab. That would be more helpful than the images for me.

Here is what I'm perceiving you mean.....

TransferUtilitySettings-Bens_Tutorial.jpg
    498 x 589 - 68K
    edited December 1969

OK i tried the new steps that ben98120000/Murgatroyd mentioned. It seems to not work for me. The rigging is off. The shape comes over lovely, however when posed, especially extreme poses you see deforming in the face, bust and legs. I'd post an example but it would look obscene even in grayscale.

I tried adjusting rigging to shape (since that was needed) but that didn't help.

After you transfer the morphs over and dial them in, what steps are you taking ben98120000 and Murgatroyd?

Yeah, didnt work for me too. But thing that seems (I dont have extreme figures morphs, so didnt check on them) to fix it is, you can transfer morphs, than save that G2F as support asset - figure/prop assets, than load that saved one and morph it. Or you can transfer morphs, than morph G2F and if you like shape you can save that G2F one as support asset - figure/prop assets and load that one again. That seems to prevent body parts deforming when you pose figure. And I used morph genesis as target item shape.

RAMWolff:

3.jpg
    493 x 628 - 125K
    2.jpg
    282 x 281 - 53K
    1.jpg
    493 x 628 - 127K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2013

edit)) yes,, ben yourway seems perfect same with me ^^;
    but I usually simply use clone shape, when use transfer utility.
    =========================================
    Ramwoulf,,
    the setting is not good for me.

I must apply first clone genesis on gen2F.
    then keep same shape.

as Source = Genesis default (because you made morph for default genesis )
    as Target = gen2Female + Clone genesis.

there is simple rule ,,I think,, Souce and Target need same or most nearest shape when transfer morphs.
    so that transfer steps work well using near vertices.

As target Gen2Female,
    you need to select Clone then select clone genesis (there is only two choice I think, gen or vic4)

then transfer morph of Gen1 to Genesis2Female

So that every morph of Gen1 correclty transfer to
    Genesis2Female which applied gen1 clone.

now you apply your morph for gen1,, if you hope to make same shape,
    you need to apply same morph and Clone Gen with Gen2 female.(which should be aplied already)

After taht,, I may make copy of Genesis clone and save as morph.(genclone)
    to set ERC with the morph (genclone)
    So that,,, when I apply transfered morph, it can auto apply the genesis clone at same time.

genesis + yourmorph = Gen2F + genesis clone + yourmorh

but it is may way,,, so if you use another option,, you need to adjust about each case.
    I simply choose one way, to transfer morphs between different figure.
    =========================================

transfer3.JPG
    1033 x 607 - 113K
    transfer2.JPG
    701 x 620 - 78K
    transfer1.JPG
    848 x 616 - 76K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the screen shots of the Transfer Utility Ben and kitakoredaz

edited December 1969

Quick question before I proceed.

I used the Straighten Hands morph on Genesis 01 to make it match up as closely as possible with Genesis 02. Don't do that or do that and should be fine?

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Stupid question, how do you make the bones be invisible after using joint editor?

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Stupid question, how do you make the bones be invisible after using joint editor?

Switch from Join Editor to any other tool or even figure selector.

You can also use Display option "Show Bones" although the default opacity on them may be zero.

edited December 1969

Worked great. I think between kitakoredaz, Ben and Kattey the perfect transfer tutorial was born. The Clone option worked perfectly. Breasts look great, nipple morphs work as expected and the hand bones are all aligned nicely.

Hmmm, I take that back.. The Kneeling Pose 10.duf returns odd and way off effects on the female morphs. I found that the Jumping morphs had the breasts going in weird directions. So I will have to play with this all when I get home from work. No more time to play this AM.

Thanks.... getting closer and closer to something that's going to work I think.

KneelingMorph.jpg
    742 x 681 - 76K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Quick question before I proceed.

I used the Straighten Hands morph on Genesis 01 to make it match up as closely as possible with Genesis 02. Don't do that or do that and should be fine?

I think all morphs will be at 0 after you transfer them, but dunno if it haves any effect during transfer. Finger shapes seemed ok to me without doing anything prior the tranfer.
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thank you, and thank you for the tutorials they'll come in handy

Kattey said:
    dkgoose said:

Switch from Join Editor to any other tool or even figure selector.

You can also use Display option "Show Bones" although the default opacity on them may be zero.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Worked great. I think between kitakoredaz, Ben and Kattey the perfect transfer tutorial was born. The Clone option worked perfectly. Breasts look great, nipple morphs work as expected and the hand bones are all aligned nicely.

Hmmm, I take that back.. The Kneeling Pose 10.duf returns odd and way off effects on the female morphs. I found that the Jumping morphs had the breasts going in weird directions. So I will have to play with this all when I get home from work. No more time to play this AM.

Thanks.... getting closer and closer to something that's going to work I think.

Yeah, try saving G2F with transfered morps as support asset-prop/figure and reload that one.