Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)

Comments

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Excellent tutorials Kattey, thanks!

Here's Genesis1 'Basic Child' on Genesis2 produced by following your method - I also created a new control morph to scale it and add in the 'original genesis' morph created from the genesis clone and it works a treat :-)

I autofit the '17 Chic' Genesis clothes and used one of the Genesis 'Eastern Beauty Pop!' poses with a bit of tweaking.

Genesis2_Basic_Child.jpg
    800 x 800 - 176K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited June 2013

Oh wow, glad it worked for you so well, czexana! :)
    Is that DS 4.5 or DS 4.6 or Poser, if I may ask?

Post edited by Kattey on
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited June 2017

Transfer all genesis 1 morphs (basicaly all morphs from genesis 1 shaping tab) to Genesis 2

1. Load Genesis 1
    2. Load Genesis 2 Female
    3. Start transfer utility ( I start it from scene tab, active pane options - Assets - Transfer Utility, Pic 2)

4. Transfer utility settings:

Source Scene Item: Genesis
    Target Scene Item: Genesis 2 Female
    Source Item shape: Default
    Target Item shape: Morph Genesis
    Projection Template: none

Expanded Show options:

Activate Use Near Vertices and dial it to max, 1000%
    Leave Smart Filtering active
    General Options: leave only Morph targets active (deselect the rest), click on (select) Morph Targets and in Extended Option field activate Source Morphs and deactivate Projection Template Morphs

Post Transfer Options:

Deselect Fit to Source Figure
    Activate Content Type: Actor

5. Click Accept

After transfer is finished morphs will be in parameter tab / Actor and you can remove G1 from scene.

At this point there is couple of thing you can do like shaping, posing to see how things work etc. You can save the transfered morphs with File - Save As - Support Asset - Morph Asset(s)...However, as it turns out posing in many cases causes deformations. Saving G2F to which you transfered morphs as Support Assets - Figure/Prop assets and reloading that saved one fixes that.

Saving G2F as Support Asset - Figure/Prop Assets will save all morphs to the base data folder. Which for us means couple of options to consider.

So, saving G2F to which you transfered morps:

1. Select G2F in scene tab
    2. Go to File - Save As - Support Asset - Figure/Prop Assets
    3. Pick a name (eg. Genesis2X) and where you want it to save your character preset file

Figure/Prop Assets Save Options (Pic.3):

Base Data Folder

DAZ Studio will create folders and subfolders in Data folder of your My Library with names based on what you enter in Vendor, Product, Item name fields. If you leave it like it is (DAZ 3D, Genesis 2, Female) Daz Studio will save transfered morphs to the base folder of your original genesis 2 female. Which means that after that, when you load original Genesis 2 Base Female from your content tab or your smart content tab, it will load with G1 morphs already in parameters tab/actor. If that is fine with you or you want that to happen, leave (or set) Vendor, Product, Item name as DAZ 3D, Genesis 2, Female.

If you dont want that to happen, change the name in 1 or more name fields. (eg. Product Name: Genesis 2X, or same name you picked for your *.duf file in step earlier). Changing the name will create differently named folders and thus your G2F with G1 morphs will be separated from original G2F.

Metadata:

Set Content Type: Actor
    Set Category: Amongst other things, what you put in this field will determine where icons for your G2F figure with G1 morphs will be in Smart Content tab. So something like default/figures/people/ will do. Or default/figures/people/female. Or take your pick, but if you dont know how to change it later, pick wisely ;)
    Set Compatibility Base: Genesis 2/Female
    Set Comatibile With: Genesis 2/Female Genitalia - i dont know it this is required if you own or plan to get G2F genitalia product, but if you dont know how to add compatibilities later, do it now, just in case..

Asset Definitions: activate/check all
    Parenting Data: unchecked
    File Options: If you are saving in the same place as original G2F, uncheck/deactivate compress File(s). If you are making new one, take your pick.

Click Accept
    Remove G2F from scene

Now, if you picked (by name setup for base data folder) that you wanted for original G2F to have G1 morphs, just load original G2F and morph away.

If you picked that you want separate G2F with G1 morphs, your newly created G2F wont have auto-fit options/templates. Solution for that can be found here
    Steps to Get projection templates to work for your Custom Genesis 2 Figure by larsmidnatt

Pic 4. newly created G2F and Pic 5. original G2F. To fix the auto-fit you need to copy missing folders (tools, projection templates) from G2F original folder to your G2F folder. After that load your G2F and morph away :D

You might also want to dial in Genesis 1 clone for Genesis 2, considering how starting point for some Genesis 1 morphs is an "no bubies" figure:

1. In scene tab select Genesis 2 Female
    2. Go to parameters tab and click on Active Pane Options (upper left corner, icon looks like paper with lines of text)
    3. Activate Show Hidden Properties
    4. In Parameters tab there should be new menu called "Hidden" (bellow Display, above Pose Controls) with submenu "Clones" in which you can dial Genesis 1 clone

EDIT:

Addition, thanks to Murgatroyd:

If you have problems with morphs for some areas (like breasts) you might try transfer again with deference that instead of Target Item (G2F) Shape : Default, use Morph (list will pop up) Genesis. If you use "fresh" G2F figure, morph genesis should be at the bottom of the list (bellow MCM Toes group).

Murgatroyd said:

If you're using Ben's quick transfer technique, I've found it works MUCH better if, instead of using G2F's "default" shape, you instead use the Genesis morph.

Pic_5.jpg
    1014 x 313 - 220K
    pic_4.jpg
    1015 x 300 - 197K
    pic_3.jpg
    328 x 510 - 103K
    pic_2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 394K
    Clip.jpg
    493 x 628 - 126K
    Post edited by ben98120000 on
    edited December 1969

ben98120000, this would work too and it is much faster - I just prefer to work through immediate figure so I won't screw up any of them by mistake.

edited June 2013

How to make a clone.
    1) Put some DNA into Axlotl tank..

^_^"

Err, I actually meant G2F clone for your Genesis autofit so you can reverse-fit G2F clothes to Genesis.
    As with any autofit the result is...well... autofitting. I don't think it would work on shoes and gloves all that well and there are usual problems of boobs.

The full functionality of G2F to Genesis autofit can only be used in DS 4.6 because DS 4.5 can't autofit TriAx to TriAx but I'll split this tutorial into two sections, because you can still get some helping usability in DS 4.5 with G2F shape.

Part I (both DS 4.5 and DS 4.6): Getting G2F shape into Genesis and making it a clone.

For this you need to already have OriginalGenesis morph as explained in post 7 of this thread or quickly unlock that shape as explained in this post
    Important thing you need to be able to dial original Genesis Shape in G2F.

1. Load Genesis on scene. Set Resolution Level to Base and Subdivision to 0.
    Export it as obj with only "Ignore Invisible Node" checked, everything else unchecked, I called it Genesis Base LR.obj for example
    I used Hexagon scale (I unit = 1 cm) with 100%.

Delete Genesis.

2. Load G2F on scene. Dial OriginalGenesis (which you would have) morph to 100%.
    Load your Genesis Base LR.obj

3. Load Transfer Utility
    As source select G2F, shape 'Current' (it is important), as a target Genesis Base LR.obj, shape default.
    Projection Template: None
    I also didn't use Near Vertices method this time but it might give better results.
    I left everything like it is, only unchecked Morph Sources - Projection templates and checked Reverse Source Shape from the Target.
    Don't add smoothing modifier but leave Fit To Source Figure.

As a result you should have Genesis shape fit to Genesis 2 Female. Don't unfit it for now.

4. Dial OriginalGenesis in G2F down to 0.
    It should make our Genesis Base LR figure, by virtue of being fit to G2F, to repeat the default G2F shape.

5. Make all of G2F is invisible by clicking an eye in a Scene tab or delete it.

6. Export G2F shape from Genesis as, say, Genesis G2F LR.obj (same parameters as above).

7. Clear the scene. Load Genesis and go to Morph Loader Pro.
    In Morph Loader Pro select Genesis G2F LR.obj as a morph.
    - Change its name to Genesis2Female
    - Change its group to Hidden/Clone
    You don't need to select reverse deformation.

G2F morph now should load and dial correctly.

If you simply want to use G2F morph, in this step you need to put it into Actor/Female/Real World group or something like that and do Bone Adjustment/ERC Freeze as it is explained in step 10 here but we don't need this for making a clone. You don't need to do any other steps aside of Bone Adjustment/ERC freezing.
    Just G2F morph might help you to rerig G2F clothes for Genesis in DS 4.5 where you don't have TriAx to TriAx autofit
    If you still wish to make a clone, follow to step 8.

8. When the morph is loaded, click on small gear near the slider and set
    Name: CloneGenesis2Female
    Label: Genesis2Female
    Path: Hidden/Clones
    Type: Hidden/Clones - if you can't change it leave it as it is, we will fix next step.
    Set min and max limits at 0, Use Limits, Hidden, Locked.

Save this morph as Morph Asset (it should be located in Hidden/Clones of Genesis).
    My saving process put this morph as CloneGenesis2Female.dsf into data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Additional Morphs folder

9. You'll need to open this CloneGenesis2Female.dsf file in text editor and change/check some lines.
    Commas at the end of the line are important!,

Line 4 "id" should have a proper path to your morph (I'm not sure it is 100% important)
    Line 16 should be "id" : "CloneGenesis2Female",
    Line 17 should be "name" : "CloneGenesis2Female",
    Line 20 should be "type" : "Modifier/Clone",
    Line 21 should be "label" : "",
    Lines 26 to 38 of block "channel" should look like this

"channel" : {
    "id" : "value",
    "type" : "float",
    "name" : "Value",
    "label" : "Genesis2Female",
    "visible" : false,
    "locked" : true,
    "value" : 0,
    "min" : 0,
    "max" : 0,
    "clamped" : true,
    "step_size" : 0.01
    },

And finally line 39 should be "group" : "/Hidden/Clones",

Save your file under same name CloneGenesis2Female.dsf

Part 2. DS 4.6 specific.
    Load Genesis, load G2F clothes, Select "Fit To" Genesis, and among the shapes you should have "Genesis2Female".
    Use projection template that you'd like and after autofitting is done save as Figure/Prop Asset somewhere into your library.

Notes.
    It worked and looked better for me with SickleYield Projection templates.
    Underbreast and (I think) pelvis areas are somewhat distorted. Bigger and more drastic shapes like Infernal Behemoth will be distorted as well.
    In DS 4.5, if you made a usual Genesis2Female morph instead of clothes in step 7, you can refit G2F clothes by exporting them as objs, importing them back and using transfer utility with G2F default shape dialed as 100%, Genesis Source used as 'Current' and Reverse Source Shape from the Target.

Pictured Genesis (in DS 4.6, grrr), with Demonics and Asari head morphs by DarioFish, Free Wilmap G2F Summer dress, Briallen texture and Apprentice Mage in Tower pose. Autofit used SickleYield projection templates and my G2F clone shape. Smoothing modifier added and collision and smoothing both around 6.

WearingPretty.jpg
    1036 x 928 - 118K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Thanks ben98120000

Left is Young Teen Justin on Genesis with the Bree Skin. Right is the morphs transferred over to Genesis 2 using the Genesis 2 Bree skin. No lighting, just a quick render. As you can see, it works ... somewhat. I'll just sit around and wait until I get the same morphability in Genesis 2 AND a male shape before I make any purchases. The shoulders came out hideous and the evolution morphs ... don't work so well.

BreeskinYTJ.jpg
    864 x 968 - 292K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

If I remember correctly when creating new morphs for the Supersuit I'm still working on if you just resave the suit all the morphs I added in will be created for it in the appropriate folder as long as you have the right folder address in the top input box. Saves ALLOT of time rather than saving out one morph at a time. Make sure your last morph though is zeroed out or next time you add a Gene02 figure to the scene that last dialed morph will be set to a "1" and you will be thinking WTF? lol

edited June 2013

Mrgrayewolf, I repeated my process (tutorial 3 with OriginalGensis morph from tutorial 2 as well) with Justin and this is a result.
    G2F scaled 94.5% as the original Justin, OriginalGenesis morph + G1 Justin on the left
    Genesis Justin on the right
    Both use Bree texture (G2F and G5 versions respectively)

MyMellowJusting.jpg
    1035 x 928 - 264K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Mrgrayewolf, I repeated my process (tutorial 3) with Justin and this is a result.
    G2F scaled 94.5% as the original Justin, OriginalGenesis morph + G1 Justin on the left
    Genesis Justin on the right
    Both use Bree texture (G2F and G5 versions respectively)

I'll have to give your version a go. Later anyway ... spent way too much time on this today and I am currently in the process of building an organized genesis 1 runtime. Back in 2010 I used to just let stuff install willy nilly and am finally getting around to building separate sorted runtimes.

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Thank you sincerely for this thread Kattey you are very clever.

edited December 1969

Thank you sincerely for this thread Kattey you are very clever.

Not really, but thank you :)
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited June 2013

Kattey, you've shown me some awesome 'new' things in DS to me (new to me, at any rate).

Here's G2F with the M5 morph (using your tut) with the skin from Victoria 4 GW1-4 Male Bundle

G2F_male_version_2.png
    743 x 725 - 164K
    G2F_male_version.png
    743 x 725 - 334K
    Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 1969

Glad it worked for you, Shaaelia :)
    You used V4 to G2F remap from the store or got it somehow else?

edited December 1969

Yep, used the V4 to G2F remap from the store but also had to save the files as .duf before they would load.

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Yep, used the V4 to G2F remap from the store but also had to save the files as .duf before they would load.

Ah, good to know :)
    But pity. there really should be a simpler way.
    edited December 1969

Should be. It's going to be time consuming to transfer over the things that I want to, but it should be worth it in the end.

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

sounds really interresting... thanks KAttey i've already bookmarked this topic and will give a try to your method during the weekend, maybe this"ll help me to reconsider with a better eye the released of Genesis2 wich, so far, looks pointless to me

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for this! I took notes so I can try it out in the future if needed. I really don't see that big of a difference with Genesis 2 but it's good to know just in case. I think I'm most likely to use the autofit clone for Genesis 1. I'd also like to look into doing the reverse, copying Genesis 2 morphs to Genesis 1 as Bejaymac mentioned: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/#356284

I really feel like Genesis 2 is a cheap gimmick to exploit people's obsession of keeping up with the latest technology. The changes seem so minimal to me, there should be at least 10x the amount of improvements before they make a next generation figure. I think Genesis 2 is going to hurt PAs as they must waste time trying to support multiple figures. It's is going to cost users time and money. Anyway sorry for ranting, I am very thankful people like you are figuring out this sort of stuff to give us more options and flexibility.

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for these tutorials Kattey. They are VERY useful.
    I will try them in the next days.

edited December 1969

scal.64.ps, please tell me how it worked for you :)

Swawa3D, if you transfer any head/body morphs or V6 back to Genesis can you tell me how it worked for you? I'm curious in this respect.

Kalisx, hope it will work for you - if something isn't clear, please tell me, I'll try to clarify things :)

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited June 2013

Ok, following the tutorial on the first post. Probably a dumb question, but where do I find the transfer utility? Ugh, NVM, it is under edit > figure menu. In case anyone else has the same question lol. I was looking under window > panes expecting it to be there.

Ran the tool, didn't add the morphs to the lowresbase mesh, maybe screwed something up. Trying again.

Post edited by TheKD on
    edited June 2013

TheKD said:
    Ok, following the tutorial on the first post. Probably a dumb question, but where do I find the transfer utility? Ugh, NVM, it is under edit > figure menu. In case anyone else has the same question lol. I was looking under window > panes expecting it to be there.

Good question, I completely forgot to show this.
    Transfer Utility and Morph Loader Pro can be found through top menu Edit -> Figure
    I don't really know where Property Editor hides in menus.

I usually use rightmost toolbar, called Creator Tools. You can invoke it by right-clicking the mouse on empty space near top icon bar (where lights and selector tools are)
    Here is a screenshot for my Darkside/Classic layout. In case of many backs and forths it is faster to use for me than a menu.

Buttons.jpg
    1402 x 1080 - 130K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

First Katie- Thanks for the tuts! I'll surely try it some time when my head isn't scattered. LOL

Ben- Your way worked a charm and took minutes! Thank you muchly! It made G2F much more usable to me :)
    Using V4 elite morphs transferred with GenX, and then some Hitomi and Girl and others just dial spinning. The pose is from Rawn's G2F new pose pack. I'm in heaven now! (though she still isn't a replacement for Genesis 1 in my book LOL)

Transfer all genesis 1 morphs (basicaly all morphs from genesis 1 shaping tab) to Genesis 2

1. Load Genesis 1
    2. Load Genesis 2 Female
    3. Start transfer utility

4. Transfer utility settings:

Source Scene Item: Genesis
    Target Scene Item: Genesis 2 Female
    Source / Target Item shape: Default
    Projection Template: none

Expanded Show options:

Activate Use Near Vertices and dial it to max, 1000%
    Leave Smart Filtering active
    General Options: leave only Morph targets active (deselect the rest), click on (select) Morph Targets and in Extended Option field activate Source Morphs and deactivate Projection Template Morphs
    Deselect Fit to Source Figure

5. Click Accept

Select Genesis 2 Female in Scene tab and morphs should be in Parameters tab / Actor.

You might also want to dial in Genesis 1 clone for Genesis 2, considering how starting point for some Genesis 1 morphs is an "no bubies" figure:

1. In scene tab select Genesis 2 Female
    2. Go to parameters tab and click on Active Pane Options (upper left corner, icon looks like paper with lines of text)
    3. Activate Show Hidden Properties
    4. In Parameters tab there should be new menu called "Hidden" (bellow Display, above Pose Controls) with submenu "Clones" in which you can dial Genesis 1 clone

G1toG2XferMorphs.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 143K
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I cannot for the life of me get the ERC freeze to work.

I go into Joint Editor>Edit>Adjust Rigging To Shape.

I make sure Adjust Orientation is Checked.

I go into Property Editor>ERC Freeze

I set figure and note to Genesis 2 Female
    I set property to Gen1 Neutral (which is what I've named the morph)
    I deselect Restore Figure Rigging (only Restore Figure and Apply Control Property are selected)

I accept and it performs the ERC Freeze. I can test it by sliding the Gen1 Neutral morph slide with Joint Editor on and I can see the rigging is adjusting just fine between the Gen2 Female and the Gen1 Neutral. It looks like everything is working fine.

Go into File>Save As>Morph Asset

Select the Genesis 1 Neutral morph and save.

I do the test slider and everything still seems to be working fine.

Delete, reload the figure. Slide the Gen1 Neutral Morph slider and the figure morphs but the rigging does not adjust.

I am using DS 4.6pro

edited June 2013

How to make a better Genesis autofit clone if you have MallenLane's Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product.

I looked at those nicely fitted V4 shoes on G2F and asked myself if anything could be done to bring some of that level of functionality back to Genesis as G2F and Genesis can both morph into V4. Turned to be it is possible.

This tutorial needs a purchase of Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female, it won't work otherwise. This is a personal fix, it is not distributable.

Other tools I used: G2F Essentials (free), DS 4.6 (free, it might work in DS 4.5 as well but I'm yet to check it), Genesis Essentials (free). 'My Genesis' means Genesis with all my library of morphs.

This tutorial also needs you to have OriginalGenesis shape unlocked in G2F as in this or maybe this tutorial.

In majority it is a refinement on how to make G2F clone for Genesis, so I copy-pasted where it was ok. Also it doesn't have to be shoes, but shoes were my main concern.

1. Load My Genesis on scene. Set Resolution Level to Base and Subdivision to 0.
    Export it as obj with only “Ignore Invisible Node” checked, everything else unchecked, I called it Genesis Base LR.obj for example
    I used Hexagon scale (I unit = 1 cm) with 100%.

Delete Genesis.

2. Load G2F on scene. Dial OriginalGenesis (which you would have at this point) morph to 100%.
    Load your Genesis Base LR.obj

3. Load Transfer Utility
    As source select G2F, shape ‘Current’ (it is important), as a target Genesis Base LR.obj, shape default.
    Projection Template: None
    I also didn’t use Near Vertices method this time but it might give you better results.
    I left everything like it is, only unchecked Morph Sources - Projection templates and checked Reverse Source Shape from the Target.
    Don’t add smoothing modifier but leave Fit To Source Figure.

As a result you should have Genesis shape fit to Genesis 2 Female. Don’t unfit it for now.

4. Dial OriginalGenesis in G2F down to 0.
    It should make our Genesis Base LR figure, by virtue of being fit to G2F, to repeat the default G2F shape.

5. Check "Show Hidden Properties" in Properties menu and go to Hidden/Clone in Parameters tab.
    (it is probably can be done through morph but I prefer a clone)
    Find a clone called Victoria4. Make it visible, unlocked and dialed freely.
    Dial it 100%. G2F shouls look like V4 with straight fingers and G2F-posed feet. Our Genesis Base LR figure should repeat it 100%.
    Make G2F geometry invisible.

6. Export Genesis with V4 shape as, say, Genesis CloneVictoria4G2F LR.obj (same parameters as above).

7. Clear the scene. Load Genesis and go to Morph Loader Pro.
    In Morph Loader Pro select Genesis CloneVictoria4G2F LR.obj as a morph.
    - Change its name to something like Victoria4G2F
    - Change its group to Hidden/Clones
    You don’t need to select reverse deformation.

MallenLane's V4 morph received from G2F now should load and dial correctly. Dial it back to 0.

8. When the morph is loaded, click on small gear near the slider and set
    Name: CloneVictoria4G2F
    Label: Victoria4G2F
    Path: Hidden/Clones
    Type: Hidden/Clones - if you can’t change it leave it as it is, we will fix next step.
    Set min and max limits at 0, Use Limits, Hidden, Locked, uncheck Autofollow and As Percent.

Save this morph as Morph Asset (it should be located in Genesis/Hidden/Clones of Genesis). You don't need to save modified Genesis itself.
    My saving process put this morph as CloneVictoria4G2F.dsf into data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Additional Morphs folder where all my additional morphs and clones are.
    Compress option should be unchecked.

9. You’ll need to open this CloneVictoria4G2F.dsf file in text editor and change/check some lines.
    Commas at the end of the line are important!,

Line 4 “id” should have a proper path to your morph (I’m not sure it is 100% important)
    Line 16 should be “id” : “CloneVictoria4G2F”,
    Line 17 should be “name” : “CloneVictoria4G2F”,
    Line 20 should be “type” : “Modifier/Clone”,
    Line 21 should be “label” : “”,
    Lines 26 to 38 of block “channel” should look something like this

“channel” : {
    “id” : “value”,
    “type” : “float”,
    “name” : “Value”,
    “label” : “Victoria4G2F”,
    “visible” : false,
    “locked” : true,
    “value” : 0,
    “min” : 0,
    “max” : 0,
    “clamped” : true,
    “step_size” : 0.01
    },

And finally line 39 should be “group” : “/Hidden/Clones”,

Save your file under same name CloneVictoria4G2F.dsf

10. As it is, the clone is here but it isn't working properly on shoes.
    To make it to work properly you need to go to G2F data folder.
    data\DAZ 3D\Genesis2\Female\Tools\Clones
    and find a file called CloneVictoria4.dsj

I have not much of idea what it is but I think this is where a lot of MallenLane's work is done.

All you need to do is to copy this file into
    data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Tools\Clones
    and name it CloneVictoria4G2F.dsj so the name matches the name of your clone dsf file.

11. Load Genesis, load V4 shoes. Depending on how shoes are built the result might be different (if it had a high heel and required pose adjustment from V4 it is likely to have troubles here, but most of flatheels work very well).

Select “Fit To” Genesis, and among the shapes you should have “Victoria4G2F”.

Use projection template for Boots (I usually use Boots>Boots Tight) and after autofitting is done save as Figure/Prop Asset somewhere into your library. SickleYield's projections might work better.
    Hopefully you have a nice pair of shoes for your Genesis.

Notes.
    You can also copy the content of
    data\DAZ 3D\Genesis2\Female\Tools\Projection Templates to data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Tools\Projection Templates
    and
    data\DAZ 3D\Genesis2\Female\Projection Templates to data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Projection Templates to give your Genesis autofit capabilities of G2F autofit but I didn't find much of benefit to do so.

Sometimes if you have big toe posed, you'll have to adjust it back because shoes might deform.

For heeled boots, depending on how heels are built and posed initially for V4, you might need to hide the feet or you might not get a good fit altogether although the mesh will translate much smoother in case if you'd want to refit it manually. I'm very impressed, truth to say.

This Autofit should work on other V4 clothes, but I have my doubts about gloves.

Pictured: Genesis with default V4 autofit, Genesis with MallenLane's autofit, G2F with MallenLane's autofit, wearing geta from V4 OnniBugeisha outfit. DS 4.6, default G2F pose.

DaretoWearGoodShoesG2F.jpg
    1072 x 928 - 135K
    DaretoWearGoodShoes.jpg
    1072 x 928 - 139K
    DaretoWearBadShoes.jpg
    1072 x 928 - 138K
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

ghastlycomic, I'm trying to think, because mine is working fine here... when you did ERC freeze, did you make sure that you Gen1 Neutral morph is actually selected?

Before you save the morph, do you put Gen1 Neutral back to zero?

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Well I finally got myself a nice Genesis 1 Neutral figure for the Genesis 2 Female.

I had to send the figure to Hexagon, then send it back as a morph. Perform the ERC on that morph and everything took. I don't know why it wouldn't take to the original morph but as long as it works in the end then I'm a happy camper.

Now to transfer the rest of my Genesis 1 morphs to the new figure and see what I think of it.

In short I still feel this is a huge step backwards and should not have been called a Genesis figure. But as long as Daz doesn't do anything cheap like force a deletion of the Genesis 1 figure on an update or actively sabotage their product to no longer support Genesis 1 then at least those of us who were lucky enough to get into Daz when the Genesis 1 figure existed will still be fortunate enough to have it even if it's no longer included in future releases of Daz Studio.

edited December 1969

I'm in the middle right now. I used Kattey's tutorials but made a couple of changes. One change was I made a Genesis TEMP folder on my desktop, created a Morphs sub folder and basically took most of the morphs out of the Base folder and moved them there. So all the merchants custom morphs and even a good amount of the DAZ 3D morphs. I kept in all the base figure shapes including the Gen 3 and Gen 4 shapes and of course my real reason for wanting to do this was to get my Bruno morphs over. So those remained.

I have to say it's nice not having such a crazy amount of morphs to deal with in Gene-01. I think that's one of the reasons I like the idea of having two figures again. Since I use male shapes the most I'll just be buying mostly stuff for Gene-02 Male when it's released. So this new figure will give me a lead to knowing what I want and what to hopefully expect when that's finally released (probably not for another year knowing DAZ).....

edited December 1969

ghastlycomic, I never saw such behavior but every day teaches something new. Thanks for the solution, I'll remember it :)

RAMWolff, glad to hear that the process is going on :)
    If you'd have some time, can you test this method too and compare? (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/356991/) On some morph that needs the rigging adjustment, if possible.

edited December 1969

Hmmm, running into some issues. On partial body fixes, since the default body shape is set at the Female Gene-02 shape, then when I apply Bruno (which came over just fine) but if I apply one of my body fixes the default Gene-01 body shape then kicks in and well things look really really bad. So looks like pure full on body shapes will work but no face shapes will work much less any of my body fixes since they have the default Gene-01 built into the morph information. Not sure what to do at this point! :-(