Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• jtgibbyjtgibby Posts: 5
    edited March 2018

Is Genesis 8 no longer considered a figure? I ask because all of the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials are now under "Lost and Found".

Post edited by jtgibby on
  • jtgibby said:

Is Genesis 8 no longer considered a figure? I ask because all of the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials are now under "Lost and Found".

That sounds like a metadata issue, it's not soemthing DS would change. Try refreshing the product's metadata.

jtgibby said:

That sounds like a metadata issue, it's not soemthing DS would change. Try refreshing the product's metadata.

No dice! Still under "Lost and Found". The metadata was fine before the update. I did nothing but launch DS. Chalking it up to the product update bug for now.

• jtgibby said:
    jtgibby said:

No dice! Still under "Lost and Found". The metadata was fine before the update. I did nothing but launch DS. Chalking it up to the product update bug for now.

Which version did you update from?

edited March 2018
    jtgibby said:

Tried reinstalling content with Install manager and restarted DS. metadata is still missing. I really thought that was going to fix it. I noticed that two items failed. Here is what the log says:

2018-03-28 17:03:02.899 Updated metadata for 0 of 1 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.626 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Token "3743 " cast failed in TableProduct::loadIntoMap cast failed with exception: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.626 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Token "3744 " cast failed in TableProduct::loadIntoMap cast failed with exception: bad lexical cast: source type value could not be interpreted as target
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.632 Updated metadata for 1 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.634 Updated metadata for 2 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.637 Updated metadata for 3 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.638 Updated metadata for 4 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.639 Updated metadata for 5 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.677 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Millennium Big Cat LE', default_name = 'Millennium Big Cat LE', store_id = 1, token = '3744', artists = 'DAZ 3D', description = '', guid = 'bec7b40b-a1bf-43ac-a388-28970a0f530e', meta_hash = '307e54a88ddc0150f3572938457a8a14', file_hash = 'b67ef52bdc215195ab0cdb10ab162a33', thumbnail_path = '', thumbnail_hash = '', last_update = '2013-03-05 20:32:08', date_purchased = '2015-02-09 22:27:29', date_installed = '2018-03-28 23:03:04', release_date = '2005-05-25 00:00:00', group_num = 0, hide = 'f', is_vendor = 't', has_cloud_meta_data = 't', is_installed = 'f', is_cloud_owned = 't', needs_update = 'f', normalized_name = 'millennium big cat le', normalized_name_first_letter = 'M' WHERE id = 596) failed with exception: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(bec7b40b-a1bf-43ac-a388-28970a0f530e) already exists.

2018-03-28 17:03:04.677 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(bec7b40b-a1bf-43ac-a388-28970a0f530e) already exists.

2018-03-28 17:03:04.677 Updated metadata for 6 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:04.687 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (UPDATE "product" SET name = 'Millennium Cat LE', default_name = 'Millennium Cat LE', store_id = 1, token = '3743', artists = 'DAZ 3D', description = '', guid = '4cbc5343-c4d2-4af6-9e4e-bee9d88720a8', meta_hash = 'ff93b2007ffa95abfbd8b56383626848', file_hash = '1faa73554f29d22ef83508ecb5fcc6cd', thumbnail_path = '', thumbnail_hash = '', last_update = '2013-03-05 20:32:08', date_purchased = '2015-02-09 22:27:29', date_installed = '2018-03-28 23:03:04', release_date = '2005-05-18 00:00:00', group_num = 0, hide = 'f', is_vendor = 't', has_cloud_meta_data = 't', is_installed = 'f', is_cloud_owned = 't', needs_update = 'f', normalized_name = 'millennium cat le', normalized_name_first_letter = 'M' WHERE id = 597) failed with exception: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(4cbc5343-c4d2-4af6-9e4e-bee9d88720a8) already exists.

2018-03-28 17:03:04.687 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"
    DETAIL:  Key (guid)=(4cbc5343-c4d2-4af6-9e4e-bee9d88720a8) already exists.

2018-03-28 17:03:04.687 Updated metadata for 7 of 8 items.
    2018-03-28 17:03:05.100 WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 6 items succeeded, 2 items failed.
    2018-03-28 17:03:05.100 Metadata update failed: 6 items succeeded, 2 items failed.

edited March 2018
    jtgibby said:
    jtgibby said:

Which version did you update from?

4.9 to 4.10. I usually update whenever a new version is available. This last time it updated at startup somehow. I assumed it was Smart Content update. My UI reset, just like I installed a new version of DS. All the essential content updated as well.

• There was an issue last night with the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials metadata - you may have been the first to stumble on that. It is, I beleive, fixed now.

Confirmed. It was working again this morning. I also noticed the default cloud location "Library/data/cloud", somehow got changed to "Library/data/data/cloud". I cut and pasted (replace) the "data" one level up and it fixed all the weird duplicate errors I was having as well. Not really sure how that happened. I haven't altered my content directories since I installed DS, but somehow it got changed. Thanks for following up Richard. :)

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,489

It would be nice if there system was capable of just downloading the new metadata instead of requiring a gigabyte download.

• NylonGirl said:

It would be nice if there system was capable of just downloading the new metadata instead of requiring a gigabyte download.

Connect will do that.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

OK, found something in the Docu.... What is the Dz3DBrushTool ??  Found under the Incremented build number to 4.11.0.59 section!

• RAMWolff said:

OK, found something in the Docu.... What is the Dz3DBrushTool ??  Found under the Incremented build number to 4.11.0.59 section!

I think for anything in the chnage log you are limited to what is in the change log.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    NylonGirl said:

Connect will do that.

Not on my machine it wont. cheeky

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758
    edited April 2018

This is not specific to this version, but it is another "growing problem"...

Why is it faster to just "Select items" and then delete them, with the "Delete key" (Nearly instant)... But creating a NEW scene, or deleting items by selecting "Delete selected items" from the drop-down list, takes forever and nearly chokes Daz to death? (Takes up to 10 minutes, sometimes as it keeps "Removing contents", Clearing Scene" "Removing Data"... Like three times in a row, before it finally catches-up.)

Also... I am finding that images linger-around, from shaders. Even when they are no longer used. Even to the point where "editing an image", will stop updating in the shader itself, unless you actually change the name to an unused prior name. (EG, Grass.jpg... Update the image and the old one still shows, in the render. Rename it to Grass2.jpg, it updates since it thinks it is a new image. Select Grass.jpg again, after it is changed again, or Grass2.jpg, and it reloads the old original texture in the rendering, instead of the new one.)

Eventually, it catches-up, but when it is bugging-out like that, it is annoying and severely impedes workflow. Especaially when we are "creating the texture" to test it on a model.

Another glitch I saw, and this was actually awesome, if it were a feature... But it isn't...

Some Grouped objects, if you hide the group, it only hides the grouped objects in the preview-window from the fast-draw GL-view. (The thing you see when the IRAY preview bugs-out and has to do a full-screen refresh.) However, they all still render in the IRAY PREVIEW, and in the final render. The "Cool part about it"... IRAY preview gets super-fast! It is no longer choking on the GL-VIEW, with those objects NOT being drawn underneath, so it updates super-fast.

So, my real question is... How can I turn-off the GL-VIEW rendering completely, so the IRAY PREVIEW renders that fast all the time?!!!? :)

My specific instance, I was making a scenery with a BUNCH of trees and plants. (Big open-GL killers...)

I grouped them, as "Plants", as I prepared to add other things into the scene. I wanted to hide them, to speed it up.

When I selected to HIDE the GROUP... all the trees and plants were still rendering in the IRAY preview, but the GL-View (the untextured grey objects that show as you manipulate things or rotate the screen fast), were not there. You couldn't see them in the preview window, where the IRAY preview stops, or while moving them.

Instantly, I could move and rotate the scene real fast, and even adjust them, "live", in IRAY view... Which is painful to do otherwise, with 40+ plants on the screen.

When I said, "if it was a feature, but it isn't"... This was my logical reason...

1: When selecting to HIDE some groups... The sub-components sometimes hide too. (In both GL-PREVIEW, and IRAY views.)

2: When selecting to HIDE some groups... Only SOME sub-components hide too. (Some just in GL-Preview, some just in IRAY.)

3: When selecting to HIDE some groups... Sometimes all sub-components hide. (Everywhere)

4: When selecting to HIDE some groups... Sometimes IRAY gets blindingly fast at rendering the IRAY preview. (Usually it doesn't, and can actually get slower, trying NOT to draw hidden things that are actually there.)

Post edited by JD_Mortal on
  • JD_Mortal said:

This is not specific to this version, but it is another "growing problem"...

Why is it faster to just "Select items" and then delete them, with the "Delete key" (Nearly instant)... But creating a NEW scene, or deleting items by selecting "Delete selected items" from the drop-down list, takes forever and nearly chokes Daz to death? (Takes up to 10 minutes, sometimes as it keeps "Removing contents", Clearing Scene" "Removing Data"... Like three times in a row, before it finally catches-up.)

Deleting an item doesn't, at least immedaitely, free up the memory as it is still in the Undo stack. Loading a new scene does completely remove the content, no Undo, and so requires the used memory be freed. I would think that is the difference.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

..I routinely use the Clear Undo Stack and Purge Memory scripts when changing scenes during a session.

edited April 2018

Sounds semi-logical, in theory...

But...

Select 40+ items in the scene, and hit the "DELETE" key... They instantly disapear and daz is free to start inserting new things. The UI is not "stalled", waiting for things to be removed.

Now, do it this way...

Select 40+ items in the scene, and "Second-mouse click", to get the drop-down menu, and select "Delete selected". (Should be the same thing as hitting the delete key.)

It chokes Daz, and the GUI locks-up, while it goes through this odd process of deleting and refreshing and purging and ??? Before you can start using Daz again.

It is actually faster to just exit Daz, then restart it, than it is to just try to create a new scene or simply delete everything. (Except if you are just hitting the delete-key.)

Same with loading scenes. Ones that replace the current scene. It goes throug three deleting phases, each with three deleting processes, before loading the new scene. Then, after it does that... before it loads the scene, it does it all again, after it just deleted everything.

Much faster to just exit Daz, restart Daz, and select a new scene to load.

I would record the event, but it kills OBS in the process, when it does all of that. I know, because it kills my live broadcast streams, when it does that. But now when I just kill daz and reload a new one, from scratch. Whatever it is doing, three times over, twice... is severely CPU and GPU demanding. And I have 18 cores/36 threads, and all super-fast mSATA SSDs. (Maybe they should stop using that code, and look at what happens when we simply hit "Delete", and use that code instead. I am sure that the "Delete" code was old and simple code back from when Daz was first created. But this new process of triple-purging, twice, is something new.)

Same with the "On Exit" code... Whatever is there, is faster than just trying to "Delete selected items", and faster than "unloading an old scene, before reloading a new scene". I am talking about minutes here, not just a few seconds faster.

Actually, this scene I am working on now, is one that takes unreasonable time to delete and reload a "new project", (unless I hit the delete key manually)...

This is a small scene, to me.

Total Vertices: 5,402,526
    Total Triangles: 560,874
    Total Quads: 3,498,917
    Total Faces: 4,059,791
    Nodes: 384
    Lights: 0
    Cameras: 1
    World-Space Modifiers: 0

It is a ring of shrubs, A custom made building, some fences, one patio-set duplicated many times, one tree duplicated many times, a cube-primitive, and a custom made land-surface. (The building and land has less polygons then one of the trees. The shrubs have nearly a million faces.)

This is also one of the scenes where the grouped trees, when you hide the group, the trees still render in the IRAY preveiw and final render, but they are not there in the GL-View. A scene where the IRAY preview is super fast, when you hide the trees. But it gets slow if you hide the bushes, and those hide in IRAY and in the GL-View. It's a catch-22...

DELETE KEY of selected items, or closing Daz, is nearly instant... (~2.5 seconds), and only 4 seconds to undelete them. (When it undeletes, half the things are invisible, but not "hidden".)

Selecting the items and then selecting to "Delete selected items"... (15 seconds), and only 4 seconds to undelete them. (When it undeletes, half the things are invisible, but not "hidden".)

With nothing loaded, fresh launch of Daz, selecting "open recent"... (4 seconds to open it)

Selecting, "New Scene", from the menu... (8 seconds), No undo available, obviously. {I assume 4 to open and 4 to close/delete}

Selecting, "open recent", while it, or anything is loaded... (8 seconds to open it) {I assume 4 to open and 4 to close/delete}

Only the DELETE KEY method, allows me to instantly start using Daz. If this were one of my large scenes, with 4x-15x this quantity of items... I would be here 1 minute to 5 minutes, trying to get the next scene loaded. Scenes that only take 2-min to render to 100%, at 4x quality, at 1080p.

It was not any slower with only a quad-core processor, and only one video card. Except for render-times. So it is nothing that having a faster CPU, or RAM, or GPU would fix... it is pure coding delays, of the process for loading and deleting. Maybe I am just hitting the upper limits of Daz, which is fine. I get that... But it is still odd, the variance of what should be nearly the same processes, handled in individual ways. It is like there are a lot of dead-loops or timed-delays, purposely stalling the processes.

The time to "open it", does not include the time having to wait for Daz to prepare and load the GPU with the images for a "Live preview" in IRAY... that takes another 2-10 minutes, in some instances. (I did not include that time in the "seconds to load". I count it as loaded, when I can select something from the SCENE list, and start moving it.)

The first image is the "camera shot"... the second is just pulled-back to show all the actual items in the scene.

morning.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    test.jpg
    1912 x 824 - 319K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    JD_Mortal said:
    It is actually faster to just exit Daz, then restart it, than it is to just try to create a new scene or simply delete everything. (Except if you are just hitting the delete-key.)

Keep in mind that you shouldn't exit then restart too quickly. There's a lot of housekeeping, deleting temp files, etc. going on after you exit, part of it involving updating the content database (if you use it). In a Windows machine, you can check the Task Manager and see if any instances of the PostgreSQL server are still running (note that they're Processes, not Applications); there should be several of them, and when they all exit, the housekeeping should be finished. This usually takes a couple of minutes, plus or minus three or four. If you restart D|S before PostgreSQL is finished shutting down, the content database might not start up properly.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...when I shut down, I first clear the scene beforehand.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited April 2018
    JD_Mortal said:

Sounds semi-logical, in theory...

But...

Select 40+ items in the scene, and hit the "DELETE" key... They instantly disapear and daz is free to start inserting new things. The UI is not "stalled", waiting for things to be removed.

Now, do it this way...

Select 40+ items in the scene, and "Second-mouse click", to get the drop-down menu, and select "Delete selected". (Should be the same thing as hitting the delete key.)

It chokes Daz, and the GUI locks-up, while it goes through this odd process of deleting and refreshing and purging and ??? Before you can start using Daz again.

Same with loading scenes. Ones that replace the current scene. It goes throug three deleting phases, each with three deleting processes, before loading the new scene. Then, after it does that... before it loads the scene, it does it all again, after it just deleted everything.

Much faster to just exit Daz, restart Daz, and select a new scene to load.

I would record the event, but it kills OBS in the process, when it does all of that. I know, because it kills my live broadcast streams, when it does that. But now when I just kill daz and reload a new one, from scratch. Whatever it is doing, three times over, twice... is severely CPU and GPU demanding. And I have 18 cores/36 threads, and all super-fast mSATA SSDs. (Maybe they should stop using that code, and look at what happens when we simply hit "Delete", and use that code instead. I am sure that the "Delete" code was old and simple code back from when Daz was first created. But this new process of triple-purging, twice, is something new.)

Same with the "On Exit" code... Whatever is there, is faster than just trying to "Delete selected items", and faster than "unloading an old scene, before reloading a new scene". I am talking about minutes here, not just a few seconds faster.

Actually, this scene I am working on now, is one that takes unreasonable time to delete and reload a "new project", (unless I hit the delete key manually)...

This is a small scene, to me.

Total Vertices: 5,402,526
    Total Triangles: 560,874
    Total Quads: 3,498,917
    Total Faces: 4,059,791
    Nodes: 384
    Lights: 0
    Cameras: 1
    World-Space Modifiers: 0

It is a ring of shrubs, A custom made building, some fences, one patio-set duplicated many times, one tree duplicated many times, a cube-primitive, and a custom made land-surface. (The building and land has less polygons then one of the trees. The shrubs have nearly a million faces.)

This is also one of the scenes where the grouped trees, when you hide the group, the trees still render in the IRAY preveiw and final render, but they are not there in the GL-View. A scene where the IRAY preview is super fast, when you hide the trees. But it gets slow if you hide the bushes, and those hide in IRAY and in the GL-View. It's a catch-22...

DELETE KEY of selected items, or closing Daz, is nearly instant... (~2.5 seconds), and only 4 seconds to undelete them. (When it undeletes, half the things are invisible, but not "hidden".)

Selecting the items and then selecting to "Delete selected items"... (15 seconds), and only 4 seconds to undelete them. (When it undeletes, half the things are invisible, but not "hidden".)

With nothing loaded, fresh launch of Daz, selecting "open recent"... (4 seconds to open it)

Selecting, "New Scene", from the menu... (8 seconds), No undo available, obviously. {I assume 4 to open and 4 to close/delete}

Selecting, "open recent", while it, or anything is loaded... (8 seconds to open it) {I assume 4 to open and 4 to close/delete}

Only the DELETE KEY method, allows me to instantly start using Daz. If this were one of my large scenes, with 4x-15x this quantity of items... I would be here 1 minute to 5 minutes, trying to get the next scene loaded. Scenes that only take 2-min to render to 100%, at 4x quality, at 1080p.

It was not any slower with only a quad-core processor, and only one video card. Except for render-times. So it is nothing that having a faster CPU, or RAM, or GPU would fix... it is pure coding delays, of the process for loading and deleting. Maybe I am just hitting the upper limits of Daz, which is fine. I get that... But it is still odd, the variance of what should be nearly the same processes, handled in individual ways. It is like there are a lot of dead-loops or timed-delays, purposely stalling the processes.

The time to "open it", does not include the time having to wait for Daz to prepare and load the GPU with the images for a "Live preview" in IRAY... that takes another 2-10 minutes, in some instances. (I did not include that time in the "seconds to load". I count it as loaded, when I can select something from the SCENE list, and start moving it.)

The first image is the "camera shot"... the second is just pulled-back to show all the actual items in the scene.

I don't know what is happening on your system, but the delete key is just launching the Delete Selected item(s) command, there is no diffrence in coding - see Window>Workspace>Customise:

I suspect you have some other issues on your system, given the references to interrupted live broadcast streams.

Delete Selected items.JPG
    366 x 253 - 25K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    kyoto kid said:

..I routinely use the Clear Undo Stack and Purge Memory scripts when changing scenes during a session.

Oh? They are available from where? Mind linking?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,489
    nicstt said:
    kyoto kid said:

Oh? They are available from where? Mind linking?

http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/ClearUndoStack.zip

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Would be better to link to Adam's thread rather than direct linking to the dowload    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/adamr001s-tutorials-and-freebies-index/p1

edited April 2018

I suspect you have some other issues on your system, given the references to interrupted live broadcast streams.

It cuts-out the broadcast, because I stream a 4K, reduced to 1080p at 15fps and no sound, at a 3500-bitrate, which uses both GPU and CPU, but not enough to make windows blink on my system. When Daz is on the same cores/threads, and purging the GPU resources... It locks-up the entire computer system, just as it does when it renders at times. It is greedy and unregulated, which is fine... I like that it does what it does, fast. But it is still annoying at times. OBS choking, is a sign of something-else (daz, the only other thing running), as the thing with the issues.

It also chokes youtube streams/videos... It can bug-out when RenPy is also loaded, but that is a two-way street there. RenPy bugs out when Daz runs too, at times. Does Daz use Python?

Daz also, often, has a ghost-process that lingers around. (Can't see it anywhere but in taskmanager.) Seems to be a clean-up window or process, or something... Consumes a LOT of memory, and it slowly decays after about an hour or two, down to 0Kb, before it vanishes, unless I kill it manually. Shows as a second copy of Daz running, but it can't be "switched to", and when the Daz GUI closes, it is still there.

That isn't the same "menu" selection. The "menu" selection, I am using, is from the pop-up drop-down menu when you 2nd-mouse-click over the selected items in the scene list. That "menu" selection, which you are showing the hotkey for is in the top menu, and is as fast as the "Delete key". But sometimes going into that menu, drops my selections in the scene list, when I select any menu-items from the main menu. Just like it randomly hilights/selects and unselects items that I am not even selecting, in the scene list.

Like it also jumps-out of selections, like text-boxes, when trying to type. Which then causes each keystroke to start firing off keyboard shortcuts that mess-up the scenes, and some can't be undone... Instead of the cursor staying inside the selected text-box and just typing letters. (Like I said, this isn't exactly NEW issues, specific to this version, just issues that are "still" present, and getting worse.)

The GUI needs a major overhaul... and some of these glitches removed, before blaming it on external issues. I can stream 4K 60-FPS games in high-detail, without even a frame-drop. They are simply less greedy with the threads they use, and GPU sharing. :)

The database is a little greedy too. It has like 8 threads/processes/ports open, when doing nothing in Daz. It is not one process with 8 threads. It is 8 actual processes running, usually all on the same thread, in mine. Thread 0. That is not multi-threading, that is multi-processing, in the same thread. Each one still has to wait for the others to stop using the thread, so it is honestly pointless if setup that way. I didn't check if each had an individual designated port, which may be the reason they did that. I don't have net-spy installed, or port-monitor. (Net-speed is the least of my worries, internally, or externally.)

edited April 2018
    Chohole said:

Would be better to link to Adam's thread rather than direct linking to the dowload    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/adamr001s-tutorials-and-freebies-index/p1

Actually, the link on that "forum post" doesn't work... It points to a dead "archive"...

Actually, a lof of those links are dead... Any pointing to the "archives", which is a lot of them.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=143150

• The text box issue is apparently a Qt 3 issue, if soem other element in the GUI is highlighted 9if the mouse pointer passes over a slider as you move it away from the text box after clicking, for example) then focus jumps and key strokes are interpreted as commands rather than typing in the box. I have keyboard navigation turned off to reduce the impact, since as you note that can't be undone (I do have a bug in on that).

• father1776father1776 Posts: 982
    edited April 2018

Small but important change I would like to see in the next 'version' or major update.

It would make navigation SO MUCH easier.

When you select an object 'X"

When your current camera is physically close to said object, zoom in and out should be

about as fast either way that it is currently.

As you get farther away from said object, the zoom speed (both in and out) should speed up.

The farther away, the faster.

WHY? well there is always a 'why'.

Sometimes when you select an object and tell the camera to focus on it,

it puts the camera close..or....a very long distant away.

With the modification that speeds up zooming when far away, this no longer

is an issue, if the camera ends up in Timbucktoo, no probs, easy to zoom back.

Fix that, and I am good....mostly

Kinda wish my objects did not randomly reparent themselves when I click them...but I can live with that. lol

Post edited by father1776 on
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited April 2018

This old bug still haven't been fixed since 4.7.

Non SubD objects have visible dark areas near glancing angles in the viewport and when rendered.

Temporary workaround - change the default smoothing angle and/or apply SubD to the model and raise viewport/render SubD resolution.

Bug1.jpg
    1366 x 728 - 248K
    Bug3.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 262K
    Post edited by wowie on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Could you please show the chair in wire shaded?.  I suspect this is a case of bad modeling and not a bug.