Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Protozoon said:
    th3Digit said:

the Protozoon piano does not even load in Carrara

I expected the keys not to affect the hammers etc unless saved as poses which I was going to do each note but nah does not even load just gets an error

Warning: file \data\Protozoon\HD Grand Piano and Poses\Grand Piano\Grand Piano.dsf could not be loaded
    Error: node /data/Protozoon/HD%20Grand%20Piano%20and%20Poses/Grand%20Piano/Grand%20Piano.dsf#Hammer%2001%20A0 not found

Hi!

I don't have any experience of Carrara, but I'll try to figure out a workaround. Does Carrara support Daz rigging?

Protozoon

Carrara supports DS rigging except for G3 and G8 figures.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Stezza said:

don't hold your breath

this is the answer I got after waiting three years!

Unfortunately, this product was never updated to work in Carrara.  Please note that at this time, 
    Carrara is not currently under active development, for any platform. Our current focus is DAZ Studio and the Genesis figure platform.

Unfortunately, we simply haven't had the resources for it.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,
    Jamie

uh oh.   guess i should ask for the refund again while in the 30 days.

Vyusur said:
    Protozoon said:
    th3Digit said:

the Protozoon piano does not even load in Carrara

I expected the keys not to affect the hammers etc unless saved as poses which I was going to do each note but nah does not even load just gets an error

Warning: file \data\Protozoon\HD Grand Piano and Poses\Grand Piano\Grand Piano.dsf could not be loaded
    Error: node /data/Protozoon/HD%20Grand%20Piano%20and%20Poses/Grand%20Piano/Grand%20Piano.dsf#Hammer%2001%20A0 not found

Hi!

I don't have any experience of Carrara, but I'll try to figure out a workaround. Does Carrara support Daz rigging?

Protozoon

Carrara supports DS rigging except for G3 and G8 figures.

the Daz Studio current default rigging "general" doesn't work in carrara.

we've been using Edit, Rigging, Convert general to blended.  then saving it as a charactre preset.

works on most figures. 

occasionally an ERC control won't work in carrara.

or a formulae in a morph file will cause a figure not to load.

Thanks !! for thinking of carrara customers !! !! smiley

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited February 2018

thank you for responding and your pm

not many care as DAZ studio the only software that support is required for, hence this thread.

I can get it in via FBX but of course have to manually pose every key and it's corresponding hammer etc but that is not unexpected, ERC functionality is DAZ studio specific

it is certainly not the only thing I cannot get into Carrara but we post here so others can know before purchasing 

I shall still use it in studio anyway yes

I still need to see if I can figure out Casual's midi script too or maybe pair events with the D3D midi piano poses to drive the animation, I do not have any scripting knowledge but can read a pz2 and duf file in notepad and swap out morph etc names, do so for mimic dmc files often and this should be no different it is just an animated pose generated by a midi file instead of a wav file the mechanics are the same.

except there will be 88 morphs/poses to do hopefully only once, future generated poses a straightforward find and replace in notepad++ should work.

casual's script may be the best choice 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70673/animating-a-keyboard-using-a-midi-text-file#latest

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660
    edited February 2018

Cyborg Generation 8 https://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-generation-8 is causing Carrara to crash, also tried converting to blended weight but it's still crashing. crying

Looks like it's use DAZ Studio Pro if I want to use the figure.

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    Bunyip02 said:

Cyborg Generation 8 https://www.daz3d.com/cyborg-generation-8 is causing Carrara to crash, also tried converting to blended weight but it's still crashing. crying

Looks like it's use DAZ3D if I want to use the figure.

As it is gen 8 I suspect that it is the naming in the skeletton as Misty found with gen 3 and gen 8

• Bunyip02 said:

As it is gen 8 I suspect that it is the naming in the skeletton as Misty found with gen 3 and gen 8

and if like his other cyborgs even if it loaded the pistons etc need joint controls that fail in Carrara

edited February 2018
    th3Digit said:
    Bunyip02 said:

and if like his other cyborgs even if it loaded the pistons etc need joint controls that fail in Carrara

Piston Droopsie.

Stezza posted a fix for that.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2736711/#Comment_2736711

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'd certainly like a general way of making DS ERC stuff work (preferably without relying on Fenric's ERC plugin!) . . .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Chohole jumps up and down in frustration.    "Looks like it's use DAZ3D if I want to use the figure."   you use Daz 3d every time you visit the forum, gallery or store.  Some products that you buy at Daz 3d do require that you use Daz Studio instead of your preferred program, which could be either Bryce or Carrara, or even a 3rd party program.

edited February 2018

I use DAZ Studio Pro about 10% of the time, Carrara about 85% of the time, and others (including Bryce) about 5% of the time.

Just warning Carrara users who only use Carrara that it is a DAZ Studio Pro only figure, unless someone comes up with a workaround of course (which would be welcome).

EDIT: names changed - hope everyones happy !!!

• think Chohole was emphasising DAZ3D is the company and includes Carrara and Bryce and content that works in both.

DAZ studio is the software

aliasing lists a morph/pose control under other body parts.

pasta-ulizing erc's calling aliases could be problemo-matic.?

aliases sidebyside for x, bend for z, twist for y, then using those in erc ??

• Bunyip02 said:

I use DAZ Studio Pro about 10% of the time, Carrara about 85% of the time, and others (including Bryce) about 5% of the time.

Just warning Carrara users who only use Carrara that it is a DAZ Studio Pro only figure, unless someone comes up with a workaround of course (which would be welcome).

EDIT: names changed - hope everyones happy !!!

Considering that this is a Carrara forum, and this thread is specifically about products (mostly Daz products) that don't work in Carrara, I think that everybody knew what you meant.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Yes,  it's just that the more people who refer to that program by the Company name rather than the program name, the more people will think that it is the only program that the Company have.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited February 2018

RE: Carrara Native Content Objects - Taking Inventory

This has come up before, but somewhere along the line the included native content lost a bunch of models.  Do we know what else is missing?  Are there shader presets missing?  Etc.

I was reminded while doing some computer hard disk housecleaning. I wanted to eliminate some duplicate saves on the same disk.  My most recent install of Carrara is missing some of the old native content buildings.  I confirmed by looking in DIM's installed file list.  For example, the old Carrara native content included Brooklyn Bridge, Independence Hall, and The Whitehouse.  I tracked down my old content and added them back in, along with several other buildings.  

But it made me wonder what other content I have probably been overlooking.  Does anyone know about other categories of presets missing some elements, and where to find them?

lost and found 4 dim settings.JPG
    1515 x 465 - 137K
    lost 2 missing or deleted content.JPG
    1721 x 235 - 75K
    lost 3 has mssin files.JPG
    1748 x 282 - 98K
    lost missing or deleted content.JPG
    1867 x 968 - 232K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

RE: Carrara Native Content Objects - Taking Inventory

This has come up before, but somewhere along the line the included native content lost a bunch of models.  Do we know what else is missing?  Are there shader presets missing?  Etc.

I was reminded while doing some computer hard disk housecleaning. I wanted to eliminate some duplicate saves on the same disk.  My most recent install of Carrara is missing some of the old native content buildings.  I confirmed by looking in DIM's installed file list.  For example, the old Carrara native content included Brooklyn Bridge, Independence Hall, and The Whitehouse.  I tracked down my old content and added them back in, along with several other buildings.  

But it made me wonder what other content I have probably been overlooking.  Does anyone know about other categories of presets missing some elements, and where to find them?

Brooklyn bridge!!

iirc there was a pdf of the native content with the install

• the lifeforms went missing too

• namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 238

LoRez Skeleton 

https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-skeleton-bundle

Carrara was unable to import cr2
     :(

lorez.jpg
    1327 x 943 - 385K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited March 2018
    namtar3d said:

LoRez Skeleton 

I am able to load it from the smart content tab.  It is listed under L for LoRez instead of S for skeleton.  Also, had to find the actual figure instead of the poses and shaders.  They are all in the same browser folder.  Aargh.

NOTE - for the record, I try to avoid the smart content as much as possible.  Unreasonable fear on my part.  But I find that sometimes the DS version will load even if I have trouble with the cr2 version from the Runtme folders.  Generally worth checking.

lo res skeleton.JPG
    1846 x 805 - 254K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited March 2018
    Diomede said:
    namtar3d said:

LoRez Skeleton 

I am able to load it from the smart content tab.  It is listed under L for LoRez instead of S for skeleton.  Also, had to find the actual figure instead of the poses and shaders.  They are all in the same browser folder.  Aargh.

NOTE - for the record, I try to avoid the smart content as much as possible.  Unreasonable fear on my part.  But I find that sometimes the DS version will load even if I have trouble with the cr2 version from the Runtme folders.  Generally worth checking.

thanks for that, yes I bought it, tried it once then put it back on the shelf - thanks for jogging memoery that it exists

funnily enough I hardly buy any stuff here anymore...

Post edited by Headwax on
  • namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 238

It works! thank you. Sadly the props can't be conformed automaticaly. 

Do you know if can i load the army presets? 

it works.jpg
    991 x 643 - 283K
    edited April 2018

dont think this will ever finish loading.  https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-extreme-detail

carrara not responding over half hour now.

it did loadsmiley

Post edited by Mistara on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

Wendy ( or any other Carrara'ist ) ... did you purchase the fly?

if so.... does it work in Carrara?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

not fond of flies, I do use the Poser housefly occasionally but do not want one as detailed as Alessandro's awesome as it is, just too ewww.

I have my fly spray ready smiley

I think Alessandro also has a platypus coming soon.... will have to get that as well ... 

no probs apart from needing to adjust the shaders.... still haven't got it quite right yet..

platypus heart

edited April 2018

fighting with the rosemill moor walls.  wall is solid, in wireframe mode i can see the geometry there shaped to the window.

thought i'd just nip into the wrenchroom and assign those to new shader domain foe a transparency shader,

darn thing wont let me select those polys it just shimmers at me

sufferin succotash.

i ended up using the ds geometry editor to delete those polys, and converted the wall figure to prop

i guess, in carrara i shoulda detached skeleton?

Post edited by Mistara on