Ollie 8?

It seems Ollie is our next G8M base, given his inclusion in at least one product's fit list. Going by the name I'd say it's probably a younger character (perhaps a skater if I had to guess)?

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I think style of Ollie is Laurel & Hardy style.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    "Ollie 8" makes me think he's going to be a toon, like the male counterpart to Karyssa 8 or even a young male teen counterpart to Josie 8 because the name reminds me of the G2M character "Olly" by outoftouch.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Probably a Thorne character. 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

A Thorne boy would be amazing though. 

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

The "Olly for Genesis 2 Male" is an OOT product over on the other site.  It's a toonish young teen boy.  Perhaps OOT is releasing a new one here?

Well, it's numbered and every one of the numbered characters except Sakura has been a pure Daz Original, no credit given, and OOT doesn't seem to go for buy-outs these days so I am guessing it's just a name overlap. I DO think 'skater boy' whether stylized or not sounds likely, but the name could also just be a coincidence that way as well. Perhaps we'll find out next week.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Probably a Thorne character. 

crying

Name does speak "toony" to me tho. Drats.

Laurie

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited March 2018

Speculation is just speculation. Keep an open mind as you never know what a character is going to be like based on a name. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

Based on clothing fits, Ollie is a skinny guy with long feet.

• I'm guessing an alien after checking out the FBM.

Based on clothing fits, Ollie is a skinny guy with long feet.

• HaddixxHaddixx Posts: 88

Maybe goes with Edie8 (saw that in the fit list for a recent female outfit)?  Edie & Ollie?  Could be interesting.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Well the names go together well. But that's all I'm willing to say without more info.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

An ollie is also a basic skateboarding trick. Could be a skater boy. But who knows, there does not seem to be any scheme to DO names anymore.

Edie and Edward  could match!

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited March 2018

maybe another older guy from the 20, 30, 40's 50's eras? And British or even Aussie maybe.And the Carry On cast and other Brit movies  and shows think had characters with names around those lines sounds like a name that'd be used from around those times

imageImage result for steptoe and son

Image result for open all hours

Post edited by Chohole on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

I once spindialed a G3M boy character and skinned him with Olympia 7, which worked out pretty well.  Because of the 'Oly' skin, the character's name was 'Ollie'.

• Or maybe Ollie is short for Oliver... Oliver Queen... Stephen Amell... GIMME!!

OK, let me make another wild guess: I think it will be a Thorne fairy style boy - a papuer Peter Pan based on the lead in the Oliver Twist novel by Charles Dickens

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

OK, let me make another wild guess: I think it will be a Thorne fairy style boy - a papuer Peter Pan based on the lead in the Oliver Twist novel by Charles Dickens

Based on what Murgatroyd above said, who was looking at the clothing fits, that Ollie is a "Skinny guy with big feet" I am guessing he is more likely to be some sort of creature/fantasy character. I don't think Oliver Twist had big feet!

Havos said:

Based on what Murgatroyd above said, who was looking at the clothing fits, that Ollie is a "Skinny guy with big feet" I am guessing he is more likely to be some sort of creature/fantasy character. I don't think Oliver Twist had big feet!

What? To overcome the adversity that Oliver Twist went through that was big feat!

• IndigoTeaIndigoTea Posts: 74
    Morana said:

Or maybe Ollie is short for Oliver... Oliver Queen... Stephen Amell... GIMME!!

Glad I wasn't the only one with this in mind...

What I think is that we’re gonna find out Tuesday, because this thread is still here...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

What product was the FMB part of and what catagory was it classified under? Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Real World, or Stylized?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

It's in the Eveningwear Dress, and it's under Fantasy. (Thanks for asking, I hadn't thought to check that.)

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Speculation is just speculation. Keep an open mind as you never know what a character is going to be like based on a name. :)

I beg to differ, my dear: I quote from https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/72131/new-character-rumours/p41/

I would like Sakura 8 to be the traditional, stereotypical anime female, like this:

Mikoto Hair in People and Wearables, Hair,  3D Models by Daz 3D

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

It's in the Eveningwear Dress, and it's under Fantasy. (Thanks for asking, I hadn't thought to check that.)

Hmm... Yeah, then. It seems like Ollie may be elven/fae or something young-looking, at least I hope.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Assuming that the listing in the dress and this thread have been deliberately allowed to remain, then given timing, maybe he's this generation's Kenji. (Though the name is a bit odd for that, but still.)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Name hardly says anything these days, not even when it comes to gender (Mika lol) so it might well finally be Sakura's partner.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305
    vwrangler said:

Assuming that the listing in the dress and this thread have been deliberately allowed to remain, then given timing, maybe he's this generation's Kenji. (Though the name is a bit odd for that, but still.)

If Ollie was the Kenji equivalent, then would he not be listed under Stylized rather than fantasy?

An elfen/fae figure might be possible, but I did not think they had big feet.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113

Ollie being skinny and having big feet can still be like a cute toony/anime boy. That works out for Sora from Kingdom Hearts just fine.