Ollie 8?

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Maybe he is part animal? Ollie the otter?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Hold up! Wait, this guy has big feet? Can we get a few screens of the dress and shoes with the FBM?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Ollie being skinny and having big feet can still be like a cute toony/anime boy. That works out for Sora from Kingdom Hearts just fine. 

Maybe that's why Sora's pant legs fit loosely.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Well, that's not quite the stylized boy I was hoping for.... maybe there's good morphs though.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I'm ... very mildly curious about how Ollie mixes when you back way WAY off on the percentage of his morph used. (Also, given the level of detail, I suspect his HD morph will be very useful.)

It'll be interesting to see what his stuff looks like when things settle in Our Land of the Eternal Swirlie.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Interesting.  At first I didn't know if I wanted such a toony looking character.  I actually have pretty much no toons in my library at this point, but I am actually impressed with this one the more I think about it.  I do like the Gollum-esqe character preset but I am more intrigued by the versatility of looks he pulls off in these images.  There is something oddly charming about him.  And the chance to finally grab Lee 7 Pro for free is also really enticing right now.  Does anyone know how long this deal will run for?

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122
    edited March 2018

Nope. They went past quirky well into hideous with this one. I'll be interested to see how it's received.

I'm giving it a hard pass.Way too harsh for me to use. You're kind on stuck on a path with this character and you'd need to do a lot of work to reel it back to get any type of refinement or even individuality. "Oh, that's an Ollie" -- any character based on him would be immediately recognizable as such.

Post edited by Chou-Vert on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

how refreshing

• stryfestryfe Posts: 19
    edited March 2018

Seriously???  *Long Sigh*

Post edited by stryfe on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Now that's an interesting character... I like him. A lot.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    stryfe said:

Seriously???  *Long Sigh*

??????

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I like him. Lots of possibilities smiley

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    I don't mind if Daz does different things, and Ollie certainly is different. But these sort of characters should be much later down the pipe. Where on earth are the Asian characters? And don't anyone even dare say Aiko has anything to do with Asian.
  • CapscesCapsces Posts: 465

If his nose was sharper and crooked, he'd look like Adrien Brody. I think Ollie has character.

AdrianB.jpg
    600 x 600 - 44K
  • OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

Just saw Ollie 8. And he's without a doubt the ugliest base figure that DAZ has cooked up yet.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    I don't understand why this is pitched as a base figure. The most stylized part of him is the giant nose, and that's something you don't want in a shape intended to build other shapes off of. I'm guessing there's no way a female turns up to match him either. Definitely getting those loincloths though.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

I'm trying to figure out whether DAZ has managed to rope in Nursoda to build a base character. (Doubt it.)

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

Well he’s out and now I LOVE him!  I can not wait to see how he dials in.  It’s so fantastic to see such a unique character. The Gollum character was a really fun addition too. 

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

I actually like this one a lot. I was quite disappointed with Aiko "The Chin" 8 and skipped her but Ollie "The Nose" 8 is something very different and that's really a good thing.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    freni-kyn said:

Well he’s out and now I LOVE him!  I can not wait to see how he dials in.  It’s so fantastic to see such a unique character. The Gollum character was a really fun addition too. 

I have the pro bundle sitting in my cart until they let me out of the office at the end of the afternoon, but 'Gollum' alone would have made me buy him and the base.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Just saw Ollie 8. And he's without a doubt the ugliest base figure that DAZ has cooked up yet.

I think he has character, actually he's sort of a charactature... I like his goofiness. It will be interesting to see how he mixes with others... To me the ugliest Daz Original ever was Stephanie 8. I got her for the bundle which was good, but anytime I add just a tiny bit of her to any other character-- instant ugliness! 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I'm finding him interesting, and I think he may be fun to dial into other characters in a small amount, to see what comes out of that. Don't think I can get him yet but I'm quite tempted honestly, depsite not usually going for these kind of characters at all :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Yeah... No. Not really digging his style... :/

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

Ollie is awesome - a little goes a long way to add character to other morphs :)  but he's one of my favourites

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

I'm not into toons. At all. But they have done such an exquisite job on this character that I instantly saw uses for him. Also, the clothes in his Pro Bundle have been needed for a long time (and now they're dForce)! Not to mention Josh Crockett's character, which is his normal brand of brilliance. Now if I dial him into G8M and decrease the DO Nose Size parameter a bit, I can get all kinds of Middle Eastern types that I was hesitant to attempt before. Good on ya, Daz! Now to wait on them to do the usual maintenance on cart deals.

edited March 2018

He looks like a combo of Steve Buscemi and Don Knotts to me. There is another actor he reminds me of that has done both dark and humorous roles but his name escapes me. 

Post edited by freni-kyn on
    I don't mind if Daz does different things, and Ollie certainly is different. But these sort of characters should be much later down the pipe. Where on earth are the Asian characters? And don't anyone even dare say Aiko has anything to do with Asian.

I think both rendo and Daz have had a lot of individual Asian characters and morphs hit the market. It would be awesome to see pro bundles of other nationalities, Asian, middle eastern, Russian, etc. until then I use the g2 and g3 versions. And quite by accident I’ve recently  become enamored with v4 because she fills gaps that g8 hasn’t touched yet. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

So ugly (although he isn't) that he is the first Male I'm considering from G8. He looks so fun. I was wondering what was due with the 20% gift card sale.

• At first, I wasn’t interested at all. Then I realized that the pro package was crazy cheap if you purchased 3 add-ons. And there were three add ones I wanted, so went ahead and got him. I have no idea what I’ll do with him, but I’m sure I’ll come up with something. 

J

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    I don't think so. Nothing i need at all right now