Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Images] Pt 2

L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
edited August 2019 in The Commons

If you're just getting started with this "Appreciation Association," you may want to take a look at the first thread, and all the amazing images posted there. You can find the original thread here: Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

Welcome to the second edition of the Michael and Friends Appreciation Association thread, dedicated to showcasing the Men of our 3D world. It's been nearly two and a half years since one brave soul spoke out against "sexual discrimination" in the products available in the store here. The rhetoric has been toned down to be less confrontational, but the message is still the same: We want more men, and we really want more products to support the men, from poses and props to hair and wardrobe. LIke the song says, "More, More, More!"

So don't be shy. We want to see your renders showcasing the guys. And as long as the scene is about the guys, it's okay to have a gal in there, too. And of course, all images must be TOS compliant. Daz does have a policy on nudity, too. You can find that here, Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity. If you're not sure about how much skin is showing, take a look at that post. I'm sure it will help. (I keep it bookmarked!)

I recommend you post the image to your own Gallery, then use the image link in the body of the post. Be sure and link the image back to your Gallery page. Make it easy if someone wants to give you a Thumbs Up in the Galleries.

And have fun.

If you're interested, here is a list of the other threads, beginning with the thread that started it all:

And in the years since the "movement" first began:

Post edited by L'Adair on

Comments

• ButchButch Posts: 797

I feel so special, being numero uno cheeky 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2021
    Butch said:

I feel so special, being numero uno cheeky 

Well, you should feel special. Almost as special as these hunky guys you keep posting!

I'm glad you persevered and found the new thread. I fear it was getting lost on the second or third page. I was even considering posting an old image to bring it back to the first page! Thankfully, you posted a new image. And an excellent one, at that!
    yes yes

edited February 2018

Thanks @L'Adair .  The title length makes it easier to see at a glance.  That was very smart thinking, on your part. 

Post edited by Butch on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Thanks for posting too - I wasn't aware we had a new thread until now.

• An Officer and a Gentleman

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 179

New Test to show a picture:

and another one:

I think I get it now. :)

@mal3Imagery, That uniform looks really good. (As does the image!) Did you make that in Marvelous Designer? It fits so naturally. I love it.

E.Bru, you may have just been testing how to include images in the post, but the images you chose are really good. I hope this means we're going to see more of your work here in this thread.

• L'Adair said:

@mal3Imagery, That uniform looks really good. (As does the image!) Did you make that in Marvelous Designer? It fits so naturally. I love it.

E.Bru, you may have just been testing how to include images in the post, but the images you chose are really good. I hope this means we're going to see more of your work here in this thread.

Yup it's made in MD.  I actually made it before, but it wasn't great so I re-did the uniform.  (Left: New --- Right: Old)  I'm planning to make the Navy Officer CNT shirt.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

Bond. Edward Bond...

• The Grays, Marcus and Sydo. Criminal aristocrats, who look like twins, but were in fact born a year apart. G8M wearing G8F skins (Celestia) and parts of seven different male and female outfits between them. Full details of products used are in my gallery, apart from the goblet and statue which are from Blendswap.com. Main lighting is the "Luxo Jr" IBL by Dylan Sisson. Free, and public domain, from RenderMan. It's so good—I'm so lazy—that I use it for almost everything. I tightened up the dynamics a bit with Viveza from the Nik Collection.

The Grays

Bath time and laundry duties combined wink 

I'm not completely happy with this - I need to rethink it.  All that's here is an hdri, the character and a shower water from a locker room.

@mal3Imagery, I see what you mean. The new version definitely looks better. I can hardly wait to see what else you do with MD.

@Wonderland, Edward is great! And you've made him look quite dashing as a double-0 spy. He looks equally good in both images.

Hiro Protagonist, Wow. That's quite the clothing kitbash you've got going on there! And the brothers wear it all very well.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238
    edited February 2018

I keep wanting to add Finn (my favorite of the Edward products) to the thread.

Finn.jpg
    1592 x 1221 - 717K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

An Officer and a Gentleman

I want one ........please .....(sigh)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I have the DAZ Genesis 8 Head Morphs but if I want variety of wrinkles can I buy Finn and get them? Or does Finn's wrinkles come included with Edward 8 and not the Finn model itself?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Not totally positive but the HD add-on comes with Edward ..

carrie58 said:

Oh, that's right. Thanks.

I have the DAZ Genesis 8 Head Morphs but if I want variety of wrinkles can I buy Finn and get them? Or does Finn's wrinkles come included with Edward 8 and not the Finn model itself?

I have both, but I'm rendering Edward now, so I can't answer your question. If no one else does by the time the render is done, I'll see what I can find out for you.

L'Adair said:

I have both, but I'm rendering Edward now, so I can't answer your question. If no one else does by the time the render is done, I'll see what I can find out for you.

Thanks.

carrie58 said:

I'm pretty sure Daz requires Promo images represent the figure accurately, So if Finn has more/stronger wrinkles than Edward, they will be modeled in, but probably require the Edward head morph to achieve. Give me a few minutes. I'll pause my render, (which is using the beta,) and take a look at Edward and Finn for you... Be back in a few...

• carrie58 said:

An Officer and a Gentleman

I want one ........please .....(sigh)

Don't we all wink

@nonesuch00, I've got a side-by-side of Finn with and without Edward cooking at the moment, but I think it's safe to say you can be confident buying just Finn. I like him better with Edward, but that's just personal preference. Finn definitely has more wrinkles than Edward.

I'll be posting two headshot images in a bit, one of the two Edwards, (HD and not,) with Finn in between; And the one of Finn mentioned above. Might be another ten minutes or so.

L'Adair said:

@nonesuch00, I've got a side-by-side of Finn with and without Edward cooking at the moment, but I think it's safe to say you can be confident buying just Finn. I like him better with Edward, but that's just personal preference. Finn definitely has more wrinkles than Edward.

I'll be posting two headshot images in a bit, one of the two Edwards, (HD and not,) with Finn in between; And the one of Finn mentioned above. Might be another ten minutes or so.

Thanks so much. I noticed that the Basic Bundle & Pro Bundle now includes the HD addon too which make Edward the best bundle yet. I'll have to check in Alexandra now has HD addon included too.

Decisions, decisions.

edited May 2021

Okay, here are the images. Full-size images are linked, and are 2K wide.

First up, Finn with 60% Edward and Finn without.

Finn and Finn

And second, Edward 8, Finn, and Edward 8 HD

Ed, Finn, and Ed HD

(And as it happens, @nonesuch00, I found something wrong with the render I was doing and had to stop it anyway. I wouldn't have noticed it so soon, if not for looking into this for you. So you helped me, too. Thank you!)
    laugh

L'Adair said:

Finn and Finn

Ed, Finn, and Ed HD

(And as it happens, @nonesuch00, I found something wrong with the render I was doing and had to stop it anyway. I wouldn't have noticed it so soon, if not for looking into this for you. So you helped me, too. Thank you!)
    laugh

No thank you. And I you've made up my mind I that those 3 products add enough to character creation that I should get the pro bundle.

L'Adair said:

laugh

No thank you. And I you've made up my mind I that those 3 products add enough to character creation that I should get the pro bundle.

I'm not sure if I should say, "You're welcome," or offer your wallet my condolences! wink

L'Adair said:

Yes, I tried to include pictures. I will post some more. Is it OK to link from Deviantart?

E.Bru said:
    L'Adair said:

Yes, I tried to include pictures. I will post some more. Is it OK to link from Deviantart?

I assume so. I've seen a lot of embedded images that are hosted on DA, and I've seen links to DA both in posts and signatures. I don't think you have to worry about linking to other sites, as long as they are "family friendly" and not a direct competitor to Daz. If you want to share an image that doesn't meet the TOS here, linking to the DA page with a "mature" disclaimer has worked for others.

edited May 2021

My latest is a series of images. The first image was for a Llola Lane challenge, using the shape "square." The focus of the image was the squares on the chess board, with a father and young daughter at the end of a game. You don't get a good look at either character, so I did companion images, one for each. Here's Edward 8, who arrived just in time for this scene.

Proud Papa

Proud Papa, by L'Adair

Here's the original, but small. If you want to see it larger, it links to the gallery page.

Father-Daughter Date Night

Father-Daughter Date Night

(If you're interested in the third image, you can see it on the gallery page here.)