Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Images] Pt 2

Comments

• ButchButch Posts: 797
    edited February 2018
    nemesis10 said:

I keep wanting to add Finn (my favorite of the Edward products) to the thread.

Yep, he is a cutie.  But I did find his included eyebrows a tad overpowering. 

Post edited by Butch on
  • E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180

An Indian (Hind) James Bond:

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2021

E.Bru, Bond is looking good. Gave it a thumbs up in the galleries.

(Anyone else want to Like the image, you can find it here.)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

Ah, my favourite thread <3 I've recently splurged and am now the proud owner of all the iconic male figures, including all the m8 figures. Thanks to DAZ for offering lots of free pro bundles with the already quite affordable new pro bundles. Im hoping to get some renders done soon and share them here!

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    edited March 2018

I enjoyed working with this G8M fellow...

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
    edited May 2021
    illysArt said:

I enjoyed working with this G9M Fellow. Couldn't get the image to show. It's in my gallery on this site. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Drake Slaughter, by illysArt

Click on the Quote button for this message and take a look at the image properties. Notice the URL on the Image Info tab is to the actual image, https://www.daz3d.com/galleryimage/image/533021/drake-slaughter_730_auto.png. The URL you were using for the image was to the gallery page, https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/533021/ Changes to the Galleries in 2021 mean image URLs are different, and Daz no longer has an option for resizing the images. You can open your gallery page, right-click on the image and then copy image address, (or similar, depending on the browser.) Paste that url into the image properties dialog.

Hope that helps.

As for the image...? Wow, does he look good. And capable. Barefoot or not, if I had to be in a fight I'd want him on my side.

Edited: Reduced the image size, now that illysArt has it embedded in the previous post.

• First render with Edward. I really like him.

edited March 2018

The next one:

Post edited by E.Bru on

Thank you @L'Adair

I was able to go back and fix it. I didn't notice I had the URL wrong. 

edited March 2018

And then there's this buff dude... A pleasure to work with.

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited March 2018

Officer

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2021
    illysArt said:

Thank you @L'Adair

You're welcome.

And here's a Pro tip for you: If you want to post a smaller image, like I did when I edited my post above, instead of copying the full sized image's URL, copy the URL of the resized image displayed. (I use Firefox, so I right click on the image and select Copy Image Location. Not sure what other browsers require.) The gallery uses code to resize the images and the URL of the displayed image will include "_730_" in the name, (minus the quotes, of course.) That value is the size of the image. If you use that URL you can have the forums use a smaller, faster loading image by setting the value smaller. For example, I changed the 730 to 250 in my post above. (You can go higher, but the mods will reset the image to the 800 pixels maximum, if it the image is larger. And the code cannot make an image larger than the original. So if the original is 500 wide, the gallery image will display at 500 wide, but the url will still have the 730 in it.)

There you have it… Everything you never wanted to know about Daz gallery images!
    laugh

Previous info on gallery images is no longer accurate, since Daz changed the Galleries in 2021.

• AlanDavisAlanDavis Posts: 10
    edited March 2018

Owen & Edward My first post here....hope you like It

Studio4 115.png
    3000 x 1914 - 8M
    Post edited by AlanDavis on
    L'Adair said:
    illysArt said:

Thank you @L'Adair

You're welcome.

And here's a Pro tip for you: If you want to post a smaller image, like I did when I edited my post above, instead of copying the full sized image's URL, copy the URL of the resized image displayed. (I use Firefox, so I right click on the image and select Copy Image Location. Not sure what other browsers require.) The gallery uses code to resize the images and the URL of the displayed image will include "_730_" in the name, (minus the quotes, of course.) That value is the size of the image. If you use that URL you can have the forums use a smaller, faster loading image by setting the value smaller. For example, I changed the 730 to 250 in my post above. (You can go higher, but the mods will reset the image to the 800 pixels maximum, if it the image is larger. And the code cannot make an image larger than the original. So if the original is 500 wide, the gallery image will display at 500 wide, but the url will still have the 730 in it.)

There you have it… Everything you never wanted to know about Daz gallery images!
    laugh

Hello @L'Adair

I would love to display it smaller. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't see how to add the _250_ to the image name. To resize, typically the code is ?size=250 but that doesn't work here.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Yay I love this thread, and I even have a picture to put in here *happy smile* A 3d pic of one of the characters I play in Guild Wars 2. Grumpy man being very grumpy, a very early morning and he hasn't gotten his first coffee yet. Haven't even gotten dressed yet :)

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Topher Takes on Nick: The Warm Up Round

Inordinately proud of how this, that started as a simple character work up doodle, turned out.

Casual

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Casual

Very nice

edited March 2018

The next one: 3Delight Render

Post edited by E.Bru on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

mal3Imagery, what hair are you using in your fabulous "An Officer and a Gentleman" portrait? 

RAMWolff said:

mal3Imagery, what hair are you using in your fabulous "An Officer and a Gentleman" portrait? 

It's a secret ;)  It's my own custom hair done in Blender using the hair particle system.  Still needs tweaking though, but it does the job nicely so far.

Here's something to get you wet.  Maybe.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

@Butch! Wow, he looks great. Love those briefs. =-)

@Serene Night    Thanks, but you know how models are.  I told him not to go in the water.  But do my models listen to me?  I made sure he hung them out to dry, before we went home wink

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Hahahah perhaps he went out into the water to get an excuse to hang them out to dry hm? *grins*

angry

Let's try this one, shall we? indecision

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/540941/

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I think the original is my preferred one, but the second one is not bad. Its just the original rides lower which I think I like best.

I think the original is my preferred one, but the second one is not bad. Its just the original rides lower which I think I like best.

indecision

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

the second one is the original ....after a sneeze.laugh