JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

hmm I need to buy a new deck of card... my old one got kinda eaten by the ferrets about 7 months ago *laughs* A deck of cards got totally destroyed, a book got chewed on and three pair of socks weren't found until a couple of days later ^^ Got to love those scoundrels

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

My youngest destroys and card desk within reaching distance creating stuff

• edited December 1969

One for you, and one for you, and one for you, and one for you....

Hands up who's in the UK?
    Hands up who's in Northern Ireland? (Chohole, I'm looking at you and your leprechaun avatar!) :)

Hands up how many of you own ferrets?

Hands up how many of you actually play drinking games at 8:30am on a Sunday morning?? :D

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Hands up how many of you actually play drinking games at 8:30am on a Sunday morning?? :D

Only if the game started Saturday evening ;-)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

Hands up who's in Northern Ireland? (Chohole, I'm looking at you and your leprechaun avatar!) :)

I am in the UK, but Wales, not Ireland. Both my sons did make it over the water to Eire and 5 of my grandchildren are over there as well, 4 of them are more than half Irish.

I also have a brother who is still a biker, although not so hairy now, and lives in England still, He is on 3 wheels now instead of 2, but fully back patched.

We used to keep ferrets, but now only have 2 crazy cats.

Pass on the last question.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Not in Uk or Ireland (but do want to visit sometime)

I used to have ferrets, does that count?

And... I usually never participate in drinking games...

it's official, I've become crazier than I already was :)

• edited December 1969

it's official, I've become crazier than I already was :)

Ta-daaaaaaa....! :wow:

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I live in the UK, I don't own a ferret and the last time I played a drinking game was at my sisters birthday party last year. For what it's worth though, ferrets look like they'd make adorable pets.

More JAS goodness below. Toying around with the subsurface shaders as usual, and my inevitable attempts at trying to squeeze every ounce of detail from the kids textures. Picked up some new kids textures including Lilly, Jamika and Lizzy. As always, my search continues for the very best and most detailed texture sets as I scour the interwebs. Until then, I'll make do with what I do find and polish it until it shines like a gemstone.

Matilde and Daniel try to escape the spooky halls of Parkside High. The original image had zombies in it, but in the end I felt it put them in too much of an immediate peril so i removed them in favour of the idea that they're sneaking around instead.

Survivors.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 428K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In the UK. No ferrets though I'd like a virtual one. Maybe Noggin can make one?

Two and a half cats. The half is next door's cat but they have the builders in so he spends all day in our house. They're all friends and even have lunch together. Yesterday the stripey cat started chasing magpies through the trees. The magpies won.

Married to a man of Irish descent - his grandfather came over from County Waterford to work as an electrician in a mine. I'm recovering from working all weekend last week as our start-up was in need. Think I will go make some vultures.

Did drinking games as a student. Many and varied. Now I can't drink more than a pint of beer and no Guinness at all as I have an allergy - it brings me out in hives - red itching patches. So I stick to wine.

Good image HofF. Hope they don't find anything too lethal. I used to run about old buildings like that as a kid - never thought about any dangers.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Nice renders! and nice to find out a bit more info about some of you.. it's quite a mysterious place sometimes ;)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Free Ferret morph for the Poser cat:
    http://www.multeweb.com/cauldron-arts/freebies.htm

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

While we're thinking about ferrets.....

Himself had one of his favourite beers this afternoon. Fursty Ferret by Badgers of Dorset.

BFerret.jpg
    175 x 213 - 28K
    edited December 1969

I still have to find that beer here in sweden, I want to try it *grins*

• edited December 1969

I *LOVE* all the ales in that particular range. Golden Glory is a particular favourite. :)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited May 2013

My latest PCI entry (again with a bald wizard in a hat) -- used Jack's Aslan Court 2, Aslan Court 1, and an old favorite, the Alchemy Chasm. :coolsmile: Rendered in DS4.5Pro/3Delight, postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Flower Heart, Lion's Arrow

PCI20130521-FlowerHeartLionArrow-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

I tried semi hard to get this done for Memorial day but I did not. Here it is anyway.

Title: They will not be Disturbed.

I hope some find it fitting.

They_shall_not_be_Disturbed-01.png
    1230 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

It looks great Jader! A question, what armor is he wearing?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It looks great Jader! A question, what armor is he wearing?
    Supersuit Black Knight Modified a little bit. And Thank you.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I tried semi hard to get this done for Memorial day but I did not. Here it is anyway.

Very nice! :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Me like!

edited December 1969

My latest PCI entry (again with a bald wizard in a hat) -- used Jack's Aslan Court 2, Aslan Court 1, and an old favorite, the Alchemy Chasm. :coolsmile: Rendered in DS4.5Pro/3Delight, postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Flower Heart, Lion's Arrow

Nice! Alchemy Chasm works pretty well with Aslan too :)

edited December 1969

Aslan works with lions too.... though I would assume they have a more fluffy place to actually sleep (even if tired cubs can sleep everythere)

Enjoy ^^

rangerwithhercats.png
    1500 x 843 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Aslan works with lions too.... though I would assume they have a more fluffy place to actually sleep (even if tired cubs can sleep everythere)

Enjoy ^^

Looks excellent, nice work :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Enjoy ^^

That looks really good

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Looks good... although I'm sure the one on the left looking up is just about to say "I see you've had the decorators in" or something... ;-)
    edited December 1969

Something like that *giggle*

And thanks for the nice comments guys *happy*

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2013

just the lamps are created by Jack, but I think it is a nice scene :) and the lamps were very helpfull so was able to set up two more linear point lights (have seven used in this render) :)

alley_nights_4533_-_Kopie.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 228K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    just the lamps are created by Jack, but I think it is a nice scene :) and the lamps were very helpfull so was able to set up two more linear point lights (have seven used in this render) :)

Nice render Cosmo! :)

This discussion has been closed.