Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

ribbet?  smiley

i am groot

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited February 2018

Ribbet, Ribbet

Most Morphs & poses work but a few have crossed over limbs, and yes the jaw opens !

Only problem found so far was that the Cornea shader had to be changed so that the Alpha had a value of 0%

Edit: Did some more morph & pose checking

Frog 1.png
    3076 x 1080 - 562K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

wow... the mouth opens.... how cool is that after all the ones that don't... no need for me to get it though, I already got the Hivewire frog months ago.. but good to see this one works in Carrara yes

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

thank you Stezza and Wendy for the additional information on the Hivewire Dog :) I'll avanothergo tonght.

Stezza said:

wow... the mouth opens.... how cool is that after all the ones that don't... no need for me to get it though, I already got the Hivewire frog months ago.. but good to see this one works in Carrara yes

looks like Frogs at ten paces. That new daz one looks terrific with the tadpole to adult transition.

Just did a few more checks - all is not well.

The Tadpole tail morph works as does the Vocal Sac and also the Tongue extension.

However the Froglet, Tadpole, Tadpole 2 legs, and Tadpole 4 legs morphs do not work with the combinations that I have tried.

Frog 3.png
    2276 x 1037 - 513K

what if you take the frog into the model room... apply the morph there then jump out.. that's what I had to do with the tassie devil by the same artist to get it to work..

Stezza said:

what if you take the frog into the model room... apply the morph there then jump out.. that's what I had to do with the tassie devil by the same artist to get it to work..

Will give it a try.

NPR render.

edited February 2018

By adjusting the morphs that work you are able to get tadpoles.

Also need to adjust the shader Alpha value on the eggs to get them transparent.

Frog Tadpoles 1.png
    2274 x 1040 - 402K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

i dont understand this one, presets are jpgs only

https://www.daz3d.com/neon-glow-lights-for-carrara

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 785
    edited February 2018

I purchased "Strands of Horror for Genesis 2". I can load the prop into Carrara and I can see the morphs, but when I change the values nothing happens. I've loaded the product into Daz  Studio and it works propery. I also tried saving it to a DUF file and opening it in Carrara. Same result. I see the morphs, but they don't work. I'm using Carrara Pro 8.5.1 Build 15 on a Mac. Any advice?

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 2.22.28 PM.png
    1808 x 913 - 351K
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on

I purchased "Strands of Horror for Genesis 2". I can load the prop into Carrara and I can see the morphs, but when I change the values nothing happens. I've loaded the product into Daz  Studio and it works propery. I also tried saving it to a DUF file and opening it in Carrara. Same result. I see the morphs, but they don't work. I'm using Carrara Pro 8.5.1 Build 15 on a Mac. Any advice?

at first guess i think those are renamed pose controls
    can you manually bend ?

2nd guess is the rigging type.
    what if you save it as blended weight? 

• Mistara,

Thanks for the response. Yes. I can manually bend each piece. What do you mean by "renamed pose controls"? Something like ERC?

Changing the rigging to blended wieght didn't make a difference. 

yep... if they are modeled the same as his ropes then nope... they won't work in Carrara... well, I can't get them to work no matter what I've tried.. I just end up shaping them in DS then exporting that as an obj then import that into Carrara 

no

• Thanks Stezza. That looks like my only option unless I want to adjust each element one by one.

yeah, erc smiley meanung thinking those aren;t real morphs, just poses

what if you apply those in ds, save as poses presets.

apply the pose in carrara at a later frame, then use the sequence scrubber 

doesn't work for me...

but if you export as an obj then pose the rope and export that as another object then import the first one into Carrara go into model room and import the 2nd one as a morph then save that out in your Presets folder it can help... a bit frown

• It didn't work for me either. I think exporting from Studio as an obj is the easiest approach. 

but we shouldnt have to do that, dag nabb itt

• We are Daz's bastard stepchildren!

mebbe is an ik thing? 

too many bones?

something with the y to z change?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited February 2018

Omnifreaker's Incantoo figures do not pose when their joints are rotated in Carrara.  I tried saving out of Studio as scene subsets.  In Carrara, I tried detaching the skeletons under the animation tab and then reattaching.  Nothing works so far.

In Carrara, both the model and the bone skeleton load within the animation group.  But the mesh does not move with the bones when posed.  They work in Studio.

ww01 incanoo skeleton omnifreaker not attached.JPG
    1860 x 1041 - 236K
    ww02 inantoo warrior.JPG
    1839 x 901 - 204K
    Post edited by Diomede on

RE: Incantoo Warrior

Was able to get some functionality by using the collada format exported from Studio and imported to Carrara

ww03 incantoo collada.JPG
    1378 x 930 - 174K

did you remember to convert to blended weight before exporting?

edited February 2018

trying out the skeleton

the convert to blended works.

bad news is the ercs for like blink, are pose controls.
    on the bright side, figure is face rigged, can manually close his eyes with the bone (tee hee, is that a pun)

cool

we've seen pose controls work on other figures, so, why these dont and is there an easy fix without recreating all these pose presets

his(her?) pose presets seem to work, 

attached preset, smiley

kwd SKU:47643  IncantooSkeleton

zip
    zip
    Incantoo Skeleton CA Preset.zip
    skeletonCapture.JPG
    1726 x 849 - 134K
    skeletonCapture2.JPG
    2080 x 959 - 206K
    Doc3.png
    650 x 500 - 445K
    Doc5.png
    650 x 500 - 252K
    Post edited by Mistara on

Thank you, Stezza an Misty.  Converting to blended works.  I forgot blush

hey guess what,

i submitted a ticket for a refund on the horror strands

sounds like they'll try to troubleshoot it !!

i'm psyched.  mebbe they care after all!

don't hold your breath

this is the answer I got after waiting three years!

Unfortunately, this product was never updated to work in Carrara.  Please note that at this time, 
    Carrara is not currently under active development, for any platform. Our current focus is DAZ Studio and the Genesis figure platform.

Unfortunately, we simply haven't had the resources for it.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,
    Jamie

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    Stezza said:

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,
    Jamie

love it

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited February 2018

the Protozoon piano does not even load in Carrara

I expected the keys not to affect the hammers etc unless saved as poses which I was going to do each note but nah does not even load just gets an error

Warning: file \data\Protozoon\HD Grand Piano and Poses\Grand Piano\Grand Piano.dsf could not be loaded
    Error: node /data/Protozoon/HD%20Grand%20Piano%20and%20Poses/Grand%20Piano/Grand%20Piano.dsf#Hammer%2001%20A0 not found

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • th3Digit said:

the Protozoon piano does not even load in Carrara

I expected the keys not to affect the hammers etc unless saved as poses which I was going to do each note but nah does not even load just gets an error

Warning: file \data\Protozoon\HD Grand Piano and Poses\Grand Piano\Grand Piano.dsf could not be loaded
    Error: node /data/Protozoon/HD%20Grand%20Piano%20and%20Poses/Grand%20Piano/Grand%20Piano.dsf#Hammer%2001%20A0 not found

Hi!

I don't have any experience of Carrara, but I'll try to figure out a workaround. Does Carrara support Daz rigging?

Protozoon