Sakura 8

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    3dOutlaw said:

Posted this in the IBLM thread as well, but gotta give the Sakura thread some love too!  Rendered in 3DL using IBLM.

Super, I've bought them, now I've got to try them out.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I picked them up too. Just need to find time to use them! 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2018

I finally got Sakura to work--now her eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows are showing up when I installed through Connect rather than DIM... I think she's adorable, but I'm definitely going into that uncanny valley with this one. Tried out Mec4D's Central Park HDRI (plus extra lights) with it and a drop of iPad postwork (still sick in bed with flu!) Central Park was my childhood stomping ground so I couldn't pass that up when it was on sale. I see her products are on sale again, but I really miss those loyalty rewards...

Very cute, Wonderland! So sorry to hear you've got the flu. We spent a good chunk of December sick with Influenza A. My entire family had it at the same time. Guess who was sick and got to stay up with sick kids? So glad it's over (it really wrecked Christmas this year!)

Post edited by Llynara on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    Cybersox said:

The face shapes by Fuseling are awesome!

@Pet, I used the rounded chin morph from the parameters tab

@jakiblue the skin is Nandi for V4 by Godin

I totally agree with you.  He fixed quite a few of my issues with that package.  

She.  IIRC, Fuseling and Sickleyield are sisters.

Thank you for the correction.  I get help from Sickleyield occasionally over on DA so knew about her  but didn't know about Fuseling.  

Spearcarrier thank you for doing a male morph for her.  

BTW what is the rule about mentioning other vendors on other sites? 

This is correct, Fuseling and I are sisters!  And I agree, her face morphs are pretty great. :)

•  

Cybersox said:

The face shapes by Fuseling are awesome!

@Pet, I used the rounded chin morph from the parameters tab

@jakiblue the skin is Nandi for V4 by Godin

I totally agree with you.  He fixed quite a few of my issues with that package.  

She.  IIRC, Fuseling and Sickleyield are sisters.

Thank you for the correction.  I get help from Sickleyield occasionally over on DA so knew about her  but didn't know about Fuseling.  

Spearcarrier thank you for doing a male morph for her.  

BTW what is the rule about mentioning other vendors on other sites? 

This is correct, Fuseling and I are sisters!  And I agree, her face morphs are pretty great. :)

Indeed they do. Been having alot of fun with them. Right now taking a break from making textures lol.  Getting eyestrain from the laptop screen.  Also trying to hunt down how to remap something when you have stretched the mesh in order to get them all to match.

•  

Liked the way this one came out. Sorry for the watermark I forgot about that lol

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

My first render of Sakura 8 and Pei. The Sakura face attachment threw me off at first and I thought the product was broken. These two outfits are actually for G3F from RPublishing available at another store. Sakura's outfit autofited fairly well but Pei's outfit's Jacket crashed DAZ about four times, until I give up and just moved, rotated, hid, and scaled around the shirt. I don't know if I will use Sakura 8 as much as say Mei Lin 7 but I think she will add to the gene pool. Pei is just awesome!

I had the same problem with that jacket it froze DS up and then crashed it.

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited January 2018

agent unawares said:

Final update: The eye misalignment was "created this way and will not be updated." Can't say I expected anything else, but I was hoping. I've returned everything related to her. Not dealing with this for a lone female figure no matter how cute.

I managed to get around the eye problem a little bit, because as much as I liked 3DOutlaw's eyes they wouldn't stay put and I'm into doing animation. I may still make a texture set for them, though, as I use them on other occasions. Maybe.

The eyeballs actually have a morph built into them to pull the eye back a bit. That worked on one character.

I release the parameter limits on the model's eyes itself and put a new limit on the head dial for side to side for no more than 150 to 160. So I still get an eye turn that's somewhat extreme, but doesn't pop out of the head so much.Up and down you apparently have to dance around like broken eggshells.

One on character things curved in a bit, but because I mostly use toon shaders that wasn't a problem. I went into the model itself and set all of its original eye bits to either be white or like water, so there were extra reflections and eyesocket galore. That worked well. Especially since I like shiny eyes.

On another things curved in a bit but I did an iray test and it looked fine.

I also found that if I give the eyes a smoothing modifier and dial things real low so that it only reacts to the inner socket that can work, but it's problematic so I stopped.

I think I already mentioned how with 3DOutlaw's eyes, I parented each eye ball part to the respective bones and didn't have to hunt down the tree anymore to get them to move. The head dial worked on them then. 

It's a real shame they won't even try to work on the matter. Let's raise a million bucks to get Littlefox to show them how it's done, eh? I'm only halfway joking.

Post edited by spearcarrier on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited January 2018

I managed to get around the eye problem a little bit, because as much as I liked 3DOutlaw's eyes they wouldn't stay put and I'm into doing animation. I may still make a texture set for them, though, as I use them on other occasions. Maybe.

The eyeballs actually have a morph built into them to pull the eye back a bit. That worked on one character.

I release the parameter limits on the model's eyes itself and put a new limit on the head dial for side to side for no more than 150 to 160. So I still get an eye turn that's somewhat extreme, but doesn't pop out of the head so much.Up and down you apparently have to dance around like broken eggshells.

One on character things curved in a bit, but because I mostly use toon shaders that wasn't a problem. I went into the model itself and set all of its original eye bits to either be white or like water, so there were extra reflections and eyesocket galore. That worked well. Especially since I like shiny eyes.

I also found that if I give the eyes a smoothing modifier and dial things real low so that it only reacts to the inner socket that can work, but it's problematic so I stopped.

I think I already mentioned how with 3DOutlaw's eyes, I parented each eye ball part to the respective bones and didn't have to hunt down the tree anymore to get them to move. The head dial worked on them then. 

It's a real shame they won't even try to work on the matter. Let's raise a million bucks to get Littlefox to show them how it's done, eh? I'm only halfway joking.

There are a lot of workarounds, I'm not going to bother with them unless a male counterpart appears to make it worth my while. It's just a really weird design as much as I love the character shape. It has the drawbacks of flat eyes (mainly, can't rotate properly) with the drawbacks of round eyes (mainly, difficult to get a proper anime look from the sides).

Luckily, I know if a male counterpart does appear Sakura will have turned up and continue to turn up on sale many, many times. laugh

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • agent unawares said:

Final update: The eye misalignment was "created this way and will not be updated." Can't say I expected anything else, but I was hoping. I've returned everything related to her. Not dealing with this for a lone female figure no matter how cute.

Can't disagree with you there. Although she is working on her Precious line right now. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea if she did work on it.  She does more toon style stuff than anybody. 

• All I can say is good luck on seeing a male counterpart. The females are what sells ....but we can hope.

• All I can say is good luck on seeing a male counterpart. The females are what sells ....but we can hope.

That would be why I made Fuyu - LOL. But even so I'm hoping for a male counterpart myself. Sometimes there are more male characters in my stories than females, and having a variety is helpful. Until then I can use Hitoro for a lot of things. He can be made to match Sakura's style right on, and toon shaders eliminate a shading issue.

That would be why I made Fuyu - LOL. But even so I'm hoping for a male counterpart myself. Sometimes there are more male characters in my stories than females, and having a variety is helpful. Until then I can use Hitoro for a lot of things. He can be made to match Sakura's style right on, and toon shaders eliminate a shading issue.

Hitoro?  And yes I am making use iof Fuyu as well.  I must have been a prophet when I mentioned fit control coming out for Gen 8 earlier in the thread. Bought it this morning. That should solve the fit issues I was having.  I am usually doing about 50/50 myself why it is so iritating when they do a niche , and yes I have to say that, they don't support all the needs for it.  I.E. a matching male.  Why I made use of a lot of LittleFox's stuff is because she understands that.  You need male and female.  There is a manga item for Gen 8 male and female on another site. That got the faces down pretty well but the eyes keep reminding me of Gollum from LOTR. 

• 3dOutlaw said:

Posted this in the IBLM thread as well, but gotta give the Sakura thread some love too!  Rendered in 3DL using IBLM.

Super, I've bought them, now I've got to try them out.

what is IBLM? Pardon me i've not yet had my coffee today. Lovely image tho, I need to follow her example...

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

I found that about 50% Sakura is max you can go without totally deforming the default eyeballs. Also here is a quick render.  is 50% sakura head  and 50% other shape while using native eyeballs.

would want to do some corrective measures to the eyes, but since just a test and i have stuff to do i didn't here.

Lated EDIT: figured it was worth mentioning I don't use iray and use octane render. so this isn't a representation of the iray presets in any way, shape or form. for better  or for worse. And this isn't the auto generated settings for octane, i heavily (but very quickly) adjusted the settings for the purposes of my test. 

Ok... you sold me.  Guess I'm going to have to buy this now.  Just curious... Why do you use Octane render? 

Octane render gives me a lot of control that I still find lacking in iray for DS. Overall its more empowering, faster and gives you more control. Not to derail but since you asked:

• Its faster than iray both rendering and while working a scene (in realtime i can move the HDR, lights etc around and see it interactively udpate in the prevew)
    • it has a lot more features and controls to adjust speed, quality, features etc
    • I have more visibility into memory management, you can manually reduce texture size per texture, or use memory not inside the GPU while still using the GPU for rendering( less of an issue for me now that i have 8gb, but still a thing),
    • the material editor makes so much more sense than the daz surfaces tool
    • it works outside of daz studio
    • autosave render feature (like i set for saving every 15 mins if its a long render)
    • better camera features (i can lock the octane render windows camera, while using another to edit poses for example)
    • a crap ton of render options (render by material group, ambient occusion or about 20 other options)
    • a lot of options to adjust general performance
    • node based materials is amazing compared to daz solution
    • i can render 360 visualizations (daz camera can't do this so you do export to octane standalone, however it preserves your materials and lighting perfectly. this is the ONLY thing I export to Octane standalone. I use Daz Octane Plugin 99% of the time.)
    ThatGuy said:

Also, remember that Gen 7 gave us both Aiko AND Keiko because the two were so distinct.

exactly!

Oh no, I noticed that the Keiko bundle is the Mega Manga bundle. I wrangled some money to together and slapped the purchase button!  Oh no, this month has been to many good deals! LOL!

thats how i feel. now i need to use all this stuff.

Thank you. I purchased reality when I first started with Daz but I found it very difficult to use. At times I liked the render better, at other times not as much. It was much faster than rendering in Daz using iray though. Am I right in assuming that octane and reality are similar. 

@freni-kyn I used reality years ago too. The slow rendering speeds is what led me to Octane. Reality/Lux and Octane are only similiar in that they are both unbiased renderers, like iRay. I much prefer Octane over Reality, but  I haven't used it in a long time so  I don't know if it continued to improve. 

j cade said:

Aight... Anybody want to test this out and make sure I have this all working

2 morphs, both found under head>face>eyes>stylized edit: they are named Sakura Use Default eyes and Sakura Default Eyes Iris Oval

1st sticks the default eyes where they should be (I set it up all proper so it should be at a value of either 0, or 1 you shouldn't need to set it at any intermediary values it will automatically blend with however strong you have Sakura)

2nd morph makes the iris shape oval, its optional, but gives a better look. Set it at what strength looks good to you.

There is one other thing you will probably want to do, but that I cannot share so you'll have to do yourself:

To make the iris properly big you are going to need to set the limits of the iris size morph to something more than 100%

• click the gear to the left of the morph slider
    • select "parameter settings" and set the max limit higher to something like 200
    • now you can set the slider higher, but wait! the iris still seems to stop growing at 100% what is this?
    • Iris Size is actually a controller morph that controls 2 secret hidden morphs rather than moving the mesh itself. We need to change the limits on a secret hidden morph as well; luckily this isn't actually hard, in fact its actually pretty much the same thing we just did.
    • make sure you have the normal Iris Size morph dialed in a bit (this will make it much easier to find the morph its secretly controlling)
    • In th top left of the parameters tab click the properties (triangle and 4 lines) and make sure "Show Hidden Properties" is on
    • in the top of where all the morphs are go to currently used, provided you don't have a bunch of other morphs applied you should quickly find a greyed out morph called PHMEyesIrisSize_pos (alternatively you can just search for this directly)
    • Do the same thing with the limits you did for the Iris size morph
    • since you only adjusted the positive max for the iris size you only need to change the positive secret morph the other one you don't need to worry about
    • go to file>save as>support asset>save modified asset so these changes will be saved to the figure and you can continue dialing bigger eyes going forwards.

So just to make sure I understand this.... is this morph for Genesis 8 eyes, or Sakura eyes? I mean does it make Genesis 8 eyes fit Sakura, or help sakura eyes fit Genesis 8 better? Sorry for my confusion :)

@DisparateDreamer  default eyes on sakura!

Thanks, I'll check out octane if I don't like the new render release I just bought.  It's supposed to give me great renders without needing to switch video cards, and since I have a high end amd card that could not be passed up.  Maybe I will finally get fast renders.

Bought Sakura and love it... I'm not keen on those eyes though, they did some weird and laughable things when I tried them out on a different character.  If you are buying her because you think you can use the eyes on a regular character, think again.  :)

Noswen said:

Nicely done Karuki, also inspired me to have a try at applying a different skin to see how it came out, this one is Tonya, though a much simpler render than your ones.

I was surprised at just how high I had to set the render settings to get rid of the fireflies on the skin, even setting it to 99.9% convergence wasn't enough, I also had to increase the rendering quality setting. Thankfully with such a simple scene the time was not long even with that.

Nice job!  love it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2018
    freni-kyn said:

Bought Sakura and love it... I'm not keen on those eyes though, they did some weird and laughable things when I tried them out on a different character.  If you are buying her because you think you can use the eyes on a regular character, think again.  :)

You can.

Unparent them (Eyes and Sockets iirc) from Sakura, then save as a Subset; I did an associated image. They're easily available elsewhere then. (have to turn on Sakura head so the shape and eyes disappear, otherwise you would need to manually adjust, and invis the eye.)

Post edited by nicstt on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited January 2018

Hi @spearcarrier,  I wanted to let you know that there is an update that is in testing now, which adds a BONUS eye figure to Sakura Eyes.  It takes the same textures, template, reflections, etc, but is a figure that "Fits To" and works like G8F eyes.  This makes it REAL easy to blend and mix Sakura with others, while using the standard eye dials, etc.  (it does need j.cade's free morph to work with Sakura)  It makes it much easier to work with!  Hopefully it will process through very soon, and should address the issue you mention.

Once I saw j.cade's morph, I realized I could make it easier for my customers, so I made this figure-based eye set, and am just including in in a free update cheeky

They will work with G8F default, or any mix that I've tried so far.

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • pdspds Posts: 593
    3dOutlaw said:

Once I saw j.cade's morph, I realized I could make it easier for my customers, so I made this figure-based eye set, and am just including in in a free update cheeky

Fantastic! Definitely looking forward to this. Thank you!

• Indeed . I hope it shows in the product upodate since I already have your set :D

• noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Hitoro?  And yes I am making use iof Fuyu as well.  I must have been a prophet when I mentioned fit control coming out for Gen 8 earlier in the thread. Bought it this morning. That should solve the fit issues I was having.  I am usually doing about 50/50 myself why it is so iritating when they do a niche , and yes I have to say that, they don't support all the needs for it.  I.E. a matching male.  Why I made use of a lot of LittleFox's stuff is because she understands that.  You need male and female.  There is a manga item for Gen 8 male and female on another site. That got the faces down pretty well but the eyes keep reminding me of Gollum from LOTR. 

Hitoro and Kioki are a pair based on Aiko and Hiro 3. Capsces is the one that put 'em out... tonnes and I mean tonnes of morphs. They're my favorite models, and I use them for a lot of things.

It figures the Gen8 autofit would come out after my wallet was flattened for the month. Alas! I have to wait.

• 3dOutlaw said:

Hi @spearcarrier,  I wanted to let you know that there is an update that is in testing now, which adds a BONUS eye figure to Sakura Eyes.  It takes the same textures, template, reflections, etc, but is a figure that "Fits To" and works like G8F eyes.  This makes it REAL easy to blend and mix Sakura with others, while using the standard eye dials, etc.  (it does need j.cade's free morph to work with Sakura)  It makes it much easier to work with!  Hopefully it will process through very soon, and should address the issue you mention.

Oh that's exciting! I can't wait to try it out. I already have some textures I had started to make based on one of my other texture sets. I should go back to making it.

• edited January 2018

noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Hitoro and Kioki are a pair based on Aiko and Hiro 3. Capsces is the one that put 'em out... tonnes and I mean tonnes of morphs. They're my favorite models, and I use them for a lot of things.

It figures the Gen8 autofit would come out after my wallet was flattened for the month. Alas! I have to wait.

Okay that jogged my memory.  I do have Hitori but didn't get Kioki for some reason. That surprises me actually. Been playing with Fuyu most of the afternoon.  He doesn't look to bad with a beard. 

Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    3dOutlaw said:

Thank you.

• @noshoba, you've got Fuyu looking like he's running drugs in the East. LOL! Looks great. 

• @noshoba, you've got Fuyu looking like he's running drugs in the East. LOL! Looks great. 

Oh my ribs hurt from laughing at that.  Actually when I can get the textures done on something else he will look like something else entirely. There are a few things hidden that I am still working on.  The hair I am still fiddling with.  PLus I need to find the base Gen 8 template so I can make a skin texture for him and for her.  I need the Uvs so I can line things up properly.  

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I did my first 'real' Sakura render last night. well, actually I think it's Kirie, but you know, Sakura-based.

Dreaming hard of non-Sakura-flip male. (The flipped version is also cool but....)

floating anime girl.png
    4000 x 4000 - 5M
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Hey all, the Sakura Eyes update is available!  Hope it adds to your fun with this cool new Anime character!  cheeky

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited January 2018

3dOutlaw, what is the update about?

Did a pic with poor little cold kitten-Sakura. Inspired by all the stray cats outside :'( All my cats are rescues. I just hate seeing homeless animals ... 
    Sakura of course, with a mix of stuff from Rarestone and snow shaders by Mec4d.

Post edited by Chohole on