Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 2017

Happy Holidays

Don't get caught with the fairies and elfs  sneaking a peak at the presents under the Christmas tree :)

Happy Holidays.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 280K
    don't get caught.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 271K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Merry Christmas

Thank you very much Bigh and thanks for your support all year I appreciated it alot :)

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Seasons greetings to you, too

Pesky little fairie ... cheeky

glaseye said:

Seasons greetings to you, too

Pesky little fairie ... cheeky

You as well.  :)

edited December 2017

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Hark The Herald Angels Sing.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 118K
    Post edited by Ivy on

This animation won 3rd place at renderosity holiday animation contest.

Click To Watch

good for you yes

Thank you very much BigH. :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Wonderful.  Very well done. Congratulations.  Hope your holidays were great. 

Thank you very much Diomede,

yes I had a very uneventful holiday just the way I like them :) How was yours?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

My holidays?  I went south to Dallas to get warmer (and to spend time with family).  Not much luck because it has been in the 20s.  Headed back north because if I am going to be cold, would rather be in my own home.  Thanks for asking.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Great job on your Santa's Sleigh Ride

Thank you very much nonesuch00.  

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Congratulations on your 3rd place....

(And wink, couldn't help notice an old item that apparently still had some use left.....)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Really love the render with the fairy getting caught.  Super cute!

And great job on the Christmas animation!  Your timing on the hooves hitting the roof was impeccable.  I really enjoyed this one.  And congrats on the 3rd place, that's awesome!

Thank you guys so much for the sweet comments.

@glasseye yes I still use them old Sky domes.  they actually work better than some of the new ones I have picked up  and someone released some poser-dome textures that fit it great so it expanded my arsenal of use for it :)

edited February 2018

Ms Mouse Adventure Gallery post

Ms Mouse is a fisty mystical mouse girl who wishes to be human more than anything,  On her own she pushes on, searches the empty caves and mystical lands of the dark worlds long forgotten,  looking,hoping to find little tib-bits of magical items to help her some day rid her of that dastardly tail.

Rendered in Iray , Items used .Hand painted photoshop back grounds with some stonemasons cloud props added. custom Lighting .

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Love her whiskers. Did you paint them on in post?

Thank you very much for the comment. 

The character is named VH Pearl for Genesis 2 Female by Godin

Te outfit  Midnight Huntress for Genesis 2 Female(s)

• Ah cool, thank you. Gives me some ideas (when I learn how to make my own textures, still stuck there lol)

edited February 2018
    TheMonk said:

Ah cool, thank you. Gives me some ideas (when I learn how to make my own textures, still stuck there lol)

making texture add-ons is pretty easy if you got a photo editing program  that allows you to edit in layers .  then you can paint over the orginal texture and save as a new texture with the new painted add-ons, this character was gifted to me by the Pa awhile back and I am just getting around to playing with her

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Oh adding on to a texture probably won't be too much of an issue, as I know my way around Photoshop and Corel Painter and have done similar things to digital paintings a number of times (adding freckles etc). I need to learn how to make the complete package. My new character Ana needs her own skin :)

TheMonk said:

Oh adding on to a texture probably won't be too much of an issue, as I know my way around Photoshop and Corel Painter and have done similar things to digital paintings a number of times (adding freckles etc). I need to learn how to make the complete package. My new character Ana needs her own skin :)

I started off learning painting over-lays  with some merchant resources skins textures I picked up in the Daz store to practice with in Photoshop myself , I found it was a simpler way of trying to learn to make my own textures addons I was mostly trying to learn how to make my own face make up for some of my characters I had made..  Plus with the merchant resources textures if your project  turns out really good and you want to sell it, or give it away as a freebie you will be able too.   :) other wise you may need to work a deal with the original Pa or maker of the texture you used to buy a license from them so you can redistribute it.

• I am going to get some merchant skin bases as soon as I can, hopefully in teh next week or so,  but am learning (doing some courses) general 3d stuff as well, which will include proper texturing etc and will hopefully at some point be able to create my own from scratch, and therefore own all rights to it. Eventually I would like Ana to be a potentially sale-able asset, but she lacks her own assets, is basically not much more than a .obj morph and any renders I have in my thread are using textures off other figures I own, such as Vivienne and others (favoring light freckled ones atm).

Thanks for the tips.

Thank you Monk . Good luck with your project :

Morning traffic  # Gallery

pretty slow there smileyyes

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Ivy said:

Ms Mouse Adventure Gallery post

Ms Mouse is a fisty mystical mouse girl who wishes to be human more than anything,  On her own she pushes on, searches the empty caves and mystical lands of the dark worlds long forgotten,  looking,hoping to find little tib-bits of magical items to help her some day rid her of that dastardly tail.

Rendered in Iray , Items used .Hand painted photoshop back grounds with some stonemasons cloud props added. custom Lighting .

These are stunning!  I love her tail.

bigh said:

pretty slow there smileyyes

Sunday morning :)