Sakura 8

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

I hate her chin and her nose. I've also had problems with her eyes. Some renders make her look beautiful, but everything I've done makes her look awful. I've even thought about returning her. To be honest, I think I prefer Star! (Sorry). I'm not giving up on Sakura yet, but I'm really struggling to get a great render with her (which, to be honest, I'm also struggling to do with most G8F characters that I have - So I've mainly stuck with G3). crying

I thought Anatomical Elements were supposed to be included in Pro Bundles? Unless the reason that they aren't, is because the character is supposed to be young? 

Did you try the shaping options for her? There are several sliders included with Sakura to adjust her nose and chin shape. And don't forget that you can also use any shaping morphs you already have on her, too.

I thought the genital prop/texture omission was odd as well, but it doesn't concern me, They didn't even give the torso texture any nipples! None of her Pro Bundle characters have them, either. So apparently Sakura must be super underage or something...even Josie had nipple textures (which I thought was really weird.)

• Here is my 1st render of Sakura 8. I think she has morph flexibility than I was expecting. I hope they create a similarly flexible male, called, I don't know, Ginkgo, because being cheery, pretty, and good smelling isn't tough, although it is the female Ginkgo that stink not the male.

That is a very nice render , were using Iray or 3DL? 

I think we all are hoping for a male companion.  I had hoped for the same for Keiko 6 and Star 2.0.  Only one that actually got one was Aiko 7 with Kenji 7.  Might have to play around with the dials abit,  some of Sakura's morphs might make for a semi decent male .  On the bishie side but would help.  Heck I put a fairly decent male version of Star 2.0 that way. 

Thanks. I used iRay but the old Genesis 2 3DL content was either just manually converted with the UberiRay preset or in the case of the Butterfly Pavilion I let the iRay renderer autoconvert.

The male you created is quite good as he does look masculine but still uniquely anime. I have both Aiko 7 & Kenji 7 too and they mix quite well with other morphs.

Thanks. As for Aiko 7 and Kenji they actually go very well together even if they  are more Final Fantasy  than real anime if you know what I mean.  Not quite as bad as that  abomination that was the live action Ghost in the Shell but was getting there.  I was making use of the Sakura add on for Keiko 6 a great deal because she actually was pretty close to what I was looking for. Unfortunately Keiko didn't get alot support  along with most of the Genisis 2 generation. I blame that more on the Iray render engine coming out than anything else. 

I use 3DL because it has more toon look with the right lighting vs the Iray.  Now when I want a very realistic render then I use Iray  almost exclusively for that.  For example I use Chris Schell's Macross style veritech fighters and his alternative history aircraft and for those I do want it to look as real as possible. Actually one of those is the only thing in my gallery on here lol. 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2018

I hate her chin and her nose. I've also had problems with her eyes. Some renders make her look beautiful, but everything I've done makes her look awful. I've even thought about returning her. To be honest, I think I prefer Star! (Sorry). I'm not giving up on Sakura yet, but I'm really struggling to get a great render with her (which, to be honest, I'm also struggling to do with most G8F characters that I have - So I've mainly stuck with G3). crying

I thought Anatomical Elements were supposed to be included in Pro Bundles? Unless the reason that they aren't, is because the character is supposed to be young? 

Well since I'm really not into toon and stylized characters I agree about the Sakura 8 base chin and nose.  The first thing I did was use the rounded chin morphs that came with the figure. But that nose. None of the multitude of morphs changed the pointiness.  So I dialed in a little bit of other characters and the nose got better. I still find her eyes odd and overly complicated too.  Here is a character I'm working on now.

wow just discovered the eyelash morphs, wow

Nana Sakura 8.png
    936 x 882 - 637K
    Nana Sakura 8 el.png
    936 x 882 - 643K
    Nana Sakura 8.png
    936 x 882 - 637K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • I hate her chin and her nose. I've also had problems with her eyes. Some renders make her look beautiful, but everything I've done makes her look awful. I've even thought about returning her. To be honest, I think I prefer Star! (Sorry). I'm not giving up on Sakura yet, but I'm really struggling to get a great render with her (which, to be honest, I'm also struggling to do with most G8F characters that I have - So I've mainly stuck with G3). crying

Well since I'm really not into toon and stylized characters I agree about the Sakura 8 base chin and nose.  The first thing I did was use the rounded chin morphs that came with the figure. But that nose. None of the multitude of morphs changed the pointiness.  So I dialed in a little bit of other characters and the nose got better. I still find her eyes odd and overly complicated too.  Here is a character I'm working on now.

That isn't bad at all . 

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited January 2018

Evidently I feel oposite of a lot of folks here, I like making the nose even pointier and more triagle-y :)

Moar of my using my Sakura eye morph helper. the character has the sakura head morph dialed in 72% a transferred Aiko 7 about 45% Tofusan's really great anime head morph about 12% plus a bunch of other morphs.

Also featuring another thing I whipped up which is a very, very basic geograft to remove the nostrils, a geograft works way better for this than a morph if you're wondering, morphs have way more difficulty blending smoothly

This is another thing I probably should release, but ugh, packaging it up. If I do stick it up somewhere It will probably be as is, no smart content, nothing to apply textures (its really simple to get the textures)

sakuraeyes2.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 760K
    Post edited by j cade on
  • j cade said:
    Also featuring another thing I whipped up which is a very, very basic geograft to remove the nostrils, a geograft works way better for this than a morph if you're wondering, morphs have way more difficulty blending smoothly

yes

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

That sharp line down the middle doesn't work for me either. I see where it's coming from, a lot of drawn anime has literally just a 2 lines or even 1 to barely hint at a nose from an angle, so it looks pointy and sharp.

But from the front I don't think I ever saw an anime drawn with a center sharp line like that. 

Or then it's barely more than a point.

So yeah, obviously there aren't too many rules but it's an odd artistic choice I wouldn't have made.

• j cade said:

Evidently I feel oposite of a lot of folks here, I like making the nose even pointier and more triagle-y :)

Moar of my using my Sakura eye morph helper. the character has the sakura head morph dialed in 72% a transferred Aiko 7 about 45% Tofusan's really great anime head morph about 12% plus a bunch of other morphs.

This is another thing I probably should release, but ugh, packaging it up. If I do stick it up somewhere It will probably be as is, no smart content, nothing to apply textures (its really simple to get the textures)

Wow, she's adorable!!!!!! I wish I had your luck with Aiko 7 transfer, for me the transfer deforms her eyeballs badly, even at a low amount, on G8. :( Girl 7 the same. Bummer.... I dont know what Tofusan's anime morph is but I'll have to find it. And huzzah for geografts, i use them in a pinch too. I just wish that tere was a separate Eyes/Brows/lashes to load and apply manually to G8 rather than loading in ONLY the Sakura full preload.. It defeats the purpose of being able to load Sakura without...  For the first day I kept trying to apply sakura to G8 and wondering why she didn't have the brows/lashes/eyes. Really hope Daz will fix that.

Love your work on Sakura :)

• j cade said:

Wow, she's adorable!!!!!! I wish I had your luck with Aiko 7 transfer, for me the transfer deforms her eyeballs badly, even at a low amount, on G8. :( Girl 7 the same. Bummer.... I dont know what Tofusan's anime morph is but I'll have to find it. And huzzah for geografts, i use them in a pinch too. I just wish that tere was a separate Eyes/Brows/lashes to load and apply manually to G8 rather than loading in ONLY the Sakura full preload.. It defeats the purpose of being able to load Sakura without...  For the first day I kept trying to apply sakura to G8 and wondering why she didn't have the brows/lashes/eyes. Really hope Daz will fix that.

Love your work on Sakura :) PS what is that freaking adorable hair on her???? 

• Well looks like Fuseling to the rescue.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2018

First render I've been happy with.

Tweaked skin texutes and shape, but basically Sakura.

Tweaked it slightly.

Sakura.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 325K
    Sakura 1.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 325K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    Crescent said:

Hopefully they do come out with the male counterpart, but worst case scenario you can use unhide the G8 male clone and use that as a morph to make a male figure.  The fingers need joint center tweaking and I'd probably use a few morphs to make the face a little more masculine, but out of the box the results are pretty decent.

This is why I wish someone like Singular Blues would figure-out how to easily transfer morphs between Genesis 8 Female & Male like a GenX2 update would have been able to do, because even with G8M out earlier than its predecessors, this months' two figures still show that not every female is necessarily getting a new partner...

Well, unless Charlotte and Sakura's partners get the same treatment as Lucian and Dante did, that being coming-out a month later than female partners, respectively. Still, not holding my breath...

I have every G8 flagship female but Josie converted to male. It's not actually hard and a couple of them are surprisingly gorgeous.

But did you convert them via a conventient scirpt like GenX or Singular Blues' or did you do it all yourself with Transfer Utility and all the OBJ & ERC work involved with it?

Transfer Utility. What OBJ and ERC work? There wasn't any.

Did you do it this way? https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916

• BeaconHill74BeaconHill74 Posts: 2
    edited January 2018

My first render of Sakura 8 and Pei. The Sakura face attachment threw me off at first and I thought the product was broken. These two outfits are actually for G3F from RPublishing available at another store. Sakura's outfit autofited fairly well but Pei's outfit's Jacket crashed DAZ about four times, until I give up and just moved, rotated, hid, and scaled around the shirt. I don't know if I will use Sakura 8 as much as say Mei Lin 7 but I think she will add to the gene pool. Pei is just awesome!

AnimeCosplay1.jpg
    1040 x 833 - 298K
    Post edited by BeaconHill74 on
  • edited January 2018

Was playing with using Sakura as a dial in  instead of just out right. Yeah the eyes are a total lost cause.  Kind of surprised no one has done a set of anime eyes for the Genesis 8 figures yet. 

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2018

Was playing with using Sakura as a dial in  instead of just out right. Yeah the eyes are a total lost cause.  Kind of surprised no one has done a set of anime eyes for the Genesis 8 figures yet. 

Unparent them from Sakura, then save as a Subset; I did an associated image. They're easily available elsewhere then.

Sakura 8 Eye Sockets and Eye Balls.png
    512 x 512 - 125K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nicstt said:

Unparent them from Sakura, then save as a Subset; I did an associated image. They're easily available elsewhere then.

What type of subset? I actually liked this one enough to save as a character preset.  

nicstt said:

What type of subset? I actually liked this one enough to save as a character preset.  

I unparented the Eye Balls and Eye Sockets from Sakura 8; then save a scene subset of just the eye ball and eye socket.

Once done move them to a suitable place; I have a lot of customised folders, one of which is for subsets (not the default location for them). I can then load the subset of the eyes ball/socket and fit to another character I want to use manga/anime eyes with.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that is GORGEOUS! that's not sakura's skin is it?  

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited January 2018
    Crescent said:

Hopefully they do come out with the male counterpart, but worst case scenario you can use unhide the G8 male clone and use that as a morph to make a male figure.  The fingers need joint center tweaking and I'd probably use a few morphs to make the face a little more masculine, but out of the box the results are pretty decent.

This is why I wish someone like Singular Blues would figure-out how to easily transfer morphs between Genesis 8 Female & Male like a GenX2 update would have been able to do, because even with G8M out earlier than its predecessors, this months' two figures still show that not every female is necessarily getting a new partner...

Well, unless Charlotte and Sakura's partners get the same treatment as Lucian and Dante did, that being coming-out a month later than female partners, respectively. Still, not holding my breath...

I have every G8 flagship female but Josie converted to male. It's not actually hard and a couple of them are surprisingly gorgeous.

But did you convert them via a conventient scirpt like GenX or Singular Blues' or did you do it all yourself with Transfer Utility and all the OBJ & ERC work involved with it?

Transfer Utility. What OBJ and ERC work? There wasn't any.

Did you do it this way? https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Transferring-Character-Morphs-G1G2G3G8-409437916

Nope.

EDIT: Some of it's applicable obviously because we both use Transfer Utility, but what I did is simpler. A lot of that is unnecessary going from G3 to G8.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    nicstt said:

Tweaked it slightly.

May I ask what hair you have used here. I looked everywhere but can not find it.

Lovely work.

Pet

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

Can  you tell me where to find that  rounded chin morph?

LOVELY character by the way. 

Pet

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Asbolutely lovely, AllieKat! Jcade's version is very nice too! 

Pet said:
    nicstt said:

Tweaked it slightly.

May I ask what hair you have used here. I looked everywhere but can not find it.

Lovely work.

Pet

It's this one: https://www.daz3d.com/jade-tiger-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    Pet said:

Can  you tell me where to find that  rounded chin morph?

LOVELY character by the way. 

Pet

The chin width morph that comes in Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs does a very good job of rounding out Sakura's chin.
    Face  -->  Cheeks and Jaw  -->  Chin Width

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001
    edited January 2018

Okay, so I caved the day before yesterday and got Sakura 8. Yesterday I played with only her morphs (since other than Tara, I don't have any G8F characters). I'm still on the fence about the pointy nose, but I got a decent character as show in the render below. Certain angles or close ups are not very flattering to me, but since I don't have that many morphs to mix in, couldn't really make her nose better looking.

Today I worked on trying to parent Sakura's brow, lashes and eyes to a Gen3 female. After some trial and error, I managed it, BUT I couldn't get the eyelashes to work. The only bad thing about doing it this way, is that it becomes difficult to pose the eyebrows. I also couldn’t get the script to change the eye color to work once I deleted Sakura, but doing it manually was no big deal. I added some emission to her eyes to make it shiny. Note that I also dialed to 65% the anime head for G3 available at sharecg. I'll keep trying to make Sakura's eyelashes work on a G3F but I like the result thus far.  

Here's the G3 female render with some postwork in photoshop.

Sakura03.jpg
    1391 x 3228 - 2M
    Gen3-Sakuraeyes.jpg
    1391 x 3228 - 3M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • edited January 2018

I would say you got pretty good results. It would seem a few of the new G8 figures are coming out with custom brows and lashes.  I used the ones from Aisling to get the thicker brows I wanted.  I finally got the eyes to work as well. Thing is I don't really have a problem with the pointy nose or chin.  But what I have been trying to get rid of is the chipmunk cheeks.  Trying get some of the narrower faced anime types made.  Fuseling's shapes are helping in that department. . 

Kasumi 4.png
    568 x 665 - 525K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • agent unawares said:

They're not going to redesign her Anime Eyes to be perfectly round, because that's just now how anime eyes look.

Annnnnd that's not what I'm asking for, I'm asking for eyes that don't show copious amount of the inner socket when turned. They can still have oblong irises and everything. In fact there are multiple ways to fix this and none of them require non-anime-style eyes (remodeling around spherical eyes, however, is by far the easiest, again, see Precious).

Do I think this will ever be fixed? Not really.

I wish they WOULD fix it. I got Sakura 8 and was very excited. For years I've been sticking to Aiko3 Kioki and Hiro3 Hitori because of the look and sheer morphing features. With this one I thought, finally!

And while I love everything else about her, not being able to move the eyes around is a serious problem. A slight shift in eye movement is not enough to have my character look off to the side in sheer dread when that monster is sneaking up behind them. It's not enough for true eMOTION, especially not with my style.

To get around this I went into Genesis 8's eyes and took off their movement limits, so the eyes could move around. But another problem cropped up today. I created a character using only Sakura 8's morphs and a couple of free ones - nothing too extreme. But with the Sakura 8 only morphs even, the darned eyes show the sheath through the pupile no matter what I do. I've tried making deformer fixes. I've tried just about everything. I'm so frustrated with this model right now, and I even regret buying her. Even with the limits back on, this white thing shows through. No matter of turning off visibilities nor going through geometry editor can find it to make it invisible. Just. Argh.

I know that flat eyes are considered an anime thing for 3D models, but having round eyes is not an issue. It's not like we would see the entire eyeball under normal circumstances. And as someone who renders in toon very frequently, with the eye being round or flat it only makes a difference when problems like this crop up.

Maybe 3DOutlaw's eyes for AnimeDoll etc can be adapted to overcome this. Or I can win the lottery and offer to pay Littlefox to fix it. *sulking*

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

The face shapes by Fuseling are awesome!

@Pet, I used the rounded chin morph from the parameters tab

@jakiblue the skin is Nandi for V4 by Godin

Kisha Sakura 8.png
    936 x 882 - 714K
  • The face shapes by Fuseling are awesome!

@Pet, I used the rounded chin morph from the parameters tab

@jakiblue the skin is Nandi for V4 by Godin

I totally agree with you.  He fixed quite a few of my issues with that package.  

• scorpio said:

She doesn't mix particullarly well with other morphs mainly due to the eyes.

I can't seem to find a way to add the eyebrows lashes and eyes seperately only by loading the full preset. When I loaded a Sakura Preset in and unfitted and unparented the eybrows and then fitted them to a G8F base  they don't follow the morphs.

LashLower A Length - doesn't appear to do anything (however far I push the dials)

I got around this by going into the eyelash's parameters and taking off limits. Then and only then was I able to create my main character's very long and stylized eyelashes. And they were perfect! Usually with 3D I have to fight a LONG time to get that part right.