dForce Master - HairForce MEGA Thread [Commerical]

Comments

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    EcVh0 said:

I like the idea of it but it seems some of the images I'm seeing look like it affects the texture of the hair.  It doesn't seem silky and smooth anymore and looks like it needs to be brushed.  It has the appearance of some of the cloth I've seen that looks 'tortured' when it touches other cloth as it drapes/settles.  Is there any hope of just smooth flowing hair?  I'm not disparaging the product, just wondering about the texture.

If they & you solve that then it should be a help to use this product with clothing that is troublesome too.

I'm planning to develop a cloth preset very soon that it would work on quite a bit of pre-dforce generations of clothes, I will keep you updated on that wink

edited December 2017
    Cybersox said:

You had me with the wet hair option.  :) 

Time to finally create some wet hair look huh? wink

It seems like wet hair simulation works somehow more similar to how cloth simulation works in dForce, due to the fact that they do "stick" onto surfaces rather than sliding on them. It is actually easier to make realistic wet hair simulations so I decided to add it to the presets wink

Post edited by EcVh0 on
    Totte said:
    EcVh0 said:

This sounds really really interesting!

Thank you! But keep in mind not every single hair would work and some might just give you a spectacular explosion, along with your computer haha! wink

Might be what DAZ ment by "Doesn't work on hair" ;-)

That is exactly what they meant, sometimes with "hair removal" as a bonus wink

sapat said:

I like the idea of it but it seems some of the images I'm seeing look like it affects the texture of the hair.  It doesn't seem silky and smooth anymore and looks like it needs to be brushed.  It has the appearance of some of the cloth I've seen that looks 'tortured' when it touches other cloth as it drapes/settles.  Is there any hope of just smooth flowing hair?  I'm not disparaging the product, just wondering about the texture.

These are my thoughts also looking at the promos. The newer ones look a little better but still pretty rough. I get the same effect when I use actual dynamic hair in my projects. they always look better when subdivided and smoothing is added afterwards though.

Anyway, nice to see your prograss and it seems to be moving forward, so good luck getting there.

Yeah subdividion and smoothing should definitely help but this might be as good as we can get right now, before daz make an engine specifically for hair... but then it seems like layered clothes are affected as well, wonder if they would do a fix which can help dForcing hair as well.

Someone could slam the table and yell, "this is what happens if computers take away our jobs!!" cheeky

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited December 2017

progression by frames is looking amazing, congrats Ecvh0

I want to dream and demand a little more: don't forget astronauts (zero gravity-like hair poses) and  horror-the ring like hair poses, please please! :D

even would be interesting an electrified simulated ambient provoking dry progressive curly hair

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Looks like a really useful product. Something worth buying. Congrats to your good work!

EquisVoid said:

progression by frames is looking amazing, congrats Ecvh0

I want to dream and demand a little more: don't forget astronauts (zero gravity-like hair poses) and  horror-the ring like hair poses, please please! :D

even would be interesting an electrified simulated ambient provoking dry progressive curly hair

Thank you!

Damn! how come I never thought of these when I was making promos!? It definitely will look really really good! laugh

Looks like a really useful product. Something worth buying. Congrats to your good work!

Thank you!

edited December 2017
    EcVh0 said:
    sapat said:

These are my thoughts also looking at the promos. The newer ones look a little better but still pretty rough. I get the same effect when I use actual dynamic hair in my projects. they always look better when subdivided and smoothing is added afterwards though.

Anyway, nice to see your prograss and it seems to be moving forward, so good luck getting there.

Yeah subdividion and smoothing should definitely help but this might be as good as we can get right now, before daz make an engine specifically for hair... but then it seems like layered clothes are affected as well, wonder if they would do a fix which can help dForcing hair as well.

Someone could slam the table and yell, "this is what happens if computers take away our jobs!!" cheeky

thanks to your hard work and for listening us :)

zero-gravity hair is also widely used on tv promos on christmas to sell perfume, also for intrincated art noveau and fantasy ecstasy style showing long hair poses like vines antigravity behavior, or on sailor-moon like renders (goddesses with impossible hair movement on anime like promos) I think these would benefit from a mix of zero-gravity hair posing mixed with  electrified progressive dry curlying hairs, so please give it some mixing options :D

about horror-the ring hair poses these are also very practical for emotional romantic-depressive autumm renders and espionage impossible missions of long haired heroines :D

• Oh, I just remembered one of my biggest complaints about conforming hair - too poofy.  Would your product just allow gravity to flatten out the hair a bit?

I'm with you on this.  All you need to do is look around in any public venue.  Very few people have the big, full volume crown that is the standard for 3D hair.  It's perfect for the super model or beach bunny look, but not very realistic for most other scenarios.  I'm really looking forward to Hairforce. :)

Oh, I just remembered one of my biggest complaints about conforming hair - too poofy.  Would your product just allow gravity to flatten out the hair a bit?

I'm with you on this.  All you need to do is look around in any public venue.  Very few people have the big, full volume crown that is the standard for 3D hair.  It's perfect for the super model or beach bunny look, but not very realistic for most other scenarios.  I'm really looking forward to Hairforce. :)

This is a really tricky thing to be honest! Most of the hairs here designed to “look good” even if it basically takes a full year of hair styling to get to what they have there, and now when we dforce them it just reveals it’s true shape, falling onto the scalp by gravity with Default A pose. Some might call them messy and some might call them realistic, it’s really hard to keep both party happy :P

hairForce shall pave the way anyways

edited December 2017

Hair is not like just wearing everyday clothes, and Daz should not fullfill expectations only like The Sims 4. On artistic/fashion/movie images the medium and long hair with tricky hair movement is a lot more common than just a plain short hair on everyday in any public venue. 

On cinema, illustration and photography every detail of wave on a living hair tells part of the story bringing the moment or something as meaningful and as important as the eyes.

Without EchVh0's hair simulation we are stuck with unexpressive hairstyles.

EquisVoid said:

Hair is not like just wearing everyday clothes, and Daz should not fullfill expectations only like The Sims 4. On artistic/fashion/movie images the medium and long hair with tricky hair movement is a lot more common than just a plain short hair on everyday in any public venue. 

On cinema, illustration and photography every detail of wave on a living hair tells part of the story bringing the moment or something as meaningful and as important as the eyes.

Without EchVh0's hair simulation we are stuck with unexpressive hairstyles.

I really hope that my product can achieve, or at least help to achieve this before DAZ implements a real hair engine!

Guys it is finally online now!

And meanwhile I am working on presets for cloth, stay tuned and will let you all know how it goes wink

• Really interested to see what others do with this.

• It's beyond amazing, so bad this month I am already broke after spending around 1070 $ just on DAZ! 

I will see if I can buy it at the end of the month, congrats on your release EchV0, promos do look like a gorgeus dream and extremely practical product!

EquisVoid said:

It's beyond amazing, so bad this month I am already broke after spending around 1070 $ just on DAZ! 

I will see if I can buy it at the end of the month, congrats on your release EchV0, promos do look like a gorgeus dream and extremely practical product!

Wow, that is a LOT OF MONEY! I guess you can consider that as your Christmas present for yourself haha! wink

Take your time really, and when you do make sure you let me know how it goes! angel

• I will, thanks and happy holidays!

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2017
    avxp said:

I hope daz supports you and gives you access to MANY hair products for...um...quality control and testing a'hem and this becomes a thing.

Now, the ultimate would be if you/we could direct the gravity somewhere (haven't played with Dforce yet so...) and get better hair blowing or falling looks.

And in turn, I'd like you or daz or us to keep updating the list of hair products that work with this. maybe in the official thread release- you keep updating the list.

Variable direction gravity (and someone also mentioned zero gravity) should be quite easy for DAZ to implement. However, in the meantime a simple work around for still images (not so practical for animations) would be to change the orientation of the figure, run the simulation then change the orientation of the figure back to where it was before; the result will look like gravity is working in a different direction. E.g. turn your figure upside down, simulate, turn the figure back around and then it looks like gravity is working in reverse. Hmmm thoughts of Marylin Monroe and The Seven year Itch... hehe.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Seems like a must have so I just picked it up, but I can't find it anywhere in smart library? And no read me in documents that I can find.

mats76 said:

Seems like a must have so I just picked it up, but I can't find it anywhere in smart library? And no read me in documents that I can find.

The presets should be under "dForce Preset" directory and you should be able to find one single PDF tutorial under "ReadMe" named dForce Hair Simulation Preset - Tutorial

If you can't find either, I think something might be wrong with the download and it's better to contact support about it smiley

Hope this information helps

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

No add to cart button here.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    wsgentry said:

You can add it from the main store page.

• Wildman oSWildman oS Posts: 121
    edited December 2017

whilst there is no option to buy the product on the product's page, you can buy it by clicking the cart icon on todays debut release page

Post edited by Wildman oS on
    wsgentry said:

I only wish I can add one here haha!

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

Got it, thanks! :) 

• Thanks EcVh0! An instant buy! It's downloaded... and time for bed... nah, I think I will test this out for a while first :) Very excited... and a little nervous! Will it help if we post results along with which hair weused to build up the Compatible Hair Database?

edited December 2017

Thanks EcVh0! An instant buy! It's downloaded... and time for bed... nah, I think I will test this out for a while first :) Very excited... and a little nervous! Will it help if we post results along with which hair weused to build up the Compatible Hair Database?

Yes PLEASE! heart That would be very very greatful! Thank you very much! It's not possible for me to have all hair in DAZ history so any help is really appreciated!

And feel free to post things like, tricks or things you should be aware of, or problems you run into, so I can help and get these into the front page as well wink

Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Do I need to run two separate simulations if I have want to use this product and have dForce clothing in the scene?

fastbike1 said:

Do I need to run two separate simulations if I have want to use this product and have dForce clothing in the scene?

I believe you can run both, as long as they don’t interfere hard with each other :)