dForce Master - HairForce MEGA Thread [Commerical]

Comments

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    jaxprog said:

I'll be an early adopter, if Daz gives you the okay to sell your product :)

I think what you have here is great.

Thank you! I’m working with DAZ closely to get this to the way both me and DAZ likes! Hope it won’t take too long smiley

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    EcVh0 said:
    jaxprog said:

Thank you! I’m working with DAZ closely to get this to the way both me and DAZ likes! Hope it won’t take too long smiley

This could be as big as dForce itself.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

I hope your product doesn't disappoint. After purchsing 3 items, I've been avoiding any product sold at the store advertised as dForce-ready. To be fair, my main issue is with the physics engine itself.

Ati said:
    EcVh0 said:
    jaxprog said:

This could be as big as dForce itself.

Hahaha thank you very much! I definitely hope it will go well and that’s why I’m still spending lots of time working on it, modifying it so we can get the best result!

y3kman said:

I hope your product doesn't disappoint. After purchsing 3 items, I've been avoiding any product sold at the store advertised as dForce-ready. To be fair, my main issue is with the physics engine itself.

Oh that’s sorry to hear, what is wrong with them/engine if I may ask so I could look out for these things myself :) 

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

I'd buy it.  So many hair products do not allow adjustments as needed.  Keep working!  I have a lot of your products already and this one will be a game changer for me!

Scott

• Oh, I just remembered one of my biggest complaints about conforming hair - too poofy.  Would your product just allow gravity to flatten out the hair a bit?

wsgentry said:

I'd buy it.  So many hair products do not allow adjustments as needed.  Keep working!  I have a lot of your products already and this one will be a game changer for me!

Scott

Thank you! I hope you liked my other products! And yes I am putting a lot of time to make this product great for you all! wink

Oh, I just remembered one of my biggest complaints about conforming hair - too poofy.  Would your product just allow gravity to flatten out the hair a bit?

Poofy as in the hair looks like everyone got a $10000 stylist and 4 hours into making the hair look like what they look like? laugh

Then yes! It would actually "flatten" the hair or even make it a little messy (which DAZ didn't really like because it changes what the hair looks like in general) but I think I will keep them in the set as an option wink

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited November 2017

I like the idea of it but it seems some of the images I'm seeing look like it affects the texture of the hair.  It doesn't seem silky and smooth anymore and looks like it needs to be brushed.  It has the appearance of some of the cloth I've seen that looks 'tortured' when it touches other cloth as it drapes/settles.  Is there any hope of just smooth flowing hair?  I'm not disparaging the product, just wondering about the texture.

Post edited by sapat on
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:

Scott

Thank you! I hope you liked my other products! And yes I am putting a lot of time to make this product great for you all! wink

You're very welcome. I have your skin shaders and just purchased your Cinematic lighting product.  I do have a request:  Can you please test with Christina, Emilia, Liv, and Nita hair products?  Out of those, if you have to make a choice, please choose Liv. That hair is the best hair model I've seen, yet.  The only issue may be  with the tie in the back of the head.  Thank you again!

Scott

sapat said:

I like the idea of it but it seems some of the images I'm seeing look like it affects the texture of the hair.  It doesn't seem silky and smooth anymore and looks like it needs to be brushed.  It has the appearance of some of the cloth I've seen that looks 'tortured' when it touches other cloth as it drapes/settles.  Is there any hope of just smooth flowing hair?  I'm not disparaging the product, just wondering about the texture.

Hey! You are the first person who mentioned this on the forum! This is actually one of the reason why this product isn’t on store yet - daz has been pointing this out to me ever since the beginning and we are working hard together to try to solve it!

I believe the main reason of this is the fact that the engine is current built to be used on clothing items, which is a large single mesh where you can be bent, twisted and stretched. But hair consists of many strands that acts on its own, and even with the strictest settings it will still be able to twist and stretch. That causes a problem when two strands collide with each other, and twist it up, deforming and affecting the texture of the hair 

There is currently no easy solution to this, so I am moving some of the settings that are more likely to create this kind of hair into “messy hair” catogory, while developing a hair preset that minimizes this problem!

And just to know that if you want the hair to look as smooth as it was before dforce, you might have to sacrifice the realisticity over it (but then, “combed” hair do move way less than the hair you have getting up from the bed)  

wsgentry said:
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:

Scott

You're very welcome. I have your skin shaders and just purchased your Cinematic lighting product.  I do have a request:  Can you please test with Christina, Emilia, Liv, and Nita hair products?  Out of those, if you have to make a choice, please choose Liv. That hair is the best hair model I've seen, yet.  The only issue may be  with the tie in the back of the head.  Thank you again!

Scott

Thank you! And sure thing I will have a look and let you know how it goes!

• That's very interesting as a future product.

Certainly a must-purchase for me if it works as expected :)

Atanacius said:

That's very interesting as a future product.

Certainly a must-purchase for me if it works as expected :)

Thank you!

Just an update for you guys!

I'm currently adding simulation preset for wet hair wink Time to soak your character's hair in rain!

dForce Preset for Hair Test Promo Wet Hair.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 2M
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

The other simulator over at Rendo has a different calculation setting for strands. Perhaps that is what the dForce engine needs, a different setting of calculation that deals with "single Strand" polyrows?

edited November 2017
    BeeMKay said:

The other simulator over at Rendo has a different calculation setting for strands. Perhaps that is what the dForce engine needs, a different setting of calculation that deals with "single Strand" polyrows?

Emmm which one are you refering to?

And I think it is far more complicated than that, the fact that dforce is built fully on clothings currently makes hair much hard to do, it's not just the strand calculation but also how it behaves on contact and with each other is something that need to be changed if you want a 100% physically realistic hair simulation

(Feel free to send me a link via pm if you want wink)

Post edited by EcVh0 on
    edited December 2017

Great news everyone! After many back and forth communications with Daz officials, I had to make quite a lot of adjustments to the product, renamed the title, re-catogorized everything and added some more features (compatible for some animations, adding wet hair, wind node compatible hair, more instructions), and also pretty much remake most of the promo images. it has finally gone pass to the final stage and almost ready to be released on time for a nice christmas present!

I'm not close to my computer right now but once I do, I will start converting this thread into a mega thread (you can see some changes already on the front page), building up a compatible hair database, writing up some tricks, and let you guys showcase the renders you create!

Anyways, here is some new promo images!

dForce Hair Simulation Preset - New Promo 00.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 511K
    dForce Hair Simulation Preset - New Promo 02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 699K
    dForce Hair Simulation Preset - New Promo 06.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 1007K
    dForce Hair Simulation Preset - New Promo 12.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 833K
    dForce Hair Simulation Preset - New Promo 08.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 953K
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • surpriseWOWsurprise

• I like the new promo with the black long hair, when she is turned with the back to you. It has a great fluid look and shine, whereas the earlier pics sometimes look as if it is unhealthy, overly dry hair.  Maybe such before and after pics could get you a gig at hair shampoo advertising ?:)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Looks fantastic.  Sure does make one want better transmaps for some of the older hair props though and updated textures, bump, normals and displacements to really make the hair look more realistic.  That's one of the issues that's been discussed before with the skin looking ultra realistic, it's time for hair props to follow suit.  I'll for sure get this when it hits!  

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    EcVh0 said:
    sapat said:

Hey! You are the first person who mentioned this on the forum! This is actually one of the reason why this product isn’t on store yet - daz has been pointing this out to me ever since the beginning and we are working hard together to try to solve it!

I believe the main reason of this is the fact that the engine is current built to be used on clothing items, which is a large single mesh where you can be bent, twisted and stretched. But hair consists of many strands that acts on its own, and even with the strictest settings it will still be able to twist and stretch. That causes a problem when two strands collide with each other, and twist it up, deforming and affecting the texture of the hair 

There is currently no easy solution to this, so I am moving some of the settings that are more likely to create this kind of hair into “messy hair” catogory, while developing a hair preset that minimizes this problem!

And just to know that if you want the hair to look as smooth as it was before dforce, you might have to sacrifice the realisticity over it (but then, “combed” hair do move way less than the hair you have getting up from the bed)  

If they & you solve that then it should be a help to use this product with clothing that is troublesome too.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    EcVh0 said:

Great news everyone! After many back and forth communications with Daz officials, I had to make quite a lot of adjustments to the product, renamed the title, re-catogorized everything and added some more features (compatible for some animations, adding wet hair, wind node compatible hair, more instructions), and also pretty much remake most of the promo images. it has finally gone pass to the final stage and almost ready to be released on time for a nice christmas present!

I'm not close to my computer right now but once I do, I will start converting this thread into a mega thread (you can see some changes already on the front page), building up a compatible hair database, writing up some tricks, and let you guys showcase the renders you create!

Anyways, here is some new promo images!

Looks like a buy

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

You had me with the wet hair option.  :) 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,511
    EcVh0 said:

This sounds really really interesting!

Thank you! But keep in mind not every single hair would work and some might just give you a spectacular explosion, along with your computer haha! wink

Might be what DAZ ment by "Doesn't work on hair" ;-)

surpriseWOWsurprise

Thank you wink

SoundLufs said:

I like the new promo with the black long hair, when she is turned with the back to you. It has a great fluid look and shine, whereas the earlier pics sometimes look as if it is unhealthy, overly dry hair.  Maybe such before and after pics could get you a gig at hair shampoo advertising ?:)

Thank you! haha it is hard to balance between being too wet and being to straight and dry, every single hair is slightly different :)

And don’t expect the hair to just fly there onto the body by its own, it needs a little bit of help of placing the hair on top (above somewhere) of the body before simulating it falling naturally onto her back wink

Hair Shampoo Advertising, I am totally up for that! I currently have hairForce One, hairForce Awakens... what should we name the shampoo?

RAMWolff said:

Looks fantastic.  Sure does make one want better transmaps for some of the older hair props though and updated textures, bump, normals and displacements to really make the hair look more realistic.  That's one of the issues that's been discussed before with the skin looking ultra realistic, it's time for hair props to follow suit.  I'll for sure get this when it hits!  

Thank you :) This product could be a big test of how much quality a hair has in terms of how they are constructed, which you can’t really tell before without editing the geometry wink

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    sapat said:

These are my thoughts also looking at the promos. The newer ones look a little better but still pretty rough. I get the same effect when I use actual dynamic hair in my projects. they always look better when subdivided and smoothing is added afterwards though.

Anyway, nice to see your prograss and it seems to be moving forward, so good luck getting there.