Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.109!

Comments

• jcowb1jcowb1 Posts: 56

Thanks for the reply namffuak .

I did all that several times and am still waiting for a useful reply from help centre.

• KevinH said:

I put it in my cart and even checked out and it still didn't show up. I clicked on the Download and install and it put the sku in the filter field and it still didn't show up.

You bought this https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta ? Click the Download Filters button on the ready to Download tab of DIM and make sue that Public Builds are checked.

Yes. When it wouldn't show up, I searched in the store and it showed it as a free item. I thought I had to go through the check out inorder for it to show up. But I finally checked on Public Beta and it was finally there. Didn't have a chance to come back until now to say that I finally found it. Since this has to be installed through DIM, I assume that the DS beta has to as well. But I see it on the Daz Connect install panel. Can it be installed from there too?

• Amazing

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Installed and played around with some very simple meshes, seems identical to good 'ol Hexagon 2.5 but so far no crashes.On my current system Hex was pretty unstable so this seems much better so far. Since I haven't migrated to G8F yet and I'm sort of maxed out on G3F and G3M stuff I've been feeling to urge to model some props and funirture and stuff, just for the fun of it. Now .. no excuses!  I'm thrilled that this is moving forward!

• Great news, thanks DAZ.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

is this new that you can place tabs on second monitor now seperately ?

and all those models

never noticed them before

ok you can place tabs on second monitor but it does not save them or ?

• Ruphuss said:

ok you can place tabs on second monitor but it does not save them or ?

It still doesn't work with the mouse set for left handed use on my PC.

As stated in the announcement post, the initial goal for this Public release was stability. Improvements, etc, will follow over time.

• I'll take stability.

• I am SO looking forward to the new version!!

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited December 2017

The "Triangulate Non-Planar Facets" tool icon and the "Triangulate N-Gons" tool icon are backwards. The documentation has them labeled correctly.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

..still a bit confused as to where the content is supposed to go. All Daz content gets pointed to my D:/Library drive.

saving tabs on 2. Monitor works now dont know why

but never knew you could do this

a big wish from me is that if you unfold for uv map it would in a way that the corners are matching so you could paint better on it

if you unfold a cube you can have 6 sides shown but they do not match the corners

• Ruphuss, can you take a screen grab of the map you make in hex and change it in a paint program and post both images. May-be there's a work around (or a differnt way of unfolding your prop) we can come up with.

• kyoto kid said:

..still a bit confused as to where the content is supposed to go. All Daz content gets pointed to my D:/Library drive.

The content goes in the application folder. DIM will place it for you, as long as you install the content after the beta application.

• Adding tools to the custom tool palette seems to cause Hexagon to crash when exiting the program. Clearing out the custom tool palette allows Hexagon to exit without crashing. I haven't narrowed down which tool exactly is causing the crashing.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Using DIM , which i  never like and  i hate again, i have IM00032301-21_Hexagon25ContentPublicBuild but not the application itself. I follow the instruction and try and try again using DIM

I have finally only content models  not app beta version Can i repeat ;: i never like DIM interface and hope sincerly that DAZ will rebuid it with a simple clean interface where we simply choose what we want , set where we want put it and download or install it  where we want  Please redesign the interface of DIM 

So i will reinstall the 2,5 version with sn i have bought some years ago from Eovia even i did use it so much , prefering Silo, Rhino and Zbrush  But i have liked the interface

• Martial said:

Using DIM , which i  never like and  i hate again, i have IM00032301-21_Hexagon25ContentPublicBuild but not the application itself. I follow the instruction and try and try again using DIM

I had to check more than just Public Build in order to see the Win32 Hexagon 2.5.2 BETA app listed for downloading. Checking off Public Build only shows the Hexagon content file for downloading. 

• Martial said:

Using DIM , which i  never like and  i hate again, i have IM00032301-21_Hexagon25ContentPublicBuild but not the application itself.

There's another tickbox to show or not show programs.

• I can't find the beta in my DIM. I've serached for Hexagon, Beta, Public and others, have checked the "Display Hidden"-Button, but it wasn't shown. Can anyone please help?

• RCTSpanky said:

I can't find the beta in my DIM. I've serached for Hexagon, Beta, Public and others, have checked the "Display Hidden"-Button, but it wasn't shown. Can anyone please help?

You did add it to your account?

https://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-beta

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited December 2017

I use Blender. But in my opinion adding Exagon as a modeler tool for Studio is a huge step forward.

Now, adding sculpting capabilities to Hexagon for editing/creating HD morphs and/or to bake them to normal maps would be great. And would also make it much easier to use the interactive licenses, that, in my opinion, at this time are almost useless for most assets.

The second big missing one is real animation in Studio. I mean a real IK system. Not just a part-time IK for posing. Plus some serious particle and volumetric engine for fluids and flames fx. Plus a fiber engine for hair. That is, adding fx to animation itself.

In my opinion the two keys above are what Studio is missing to reach Blender or Maya users.

Post edited by Padone on

I have tried again I still have only content  not Hexagon application it self

ScreenShot001.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 230K
  • ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited December 2017
    Martial said:

You'll find the check mark that will show the app in your queue soon enough. If I could figure it out (my first time ever using DIM), anyone can.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • Martial said:

Please go back to the Ready to Download tab, click the Download Filters button, and post screenshots of your settings

Thanks for reply

Here the screen shoot, Richard

ScreenShot002.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 202K
  • That isn't showing the Download Filters.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

I followed the instructions to locate and download the beta; once I have it, however, it fails to install, saying the installation path can't be located.

• Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Hexagon 2.5 Content Public Build +BETA+" requires that the installed path for "Hexagon 2.x Public Build" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Under Settings>Applications, the only options I have are for Hexagon 2 or 2.5, 32-bit; selecting either still gives me the above error. DIM v. 1.1.0.72

• Ptrope said:

I followed the instructions to locate and download the beta; once I have it, however, it fails to install, saying the installation path can't be located.

• Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Hexagon 2.5 Content Public Build +BETA+" requires that the installed path for "Hexagon 2.x Public Build" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Under Settings>Applications, the only options I have are for Hexagon 2 or 2.5, 32-bit; selecting either still gives me the above error. DIM v. 1.1.0.72

It WILL install; what I did was create the directory I wanted to install it in using DIM, then restarted the installation process. You may want to restart DIM to make sure it picks up that directory.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Nope - that didn't do it.