Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,308
    kyoto kid said:

...yeah, staying with 4.9 until these bugs get worked out.  Last thing I need is for rendering to take even longer than it already does.

The first issue I have whenever a new version of Studio comes out is: will Iray render faster.  I think I'll join your club.

Cheers,

Alex.

• alxalx Posts: 53
    alx said:

Was the hexagon bridge removed? I can't seem to export to hex anymore...

It is still there. Did you specify the Hexagon location in Edit - Preferences - Bridges?

Indeed it is, and the pathway was preserved after the upgrade but it doesn't show up. Interestingly enough, Bryce does show up in the bridge even though it had no pathway assigned. Odd. I'm going to have to play with this more, but you've given me somewhere to start. Thanks for the hint. I did install the 64bit stability patch for Hex, but I don't see how that could've been a factor- surely Daz isn't fingerprinting executables...

• alx said:

I did install the 64bit stability patch for Hex, but I don't see how that could've been a factor- surely Daz isn't fingerprinting executables...

What stability patch?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...Large Address Aware

kyoto kid said:

...Large Address Aware

That's the one! Thanks for helping me clear that up, it was late and I was tired when I posted that... So, both Bryce and Hex show up in preferences/bridges but only Bryce is visible from the drop down

• alx said:
    kyoto kid said:

...Large Address Aware

That's the one! Thanks for helping me clear that up, it was late and I was tired when I posted that... So, both Bryce and Hex show up in preferences/bridges but only Bryce is visible from the drop down

Could you please post a screenshot, as that is baffling. Thanks

• Does anyone know how to change the size of the text in the U.I?

I just got an awesome 4k UHD monitor, but now I cannot read the text on the menus or in any of the tabs... It would appear that Daz Studio doesn't follow the Text Size from the OS (Windows 10 Pro) I set the Text Size to the recommended 150% and most Applications follow that, but Daz Studio doesn't, unless I am missing something here?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• JDStrider said:

Does anyone know how to change the size of the text in the U.I?

I just got an awesome 4k UHD monitor, but now I cannot read the text on the menus or in any of the tabs... It would appear that Daz Studio doesn't follow the Text Size from the OS (Windows 10 Pro) I set the Text Size to the recommended 150% and most Applications follow that, but Daz Studio doesn't, unless I am missing something here?

DS shold be following the UI font scaling, that was a chnage in (I think) 4.8 or possibly 4.9. Proper UI caling is still being worked on.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98
    edited November 2017
    JDStrider said:

DS shold be following the UI font scaling, that was a chnage in (I think) 4.8 or possibly 4.9. Proper UI caling is still being worked on.

Thanks Richard, I am running 4.10 and it clearly is NOT following UI Scaling at all. Shoud I report this as a bug?

SmartContent_UHD.PNG
    918 x 963 - 892K
    Post edited by JDStrider on
  • JDStrider said:
    JDStrider said:

Thanks Richard, I am running 4.10 and it clearly is NOT following UI Scaling at all. Shoud I report this as a bug?

It is not a straight forward 5 minute coding job to get it done. As Richard said, it is being worked on. So really no need to report it is a bug.

• Might want to right-click on the launch shortcut and look at the compatibility settings first.

• Doctor Jellybean: After 40 years of writing code, I am familar with the challenges. Richard had indicated that the problem was worked on 2 version back... thus the question, but thank you for your quick reply.

Richard: Now I have to admit, I was unaware of that shortcut option, cool... Many Thanks!

That should go in the FAQ!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

Might want to right-click on the launch shortcut and look at the compatibility settings first.

...I'd do that however for some reason it puts the operation into "Not Responding" mode for several minutes before finally giving me the properties menu.

• Hello
    Can anyone tell me why the numbering of the program is counting backward now? Why from 4.9 to 4.10 instead of 5.0. Couldn't find anything on that.
    Thanks
    Claudio

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

10 comes after 9   so why is it backward?

• The number is not a single decimal - it has three dots, which no number does. 4.10.0.116 is four dot tewn dot zero dot one-hundred-and-sixteen. As Chohole says, ten comes after nine so this is the correct next step.

alx said:
    kyoto kid said:

...Large Address Aware

Could you please post a screenshot, as that is baffling. Thanks

bridge.jpg
    690 x 576 - 87K
    edited December 2017

The bridge pane and the actual directory. Can you think of anything else I might want to try? I'd be willing to take a peek at the registry if you'd point me at some keys...

Post edited by alx on
  • NavimNavim Posts: 79

Have any of you had trouble with content not showing in the content pane? The content search finds the content but does not display it. Only the smart content on the left is visible. I filed a ticket on this tlast week before but have not gotten an answer. I only have this problem with the new content manager and vers. "10." Vers 9 was up, running and stable. Since the new content manager I have not been able to use the software. Unfortunately I cannot find the old version content manager or I would download it and re-install vers. 9. Running windows 8.

Thanks

• #Chohole #Richard Haseltine
    What a shamedevil Thanks for the hint. Was kind of fixed on that 1...

• I've noticed a lot more crashing since I upgraded to 4.10.  Not while using dforce or doing anything out of the ordinary.  Sometimes happens with scenes I've saved and have never had an issue with.  I know several other people have mentioned this in passing.  Its getting to be a bit annoying, I've had more crashes in the last several weeks than I have in two years.

And that's why I am here.  Mine just has fatal errors all of a sudden.  I didn't realize when it showed up in my manager that this was not a finished product.  How does one roll back to the last standard version of DS?

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,419

Now 4.10.0.123 is what I call a working 4.10 release at last .. so I can start working with dforce. Thank you daz guys :)

• Lorraine PurvianceLorraine Purviance Posts: 18
    edited December 2017

Well, I no longer have the dimension list on the general tab,  used to be I did the arrow by custom and a list appeared with various dimensions.  Not there now after latest update. Will it come back? How do I get it back?   The Style is now  on a sub tab under general not on the General location like before.  Maybe I did something to mess this up, but I do not think so,  I do not usually mess with stuff like this for the reason when I do things seem to change and confuse me.

Post edited by Lorraine Purviance on
  • Well, I no longer have the dimension list on the general tab,  used to be I did the arrow by custom and a list appeared with various dimensions.  Not there now after latest update. Will it come back? How do I get it back?   The Style is now  on a sub tab under general not on the General location like before.  Maybe I did something to mess this up, but I do not think so,  I do not usually mess with stuff like this for the reason when I do things seem to change and confuse me.

Render Settings? The list of Dimension Presets is till there for me. Not sure what styles would be though.

• Hello, I just got an update of DAZStudio and here is how it's look when running:dazstudio main windows all whit

• Hello, I just got an update of DAZStudio and here is how it's look when running:

Workaround found:

1) delete manually DAZStudio.exe

2) restart install manager to install Daz Studio

• Hello, I just got an update of DAZStudio and here is how it's look when running:dazstudio main windows all whit

This usually means DS was running when you isntalled. Close DS, and use Task Manager to be sure that it really has closed (it does some tidying up after it mo longer appears on the task Bar), then uninstall and reinstall.

This usually means DS was running when you isntalled. Close DS, and use Task Manager to be sure that it really has closed (it does some tidying up after it mo longer appears on the task Bar), then uninstall and reinstall.

Thank you for your answer. No ! DAZ was not running.

• kyoto kid said:

...I cannot use the DIM on my work system as it no longer has Net access (nor wireless capability). I have not experienced the inability to manually download any installers until the 4.10 General Release. It is not because of the Malware Bytes AV utility as according to Windows Task Manager, it isn't even listed as an active process.  The notebook I have is an older 32 bit system, but that shouldn't matter as I am just using it to download the installer file to transfer to my 64 bit system, not installing the programme on it.

I had no difficulty downloading the 4.9.4.122 64 bit Windows General Release installer on it as well as content install zips, (just did so a few moments ago), also the dForce Starter Essentials shows up in my product library (but not the latest installer for the programme) so I don't understand what the deal is.

I have to turn on cms manualy every session

kyoto kid said:

...I cannot use the DIM on my work system as it no longer has Net access (nor wireless capability). I have not experienced the inability to manually download any installers until the 4.10 General Release. It is not because of the Malware Bytes AV utility as according to Windows Task Manager, it isn't even listed as an active process.  The notebook I have is an older 32 bit system, but that shouldn't matter as I am just using it to download the installer file to transfer to my 64 bit system, not installing the programme on it.

I had no difficulty downloading the 4.9.4.122 64 bit Windows General Release installer on it as well as content install zips, (just did so a few moments ago), also the dForce Starter Essentials shows up in my product library (but not the latest installer for the programme) so I don't understand what the deal is.

kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

...hmm that concerns me as well since I also have a custom runtime setup for all my older content and freebies.  Maybe not being able to download is a good thing. I still cannot get the CMS to work in 4.9.4 even though Task Manager indiicates it's running and it shows up in preferences with an assigned port number.

• I have to turn on cms manualy ever session.