Carrara Challenge #36 - Pinups and Cheesecake and Hunks - Oh My! - WIP Thread --Meet Ringo Monfort!

1151617181921»

Comments

• Thanks Jon and Dart, for the comments!  The vote render is V3 with a Horo HDRI.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Thanks Phil, Stezza, and Vyusur.  The community really stepped up big time.  Thanks to Ringo as well for his support.

Now that we come to voting, we are faced with an impossible task.  How does one choose four out of the thirty-two?  Because of so many variables, there is no single left-brained way to analyze and extract the top four.

If it really is impossible, I think that the best thing to do is be easy with the voting process, and have fun.  I like my renders being recognized, but I promise that I won't take offense if you don't vote for any of my images, and I think that most artists feel the same way.  In other words, it's not about voting against an artist and disrespecting his/her hard work.  It's IS about voting for something you just happen to like, for reasons which are not fully explainable.

In learning new things in Carrara - G'MIC, displacement, modeling, new shader techniques - and the opportunity to try products I've never used before - Ron's brushes, Obannion Bridge, etc - I'm already very satisfied.  Using Carrara as a platform for experencing the creative process is the main thing, and everything else is gravy.

I digress - please step up and vote.  It's a great way to support Carrara and the artists here.

wow, fantastic render

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Thanks Jon and Dart, for the comments!  The vote render is V3 with a Horo HDRI.

UB - the vote render looks awesome - could easily have been an entry - and V3?  She's never looked so good!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

UunifiedBrain - Agree with everyone, that is a wonderful vote image.  There is a thread in the Art Studio forum dedicated to the older generation figures.  I'm sure those folks would love to see what you have done with Vicki.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/108001/the-older-generation-victoria-2-3-michael-2-3-and-their-children-renders/p1

• Thanks HW, Phil and Diomede!

Phil, you had mentioned earlier that you were shocked that I had never used an HDRI.  So I figured that I had better get cracking.smiley

Diomede, thanks for the link.  I will definitely read that oldie thread when I have time.  Most of my character purchases these days center on generation 3.  I think that joints are better in newer generations, but now that I can tweak joints in the modeling room, I'm not seeing the urgency of moving to later generation characters.  For me, there is still a lot to learn in the earlier stuff.  Additionally, lower resources + very few crashes make me a happy camper.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

UnifiedBrain, this is an incredibly awesome image! I've never seen V3 before and she looks great! I installed Studio in 2015 (Carrara was installed in April 2015), so my first figures were Genesis and Genesis 2. And now I'm trying to save anything from 2T of content from my dying hard drive. Then I will have to reinstall the system and all the programs.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited November 2017

V3? unbelievable! gotta rip it from the limbo

great render UB

Post edited by magaremoto on
  • Thank you Vyusur and Magaremoto!

Vyusur, I know that you are picky about joints, so be aware that if you use V3, you will sometimes have to tweak her in the modeling room.  Not really that big of deal though.

Doesn't V3 come standard in Daz studio?

Also sorry to hear of your hard drive troubles (from bitter experience).  Hope you get it sorted out soon.

The good news is that you can't ever lose a Daz product, as they keep all your purchases on file.  In that regard, they are awesome. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187

Doesn't V3 come standard in Daz studio?

Also sorry to hear of your hard drive troubles (from bitter experience).  Hope you get it sorted out soon.

The good news is that you can't ever lose a Daz product, as they keep all your purchases on file.  In that regard, they are awesome. 

Nope, V3 is sold separately - though I got her as a Free purchase way back when. She friggin rocked my (Poser) World back then. 

I bought all of the Generation 3 shape morphs for Genesis when they first came out, so I still by A3, V3, M3, etc., clothes (if I like them) for Genesis too! ;)

Yeah, Vyusur... I'm sorry for your woes too. Such a horrible inevitability :(

I have a cloud backup system called LiveDrive which has saved an awful lot of heartache and rework when I had a major computer failure about 2 years ago. It's not free but is worth it for the piece of mind.

V3 was the current generation of Daz figure when I started using Poser and you can still see my poor efforts in the early pages of my Rendo gallery!  I remember rendering V4 for the first time. Ah, how times have moved on.

Back to voting, I've only narrowed it down to 12 so far...

UnifiedBrain, Dart, Phil, thank you for your support! Now all my “White Swans” and other recent Carrara works exist only on this forum's pages.

Vyusur said:

UnifiedBrain, Dart, Phil, thank you for your support! Now all my “White Swans” and other recent Carrara works exist only on this forum's pages.

It's only a couple days more... then you may go nuts with it!!! yes

Vyusur - I hope you don't mean that you lost the original scenes? I know you were recovering stuff from your hard drive.

Phil, exactly! I've not saved the recent original scenes. I have a cloud storage for several GB and use it sometimes. But all my recent originals are lost.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Oh no!  So sorry for you.  Such wonderful material.sad

Vyusur said:

Phil, exactly! I've not saved the recent original scenes. I have a cloud storage for several GB and use it sometimes. But all my recent originals are lost.

Wow. That's a lot of work down the drain... so sorry to hear, Vyusur! 

I have a lot of sympathy for you, I know what that can be like. I hope you can recover and rebuild most of what you need very soon.

Diomede, Dart, Phil, thank you for your kind words! I write this message from my new HD. My two previous ones are completely dead. But I'm lucky to have a couple of my WIPs saved. I found them on my simple flash drive and those WIPs will be the ones I will start my next work from.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

Bugger!

ROTFL!!!