The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
edited August 2016 in Art Studio

I decided to start a new thread for older generation figures, as the idea comes up now and then ...

If you are interested in getting these figures (apart from Victoria 2 and Michael 2 - those are vaulted by Daz): Knittingmommy has accumulated links to the store pages: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1501496/#Comment_1501496 and there is GiGi_7's thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/925540/#Comment_925540

Freebies for V2/M2: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22725/links-victoria2-michael2-v2-m2-freebie-list/p1

Adventuress

Victoria 3 (in letters THREE - yes, really ...), rendered in DazStudio 3Delight.
I wouldn't call her old if I were you, she has a big sword and knows how to use it!

Credits:
Victoria 3 - Daz
Daniela - IllusionsDesigns
Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan (a bit modified)
Veronica Year Three - Uzilite
PD Dirty Pretty - Parrotdolphin
Adventure Hair - 3Dream
UberHair Shader Upgrade for UberSurface - Omnifreaker
The Ruins of Angkor Wat - Merlin Studios
Nature Shaders - JGreenlees (Water and Grass, a bit modified)
Songbird ReMix Jacanas - Ken Gilliland
Songbird ReMix Pet Shop - Ken Gilliland

Adventuress.jpg
738 x 960 - 288K
Post edited by Kerya on

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

Nice render :)
    I did a quickie with The Freak (Original - based on M3) and the Millenium Dog LE (could do with a new doggie).  Just learning to use the Iray renderer in DS 4.9

It's called 'Welcome Home'

Welcome Home 2.png
    601 x 700 - 757K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

laugh Very nice - makes me smile!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited August 2016

Bought this V3 character (and a lot of other gen 3 stuff) at a Rendo clearance sale last year. Actually it's just the skin on the default V3 morph AFAIR. The dress was included with the character.

SoLange-3Delight.jpg
    983 x 950 - 98K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    Taozen said:

Bought this V3 character (and a lot of other gen 3 stuff) at a Rendo clearance sale last year. Actually it's just the skin on the default V3 morph AFAIR. The dress was included with the character.

Love those eyebrows!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Nice render :)
    I did a quickie with The Freak (Original - based on M3) and the Millenium Dog LE (could do with a new doggie).  Just learning to use the Iray renderer in DS 4.9

It's called 'Welcome Home'

So cute! =D

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited August 2016

A great idea for a thread. I haven't used any of the old ones for a while. LOL. This is M3 with Digger James morph and Merlin (RDNA) texture.and Danyel hair. Rendered in Iray after much fiddling with skin settings. 

donovan.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 836K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

It seams like these figures have held up pretty well with time. They might even make for some nice background characters. Can one still obtain V3, M3, A3 etc?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It seams like these figures have held up pretty well with time. They might even make for some nice background characters. Can one still obtain V3, M3, A3 etc?

Yep!

Victoria 3 Base which also comes in these Bundles: V3 Anniversary Bundle and V3 Digital Beauty Design Kit.  I happen to get a good deal on the anniversary bundle at some point because that's how I got her.
    Victoria 3.0 Head and Body Morphs
    Stephanie 3.0 Petite which is also in the Stephanie 3. Petite Base Upgrade
    Michael 3 Base and Head and Body Morphs
    David BaseDavid Head Morphs and David Body Morphs (supposedly a companion for Stephanie)
    Aiko 3.0 Base - Anime Girl which is also in the Aiko 3.0 Starter Pack and the Aiko 3.0 Professional Bundle and the Aiko 3.0 Mega Bundle
    Hiro 3.0 which is also in the Hiro 3.0 Mega Bundle

There are also various character and creature morphs for these figures still available as well.  I really need to do some renders with these older characters because I picked them really cheap at one sale or another, but I haven't rendered any of them yet.  I may have to do that and contribute some pictures to the thread.  I'm really enjoying the pictures I've seen so far.  As far as I know, that is all of the figures still available.  Victoria 1 & 2 were retired before my time.  I don't know if there was a male figure before M3.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

and Victoria 1 is in Mimic lite for any wanting to go back that far

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I'm embarrassed at how bad these are, but history is history.

Left to right:  Mike 3, Mike 2, Vicky 2

and a pair of Vicky 3's

clan peresch 2.jpg
    900 x 736 - 400K
    v3 older.jpg
    666 x 680 - 229K

Taozen: nice character and dress! Is she still available?

luci45: he looks good!

Fixmypcmike - maybe they are older, but I like the humour of the pair of Vicky's. *grin*

I added a paragraph to the first message:

If you are interested in getting these figures (apart from Victoria 2 and Michael 2 - those are vaulted by Daz): Knittingmommy has accumulated links to the store pages: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1501496/#Comment_1501496 and there is GiGi_7's thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/925540/#Comment_925540

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited August 2016
    Sad said:

and Victoria 1 is in Mimic lite for any wanting to go back that far

Are you sure?  I have that.  It's a stand alone program.  I wonder if I can I get V1 out of it and back into DS?  I'll have to check into that.  Thanks.

edit: I found Victoria 1 inside Mimic Lite along with a few other animals which I didn't realize came in Mimic Lite, but I also happen to buy separately at one time or another and apparently did need buy.  Oh well, I managed to get all of them really cheap, like well under a $1 or $2 cheap.   I'll see if I can get V1 inside DS and render her.  I'm not even sure I have any clothes that will fit her. 

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
    edited August 2016

http://www.daz3d.com/mimic-lite

Comes with tons of content

• Victoria
    • Emotiguy
    • Deedee
    • Sammy
    • Gremlin
    • PiSONG Frog
    • Toonimal Fish
    • Toonimal Lamb
    • Bigfoot

Just remember that Victoria 1 doesn't have morphs - they were inserted with Victoria 2 ... (V2 is just V1 with added head- and bodymorphs).

Post edited by Kerya on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Still fond of the older characters and use them from time to time. If you have M3 and V3, I'd recommend getting CDI's Rayne and Brom. The morph sets go on sale fairly often and add a lot of versatility when used with other morphs. WIth the transfer morphs utilty in DS, it's a lot easier to put clothes on some of the CDI body types too. I'm a big fan of the varius CDI morphs sets.

A few renders: V3 Rayne, Mil2 Preteen Little Uns, M3 (with V4), D3, and M3

Lauren_Kalisto.jpg
    900 x 900 - 252K
    LaurenV3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 302K
    test-render_mil2-preteen.jpg
    925 x 725 - 259K
    the-monster-ball.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 648K
    valentin-d3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 153K
    test-render_m3-02.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 210K
    test-render_m3-01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 270K
  • SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited August 2016

If you don't have a lot of memory, older figures can still do scenes with lots of characters. laugh

Alley Terror!.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 151K
    xmas night2c-15.jpg
    1350 x 900 - 123K
    Post edited by Semicharm on
  • It seams like these figures have held up pretty well with time. They might even make for some nice background characters. Can one still obtain V3, M3, A3 etc?

For background characters, I highly recommend the reduced versions of M3 and V3 that come in this bundle:http://www.daz3d.com/3d-starter-pack

edited August 2016
    xyer0 said:
    Taozen said:

Love those eyebrows!

Yea, they're quite unusual!

Kerya said:

Taozen: nice character and dress! Is she still available?

Not currently it seems, but she may show up again in a clearance sale (Rendo has said more of these sales will come including some "unavailable" stuff becoming available again for a short time). Otherwise you might get it from the vendor, she's very nice and I'm sure you can work out a deal with her. 

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=46113

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited August 2016

I'm embarrassed at how bad these are, but history is history.

I think all that old stuff has its own charm and beauty. When things become "professionalized" and photoreal it's an improvement at one level, but it loses something on another, IMO.

Here's one of my first experiments with A3, pretty mundane but I think everyday scenes have their own charm.

A3Laun1.jpg
    758 x 801 - 126K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    luci45 said:

A great idea for a thread. I haven't used any of the old ones for a while. LOL. This is M3 with Digger James morph and Merlin (RDNA) texture.and Danyel hair. Rendered in Iray after much fiddling with skin settings. 

Great one, would never have believed it's M3, looks more like a recent HQ character.

BTW, reminds me of a well known American actor but I don't recall his name.

I like the renders showing up!

Taozen: Thank you, I will put her on my mental wishlist.

Kerya said:

Taozen: Thank you, I will put her on my mental wishlist.

BTW, the render was a DS 4.8 3DL render, except for the eye mats she works fine in DS right out of the box. 

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited August 2016

When Leonard Nimoy passed away, I felt motivated to complete a scene that had sat unfinished for quite some time.  I used the M2P4 bybrid model (Michael 2's head atop a body shaped and rigged like the Poser 4 nude male) to create Spock as i really liked what XCalPro did with the uniforms.  I also had a face pose that I thought really caught Nimoy's features.  My goal was to interpret the 1974 model kit (designed by Aurora (known for its various movie monster kits) and distributed by AMT in the US), expanding upon and enhancing the elements of the kit.  Yes, the original version of the assembly kit included a 3 headed space hyrda.

Credits

Michael 2 P4...DAZ.com
    Face morph...Porthos
    Uniform tunic...XCalPro
    Uniform pants...XCalPro
    Uniform boots...XCalPro
    Tricorder...XCalPro
    Phaser...MechMaster
    Communicator...MattyManx/Sgreco
    Spock hair...Mylochka
    Dragon's Keep...AntFarm
    Twister sky-dome...AntFarm
    RDNA XenoFlora...Traveler
    Hydra...MallenLane
    Enterprise...MattyManx/David Metlesits

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Chohole on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648

Thanks, Kerya, Taozen.
    Wow, mmalbert, some nice renders!
    I pretty much prefer to not go any farther back than Genesis. I have the Gen 3 morphs for Genesis and so can use the clothes. Also It is easier to autofit clothes. Also you can put a lot of characters in a scene using Genesis at base resolution. 
    The older models are fun though, just because they don't look so real.

Total Enterprise feeling render! He really looks like Spock.

• Redfern said:

When Leonard Nimoy passed away, I felt motivated to complete a scene that had sat unfinished for quite some time. 

What a superb render! The likeness is amazing, and the setting really captures the TOS atmosphere.

mmalbert said:

Still fond of the older characters and use them from time to time.

*waves* Hi! =) 

...and while my newest scenes aren't ready yet (real life keeps getting in the way), I thought I could share links to some relatively recent stuff.

http://mustakettu85.deviantart.com/art/Why-488890119 - it's from 2014, featuring The Girl (the original Gen3 one)

http://mustakettu85.deviantart.com/art/Porcelain-and-Rose-522980579 - Aiko3, 2015

I like both of them.

The Girl picture is so sad ... and yes, no wars would be wonderful.

P.S. Veronica Year Three is in FastGrab 70% off: http://www.daz3d.com/veronica-year-three

• That Spock morph is a really nice one and I agree with Kettu that your render feels like TOS. 

Redfern said:

Still fond of the older characters and use them from time to time.

*waves* Hi! =) 

Hi! :)  I particularly like your A3 picture; she's very pretty.

Non-realism can sometimes be exactly what I'm after. For example, a little fun with V2/Roxanne -- Naughty and Nice.

v2_roxanne_naughty.jpg
    900 x 900 - 375K
    v2_roxanne_nice.jpg
    900 x 900 - 421K

smileysmileysmileysmileysmileysmiley

Both are looking great!

• Some of those preset faces are just fun to play with!

• Thank you ladies!

mmalbert said:

Non-realism can sometimes be exactly what I'm after. For example, a little fun with V2/Roxanne -- Naughty and Nice.

They're both great, but the "naughty" one has got so much character =)