Carrara Challenge #36 - Pinups and Cheesecake and Hunks - Oh My! - WIP Thread --Meet Ringo Monfort!

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

good advice on the aura.. and maybe a bit of a flashpoint aura at the end of the barrel by using a deformed primitive or organic model..

lot's of cool stuff going on by everyone yes

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Wow! Lots of Awesome going on!!! Bravo!!!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    head wax said:
    wgdjohn said:

My latest space ship Cyclone with Arcadia Rising on wing.  I've somewhat improved the lazer cannon beams... what I did was to copy the ones there before... resized one on each side then modified the new ones which are not round but very flat to create a halolike effect around the original ones... the new ones use Dart's invisible settings with the addition of adding a colour in the glow channel... to make them slightly visible I changed the Alpha channel from a 0 to 26 value... see pic.  I still plan to put a char or more inside the ship... time will tell. :)

I'll probably enter it a bit later... first I have to do my PT exercises.

Philemo Very good render and choice... My first Robert A. Heinlein book was "Citizen of a Galaxy"... after that I read probably all.

Perhaps a future Challenge can be based on Books or cover art.

CarrarArtists folks... all your work is looking great!

this has come along way!!!

have you tried the aura or halo (called something like  that ?) settings in Scene>Filter - they'll work if you  have a glow parameter

you can also render them as different passes so you can bump them up in post

Will give that a try since I'm still not that happy with the results of the lazerlike beams... hmmm perhaps I could render only the lazers and apply some effects in post.

Stezza said:

good advice on the aura.. and maybe a bit of a flashpoint aura at the end of the barrel by using a deformed primitive or organic model..

Sounds good too... that would add even a kewler look.

Thanks folks.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

WDJ, I love how that pinup turned out on your starfighter. She really pops, like she's displaced! looks great!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    Vyusur said:

Halloween in nearby moll taken by my smartphone in 2016

Great stuff.  Wish they had played near me.

WDJ, I love how that pinup turned out on your starfighter. She really pops, like she's displaced! looks great!

+1

edited October 2017

@wgdjohn here's a quick example to show how it could look - the tube beam primitive I like to have narrow and long.. just my personal preference

aura set to 1 on the beam

and set to 4 on the organic model which I quickly knocked up and smoothed out.. I found that larger than 4 gives it too much of a square appearance which I don't like.

hope this helps smiley

Phasers locked on.jpg
    800 x 600 - 173K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited October 2017

Thanks guys...  the first time I had set the opacity down for the pinup in post... this time I used the same pinup render but left it as is in the Carrara render.

Stezza, thanks for the settings.  Don't worry... I won't tell anyone you knocked up a model. :)

Post edited by wgdjohn on

lol

Dwarf Pumpkins

This is as far as I got tonight... got a late start since I dumbly downloaded what I purchased earlier... that could have been done while I slept.

Still might tweak the shading for the lazers and yet to add the organic model.  Instead I added one GSuited G2F inside ship... still only has material zones which I'll want to change of course... couldn't figure out how to do that in DS before saving as a scene subset... after adding I made the glass a bit clearer so it could be seen in one of the seats.  Hmmm wonder what star this ship is from... one driver on left??... wonder which side of the universe she drives on??

SpaceShipCyclone06test.png
    1440 x 960 - 1M
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Diomede said:
    Vyusur said:

Halloween in nearby moll taken by my smartphone in 2016

Great stuff.  Wish they had played near me.

Thank you for the comment!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited October 2017

Here is a WIP from me.

The girl and her clothing are all content.

Genesis and Persian Dream for V4 (coverted using the DAZ Studio plugin). And some VWD magic on the pants.

The rest are my own creations. Any and all feedback are more than velcome.

Doc4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 618K
    Post edited by Varsel on

Nice modeling Varsel!

I got an early start today so did some work on the GSuit2... lots of colour options since it's so versatile. Hopefully now the pilot/copilot will be able to be seen. Here is what I came up with so far.  Alien skin... hmmm might even frighful for those who stay out tonight.  Booooooo

Oh... don't make fun of those ancient boots... she's a time traverler due to the capabilities of the Cylone space ship.

G2F_Alien_driving.png
    640 x 480 - 97K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824

WOW Varsel you just upped the ante yes

I am afraid I will not be getting around to this again, still stressful work issues and waiting for my transfer

my life on pause at the moment

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

woes, how much time left?

edited October 2017

Happy Halloween

from the hunchwench of Notre Dame

Notre Dame football (American) is the green and gold, thus the hunchwench has greenish skin and blondish hair.

G2F, Dark Hearts outfit, and Dart's Badlands

EDIT: For those of you who are not fans of American football.  See song below.

devil composite 3 green and blonde.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited October 2017

Diomede, excuse an ignorant European, that plays football with a round ball, and gets a penalty if you pick up the ball,

but isn't the team colour for Notre Dame : blue and gold. It's Oregon that has green and yellow.

Acording to : https://teamcolorcodes.com/ncaa-color-codes/

Post edited by Varsel on
    edited October 2017

Wow, I am truly impressed!  While the official colors are blue and gold, the tradition of the green jerseys is deep, deep magic. It is only for special moments that Notre Dame wears the green - a tradition going back about 90 years, which is a long time in the US.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359516-the-green-machine-a-history-of-notre-dames-green-jerseys

Post edited by Diomede on

My little spark of knowledge is because of Knute Rockne. After all, he was a Norwegian, and actually from my part of Norway, ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voss ) so when some of us excels, we tend to remember them.

Voss looks very beautiful.  I really need to travel more.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited October 2017

Happy Halloween!

Doc11.png
    831 x 1000 - 2M
    Doc5.png
    700 x 750 - 479K
    Post edited by Vyusur on

I'm now at a standstill... or rather Carrara is... I could not duplicate the actor so loaded it again... then applied the shader I had saved for it only to get this requester... now Carrara is locked up... the requester will not close, cancel or anything... oh well I'll try restarting via Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Durn shader didn't like me dragging it to the multi-color shader ball at upper right.

CarraraFreezeUp.png
    1366 x 768 - 328K

The required setup picture. I did put in the screens in the back, just to fill the background, and to contrast the glasses and bottle.

I have also done some work on the skin shader. Fixed the highlight, and added a small glow, using the Fake Fresnel from Digital Carvers Guild, to simulate sub-surface scattering.

I did also add a spotligth that only lights up the girl. 

setup.jpg
    1000 x 789 - 482K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Varsel said:

The required setup picture. I did put in the screens in the back, just to fill the background, and to contrast the glasses and bottle.

I have also done some work on the skin shader. Fixed the highlight, and added a small glow, using the Fake Fresnel from Digital Carvers Guild, to simulate sub-surface scattering.

I did also add a spotligth that only lights up the girl. 

Hey Varsel, that looks great!  Good to see you entering.  Wish evilproducer would make an appearance - his pinups were part of the reason I picked this topic.

Your setup is classic - model, prop, and white background.  You ever think about adding a caption to it?  A lot of classic pinups had clever little captions.

Mistara said:

Almost two weeks!

th3Digit said:

I am afraid I will not be getting around to this again, still stressful work issues and waiting for my transfer

Sorry to hear.  Hope it gets better soon!

edited October 2017
    Diomede said:

Happy Halloween

from the hunchwench of Notre Dame

Notre Dame football (American) is the green and gold, thus the hunchwench has greenish skin and blondish hair.

G2F, Dark Hearts outfit, and Dart's Badlands

Vyusur said:

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween to yourselves! (sorry, I looked, but I don't have a render handy)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited October 2017

The latest version. Never thought about any caption, but, hey I got two weeks to be clever.....

My format is so it can be used as a desktop wallpaper. And it is really annoying someone special to me.

Doc4b.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Varsel on
    Stezza said:

Dwarf Pumpkins

Must be one of those Australia things.smiley

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mistara said:

Almost two weeks!

th3Digit said:

Sorry to hear.  Hope it gets better soon!

2!  slightly less panicky

tryimg to do more with the cornea and eye moisture, i been doing unexciting transparency
    and thinking on Raistlin's hourglass pupils