Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088
    frank0314 said:

On another note, it seems that most of the troubles with the new build are occurring on Macs. I have seen little complaint for PC users. As I have a PC, it might be OK to take the plunge.

Yep, see my comment just above. That's why I wait, as I am a Mac user. I really do like DAZ Studio. I'm not trying to be an annoyance. I really appreciate the improvements that have been made in the last several years.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited October 2017
    namffuak said:
    kyoto kid said:

How about in DIM?

...can't use it as my work system does not have Net access or wireless.

If you can get an external usb drive dim will work just fine. I take my laptop to my favorite wi-fi hotspot, plug in the drive with my dim download directory on it and fire up dim. Do the downloads. Take the drive home and plug it into the main system, fire up dim, and do the installs. The key is to NOT delete the downloads. And any size usb drive should work - I've got a massive amount of purchases and freebies and I'm using 670 GB of space on the drive.

Now, as to your current issue - is there a possibility that you've an ad-blocker or greasemonkey modification that's gone tilt? I messed up adblock+ once and had the entire store suppressed. Try whitelisting the product library page and see if that helps.

...Greasemonkey was deactivated by a previous FF update as it was no longer compatible and I ended up uninstalling it. 

I never had Adblock Plus interfere with DLs from the Daz site and I've changed no security or plugin/add on settings since downloading 4.9.4.122. LIke I mentioned (I believe here or on the other thread) I tested a DL of some content I bought the other night and it downloaded flawlessly. If the Daz site was blacklisted I couldn't even purchase things from the store.  It seems to be something just with the 4.10 installer that is causing the issue. It isn't being flagged or quarrantined by my AV (again niether were earlier installers for the Daz core programme) or I'd get a pop up from it mentioning so.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

OK, one option is to wait.
    But wait for what?

There is a serious refraction bug. Well known sind now  - a good 1.5 years.
    And?
    Nothing happens.

• mcpughmcpugh Posts: 93

So I keep getting this error at launch saying something like this program can't run on Windows 10.  Because a few other programs were giving me this error, I assumed the problem was my PC.  Normally, a reinstall of these programs will fix it (again). However, DAZ doesn't want to reinstall through DIM.  It's showing as installed but the launcher is nowhere to be found AND it's the only product that says "Uninstall - ?" on the far right.  No problem.  I'll just reinstall the old fashioned way, without DIM.  So the DAZ site takes me to the "Get Studio" page, but when I click on the manual download button, version 4.10 is nowhere to be found.  I know it's the same thing you've been hearing since this version was released.  But, can someone please give me an alternate download link for version 4.10?  

Thank you.

• The best way is to get it from the Product Library page in your store account. Use 4.x as the filter.

The best way is to get it from the Product Library page in your store account. Use 4.x as the filter.

Ah... 4.x.  Got it.  Thank you.

Nope.  Still having problems.  Going back to 4.9.  I don't think 4.10 should have been released yet.

• mcpugh said:

So I keep getting this error at launch saying something like this program can't run on Windows 10.  Because a few other programs were giving me this error, I assumed the problem was my PC.  Normally, a reinstall of these programs will fix it (again). However, DAZ doesn't want to reinstall through DIM.  It's showing as installed but the launcher is nowhere to be found AND it's the only product that says "Uninstall - ?" on the far right.  No problem.  I'll just reinstall the old fashioned way, without DIM.  So the DAZ site takes me to the "Get Studio" page, but when I click on the manual download button, version 4.10 is nowhere to be found.  I know it's the same thing you've been hearing since this version was released.  But, can someone please give me an alternate download link for version 4.10?  

Thank you.

McAfee? It is damaging soem needed files, so DS won't run but shows as installed. Disconnect your PC, disable McAfee, uninstall DS, reinstall DS, renable McAfee, tell it to trust DS, and reconnect.

edited October 2017
    mcpugh said:

Thank you.

McAfee? It is damaging soem needed files, so DS won't run but shows as installed. Disconnect your PC, disable McAfee, uninstall DS, reinstall DS, renable McAfee, tell it to trust DS, and reconnect.

The more I try the worse this gets.  I can't get it to install at all now.  DIM says "Intall failed" and the manual install gives me the error "Error copying  file from packed archive..."

So this time I clicked "ignore" and when I launch DAZ it I get an error that reads "Windows cannot access specified device, path, or files.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."  I am signed on as an admin.  The file it's trying to access is DAZStudio.exe and my McAfee is disabled.

Post edited by mcpugh on
    edited October 2017

The best way is to get it from the Product Library page in your store account. Use 4.x as the filter.

...I do so, I click on it when  it appears in the list, but nothing happens.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited October 2017

Anyone have a direct link to DAZ 4.9?

(SO glad I didn't by any of that dForce content.)

Post edited by mcpugh on
  • kyoto kid said:

...I do so, I click on it when  it appears in the list, but nothing happens.

Wait for some seconds, it does load ... eventually.

...I've waited severl minutes and nothing appears.

• mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:

Thank you.

The more I try the worse this gets.  I can't get it to install at all now.  DIM says "Intall failed" and the manual install gives me the error "Error copying  file from packed archive..."

So this time I clicked "ignore" and when I launch DAZ it I get an error that reads "Windows cannot access specified device, path, or files.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them."  I am signed on as an admin.  The file it's trying to access is DAZStudio.exe and my McAfee is disabled.

Try the standalone installer.

• kyoto kid said:

Contact Customer Services, someone said somewhere they might be able to give you a direct download link.

mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:

Thank you.

I did.  That's where the error I mentioned above "Error copying file from packed archive" came from.

• mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:

Thank you.

I did.  That's where the error I mentioned above "Error copying file from packed archive" came from.

Do you have System Restore enabled? If so, try restoring to a point before you tried to install DS. Then disable your AV and try installing it again.

kyoto kid said:

Contact Customer Services, someone said somewhere they might be able to give you a direct download link.

..Richard mentioned that as well. Was hoping to find any other "back doors" before taking that last resort.

I just downloaded, for the umpteenth time, the standalone install called "DAZStudio_4.10.0.107_Win64" onto my desktop and launched the installer from there.  I noticed that the installer is wanting to install it into the "Public Build" folder instead of the regular folder.  Wondering if that's a related issue.  So this time it did launch, but it launched a public build version.

mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:

Thank you.

Do you have System Restore enabled? If so, try restoring to a point before you tried to install DS. Then disable your AV and try installing it again.

Last system restore point I have is when I was using Windows 7 a long time ago.   My bad.

...isn't that for beta relsases?

edited October 2017
    kyoto kid said:

Yeah, I thought so, but I clicked on the non-beta download.  In fact, there is no beta-release button on my list of choices.

Post edited by mcpugh on
  • mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:
    mcpugh said:

Thank you.

Last system restore point I have is when I was using Windows 7 a long time ago.   My bad.

I personally don't use it, some do.

Well, I think there is a deeper issue with your system. Especially as you had issues with other software as well. What you can try is uninstall DS completely, including plugins. If you have any installed via DIM, uninstall thru that. Run any external DS uninstallers as well. Check that there are no DAZ Studio folders in \Program Files\ afterwards. Reboot and try installing it again, trying DIM first. Make sure your AV is disabled.

mcpugh said:
    kyoto kid said:

Yeah, I thought so, but I clicked on the non-beta download.  In fact, there is no beta-release button on my list of choices.

...yeah, beta releases are only availble through the DIM. Just sounds odd that it wants to install in that folder.

• PandaAnonymousPandaAnonymous Posts: 51
    edited October 2017

I'm getting so many issues with this new update, I can't for the life of me focus on my characters like I desire, any little twitch sends the view swirling off somewhere. A lot of my files are now suddenly missing, both in my daz library and my custom content library and I just can't deal and I honestly just want my old studio back at this point.

I'm just going to have to reinstall everything again. 

Post edited by PandaAnonymous on

...hmm that concerns me as well since I also have a custom runtime setup for all my older content and freebies.  Maybe not being able to download is a good thing. I still cannot get the CMS to work in 4.9.4 even though Task Manager indiicates it's running and it shows up in preferences with an assigned port number.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

A lot of my files are now suddenly missing, both in my daz library and my custom content library and I just can't deal and I honestly just want my old studio back at this point.

Note that "reinstall everything" might not be necessary — it sounds like your content database and actual content files are probably untouched, but the content location preferences in D|S have glitched. Check your settings in the Content Database Manager, to see if they still match where your content folders actually are.

• PandaAnonymousPandaAnonymous Posts: 51
    edited October 2017

A lot of my files are now suddenly missing, both in my daz library and my custom content library and I just can't deal and I honestly just want my old studio back at this point.

Note that "reinstall everything" might not be necessary — it sounds like your content database and actual content files are probably untouched, but the content location preferences in D|S have glitched. Check your settings in the Content Database Manager, to see if they still match where your content folders actually are.

See I wish it was that but it's not all my files, just certain things are missing, and those things include textures and other random files that makeup one item. So my options are limited to going through each file to find which one is missing files and then insert the missing files, or just reinstall everything.

The reinstalling bit seems to be the best choice out of the two, DMI can install the daz files. All I have to worry about is trying to get my personal content library up and running again... gotta hunt all the freebies I had.

Post edited by PandaAnonymous on

I think I figured it out.  The file called "DAZStudio.exe" had one of those Windows lock on it to where it can't be moved, deleted, or overwritten.  I had to (somehow) take ownership of that file so I could delete it.  Then I pointed the installler to the DAZStudio4 folder and all is well now.  Not sure, but I don't think that was DAZ's fault. 

• How do I get that "Simulate" button on my menu?  I watched the video and went to test it, but I cannot find Simulate anywhere.