Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    edited October 2017

I don't remember if I shared this already... it was one of my unofficial promos for Iridescent shaders.

I LOVE how it makes clothing flow around dancers.

And this is one of those cases where an animated timeline was key, because going directly from start to pose made the hand clip through the leg.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • LOL @Artini. I can say with absolute confidence Aave Nainen and I never in a million years could have dreamed that dress would eventually be put on hedgehog.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

LOL @Artini. I can say with absolute confidence Aave Nainen and I never in a million years could have dreamed that dress would eventually be put on hedgehog.

LOL you can say that again, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

LOL DG!

Will- that looks great! What a pose! 

One thing I'm noticing- after two or three drapes, the older clothing seems to explode. If I don't get it right the first or second time, I need to clear the simulation, save the scene and reload it. Anyone else having that issue? 

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

I'm in the habit of clearing simulation frequently as it does seem to make a difference, I haven't so far needed to save and reload the scene though.

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

so impressive. I like them all. Great job everyone! Great job Daz! Wow! Amazing!

And...question. Is it possible to add wind in addition to gravity to the environment?

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited October 2017

Here are a couple of quick renders using some of the new dForce cloths.
    The fun part on these renders is not the cloths.  The box that she is sitting on is a primative that is set as dynamic @ 0.5 dynamics strength.  This causes the box to hold it's shape, but give when pressed against.

dForce06.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    dForce07.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
    edited October 2017

Ooh, that's cool, JamesJAB! Hadn't thought of using it that way before.

Toga Sal

Here's Sal again, in the Optitex Dynamic Toga and Skirt for M4 and Freak 4. I went with Freak 4 because it's bigger and has more space to contract. Defaults work pretty well with it. I added a little extra Bend Stiffness to the belt area. Too much other fiddling and it explodes. Because it's an Optitex model, there aren't any morphs to help adjust things after draping. I tried fitting it on an ogre, but without those adjustments, it's hard to get it to look right on someone so big. It turned out pretty good on Sal.

Toga-Sal.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 492K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited October 2017

Here is the old Daz gorilla in a new shirt.  It is my first DForce test.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

JamesJab, that cube cushion is outstanding!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Might be a stupid question, and it probably have been responded to either in this thread or elsewhere, but can't find it (I'm probably blind ;P) but... when you use older clothes on genesis 8 etc, are you doing the normal autofit or something else? I'm curious since autofit tend to give some odd looks ever so often, and I don't see that in the pics that has been shown :)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575
    Carola O said:

Might be a stupid question, and it probably have been responded to either in this thread or elsewhere, but can't find it (I'm probably blind ;P) but... when you use older clothes on genesis 8 etc, are you doing the normal autofit or something else? I'm curious since autofit tend to give some odd looks ever so often, and I don't see that in the pics that has been shown :)

Not a silly question at all! Autofit can lead to some undesirable effects on the clothing geometry that do not sim well. What I've been doing, is fit the clothing to a second figure (that it was designed for). Hide this figure, and morph/pose/dform/transform the hidden figure to fit the clothing to the target figure. Not only can you avoid autofit this way, but you can further customize the fit of the clothing item, too.

- Greg

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

Thanks a lot, Llynara, DestinysGarden and Aave Nainen.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    magnumdaz said:

so impressive. I like them all. Great job everyone! Great job Daz! Wow! Amazing!

And...question. Is it possible to add wind in addition to gravity to the environment?

Yes there is a wind function

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited October 2017

This is Queen of Heart for V4.  It worked fairly well on the skirt as you can see but no matter what I did the sleeves would not move at all on the jacket.

QUEEN OF HEARTS.png
    1563 x 2500 - 7M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2017

Here's G3 wearing another of my dresses not available yet.

G3 Short Dress.jpg
    1063 x 881 - 732K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
  • Artini said:

She looks properly confused about something... laugh

edited October 2017

dforce Fiona Dress

Kind of nice to play with something that's supposed to work. This is the dForce Fiona dress. I managed to blow it up once when I forgot to turn off the hair for the simulation. I did actually try to drape Perrin Hair. It actually went through the simulation, but stuck to her body crazily. I even tried draping just the hair without the body. Kind of weird results on that. There are enough morphs to make it look somewhat like it's falling backwards. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • RadioactiveLilyRadioactiveLily Posts: 351
    edited November 2017

A super simple but oldie Poser dynamic piece... Heart Poncho for V3 from RDNA.

Post edited by RadioactiveLily on
    edited October 2017
    magnumdaz said:

This is why you don't stand on grates!  There are those who would place upward facing fans.
    Unlike the old Optitex dynamics engine, dForce seems to handle fingers quite well.

Post edited by JamesJAB on

This is an experiment trying to make 'smoke.'

The raw effect... didn't look that great. Looked like nothing more than a really transparent sheet flopping around her. With a special shader (one of several I'm working on), though, it took on a little more of a convincing look.

Smoking Hot.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 219K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

That’s interesting Will. Could also be an cobweb effect which is what it reminds me of.

There are definitely interesting possibilities for weird fx.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited October 2017

Not a particularly complicated pose, but the coat was giving me fits... it also isn't draping the way I want, because anything to make it more leather like caused DS to crash on my machine (I completely accept that the problem is my machine)

Anzhar character image.png
    800 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited October 2017

Ok, I finally got around experimenting with this as well, and besides getting the program to flop over and simulate death I managed some results with simple shapes.

I utterly failed at trying to get the lady lie down and then drape the plane as blanket over her, no she put the blanket over her head and then lay down ... so how do I remove her from the simulation or fix her pose lying on the floor and then start the draping simulation ?

Screenshot 2017-10-29 21.44.17.png
    1688 x 1018 - 499K
    Post edited by Linwelly on
    JamesJAB said:
    magnumdaz said:

This is why you don't stand on grates!  There are those who would place upward facing fans.
    Unlike the old Optitex dynamics engine, dForce seems to handle fingers quite well.

how do you get that wind blowing? there are awesome options with that

• Linwelly said:

Ok, I finally got around experimenting with this as well, and besides getting the program to flop over and simulate death I managed some results with simple shapes.

I utterly failed at trying to get the lady lie down and then drape the plane as blanket over her, no she put the blanket over her head and then lay down ... so how do I remove her from the simulation or fix her pose lying on the floor and then start the draping simulation ?

I think you probably need to turn off the option to start from the memorised pose, which in your case would be the zeroed pose.

• Linwelly said:
    JamesJAB said:
    magnumdaz said:

DS is rendering so i can't check, but theer should be a command in the create menu to add a wind node.

Linwelly said:

I think you probably need to turn off the option to start from the memorised pose, which in your case would be the zeroed pose.

Thanks a lot yes i finally found the button for that as well :D

Linwelly said:
    JamesJAB said:
    magnumdaz said:

DS is rendering so i can't check, but theer should be a command in the create menu to add a wind node.

Will have a look for that tomorrow

Linwelly said:
    JamesJAB said:
    magnumdaz said:

Create -> New dForce Wind Node

This will create a little fan that you can move and control in your scene just like you would with a camera or spotlight.

And you can keyframe animate it including changing the wind speed in the animation timeline.