Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited October 2017

...I cannot use the DIM on my work system as it no longer has Net access (nor wireless capability). I have not experienced the inability to manually download any installers until the 4.10 General Release. It is not because of the Malware Bytes AV utility as according to Windows Task Manager, it isn't even listed as an active process.  The notebook I have is an older 32 bit system, but that shouldn't matter as I am just using it to download the installer file to transfer to my 64 bit system, not installing the programme on it.

I had no difficulty downloading the 4.9.4.122 64 bit Windows General Release installer on it as well as content install zips, (just did so a few moments ago), also the dForce Starter Essentials shows up in my product library (but not the latest installer for the programme) so I don't understand what the deal is.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

I still show Daz Studio 4.9 icon on my desktop along with the new 4.10. Should I uninstalll 4.9?

• Samanthie said:

I still show Daz Studio 4.9 icon on my desktop along with the new 4.10. Should I uninstalll 4.9?

Is 4.9 a beta?

• kyoto kid said:

...I cannot use the DIM on my work system as it no longer has Net access (nor wireless capability). I have not experienced the inability to manually download any installers until the 4.10 General Release. It is not because of the Malware Bytes AV utility as according to Windows Task Manager, it isn't even listed as an active process.  The notebook I have is an older 32 bit system, but that shouldn't matter as I am just using it to download the installer file to transfer to my 64 bit system, not installing the programme on it.

I had no difficulty downloading the 4.9.4.122 64 bit Windows General Release installer on it as well as content install zips, (just did so a few moments ago), also the dForce Starter Essentials shows up in my product library (but not the latest installer for the programme) so I don't understand what the deal is.

Pleae post screenshots showing your Download Filters - launched from the button at top-left of the Ready to Download tab. Also try enabling the Show Hidden option.

Hi DoctorJellybean, No and I just clicked on 4.9 and it is bringing up 4.10. So I have both icons and 4.9 is 'really' 4.10 I guess. So probably just delete 4.9 icon?

also in control panel I just show DazStudio 4.9.

• To be on the safe side, right-click each icon and select Properties. Look in the Target box and see if both point to the same location. If they do, then yes, you can just delete the 4.9 icon.

One question: did you install 4.10 through DIM?

edited October 2017

To be on the safe side, right-click each icon and select Properties. Look in the Target box and see if both point to the same location. If they do, then yes, you can just delete the 4.9 icon.

One points to 4.9 the other to 4.10 but they both bring up 4.10 strange. Yes I installed through DIM.

Post edited by Samanthie on
  • Samanthie said:

To be on the safe side, right-click each icon and select Properties. Look in the Target box and see if both point to the same location. If they do, then yes, you can just delete the 4.9 icon.

One points to 4.9 the other to 4.10 but they both bring up 4.10 strange. Yes I installed through DIM.

Ok, personally I would uninstall the 4.10 which you installed thru DIM. Download the 4.x standalone installer (like you did for the 4.9 when you had the PostgreSQL issue) and install that. It should uninstall the 4.9 installation. When you go to your Product Library, enter 4.x in the Filter box.

• I tried to install 4.10 through the daz installer. It wiped out my Daz 4.9+ from my Mac, and did not install 4.10. Now 4.10 is not an installation option, and my 4.9+ is gone leaving me with nothing. Suggestions?

Samanthie said:

Ok, personally I would uninstall the 4.10 which you installed thru DIM. Download the 4.x standalone installer (like you did for the 4.9 when you had the PostgreSQL issue) and install that. It should uninstall the 4.9 installation. When you go to your Product Library, enter 4.x in the Filter box.

That worked! Just have one icon now 4.10. Thanks again for your help! :)

• No problem.

Whenever there is a newer General Release version, get the installer from your Product Library and use that for installation (that way you have a backup installation file in case you need it). The plug-ins you can download and install using DIM.

No problem.

Whenever there is a newer General Release version, get the installer from your Product Library and use that for installation (that way you have a backup installation file in case you need it). The plug-ins you can download and install using DIM.

I'll do that from now on, thanks. :)

...I've backed up installers since 1.8.
    kyoto kid said:

Pleae post screenshots showing your Download Filters - launched from the button at top-left of the Ready to Download tab. Also try enabling the Show Hidden option.

...will do that when I get home later. Taking a pub break while doing errands at the moment.
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

I tried to install 4.10 through the daz installer. It wiped out my Daz 4.9+ from my Mac, and did not install 4.10. Now 4.10 is not an installation option, and my 4.9+ is gone leaving me with nothing. Suggestions?

GOSH !!! I'm very sorry. As a Macintosh user, I sympathize. This is why I haven't tried to install 4.10 yet. Is this a general problem for Mac users, I wonder? I hope someone will be able to help you with what happened and that you will be able to get 4.10 working on your Macintosh system. 

What version of the Mac OS are you running, btw? I'm running 10.12.6 (Sierra). I haven't upgraded to High Sierra for reasons similar to why I haven't upgraded to DS 4.10 yet. There are some issues with the new High Sierra OS.

edited October 2017

..OK here are the screen shots:

Fig 1 is the 4.10 downloads page

Fig 2 is all I get I click on the Daz Studio 4.x+ selection on my product page.

Daz Selection screen.jpg
    1092 x 730 - 278K
    product library.jpg
    1068 x 734 - 221K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • How about in DIM?

• I have the same problem...in DIM no Available Download and no Download possible on my Product page...

PS: It doesn't matter which product you choose none appears on the product page

How about in DIM?

...can't use it as my work system does not have Net access or wireless.

• I did flag this up and there's no sign of a general issue so I can suggest only opening a Sales Support ticket.

Again, I'm a Macintosh user, but in my DIM, I do see DAZStudio 4.10 (Mac 64-bit), GO Z for DAZStudio 4.10, and dforce Starter Essentials. Running OS 10.12.6 (Sierra). Have not tried to download though.

• This is all good and well yet there is a feature which is sorely missing in DS. Namely: proper IK manipulation. Come on, guys, it works in POSER. You can certainly get there, can't you?

It's been eons now...

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749

This is all good and well yet there is a feature which is sorely missing in DS. Namely: proper IK manipulation. Come on, guys, it works in POSER. You can certainly get there, can't you?

It's been eons now...

IK only works in poser for an entire session.
    if you use IK at any point and then try to turn it off it ruins
    the entire animation retroactively.

At least the DAZ "pins" wont ruin your entire animation
    if you try to toggle them off & on.

• Hmmm! Seems my comments are being deleted somehow! I was sure I posted one in this thread, and after searching all the comments of each page, it does not appear. I know it could not possibly be considered offensive in any way, yet it is not to be found at all.

Here is what I was saying in that comment:

I have downloaded DAZ Studio 4.10, but have not yet installed it. My reason for not doing so is that I wish to know that it is a stable build before committing. I have the final DS 4.9 build installed on this PC now, and I find it is quite stable. I do not wish to lose that stability. So I would like to know from other users that have DS 4.10 installed already, how stable this current build is.

Now I will add more to say here:

If anybody knows how I could preserve the latest DS 4.9 build, in case I should need to reinstall it, or how I could have both DS 4.9 and DS 4.10 installed on this machine, I would definitely appreciate the information. Personally, I'd like to have the former option mentioned rather than the latter.

Thank you.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

No post from you has been removed by us.

• SuSoleilSuSoleil Posts: 94
    edited October 2017

Another Mac user here, with Sierra as operating system. Downloaded Daz Studio 4.10 without a hitch, however ....

It seems that the IRAY render engine is slower than it was on 4.9. AND whenever I try a simulation, even using dForce essentials, the program crashes or the computer freezes up. Granted, I have an "old" laptop, Macbook Pro, late 2011, but I didn't have any trouble with the last 4.9 build -- and I now wish I could go back to it. Instead of a step forward, Daz Studio 4.10 is apparently a significant step backward for me. If anyone knows how to revert to the last build, then please share. Thanks!

Post edited by SuSoleil on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    kyoto kid said:

How about in DIM?

...can't use it as my work system does not have Net access or wireless.

If you can get an external usb drive dim will work just fine. I take my laptop to my favorite wi-fi hotspot, plug in the drive with my dim download directory on it and fire up dim. Do the downloads. Take the drive home and plug it into the main system, fire up dim, and do the installs. The key is to NOT delete the downloads. And any size usb drive should work - I've got a massive amount of purchases and freebies and I'm using 670 GB of space on the drive.

Now, as to your current issue - is there a possibility that you've an ad-blocker or greasemonkey modification that's gone tilt? I messed up adblock+ once and had the entire store suppressed. Try whitelisting the product library page and see if that helps.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited October 2017
    frank0314 said:

No post from you has been removed by us.

Thanks for the reply. It could be a connection problem then. I kind of suspected as much. my landlord provides WiFi, but the service provider is not so good at addressing issues. I do have a smartphone which can provide a hotspot, but to keep my data usage down, I often use the other connection to post comments in the various forums I visit.

On another note, it seems that most of the troubles with the new build are occurring on Macs. I have seen little complaint for PC users. As I have a PC, it might be OK to take the plunge.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
    SuSoleil said:

Another Mac user here, with Sierra as operating system. Downloaded Daz Studio 4.10 without a hitch, however ....

It seems that the IRAY render engine is slower than it was on 4.9. AND whenever I try a simulation, even using dForce essentials, the program crashes or the computer freezes up. Granted, I have an "old" laptop, Macbook Pro, late 2011, but I didn't have any trouble with the last 4.9 build -- and I now wish I could go back to it. Instead of a step forward, Daz Studio 4.10 is apparently a significant step backward for me. If anyone knows how to revert to the last build, then please share. Thanks!

That's why I usually wait. They probably will get these problems solved in a later build of DS, such as 4.10.1 or 4.10.2. I somewhat suspect that more attention is given to the PC version than to the Mac version, but I've been told that's not true. Perhaps there's no intent to do that. Maybe the developers are more PC users than Mac users. So, I'm not accusing anyone of intentionally slighting Mac users.

I've never tried reverting to a last build, but do you have the installer saved? If not, try contacting Tech Support. I've read that they are friendly in allowing users to download the installer to an earlier version.  If you do succeed with that, please let us know. (good for me to know)