Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    The Easy Environments are great for testing and/or showing off props and characters (e.g. making renders for character cards)

This started as a basic materials test, but when I thought it was looking pretty good, I added Top Of The World for the 4x4 to sit in... makes image look much more planned than it originally was

;-)

Hee hee. It's a great render, very well lit, but I'm afraid of heights, and the thought of someone driving that thing up there gives me the deep willies.

Yes, I still bought the set. :D I am extremely pleased with all of the Easy Environments pieces and now consider Flipmode one of my Must Buy set artists. Not much is more valuable to me than a set that "just works" when I need it to!

• GrovelightGrovelight Posts: 50
    edited April 2013

Looking forward to getting Top of the World soon but the Road to Hell is still keeping me very busy - such as great set. Just wanted to say thank you for creating such a brilliant product and I am especially like the included willow trees.

Post edited by Grovelight on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited April 2013

Greetings,

Looking forward to getting Top of the World soon but the Road to Hell is still keeping me very busy - such as great set. Just wanted to say thank you for creating such a brilliant product and I am especially like the included willow trees.
    I just realized that what I'd love as an 'Easy Environment' is an ocean / lake scene. Something I could drop Pier View on, for instance, and have it look like it's jutting out over water, with all the excellent features that the Easy Environments stuff has.

(Btw, I'm _loving_ this series! I'll have to put a render up soon, but I'm skittering around, trying out all the stuff I bought this March!)

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

Dragons anyone?

Just a try-out to see if I can create some fitting textures for the SkyCube...

SkyCube-02-dragons.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 460K
    edited December 1969

And here it is in the promos for an upcoming product (this is the only one of the promos I can show on the forum 'til another product is released, as this is an F4 character).

Popup03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 971K
  • Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Absolutely great promo pic, SickleYield.
    ...and his clothes looks prima as well! :)
    Just wonder about this outfit and quessing it's for Genesis, isn't it?

edited April 2013

Absolutely great promo pic, SickleYield.
    ...and his clothes looks prima as well! :)
    Just wonder about this outfit and quessing it's for Genesis, isn't it?

Yep. I make clothes for Genesis. It's the F4 dialed morph.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Mikey will be so unhappy when he sees that.

He really doesn't like that that new guy gets all the shiney things, and he gets so little. Maybe I'll try bribing him with another new vehicle. It's about the only toys he gets anymore :P

And here it is in the promos for an upcoming product (this is the only one of the promos I can show on the forum 'til another product is released, as this is an F4 character).

On another note, I'm finally ready to put the finishing touches on my Top of the World image. Soon it shall be here!

edited December 1969

He really doesn't like that that new guy gets all the shiney things, and he gets so little. Maybe I'll try bribing him with another new vehicle. It's about the only toys he gets anymore :P

On another note, I'm finally ready to put the finishing touches on my Top of the World image. Soon it shall be here!

It fits the M4/M5 morphs too. ;)

edited December 1969

Mikey is Gen4, which is why I have to bribe him with vehicles.

It fits the M4/M5 morphs too. ;)

edited December 1969

I think I can, I think I can ... said the little airship as she barely cleared the top of the world.

Top-of-the-World.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 587K
  • Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Beautiful images!!

Having fun with Easy Environments and Technopolis.

inthebluefuture.jpg
    1500 x 938 - 382K
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Sorry I didn`t stop by to say thanks for posting the new renders the last few days ... needed a few days off after finishing my next product.
    So, better late than never > thanks! ;)
    It`s really helping the motivation to see all the cool stuff you do with the sets.

Great looking clothing set SickleYield, nicely detailed folds. Happy to see you using Top of the World on the promo!

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Sorry I didn`t stop by to say thanks for posting the new renders the last few days ... needed a few days off after finishing my next product.
    So, better late than never > thanks! ;)
    It`s really helping the motivation to see all the cool stuff you do with the sets.

Great looking clothing set SickleYield, nicely detailed folds. Happy to see you using Top of the World on the promo!

It really is a great set of props!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid of heights too and this set does frighten me. What helped was to reduce the size of M4 and the elephants to about 25%. Then the whole feeling wasn't so ominous. Scary enough but not look-away frightening.

FM-TotW-Elephants.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 240K
    edited December 1969

Yes, that looks safe enough, and almost snowy ;) Thanks!

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Anyone have any tips to get these to show up/work in Reality or Luxus for LuxRender?

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited April 2013

fusionla said:
    Anyone have any tips to get these to show up/work in Reality or Luxus for LuxRender?
    Turn it into a light emitter, then adjust on-the-fly in Luxrender ...mostly a case of turning light strength down so it's strong enough to be seen but not strong enough to look like it's actually a light - then use mesh lights to light the actual scene inside the skybox.
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    fusionla said:
    Turn it into a light emitter, then adjust on-the-fly in Luxrender ...mostly a case of turning light strength down so it's strong enough to be seen but not strong enough to look like it's actually a light - then use mesh lights to light the actual scene inside the skybox.

Thank you,
    Just could not figure out what was going on, I was getting plain white where the Skybox was.
    Got it pretty close to what I was seeing in DAZ Studio.
    It's more work, a little easier in Reality vs Luxus since Reality keeps the texture for the Skybox and Luxus does not.
    But you can get some nice results (atmospheric, scfi, ocean look) with the light color after making it an emitter.

@Flipmode,
    Top of the World is the first set I got, but now I want them all.... Nice job on the Easy Environments.

Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.47_.13_PM_.jpeg
    508 x 513 - 75K
    Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.50_.43_PM_.jpeg
    510 x 507 - 72K
    Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.50_.03_PM_.jpeg
    511 x 519 - 69K
    Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.51_.00_PM_.jpeg
    1043 x 704 - 193K
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:

...@Flipmode,
    Top of the World is the first set I got, but now I want them all.... Nice job on the Easy Environments.

Thanks, glad you like it!
    Unfortunately I can`t join the Luxus/Reality talk...I don`t use either of them yet. But good to know you can get the sets to work with it somehow.
    Coloring the skybox works within DS/Poser as well, by adjusting the ambience color. But I think the results look a bit different from the renders you posted.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

I really love these sets and have bought them all. The first thing I do is load them up from the Poser runtime, then save them as a Daz scene so they are handy for my normal location.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but I'd love to see a becach/ocean environment that might include beach, rocky and cliff foregrounds.

edited December 1969

Thanks Marieah :)

I think I overestimate the amount of people using the smart content tab, I thought most users wouldn`t even notice Poser/DS fileformats anymore.

Beach/Ocean ... will be one of the next four sets I have planned, well, if I can get the whole water thing right.
    Right now I am working on some none-easy-environment stuff, so it will be a while before I get to continue the series.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks Marieah :)

I think I overestimate the amount of people using the smart content tab, I thought most users wouldn`t even notice Poser/DS fileformats anymore.

Beach/Ocean ... will be one of the next four sets I have planned, well, if I can get the whole water thing right.
    Right now I am working on some none-easy-environment stuff, so it will be a while before I get to continue the series.

I'd love to see a beach too, but I'm sure I will be interested in whatever you do next.

edited December 1969

I forgot to mention the beach/ocean thing i am planning on will most likely be rather dark/northern style, not exactly hawaii or something ;)
    Just not to mislead anyone.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    I forgot to mention the beach/ocean thing i am planning on will most likely be rather dark/northern style, not exactly hawaii or something ;)

I still want it. I live near those beaches.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Yes, that looks safe enough, and almost snowy ;) Thanks!

Well, re the 'almost snowy' I think I found a buglet in Studio 4.5. I had done the scene but applied a snow shader to the ground. When I reloaded the next day I decided I didn't want the snow. Since there are no mat files, I simply deleted the skybox and ground leaving only the figures, then reloaded the environment fresh from the library.

The snow remained though I swear it looked different from the day before so I doubted myself about what it should look like and continued on.

No permanent damage, I can load the environment into a fresh scene just fine. No snow.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Any news on the next set? It's been awefully quiet around here for the past month.

Used your set in these renders (skybox and lights only):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8790879547/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8853445865/

edited December 1969

Thanks for the links to the renders Norse!

The talking got kinda hijacked over to this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21646/ lately, but it will be back here as soon as I have a new set to show.
    Right now I am working on a clothing item which will eat up one or two more weeks, after that I`ll take care of the next easy environments.

edited December 1969

Hi guys!

Ok, it`s been a while, but finally there`s a new Easy Environments set coming. :)

To start with, I`d like to point to cosmos`s thread for the series.
    It has a ton of great renders using these sets, so it might be useful for everyone who wants to get a deeper look on what users did, beyond the stuff that was already posted here.
    Link: cosmo`s thread

Now, on to the new set >>> The Rock
    It was quite a struggle to get this done, the theme isn`t easy to do.
    Frankly, it is also a bit more demanding to use than the other sets, but I think if you want to do open sea renders it will be worth it.
    I`ll cover all of it in detail on the info pages in a few days.

Hope you like the previews!

rock_promo04.jpg
    998 x 768 - 155K
    rock_promo02.jpg
    998 x 768 - 144K
    rock_promo08.jpg
    998 x 768 - 152K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2013

*squeeeeeeels* Looks great ! heh, I already has a couple of ideas for renders... *sheepish smile*

Post edited by Carola O on