Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217
    edited December 1969

Wow! Looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to it. Beautiful job, Flipmode! :-)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    fusionla said:
    Anyone have any tips to get these to show up/work in Reality or Luxus for LuxRender?
    Turn it into a light emitter, then adjust on-the-fly in Luxrender ...mostly a case of turning light strength down so it's strong enough to be seen but not strong enough to look like it's actually a light - then use mesh lights to light the actual scene inside the skybox.

Dang, thanks for the tip Jabba101 :) I've admired Easy Environments from afar and now I know it can be used in LuxRender... ;-P

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Hi guys!

Ok, it`s been a while, but finally there`s a new Easy Environments set coming. :)

To start with, I`d like to point to cosmos`s thread for the series.
    It has a ton of great renders using these sets, so it might be useful for everyone who wants to get a deeper look on what users did, beyond the stuff that was already posted here.
    Link: cosmo`s thread

Now, on to the new set >>> The Rock
    It was quite a struggle to get this done, the theme isn`t easy to do.
    Frankly, it is also a bit more demanding to use than the other sets, but I think if you want to do open sea renders it will be worth it.
    I`ll cover all of it in detail on the info pages in a few days.

Hope you like the previews!

I wish I'd had this for my last book cover project ... lol Your water looks much better than mine.

And I am definitely in line for this one :D

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I know firsthand from my own recent projects that water is tough to work with! lt looks like you've managed it beautifully. But then, these EE sets are always an instant buy for me.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the nice comments =)

Yes, water > ...nightmare, horrors, despair. ;)
    I shall stay clear of doing any sets with water for the next year.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The new set looks good, I'll definitely work on finding a way to get it (cutting down on 3D spending for a bit). Any chance of a look at the whole landscape? I was pleasantly surprised with a couple of the other Easy Environments just how much "solid" ground there was for my characters to play on without worrying about falling off the edge.

edited December 1969

@SpottedKitty >
    I hope this shot gives a good impression of the size of the rock. I have done renders with characters on top of it, or on the boulders on the sideline, so yes, it offers similar space for your characters, rather more than the other sets imo.

rock_promo07.jpg
    998 x 768 - 154K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Great ! looks like a must-have!

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Yup! It's has already space reserved in my Library!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Is it in the store yet?
    WANT!

edited August 2013

Kerya said:
    Is it in the store yet?
    WANT!

I think this was more of a rhetorical question, but, -if everything goes by plan-, it should release within a week. ;)

I`ve updated the easy environments info page with the new set, strongly recommended to take a look for a better understanding of how the water&skybox; thing works. (at the bottom of the page)
    Link: Easy Environments info page

And here`s another render, showing some different usage.

rock_promo06.jpg
    998 x 768 - 138K
    Post edited by Flipmode on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited August 2013

Well that was the question I had. "Does the boat float?" Apparently so! %-P

Fabulous looking set!

PS: Wondering. Will this be released in Poser format with DS mats or will it be released with a native data files and .duf files for Studio?

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Lol yes, the boat does float. There is a seperate preload for it with some water around to blend it into the skybox.
    You can also load a simple water-plane for use with other objects or figures.

Yes, it`s Poser format with auto-loading Mats. All easy environments are done like this, and I want to keep it consistent within the series.
    For future sets outside the series I consider switching to .duf. Need to check how backwards compatible it is though, I don`t know much about it yet.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    For future sets outside the series I consider switching to .duf. Need to check how backwards compatible it is though, I don`t know much about it yet.

Not at all ... not even DS4 ...

I prefer the Poser/included DS mats approach, even when I have DS4.6.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the input Kerya.
    Personally I like Poser formats with autoloading DS mats best too, it works fine and has the best backwards compatibility down to DS3 (or even further, donno).
    On the other hand it might be confusing or irritating for DS-only users...after all it`s kinda natural to look for DS products in the DS section.
    Well, old story, the decision-making never ends there. ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Personally I like Poser formats with autoloading DS mats best too, it works fine and has the best backwards compatibility down to DS3 (or even further, donno).
    On the other hand it might be confusing or irritating for DS-only users...after all it`s kinda natural to look for DS products in the DS section.

And of course if you want Poser users to buy them as well it will help. Most Poser user will not bother with having to use something else in order to get props and such into Poser, and we do still count for around 50% of the consumer market. :coolsmile:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Flipmode said:

And of course if you want Poser users to buy them as well it will help. Most Poser user will not bother with having to use something else in order to get props and such into Poser, and we do still count for around 50% of the consumer market. :coolsmile:

Same can be said for Studio users though. Some of us don't like foraging in the Runtime folders to find products we purchased and if you saw my Runtime with how unorganized it is in the Characters, Pose and Props folders you would understand my question more. It would take me DAYS to get it all organized and I really can't be bothered at this point in time. In Studio Flipmodes stuff would go into Environments, it's own dedicated folder with mat poses as a sub folder to the main loading scene files. Many merchants create native files for both platforms so everyone is happy.

edited December 1969

@ chohole
    No worries, the talk was just about DS formats, makes no difference for Poser users. ;)

@ RAMWolff
    Allow me a quick correction please > nope, my stuff doesn`t require mat poses in a seperate folder.
    It auto-loads the proper materials, basicly it handles exactly like DS native files, just loaded from the poser library.

That aside I completely agree, my runtime is a mess too.
    I mostly use the smart content tab these days, at least it makes no difference between file formats.
    Unfortunately this got quite messy too, due to some...inconsistance... :/

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Aw man, my brain is in Gutter Mode already. I totally read the title of this thread wrong...

edited December 1969

I don't use Smart Content - I am smarter than any computer ... ;)

As a Poser and DazStudio user (see my signature) I prefer the consolidated approach.

edited August 2013

Just a quick update...the new set should pop up in the store in two days.
    And yes, the character pose on the second image is a tad awkward ;)

rock_promo09.jpg
    998 x 768 - 179K
    rock_promo03.jpg
    998 x 768 - 183K
    Post edited by Flipmode on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited December 1969

Looks great!

I'm assuming that if the water can be raised and lowered, it can be raised to the point that there is no rock, just open sea? (Or the rock turned off.) Or are the shore ripples geometry so you need to have something there, regardless, or it will look funny?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Looks great!

I'm assuming that if the water can be raised and lowered, it can be raised to the point that there is no rock, just open sea? (Or the rock turned off.) Or are the shore ripples geometry so you need to have something there, regardless, or it will look funny?

That`s not that easy to answer actually. ;)

To start with, in case you missed it on previous posts, you could take a look at the bottom of the Easy Environments info page . It has quite some info on the water.

The water around the rock is modeled along the shore, in order to have the spume meeting up with it nicely. Thus changing it`s position will look funny indeed.
    However, the set includes a simple water-plane (no spume). So you could delete the water from the rock and place that plane whereever you want. This won`t look perfect, but probably good enough. The same plane should be used with any objects you want to have floating on the water (ships, people,...)

If you only use the skybox without a water-plane, objects will appear to fly over the ocean, which of course can be a desired result as well.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

And yes, the character pose on the second image is a tad awkward ;)
    Oh god...he's going to jump! Sorry...couldn't resist. all jokes aside it looks fantastic.
    edited December 1969

Hehe, that`s a quite friendly interpretation about what he may be up to ;)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Hehe, that`s a quite friendly interpretation about what he may be up to ;)
    lol..true!
    edited December 1969
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

So glad this was released early in the sale month - I'll have to be quite strategic with my purchases (money running out real fast this year!!!) but this was on my 'must have list' and I'm delighted it's now in my runtime :)

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Hey!
    Just "discovered" your store, and saw alot of nice environments props.
    But i wonder, if i delete the rocks, buildings or whatever there is and only keep the skydomes. Will i still get the nice views? For example the water and sky on here: http://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-the-rock
    Or the highsky mountain backgrounds here: http://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-top-of-the-world

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

viluvulu said:
    Hey!
    Just "discovered" your store, and saw alot of nice environments props.
    But i wonder, if i delete the rocks, buildings or whatever there is and only keep the skydomes. Will i still get the nice views? For example the water and sky on here: http://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-the-rock
    Or the highsky mountain backgrounds here: http://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-top-of-the-world

Hope this helps answer your questions, the two images below uses just the 'Skybox' part of The Top of The World set as backdrops without the included 'Scenery'.

YF-35_Flight-01a_-_PSB_2013.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 588K
    Sky_Pirates_-_PSB_2013.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 574K