Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Darn you, Flipmode, I need to quit buying sets from the store and here you go again. :D

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Darn you, Flipmode, I need to quit buying sets from the store and here you go again. :D
    Second that. Had to have it. Why? Not sure yet... But I'll think of something.
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

If it`s paid with store credits it`s not real money, or at least I keep telling that to myself when shopping. ;)
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

been wanting to use the Grasslands one for ages, and finally it came to me!

DragonRider.jpg
    600 x 1100 - 403K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting it jaki!
    Very cool idea with the "grasshopper" dragon. ;)
    And great use of DoF & camera-angle!

edited December 1969

Hiya!

Here`s the previews for "Top of the World", the last of the "regular" Easy Environments sets.
    The set comes with two skyboxes. :)

Top of the World previews:
    Link: Top of the World Gallery
    Top of the World video:
    Link: Easy Environments video page

totw_promo09.jpg
    998 x 768 - 170K
    totw_promo06.jpg
    998 x 768 - 186K
    totw_promo05.jpg
    998 x 768 - 138K
    totw_promo02.jpg
    998 x 768 - 191K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Oh my. This has now also joined the list of things to be watched for.

edited December 1969

Having used the sets I've bought, I immediately place any EE set on my "must buy" list. The skyboxes alone are worth the asking price.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Having used the sets I've bought, I immediately place any EE set on my "must buy" list. The skyboxes alone are worth the asking price.

I second that!!! :D

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Cooool!! You know you're a tease, though, right? I want it now. lol

Question, though, are those awesome clouds part of the skybox or a prop? Meaning, If I have a flock of pterodactyl flying in formation, would shadows be able to be cast on them?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Veni, Vidi, Visa.

(Drat, I can't buy it yet...)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments, glad you like this one!
    I hope it will release soon enough, but tbh. ...I don`t really know either. ;)

Question, though, are those awesome clouds part of the skybox or a prop? Meaning, If I have a flock of pterodactyl flying in formation, would shadows be able to be cast on them?

Yes, the clouds are part of the skyboxes, so no shadows there, sorry.
    I think that`s more or less natural for clouds though (googled "plane" and didn`t find a pic with shadows).
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow. This is going to do wonders for my acrophobia. But what the heck--inflict it on Content rather than Self :lol: Will grab as soon as available.

BTW, this just cannot be the last one. I've never put in a request (that I remember, anyway) but how about a simple stylized one with rounded overlapping hills fading from simple green through purples/blues to faint gray/white with a simple gradient blue sky. The ground part would have those simple hills as a surround to a mostly flat area. We could fill it using our imagination with buildings and critters and vegetation of the non-realistic variety. Or anime-ish. Perhaps a small lake or pond in the middle. Not overwhelming but there if we want to use it.

Something like that?

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Looks fantastic as always! :D

edited December 1969

Thx Spit & Zaarin :)

It`s not gonna be the last one, just the last one of the "regulars".
    By that I mean the ones I had planned on doing when I started the series. I wanted to get the series to six sets, and Top of the World will be #6. ;)

That idea of yours Zaarin, I am not sure if I got it tbh.. Right now I think you mean a toon/anime/comic version of LotR`s Shire...that it?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thx Spit & Zaarin :)

It`s not gonna be the last one, just the last one of the "regulars".
    By that I mean the ones I had planned on doing when I started the series. I wanted to get the series to six sets, and Top of the World will be #6. ;)

That idea of yours Zaarin, I am not sure if I got it tbh.. Right now I think you mean a toon/anime/comic version of LotR`s Shire...that it?

That would work!

And I'm so happy I misunderstood about this being the last set! Thank you.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

AC/DC

acdc_s1.jpg
    1200 x 772 - 163K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

OH wow, i have your winter set and your desert set... want the green set too... and now this!!! Oh dear. But they are brilliant and wonderful to use!
    Used desert sands here: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/024/9/f/the_sand_travelers____by_disparatedreamer-d5skdkh.jpg

Top of the world just looks amazing!!

edited December 1969

Top of the world just looks amazing!!

+1 to that !
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting the new renders guys, looking great :)

Btw. I am sorry Top of the World hasn`t been released yet, at the time I posted the previews I thought it would hit the store in just a few days.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks for posting the new renders guys, looking great :)

Btw. I am sorry Top of the World hasn`t been released yet, at the time I posted the previews I thought it would hit the store in just a few days.

That's okay, you never can tell when things are in testing.

Here's one I did of Mountain Trail while testing my new shadow product WIP.

Popup1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I don't have urgent need for it (just yet), but just seeing it I placed James Bond on the cliff and a Mad Scientist lab on the top..., maybe the next adventure ;-)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Thought I'd post this here as well its also posted in inaneglorys Ring of light Thread, used the Road to Hell with a slightly altered texture. map

yellow-brick-road2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 444K
    edited December 1969

Hehe, so true.
    Lately I usually didn`t post previews before a product is through testing, didn`t help me this time though ;)

What`s that product of yours? Gel-Light set? Looks promising!

@Totte > Sounds like a plan!

Thanks for posting scorpio64dragon, cool render.
    But...SLIGHTLY altered? lol It`s all yellow!

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Hehe, so true.
    Lately I usually didn`t post previews before a product is through testing, didn`t help me this time though ;)

What`s that product of yours? Gel-Light set? Looks promising!

@Totte > Sounds like a plan!

It's a gel set made from a transmap plane smartprop that parents to any spotlight. It's very flexible and relatively low-tech, so I'm hoping it will work in Luxus, too (haven't tested yet).

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Thanks.
    It was a quick thing to do I just painted a yellow layer with about 50%opacity over the bricks in photoshop, it worked quite well.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Thanks.
    It was a quick thing to do I just painted a yellow layer with about 50%opacity over the bricks in photoshop, it worked quite well.

I liked the Tin Man miniseries. A darker Wizard of Oz might be fun to see in some renders, especially as bad as the new candy-coated Oz movie reportedly is.

edited December 1969

I liked the Tinman series aswell, I thought it was an interesting slant on the story.

I didn't know they had done another OZ movie.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

A prequel. It just came oput. I found it entertaining enough. But it isn't imho, Oz. Why everyone who tries to film anyything to do with Oz has to tie it by the tail to that damn musical I don't know. It destroyed the 'Return to Oz' film that they did in '85, and it's not helping this one, although since it's a made up story with next to nothing to do with the books it may not destroy it to the same degree.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    A prequel. It just came oput. I found it entertaining enough. But it isn't imho, Oz. Why everyone who tries to film anyything to do with Oz has to tie it by the tail to that damn musical I don't know. It destroyed the 'Return to Oz' film that they did in '85, and it's not helping this one, although since it's a made up story with next to nothing to do with the books it may not destroy it to the same degree.

My problem is more that I was a huge fan of the books and their crazy, insane universe when I was younger. There's such a vast and ridiculous and in some cases horrifying body of work there that no one really touches - the Return to Oz one was at least closer to something Baum wrote.