Let's see your dForce renders/experiments/interesting results!

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2017

Testing out two layers at the same time, top of dress and waistband of skirt is rigged  

Evenstar dress draped without rigging.

I love it...that is gorgeous...I haven't downloaded the beta yet. Still trying to catch up with what's happening.

Great thread...I'll post an image when I finally get it installed and have something to share.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    Tottallou said:
    AllenArt said:

That dress was Wilmaps Sweet Spring Dress - Most of Wilmaps clothes that I have tried seem to work well with dforce, I have a lot left to try out

Here is Wilmaps Long Elegant Dress for G2 & Evening Dress for G3 (both on G8)

@Divamakeup  Love the messy clothes , thats just how I like things in real life :)

I was wondering if the piping would work on the Elegant Dress, but it seems it does.  Great to know they work so well in Dforce.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Another experiment: G3F wearing a Poser dynamic robe for M3. The hands keep poking through the hems of the sleeves, and I applied smoothing to sort out some small weirdnesses in the drape. On the whole I'm pleased with the attempt though.

Gen3_robeM3.png
    891 x 1014 - 1M
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2017

Only just got the chance to play with this today.

Here's my first render using G8 and my Sweet Spring Dress. Not the best render but it does show how dforce drapes so well.

And my 2nd render is G8 wearing my Vest Top and matching Skirt.

Dforce scene.jpg
    600 x 776 - 421K
    Dforce scene 2.jpg
    600 x 776 - 332K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
  • LullyLully Posts: 20

Oh dear, I think the dynamite has gone off laugh

expl.jpg
    381 x 655 - 112K
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,061
    edited October 2017

I liked the pose enough to finish the scene (original up on page 1) - seem to have a color balance/contrast issue between the main system and my laptop . . .

high kick beats knife.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 609K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited October 2017

Finally got a conplete render done.

This is a Poser Dynamic dress made for Dawn on G3F.

dynamic-clarette1a.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 189K
    Post edited by scorpio on
    edited October 2017

Wow...looks great in all the renders. I've downloaded and installed but still trying to get the hang of it. So far only done one test render that I can show.

Sorry I don't know how to make the picture larger at this forum.

dforce 1.png
    600 x 600 - 121K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • AllenArt said:

Turn off dynamics for the belt? 

That's it; the belt is what triggered the robe going "poof".

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

I'm getting a lot of crashes but in theory I love dForce.

I've not had any problems with the Bardot outfit (sample attached). I read about people using Poser dynamic outfits so I tried the Totem set Caftan and was surprised that (a) it didn't crash and (b) it came out fairly nicely. (Using Iray fabric shaders not the original Poser textures). Now to try fiddling with some of the settings. Oh this could prove addictive!

G8F-Bardot-Fly.jpg
    768 x 768 - 389K
    Totem-Caftan-Front.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 253K
    Totem-Caftan-Side.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 242K
    Totem-Caftan-Back.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 268K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Oh dear, I think the dynamite has gone off laugh

KaBOOM! LOL

scorpio said:

Finally got a conplete render done.

This is a Poser Dynamic dress made for Dawn on G3F.

Is that one of Lully's? Is the cloche sold with it? :D

Wilmap said:

Only just got the chance to play with this today.

Here's my first render using G8 and my Sweet Spring Dress. Not the best render but it does show how dforce drapes so well.

And my 2nd render is G8 wearing my Vest Top and matching Skirt.

Those look awesome :D.

Laurie

AllenArt said:

Turn off dynamics for the belt? 

That's it; the belt is what triggered the robe going "poof".

I did that couple times myself :P

Laurie

MelanieL said:

I'm getting a lot of crashes but in theory I love dForce.

I've not had any problems with the Bardot outfit (sample attached). I read about people using Poser dynamic outfits so I tried the Totem set Caftan and was surprised that (a) it didn't crash and (b) it came out fairly nicely. (Using Iray fabric shaders not the original Poser textures). Now to try fiddling with some of the settings. Oh this could prove addictive!

There have been a few things I've been trying to get to, but I can't seem to stop playing with the new toy ;). Sleep is one of those things....I guess I can sleep when I'm dead :P

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    AllenArt said:

There have been a few things I've been trying to get to, but I can't seem to stop playing with the new toy ;). Sleep is one of those things....I guess I can sleep when I'm dead :P

I sleep while my computer renders. Problem is, with all this fiddling with new toys, it'll be a while before I'm ready to render anything! lol

AllenArt said:

scorpio said:

Satira did this from memory...yep...Clarette Rose for Dawn and it has a cloche hat with it.

Pendraia said:
    AllenArt said:

Satira did this from memory...yep...Clarette Rose for Dawn and it has a cloche hat with it.

Thanks Pen ,yes it the Clarette Rose and the cloche does come with it, I didnt use dynamics on the cloche just adjusted it to fit and parented it. The mats for the set don't work in DS so I used Lullys Iray shade rfactory on it.

The shoes are from the Lucid Dream set for G3F.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

I finally got one to not blow up! This is LilFlame's Dynamic Purity Dress for V4 on Zari for G3F. I tried to make the simulation go longer so I could get those sleeves to come down in the second pic, and then it blew up. So I'm sticking with these for now, LOL. It's a start! I have a lot of dynamic clothing, so I'll start with those. Every conforming piece I've tried so far has been bad, but the beta update may have fixed some of the issues. It was MUCH better this time around. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Apparently, there are two methods for using Dforce. One is using Current Frame and the other is using the Animation Timeline to let it do it's thing. 

"Current Frame" render:

"Timeline" render:

I think the timeline render looks a bit more like real-world draping (more like she's walking), rather than just standing there. Though both methods produce beautiful results! :)

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128

I was, as many people were, experiencing a few more crashes than normal.  I downloaded the most recent video drivers and did a restart and that seemed to have helped immensely.

Attached is a G8 character with Stormwind V4 cloak (don't recall the source).  I didn't weight map pin the collar so it left her a little risque.  I filled in the open space with a Hellenic Peplos top for G3.  The new Destiny Garden Iray Fur Flocking Scales shaders made it all look seamless.  

Maiden wearing cloak.jpg
    933 x 1873 - 1M
    edited October 2017

Here's Opal for G3F in Aave Nainan's Romance dress. I wanted to drape it on someone with a less than perfect figure. I followed Aave's directions from the other thread

Just a tip for the adventurous souls out there.  Most of my existing store content will work with dForce with a bit of adjusting in Surface settings,  if you want to give it a try, as a first step turn Bend Stiffness down to  .15 - .30 after adding dForce modifier to the garment.  Set upper garment surfaces for instance: bodice,sleeves,collar to Dynamics Strength 0 to avoid excess stretch in those areas and give it a go!

Originally I forgot to adjust the pose to keep the hands from the body and got this: 

With pose adjusted: 

Finished render with postwork:  

The bottom still needs some more smoothing. I tried adding more frames but that didn't help. I just want to take my hand, reach in and tug it down. Not sure how to fix that. In VWD and in Optitex, you can drape an already draped pose to get a better look. When I try in dForce, no matter which method I use, it takes me back to T-pose.

dforce Opal1.JPG
    649 x 718 - 72K
    dforce Opal2.JPG
    539 x 664 - 50K
    dforce-Opal2.jpg
    1846 x 1965 - 375K
    Llynara said:

Here's Opal for G3F in Aave Nainan's Romance dress. I wanted to drape it on someone with a less than perfect figure. I followed Aave's directions from the other thread

Just a tip for the adventurous souls out there.  Most of my existing store content will work with dForce with a bit of adjusting in Surface settings,  if you want to give it a try, as a first step turn Bend Stiffness down to  .15 - .30 after adding dForce modifier to the garment.  Set upper garment surfaces for instance: bodice,sleeves,collar to Dynamics Strength 0 to avoid excess stretch in those areas and give it a go!

Originally I forgot to adjust the pose to keep the hands from the body and got this: 

With pose adjusted: 

Finished render with postwork:  

The bottom still needs some more smoothing. I tried adding more frames but that didn't help. I just want to take my hand, reach in and tug it down. Not sure how to fix that. In VWD and in Optitex, you can drape an already draped pose to get a better look. When I try in dForce, no matter which method I use, it takes me back to T-pose.

Beautiful :). I'm going to assume you added a smoothing modifier to the dress after draping?

Laurie

edited October 2017

Yes, but I think I kept the smoothing low, to 2 I think. Anything more than that gave me holes. Just wish I could fix the bottom where it's all puckered. 

Also, you can see on the sleeves that when I adjust the final pose, they intersect with the dress. But it's better than an explosion, lol. I think long sleeves are going to be tricky if they're close to the body.

Sidenote: I changed the color of the roses in the hair by taking the original texture into Photoshop and playing with it to get a pink version before the final render. Valentine Hair doesn't come with many options or morphs. That surprised me.

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128
    Llynara said:

Yes, but I think I kept the smoothing low, to 2 I think. Anything more than that gave me holes. Just wish I could fix the bottom where it's all puckered. 

Also, you can see on the sleeves that when I adjust the final pose, they intersect with the dress. But it's better than an explosion, lol. I think long sleeves are going to be tricky if they're close to the body.

Sidenote: I changed the color of the roses in the hair by taking the original texture into Photoshop and playing with it to get a pink version before the final render. Valentine Hair doesn't come with many options or morphs. That surprised me.

Could you weight the garmet to the inside of the arm before hitting 'simulate'?

Llynara said:

Made holes? Hmmm...makes me wonder if there's a problem with the mesh. 

Laurie

sberlins said:
    Llynara said:

Could you weight the garmet to the inside of the arm before hitting 'simulate'?

That's a good idea. I haven't played with weight maps yet. I definitiely need to do something to the bottom of the dress. I noticed on both dresses I successfully draped that the bottom didn't look quite right. 

Laurie- occassionally I get that with smoothing. Some outfits seem to look worse when you turn up smoothing. Not sure why.

edited October 2017

This is the old M3 Shepherd Outfit cloack on G8, made a quick texture and transmap for it.

dynamic shepherds cloak.png
    849 x 1200 - 1M
    edited October 2017

This is the Windy Wizard Robe for M4 on G3M

The arms were a bit problamatic but I didn't do much besides a animated drape, something like this probably needs a bit more tweaking than simpler things.

windy wizard2.png
    849 x 1200 - 1M
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    AllenArt said:
    Llynara said:

Made holes? Hmmm...makes me wonder if there's a problem with the mesh. 

Laurie

I've been trying to get a pair of pants to sim, and I found the cloth fell into the skin in places, looking like holes in the cloth. When I turned the figure to Base resolution, the coth draped perfectly, but if I turned the figure back to High Resolution, the "holes" were back. Apparently the cloth isn't colliding with the extra vertices of the subD'ed figure.

However, I have only just downloaded the the latest update. I'll have to run that one again to see if the "holes" are still there.

scorpio said:

This is the old M3 Shepherd Outfit cloack on G8, made a quick texture and transmap for it.

Wow! That looks great! Not just the draping but the lighting and ambiance of the image as well. Nicely done!

@Llynara Lovely image, but wow, dead grandma vibes. Right in the feels. I really like the image - even though it's heart wrenching. Very pretty!