Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited October 2017

Winners announced in 2017 Renderosity Animation Contest

https://www.renderosity.com/winners-announced-in-2017-animation-contest-cms-19500

I got 3rd place  Whoo Hoo!

My Entry : "How some anime girls like to travel"

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Very cool, Ivy!  Both the animation and the 3rd place.  

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

good one - keep them coming

Thank you guys very much.  it was a fun competition, & I was honored that I got 3rd place.   They have a Halloween render contest going on this month.  I'd post a link . but i dunno if i am allowed to or not. But you can check out rendos site for the details

• That is a great piece of animation.  The first ten seconds  looked like something from ILM.  I'm not kidding.  It's very professional looking with the lens flare, the plane breaking through the clouds and the sound.  Not many people do a good job with sound when they make an animation; this was spot on.  Everything from the change in pitch of the engine noise of the exterior to the interior scene, to the air traffic control chatter, to the sound of the wheels hittig the runway.  Great job.

That is a great piece of animation.  The first ten seconds  looked like something from ILM.  I'm not kidding.  It's very professional looking with the lens flare, the plane breaking through the clouds and the sound.  Not many people do a good job with sound when they make an animation; this was spot on.  Everything from the change in pitch of the engine noise of the exterior to the interior scene, to the air traffic control chatter, to the sound of the wheels hittig the runway.  Great job.

Thank you very much for the very nice comment. I've been working with Daz Studio a long time so I have a little experience with the software.  and I have a huge library of sound files. I have a great portable recording studio  that I carry in my bag with me everywhere so when I have the opportunity I'll record all kinds of sounds i normally would not be able to get without it..  I have taken on airplane & Bus trips...lol  I taken it on a ride along with a driver at the NOPI  car show in Bristol motor speedway. I caught heavy rain and thunder storms, waves on a beach etc etc.  I also use it to record music i play on my piano .  Yes the Zoom H2n was a real good  investment for under $200 bucks . if you like to make animation its a must have to make your sound files with.

• Ivy said:

That is a great piece of animation.  The first ten seconds  looked like something from ILM.  I'm not kidding.  It's very professional looking with the lens flare, the plane breaking through the clouds and the sound.  Not many people do a good job with sound when they make an animation; this was spot on.  Everything from the change in pitch of the engine noise of the exterior to the interior scene, to the air traffic control chatter, to the sound of the wheels hittig the runway.  Great job.

Thank you very much for the very nice comment. I've been working with Daz Studio a long time so I have a little experience with the software.  and I have a huge library of sound files. I have a great portable recording studio  that I carry in my bag with me everywhere so when I have the opportunity I'll record all kinds of sounds i normally would not be able to get without it..  I have taken on airplane & Bus trips...lol  I taken it on a ride along with a driver at the NOPI  car show in Bristol motor speedway. I caught heavy rain and thunder storms, waves on a beach etc etc.  I also use it to record music i play on my piano .  Yes the Zoom H2n was a real good  investment for under $200 bucks . if you like to make animation its a must have to make your sound files with.

That does seem like a very useful little item to have for animation work. Thanks for the link.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221

Like Xavier said,  the exterior shots look very professional  and the sound track brought a realism to the scene.  I'll also add a thank you for the headsup of the field capture microphone. Proven tools are always appreciated.

ilikeit.jpg
    652 x 397 - 56K

you guys are welcomed , I thought everyone knew about the H2n MP3/WAV recorder. my husband bought this one for me on my Birthday, and  its small enough i can carry it in my bag easy with me .

Thank you also for the very nice comments on my animations :)

Happy Halloween

good one - funny and spooky

• Very cool, Ivy!  :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Great work Ivy, I enjoyed it a lot.  Perfect for Halloween.

Thank you guys for watching  .. Have a safe fun Halloween :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,715
    edited October 2017

great stuff  yes

.........and your self appointed critic took it upon himself to review some of mine in spite of my warning cheeky

lets hope when he finally uploads something it meets all expectations!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I guess that is the price of displaying videos publicly Haters got to hate..lol .    I think he/she/they missed the fact this was done in the spirit of Halloween for fun. and I'm sure you get trolled as bad as I get Wendy. some people I think are expecting Disney quality animations.  and there are so many Simms animation on YouTube being done by teens that troll each other. &  daz animations are get mixed up with them along with the gamers videos . The world has gotten very hateful place..  So it seems lately I get criticized for my videos no matter what I make & it all way seems to be the same people ip's, over and over.  at least they are telling me why they don't like my videos that is one good thing about Google analytics  it at least lets know who your video traffic is & where they are from.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well, since they didn't bother to educate themselves on what you are actually doing, I don't really think their input is valid.  And some people have nothing better to do with their time than expose their ignorance to others.

edited November 2017

Well, since they didn't bother to educate themselves on what you are actually doing, I don't really think their input is valid.  And some people have nothing better to do with their time than expose their ignorance to others.

I guess some people can't read descriptions either icedragon which I put about the film  . But  I do have some loyal fan of critics though which I figire is the price of making animated films at least they are watching them..lol it reminds of of that old saying.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”― John Lydgate

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RainRain Posts: 335

I'm very impressed, Ivy!  Animation is quite difficult to do, I wouldn't even attempt it. I just don't have the patience.  I enjoyed looking at your videos.

spuffy said:

I'm very impressed, Ivy!  Animation is quite difficult to do, I wouldn't even attempt it. I just don't have the patience.  I enjoyed looking at your videos.

Thank you very much for the sweet comment spuffy.I'm glad you enjoyed my films . I enjoy making them . I look at making animation as some people would as putting a jigsaw puzzle together. one piece at a time. :)

Try not to smile to much

• Ivy said:

Try not to smile to much

Very creative thinking on the part of that mouse; watching it was a real squeak. wink

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Haha that was awesome!  And hysterically funny given the fact that I just sent my husband off to buy mousetrap as apparently, my cat is apparently not doing his job as I just found evidence of an unwelome visitor last night.  We won't show my mouse this particular video..

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

cool, very nice

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

laugh very funny indeed....

"Kaasplank, muis stijl"  cheeky

Thanks guys I'm glad you enjoyed it

cute one yes

Thanks BigH :)

• I loved that! Great animating, Ivy! :)

Thank you very much Knittingmommy I'm glad you enjoyed my film :)