"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• jakiblue said:

No. It's a known glitch that has been happening a long long LONG time and nothing said about if it will ever be fixed - or even if it can be fixed.  

Speaking of glitches, anyone know if the coupon works with the bundles where there are free items yet? Daz does give me my $6.00 back when I email them, but I'd prefer to use the coupon when I buy the pack..

I guess they feel the packs are discounted enough :-( bummer.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

What you do is take a screen of your cart with the coupon applied, with the free bundles in there and show how it's not applying. Then you do a real cart with the stuff you want to buy, use your coupon, and ask support to add the free items to your account, so you don't lose out on the coupon.  

jakiblue said:

No. It's a known glitch that has been happening a long long LONG time and nothing said about if it will ever be fixed - or even if it can be fixed.  

Speaking of glitches, anyone know if the coupon works with the bundles where there are free items yet? Daz does give me my $6.00 back when I email them, but I'd prefer to use the coupon when I buy the pack..

I guess they feel the packs are discounted enough :-( bummer.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    Taoz said:

Personally I'd prefer reasonable fixed prices instead of discounts, would save both buyers and sellers a lot of time and work.

I often wonder how things would be around here if they dropped sales altogether and just went with a fixed price store. I know my buying would drop a little as I like checking the sale frenzy and the forums for deals, but as noted earlier I do buy at full price also. I wonder how many that say they never buy at full price would still purchase around their current rates/needs, I also wonder about fourm/store visits, more? less?

• jakiblue said:

What you do is take a screen of your cart with the coupon applied, with the free bundles in there and show how it's not applying. Then you do a real cart with the stuff you want to buy, use your coupon, and ask support to add the free items to your account, so you don't lose out on the coupon.  

That's a good idea, have you tried it? That way I get to use my coupon..

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    Taoz said:

Personally I'd prefer reasonable fixed prices instead of discounts, would save both buyers and sellers a lot of time and work.

I often wonder how things would be around here if they dropped sales altogether and just went with a fixed price store. I know my buying would drop a little as I like checking the sale frenzy and the forums for deals, but as noted earlier I do buy at full price also. I wonder how many that say they never buy at full price would still purchase around their current rates/needs, I also wonder about fourm/store visits, more? less?

My unscientific gut feeling is that DAZ's sales are 85% driven by FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Or its German near-equivalent, torschlusspanik ("door-closing panic").

"Oh no, if I don't buy this Space Princess Garter Belt for Reptilian 8 right now at 15% off, I'll never see it discounted again until at least Thursday."

They've cannily weaponized the impulse purchasing impulse, and the whole sales model is set up to drive and exploit that. Without any real standard for comparison, it's difficult to say whether that's a better model than the fixed-price store you describe, but it certainly looks as if they think it is.

Renderosity seems to have adopted a similar pattern: they don't tend to have regular month-long(*) gamified sales the way DAZ does, but they do use deep discounts with expiration dates to drive sales. RuntimeDNA did something similar. That also suggests that they've all found it a profitable approach (or perhaps they're caught up in a collective arms-race).

I don't know of 'fixed price' stores that we could compare it with. The closest we have to a standard for comparison would probably be the DAZ store of the past, where discounts were shallower and less frequent. The fact that they've moved from that model to the "there's always another sale" frenzy model suggests that the eternal sale cycle has proved to be better for their bottom line.

(*) 1 DAZ month = 6 weeks

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

No, cos I don't use my coupons with free items in the cart. But that's what people do when it happens.  

jakiblue said:

That's a good idea, have you tried it? That way I get to use my coupon..

• (*) 1 DAZ month = 6 weeks

THIS is why DAZ Soon is always a year off. They're siphoning the time!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited October 2017

Wow, there are some great items in Mega Fast Grab today. Ron's brushes, Valea and Mairy Hairs, dynamic clothing and so much more. Decisions, decisions...

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    Llynara said:

Wow, there are some great items in Mega Fast Grab today. Ron's brushes, Valea and Mairy Hairs, dynamic clothing and so much more. Decisions, decisions...

Took me a minute to realize I wasn't crazy. I've only been clicking the Stephanie 8 banner, which apparently goes to a completely different page. I only just now saw there's still a PA sale page.

edited October 2017

Ha ha, I ask myself that all the time as well. It's the world that's crazy, not me! devil

FYI: The Stephanie 8 Pro bundle gets an additional discount with an item from New, Still New, or Featured Artist. The free Pro bundles sweeten to the deal, and if you have a banner it's even better. 

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Aaand the discount on Stephanie 8 Base just broke.  

• It's the discount on all Stephanie 8 - the base, the starter bundle, the pro bundle... discount just vanished entirely.  (Thank you, dragotx, I was thinking I was going crazy!)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    dragotx said:

Aaand the discount on Stephanie 8 Base just broke.  

Guess I am not picking her up afterall, LOL

edited October 2017

Right after I mentioned it? Grrr. That did NOT seem like a glitch, but rather, a legitimate discount on today's sales items. The Stephanie 8 page even says "Save even more at the PA sale" or something like that. 

Nevermind, you're talking about any and all discounts. Man, I need more coffee today. 

• sandrayln said:

It's the discount on all Stephanie 8 - the base, the starter bundle, the pro bundle... discount just vanished entirely.  (Thank you, dragotx, I was thinking I was going crazy!)

Reported.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    sandrayln said:

It's the discount on all Stephanie 8 - the base, the starter bundle, the pro bundle... discount just vanished entirely.  (Thank you, dragotx, I was thinking I was going crazy!)

Heh, so was I when I first saw it.  I was doing Cart Jenga on my lunch break and it jumped waaaay up from what I expected

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

There are two Marcius stores in the store section.

• NathNath Posts: 2,712

https://www.daz3d.com/obstacle-course-poses-for-genesis-8-female-s

I'm confused. Name and compatible figures say Genesis 8, promo art and text say Stephanie8, but 'included' says Genesis 8 again (not that they wouldn't be usable for both, but they'd require adjusting for figure height either way).

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    Novica said:

I have reported this. Trying to find out if there should have been another store in the double's place. Thanks.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

Duplicate will be removed later.

• Novica said:

I have reported this. Trying to find out if there should have been another store in the double's place. Thanks.

I was hoping the duplicate was supposed to be a link to Stonemason's store, since it was included yesterday, but seems to have been dropped after just one day.

Pity, yesterday there were no new releases I was willing to buy to trigger the higher discount on Stonemason's stuff, today there is a new release I'd buy, but no Stonemason... 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    Taoz said:

I'd expect the fixed prices to be lower than the current list prices, as they wouldn't have to adjust the list prices to make up for the losses generated by the discounts (I assume they're doing this as they have raised some of the list prices several times).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    Taoz said:

DAZ tried the "lower base price and less sales" approach a few years ago. Given that they've gone back to "sales all the time" strategy my guess would be that it didn't work that well for them.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    Leana said:
    Taoz said:

DAZ tried the "lower base price and less sales" approach a few years ago. Given that they've gone back to "sales all the time" strategy my guess would be that it didn't work that well for them.

Hm, never noticed that. When was that?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Leana said:
    Taoz said:

People can get paralyzed when they have too many items to choose from. Sales narrow the available options down at any given time. In theory, this should result in more sales. But I'm neither a marketer, nor do I see the Daz sales figures, so this may only be a theory. :D

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    Taoz said:
    Leana said:
    Taoz said:

Honnestly I don't remember exactly, that was quite long ago. I'm rather sure it was before DS4 Pro became free, so at the begining of the Genesis line maybe?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited October 2017
    Leana said:
    Taoz said:
    Leana said:
    Taoz said:

Honnestly I don't remember exactly, that was quite long ago. I'm rather sure it was before DS4 Pro became free, so at the begining of the Genesis line maybe?

I think it was at the tail end of DS3/introduction of DS4 stage. Although the discounting was lower they did try other incentives (for example, buying the Genesis Evolution Head and Body Morphs in the initial period period earned the Evolution Expressions free).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • By 'expense' I meant 'submit an expense report to the person paying you'. :-) The staff at Daz has declared repeatedly that the forums do not represent the general userbase very accurately; I don't think they have any reason to be deceptive there. As for questioning why somebody hasn't been fired... I'm not sure that's meaningful. Irate and entitled shoppers often call for some poor clerk's termination based on a single unsatisfactory interaction; it's a pretty common response for somebody angry about their experience as a consumer. But it doesn't mean lots of people ARE angry. After all, most of these glitches are only visible in the middle of the night.

I would guess that this forum does represent a good portion of the PC+ members.  I think PC+ members probably are the most regular buyers and are more likely to both check and write on the forums.  That said, I also think that people are more likely to post about a gripe when something is broken, rather than when all is well. 

I personally enjoy shopping cart jenga as long as the discounts are applying correctly.  I don't mind using that time to arrange items for the best deal.  What I don't like are the odd cart jumps when things break down.  It's annoying to have a whole cartload of things jump up in price after spending a couple of hours getting everything picked out.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000

I would guess that this forum does represent a good portion of the PC+ members.  I think PC+ members probably are the most regular buyers and are more likely to both check and write on the forums.  That said, I also think that people are more likely to post about a gripe when something is broken, rather than when all is well. 

I personally enjoy shopping cart jenga as long as the discounts are applying correctly.  I don't mind using that time to arrange items for the best deal.  What I don't like are the odd cart jumps when things break down.  It's annoying to have a whole cartload of things jump up in price after spending a couple of hours getting everything picked out.

I like playing the jenga game too. I also like that they have sales everyday, that's really what keeps me coming back to check everyday. Even when the cart breaks and there's a jump in prices, I see it as a money saver. If I didn't hit the buy button right away, for me it means what was in the cart was an impulse buy. Heck, I'm even happier now that there's a new generation of figures, since I've spent even LESS! So whenever I don't see compatibility with Gen3, I don't even bother. It also means steeper discounts on G3 stuff, so I'm happy :D.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299

Has anyone bought the Pumpkin Head by JoeQuick, the dynamic gown isn't recognised by the Dynamic plugin so I'm not sure how to get it to drape or even fit to the figure.

This discussion has been closed.