"Brace yourself, my dear wallet! There's always another Sale - and Glitches!"

Comments

• Is it a bug that only Yesterday New Debut Items are on sales? I thought all New Release Items from the whole month are back on 40 - 50% sales?

I've flagged Richard and this is being looked into.  

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707
    edited September 2017

It's under "Debut New Releases"

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 6.59.47 AM.png
    188 x 261 - 97K
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    mr clam said:

That's not uncommon to happen right after the sale switches over to the new day, but I  don't think I've ever seen it last this long into the day.  The 100% off is a glitch, what you see in cart is probably accurate.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    mr clam said:

Aha. There's one item there that's just spinning for me, waiting to be loaded, but it never finishes. This must be it, then.

• The Still New link is fixed, to go to that section of the promo page (and then there's a button under that to go to the whole category). Prices are not yet fixed.

• mr clam said:

I'm not seeing this - try doing a forced refresh (ctrl-F5 in Firefox for Windows, for example)

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

So... prices not fixed yet?

It's a two-day event! :D

• erostewerostew Posts: 214

Prices are half-fixed. The 40% shows but the 50% for 2 or more items is broken. Only shows 40% price in the cart.

erostew said:

Prices are half-fixed. The 40% shows but the 50% for 2 or more items is broken. Only shows 40% price in the cart.

Same here.

Ati said:

So, are you saying they'll be fixed Monday. o.0

j/k

Ati said:

j/k

No idea really. :) My train of thought was that you plan you want to get today, and you actually get it tomorrow. :D But I've been called an optimist before. :D

edited September 2017

Actually it looks like there is a ton of stuff that isn't included in the sale. The 3 things that I was wanting to buy are showing the 40 discount but a lot of other items are 30% and not included on the Still New page.

And still no 50% discount.

Post edited by erostew on
  • Ati said:
    Ati said:

j/k

No idea really. :) My train of thought was that you plan you want to get today, and you actually get it tomorrow. :D But I've been called an optimist before. :D

Actually that won't work for me because I want to use PC+ coupons that expire today

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited September 2017

I posted about this problem nearly 13 hours ago. Richard reported it to DAZ a couple hours later. And it's still not fixed? In fact, it's broken in other ways!

Only products listed on the "PA Sale All New Releases" page are getting the new release discounts, but a whole slew of products released only a couple of days ago are missing. And on the main Shop page, those items show only 30% off and are only 30% in the cart. And they don't trigger the "two or more" discount when paired with another qualifying item.

There are actually a couple of things I deliberately left until the catch up to make sure I had money for new releases on days with buy 2 Debut and get an extra discount. But if they aren't going to get the 50% off, (with two or more, etc.,) I'll just put them in my wishlist instead.

Makes me sad, but my wallet is doing a happy dance!

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Has there been a single day since the start of the PA sale that there haven't been issues? At this point, I think I'd be shocked if there WASN'T problems.

My wallet is happy, but I feel bad for the PAs who are losing sales. I don't know what the issue is, but considering there are problems Every Single Day - surely they'd figure out by now what keeps causing the problems and fix it. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Has there been a single day since the start of the PA sale that there haven't been issues? At this point, I think I'd be shocked if there WASN'T problems.

My wallet is happy, but I feel bad for the PAs who are losing sales. I don't know what the issue is, but considering there are problems Every Single Day - surely they'd figure out by now what keeps causing the problems and fix it. 

I wouldn't feel too bad, the PAs are already losing money at these sale prices, LOL

I wouldn't feel too bad, the PAs are already losing money at these sale prices, LOL

I doubt it. Hardly anyone buys here at full price. A sale doesn't equal "losing money". It means people are MORE likely to spend money. Glitches preventing people from actually wanting to buy at all, that's losing money. 

edited September 2017

I know. And similar issues show up during non-event sales as well. But rarely does a problem this big go so long without being fixed. And when it does, it's usually on a holiday weekend. Unless it's some obscure Utah only holiday, that's not the case today.

But hey, i'm saving money by not spending it! Woo hoo.

Ati said:

Actually that won't work for me because I want to use PC+ coupons that expire today

If it were me, this is what I'd do:

• Do the math on paper, getting what I needed to use the PA coupon as if the discounts were properly applied, but only the bare minimum. Buy as is with my coupon.
    • I'd repeat with the PlatClub coupon.
    • Then I'd submit both to Customer Service with the supporting math and ask for a refund of the overpayment.

I'd wait as long as I could, but before Daz Midnight—just in case they get it fixed—as there's no telling what will be offered tomorrow. It will probably be the same offer, but they could change things up.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

I doubt it. Hardly anyone buys here at full price. A sale doesn't equal "losing money". It means people are MORE likely to spend money.

Selling more copies at a lower price doesn't always mean more money overall, especially with big discounts.

• Leana said:

I doubt it. Hardly anyone buys here at full price. A sale doesn't equal "losing money". It means people are MORE likely to spend money.

Selling more copies at a lower price doesn't always mean more money overall, especially with big discounts.

What's your competing explanation for why this is DAZ's primary business model, then?

Leana said:

What's your competing explanation for why this is DAZ's primary business model, then?

Yeah... I'm thinking they woudln't do the big sales if it didn't make more money then not doing it.

• It doesn't always, but it OFTEN does. Speaking from experience.

• So the only things I wanted are not on sale at the right price, the Lord of the Bears for G2M and the add-on Bear fur suit. Both showing at 30% off in my cart. Should I open a ticket or is Daz in process of fixing things?

edited September 2017

Seems that if you add ONLY items to your cart from https://www.daz3d.com/pa-sale-all-new-releases then you get the 50% discount. If you add 2 items from ONLY the Debut New category on https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017 It works. If you add 2 items from Still New on that page it doesn't work. Featured Artist items seem to work okay.

Of the 3 items I want only 1 is on the page at https://www.daz3d.com/pa-sale-all-new-releases . The other 2 are only on https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017. The one that is on pa-sale-all-new-releases is NOT in the Still New section on the https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017 page. Looks like most/many of the items in the Still New section on the https://www.daz3d.com/annual-premier-artist-sale-2017 don't show up in the https://www.daz3d.com/pa-sale-all-new-releases.

And yes, a lot of stuff is missing from the Still New page/category.

So basically things are pretty screwed up!

Post edited by erostew on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

Haven't posted in the thread for a while now, but I'm finding it kind of odd that the mid-event catch up sale was *better* than the current catch-up sale. More importantly, the previous fast-grab vendors aren't fast grab vendors anymore -- instead opting for old DO items this time around. Odd decision.

I'm also finding it very odd that I'm seeing more sizeable discounts and promotions for DO items rather than PAs, since it's supposed to be a PA-centric event.

Ati said:
    Ati said:

j/k

Hey, Charlie! Checkout quick. The discounts appear to be working correctly!
    wink

They finally fixed the sale it appears. Sheesh. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2017

I don't know how it's supposed to work on some of these, as I loaded my cart this morning, but many things are 83% off. The 50% are working (2 of the still new or more.) Are you folks seeing the 83% some of the Mega FastGrabs? (the ones I checked are DOs)  I can't remember but I think it was that way this morning too.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited October 2017
    L'Adair said:
    Ati said:
    Ati said:

j/k

Hey, Charlie! Checkout quick. The discounts appear to be working correctly!
    wink

Thanks. I just did. I made two orders and used both coupons yes.

Because of my fur baby's treatments I can't afford anything more than the $35 store credit I already have; but I got Military Dress Uniform for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Genesis 2 Male(s) and Up Town Kitchen for $2.33 with one coupon. I also got Medieval Training, Mars Rover, Sound Studio, and Raven River for $9.46 with the other coupon.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
This discussion has been closed.