Post Your Renders - #4: A New Hope

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

gaffer2 said:
    Well I guess if I convert it to a obj it works but the textures are screwed up in poser I made the building with arch tools so the modeler doesn't want to give a convert option. I will keep working on it

Just guessing, but maybe that is why Koukotsu couldn't render your model? One needs to have Archi-Tools installed too.

I have Archi-Tools (criminally under-used) so I'll try to get around to grabbing your model later today. I would think that an OBJ export would work...at least to a certain extent...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

ok Garstor, if Lightwave renders allowed, I will sneak Andy (3dage)'s Kreature rendered and animated in iClone in!!!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

lets go back to C . - fandango

fandango.jpg
    1273 x 880 - 320K
  • edited December 1969

Round 3 of my night-time lighting practice... I solved the tree problem... by adding a much larger tree :blank:

I also threw together some quick and crappy "Christmas lights" to string along the fence, sure they're tacky, but I like them, lol.

Pay no attention to the fact that the tree in the background is as green as can be yet there are somehow heaps of dead leaves lying all over the ground, Vicky lives in a reality that has little to no relation to our own anyway, lol ;-)

...but yeah I'll probably fiddle around with those leaf shaders later on to see about changing them over to a more appropriate seasonal look.

N4f.png
    1280 x 1024 - 2M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

But... the other (Mulberry) girl was sporting a bikini!
    Tee hee hee!
    Sorry. Say, I like those Christmas lights too. I like your tree, but, like I said, I liked the other one too. The dead leaf comment really got me laughing! My stomach still hurts - as I'm still holding back the chuckles! Some products allow you to hide polys in the model room - and they'll stay hidden in the scene. So you could open the scenery in the model room, select the leaves and use: View > Hide Selected. No harm, no foul. At least half of those are actually from a nearby Oak, anyways. But the Oaks are some of the last to loose their leaves, so....
    Otherwise, I was going to say, perhaps the shader for the ground leaves would work with those on the tree? Some of them are nearly the same shape. That's what I was checking when I noticed all those oak leaves in there too. ;)

Personally, I like your Vicky vs reality explanation. I love the image, and likely would not have put any thought toward the leaves. It might be better with Mulberry and her bikini in there somewhere... like right in front? :vampire:

edited December 1969

It might be better with Mulberry and her bikini in there somewhere... like right in front? :vampire:

What if it is a Wisconsin cold evening? Poor Mulberry!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    It might be better with Mulberry and her bikini in there somewhere... like right in front? :vampire:

Fairies are immune to cold. That's why they wear such skimpy outfits.

• edited March 2013

Some products allow you to hide polys in the model room - and they'll stay hidden in the scene. So you could open the scenery in the model room, select the leaves and use: View > Hide Selected. No harm, no foul.

Embarrassingly enough, I added all those fallen leaves myself with a replicator, lol :red:

I'm pretty sure I have a fall version of that particular tree somewhere though, I'll have to borrow the whole tree or just the shader from one of my HowieFarkes scenes.

...and no, I don't want poor Mulberry freezing her butt off on such a chilly fall night, unfortunately her clothing only comes in 2 varieties; skimpy or practically non-existent, lol.

Post edited by K0daKumi_8e8836aac0 on
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:

...and no, I don't want poor Mulberry freezing her butt off on such a chilly fall night,Awe, come on! She likes it like that! unfortunately her clothing only comes in 2 varieties; skimpy or practically non-existent, lol.
    Right on! ;)
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:

...and no, I don't want poor Mulberry freezing her butt off on such a chilly fall night,Awe, come on! She likes it like that! unfortunately her clothing only comes in 2 varieties; skimpy or practically non-existent, lol.
    Right on! ;)

I think this is called, "establishing priorities." ;-P

• edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Fairies are immune to cold. That's why they wear such skimpy outfits.

Your comment gave me such a wonderful idea, maybe I could have her fluttering around in that scene...

Mulberry, in full pixie mode, complete with pixie dust (Particle emitter) sprinkling wings, lol :coolsmirk:

She's so cute!

MBF-2Finished.png
    1280 x 720 - 879K
    edited December 1969

Absolutely! Koukotsu + Mulberry = Kick A... oh wait... family site. Um... It's Awesome!

• edited December 1969

Absolutely! Koukotsu + Mulberry = Kick A... oh wait... family site. Um... It's Awesome!

Thanks!

I'm going to get her and the particle emitter scaled down appropriately and put her in my scene soon, it should be interesting!

Now... just how small is a Fairy anyway...? lol

edited December 1969

Zim 6 2112

Zim_6_2112.jpg
    1441 x 627 - 222K
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Your comment gave me such a wonderful idea, maybe I could have her fluttering around in that scene...

Mulberry, in full pixie mode, complete with pixie dust (Particle emitter) sprinkling wings, lol :coolsmirk:

Beautiful! Where is she headed off to at such a rate of speed? :)

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Phil, I think you were right I converted the model to vertex hopefully I got it right I have so little skill at this someone let me know if it works and I'll make more.

edited December 1969

bigh,
    Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to say that I really like that render you did. Very imaginative and fantastic - same with this new one. Great stuff. I also really enjoy your stuff in the animation forum. Thanks for sharing

edited December 1969

bigh,
    Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to say that I really like that render you did. Very imaginative and fantastic - same with this new one. Great stuff. I also really enjoy your stuff in the animation forum. Thanks for sharing

thank you for the comment !

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Now... just how small is a Fairy anyway...? lol

About this size.

Real life photo: ;)

385502347.527525_.jpg
    678 x 1024 - 286K
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Dean,

That is great!

ncamp

edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    Dean,

That is great!

ncamp

Thanks. :coolsmile:

Just happened to be out photographing the butterflies, and there it was! :lol:

• edited March 2013

Garstor said:
    Beautiful! Where is she headed off to at such a rate of speed? :)

Just... off... to do... uh... Faery stuff ;-)

Whatever it is that Faeries do, fluttering around looking adorable is pretty much all I'm aware of, lol.

Nice render Dean, it's "Faerly" convincing ;-P

She should be able to annoy V4 quite efficiently at that size, if anyone knows where I can find a decent fly-swatter model please let me know, lol.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Crazy little stuff with sculptris and carrara7

03_19_13b.png
    640 x 480 - 141K
    pj.png
    640 x 480 - 155K
    03_14_13.png
    640 x 480 - 120K
    edited December 1969

A3DLover said:
    Crazy little stuff with sculptris and carrara7

to cute - good to see you

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Still busy at work.

And trying to finish a couple of novels.

I've got to go through Wet Circuit's Hair tutorial to fix my cat in this one...

Doc3.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 431K
  • James_1903529James_1903529 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A Dragon in Flight

I love Carrara.

carrara-skies.JPG
    825 x 622 - 45K
    edited December 1969

Yandorx said:
    A Dragon in Flight

I like it!

Dramatic lighting, and a dynamic pose.

edited December 1969

A3DLover, Cool! Welcome back!

Pencilneck, Love the realism in this scene. Looks like a screen grab from an animation. Sweet.

Yandorx, Awesome! Love that sky - and the sun flare hiding the dragon's shin is just excellent placement. Pose, lighting, shaders.... Freakin' cool!

• edited March 2013

Hi :)

It's nothing special, just bumping our render thread back to the front page, lol.

MBFSL-edited3.png
    627 x 852 - 351K
    MBFSL-edited.png
    633 x 960 - 460K
    edited December 1969

She did something. She's doing a great job of hiding it... all innocent-like... but she did it...
    I know that for sure!

Seriously now, check her out. Soft, sensual, sassy. What a great little fey you've made. In that lighting, you really show off a soft and clean skin texture with that super-comfy lightweight material on the dress. Hair and wings are just kickin'. Very nice.
    Serious.
    She's something special.

This discussion has been closed.