Daz Studio 4.9.4 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Yes, I see that with the King's Chamber pedestal.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2017

nnnn,,, that means,, you could remove  un-assgin category, ,(Yes) or,, you could not remove un-assgin? (No ?)

(when yours native  use yes and no ^^;  it often tell reverse meaning for me,,,)

just I hope confirm,, I am still wrong or not . I am really simple man,, then just hope you see samething or not..  I simply said what I feel problem,, but not hope agansit someone.     and If I was wrong, I apologize.   (I do not hope to apologize my n attitude,, but I understand it was not good,,,, )

====

OK I suppose, you see samething what I have said,,  I need not concentrate this problem. maybe it will be removed,,or still there but,, after all it make no difference about usuall work flow for me.)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • I had the same issue - I could add the pedestal to a new category, but not remove it even for the non-management Smart Content lists.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506
    edited June 2017

Hate to say it,  but if you use CDDS ( http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com/c1-cdds)

You can change the DIM with all the Meta data and change the categories etc..   That program is AWESOME

Post edited by pkappetein on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

thanks pkappetein, I may use it to set up my saved files meta-data.. very useful I thnk.smiley (though I do not know, if it can protect my modify about daz product meta,,,when log in Connect,,)

• MarqueMarque Posts: 78

Keep getting the A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established. How do I fix this? Have Daz3D installed on my old computer and it's running fine. Downloaded and installed Studio on my newest system and it keeps giving me this error. Can someone give me a simple explanation on how to fix this? Have no content installed yet, just the download manager and studio.

Thanks

• Do you have PostgreSQL installed?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    3Ddreamer said:

In my experence, catagorising in 4.8 with 4.9 Beta installed on the same pc, the folder appears but not the file - to get it to appear you have to export in 4.8 and import in 4.9, and I'm seeing duplicate entries in 4.9 from the entries that imported from the 4.8 database and the ones imported. To sort that you have to reset the database and import again - and then stand duplicated in 4.8. So I usualy can't be bothered and just use 4.8 unless something needs 4.9...

I have this issue as well.  Sometimes I need to uninstall and re install the product (just had to go through and do all of the Genesis items I own, as they all disappeared out of my categories with the update to the newest 4.9 beta. ( I only use the beta 4.9 on the system that has 4.8 on it.).  I rarely have that issue on the system that I have both 4.9 pro and 4.9 beta although it does happen.  Its extremely frustrating as it happens fairly often and as big as my content library is, its a huge time suck to have to re put everything into the categories in 4.9.  I keep 4.8 for very specific reasons but do most of my rendering in 4.9 so its a problem for sure.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

Not sure if this is a bug or intended functionality, but changing the gamma value inside the Image Editor does *not* force an Iray Viewport to refresh. I have to manually switch to Texture Shaded and back to Iray Viewport to see the change.

If this is indeed a bug, I'll write up a bug report.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2017

In Materials, the new Dual Lobe Specular Weight channel is always highlighted in yellow. If I go into Parameter settings for that channel, I see the Color B option (which is yellow), and I can change this, but only for each individual material.

I have  all my channels set to gray in Menu> Window> Style> Customise Style, but the Color B option isn't in that dialog. Does anyone know why? Or is this a bug I should report? (Yes, I've run the Update and Merge Menus script).

It's only a very minor irritant, but my eye keeps being drawn to this one highlighted channel.

Edit - I tried adding this section to my UserStyle.dsa, but it doesn't work. (This is a duplicate of the AColor section, but changed to BColor)

var nBColor = oStyle.findInterfaceColor( "BColor" );
    if( nBColor > -1 ){
        var clrBColor = new Color( 128, 128, 128 );
        oStyle.setInterfaceColor( nBColor, clrBColor );
        print( "Set Color:", nBColor, ":", oStyle.getInterfaceColorDescription( nBColor ), ":", clrBColor.name );
    }

Post edited by maclean on
  • TxFilmakerTxFilmaker Posts: 44

Multiple GPU

Does anyone know if having multiple GPU in your systems has any effect such as speeding up rendering and such?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

Multiple GPU

Does anyone know if having multiple GPU in your systems has any effect such as speeding up rendering and such?

Multiple GPUs will speed up Iray renders but not 3Delight, which is CPU only.  Note that Iray only runs on Nvidia GPUs.  With Iray, the more cuda cores the better. Also, you will need at least 4GB of memory on your card, ideally 6, 8 or even more if you're into very large scenes.

It is probably more efficient to have one big GPU rather than several little ones but your budget may not run to this.

If you do go the multiple GPU route, make sure your power supply can handle it and a large, airy case will also be a good idea.

Cheers,

Alex.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited July 2017
    Multiple GPUs will speed up Iray renders but not 3Delight, which is CPU only.  Note that Iray only runs on Nvidia GPUs.  With Iray, the more cuda cores the better. Also, you will need at least 4GB of memory on your card, ideally 6, 8 or even more if you're into very large scenes.

Even more !!

What shall I do? My scenes need 20GB and more due to the necessary detailed geometry. crying

In 3Delight it wasn't any problem. Only some GB same surface details.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

In 4.9.4.117, why is there no way of adding materials -> 3delight when adding a root category to an item in the Content DB Editor?  See screenshot

I can add materials ->iray, but there's ..->3delight (or does 3delight have some mystery name?)

and why is it so SMALL with no way of enlarging it?

contentdbedirot.jpg
    800 x 470 - 187K
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

3Delight is the default category. It means by example, a clothing 3Delight material will go in /Default/Materials/Wardrobe while the Iray counterpart will be set at /Default/Materials/Iray/Wardrobe

I asked about this combo box being to small and unresizable. It was followed to the developers as feature request (not kidding).

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Ah! thanks Mario, I should have just asked you in the first place LOL!

Was confused, cos right clicking and categorizing I get materials -> 3delight, which means in Smart Content, I get the nice list on the left - Materials and it breaks down into 3delight and iray. 

And yeah, that smallness is weird. Who on earth could look at that and think "yeah, that's alright, everyone can see that 1 inch box..." angry 

MBusch said:

3Delight is the default category. It means by example, a clothing 3Delight material will go in /Default/Materials/Wardrobe while the Iray counterpart will be set at /Default/Materials/Iray/Wardrobe

I asked about this combo box being to small and unresizable. It was followed to the developers as feature request (not kidding).

• So it looks like 4.9.4.122 is now released as Public Build via Install Manager.  Yay?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Items with the yellow public build tag are beta versions.

• Former DAZ CustomerFormer DAZ Customer Posts: 167
    edited August 2017

I know that; that's why I specifically said "Public Build".

Also, look at the top of the thread; you will see that it is announced as released as Public Build.

Post edited by Former DAZ Customer on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

I see General Release.

general.PNG
    1123 x 192 - 35K
  • jakiblue said:

In 4.9.4.117, why is there no way of adding materials -> 3delight when adding a root category to an item in the Content DB Editor?  See screenshot

I can add materials ->iray, but there's ..->3delight (or does 3delight have some mystery name?)

and why is it so SMALL with no way of enlarging it?

There is no default 3Delight catgeory under Materials, I created my own and forced all the old 3Delight sub-categories into it. Now when new products come out, I manually move the materials to the 3Delight > XXXX category I want them in and delete the sub-cateories in the root of the Materials catoegory. It is a pain, but at least all of my materials are organised when I go to use them.

WARNING: Make sure you export the meta data after your are done so your changes don't get overwritten by the next update.

​I don't use the same workspace that you are, so I can't comment on why you are unable to resize the Category selection dialog. I use the Dark Side and I can resize to full screen if desired.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98
    edited August 2017

Has anyone else experienced a problem with 4.9.2.122 when selecting characters or clothing in the Scene tab. Since I installed this latest release version I have noticed that my system is running away with memory usage and DS is going "Not Responding" everytime I select something in the Scene tab.

I have just rolled back to 4.9.2.70 and the problem doesn't exist in that version? I forgot to save a copy of the 4.9.2.117 installer, so I guess I am screwed for now.

Nevermind, I just found the information on the LAMH Catalizer pane causing this issue... L8tr!

Post edited by JDStrider on
  • Vaskania said:

I see General Release.

Yes, so do I; clearly my brain wasn't connected to my eyes... cheeky

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874
    edited August 2017

New version, old bugs...

The Frame Selected still skyrockets the camera and the timeline gets blasted when saving scenes...

Post edited by Imago on
    edited August 2017

Same what I observed.
    Even only focussing on only a small part of a character (hand, foot, etc.) pushes the camera far away.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I have only encounter the framing bug when using the Surface Select tool.

• The framing issue seems to happen when the item being framed is far from the origin, and also depends on whether the camera is on the origin side of the object or opposite.

frown Anyhow.

It has to work. Doesn't matter under what condition.

• I was replying to Jestmart, explaining why he might not have seen the issue, not saying it wasn't an issue.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    mtl1 said:

Not sure if this is a bug or intended functionality, but changing the gamma value inside the Image Editor does *not* force an Iray Viewport to refresh. I have to manually switch to Texture Shaded and back to Iray Viewport to see the change.

If this is indeed a bug, I'll write up a bug report.

Since no one has replied, I'm going to assume that this is a bug and report it...