[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Xanathon said:

Hello Allessandro_AM

I just installed it and the raccoon I just bought. Loaded the raccoon for Catalyzer and tried to open the Catalyzer pane. But it's not there (yes, I looked under LAMH ... Catalyzer).

I deinstalled the package through DIM and reinstalled it two times now, but the pane does not show up. What to do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
    Xanathon

If you haven't already, get your serial number from yor Daz Account under serial numbers. Then in Daz Studio, go to Help- Installed Plugins, find the catalyzer and paste in the serial number. When you reinstall you should be able to locate it in Window-panes- Iray Catalyzer

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Redz said:
    Xanathon said:

Hello Allessandro_AM

I just installed it and the raccoon I just bought. Loaded the raccoon for Catalyzer and tried to open the Catalyzer pane. But it's not there (yes, I looked under LAMH ... Catalyzer).

I deinstalled the package through DIM and reinstalled it two times now, but the pane does not show up. What to do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
    Xanathon

If you haven't already, get your serial number from yor Daz Account under serial numbers. Then in Daz Studio, go to Help- About Installed Plugins, find the catalyzer and paste in the serial number. When you reinstall you should be able to locate it in Window-panes- Iray Catalyzer

• Xanathon said:

Hello Allessandro_AM

I just installed LAMH2Iray Catalyzer and the raccoon I just bought. Loaded the raccoon for Catalyzer and tried to open the Catalyzer pane. But it's not there (yes, I looked under LAMH ... Catalyzer).

Regards
    Xanathon

Hello I believe you need to activate it, see the instructions here: http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/blog/lamh2iray-catalyzer/

• XanathonXanathon Posts: 86

Thank you both very much for the immediate answer (amazing, it was completely new to me I had to add a serial number after installing plugins).

It worked.

edited August 2017

... but it seems to have problems. Every try to render something with the raccoon in it (e.g. some woodlands) caused DAZ Studio to crash immediately or in some or the other phase of the render. The raccoon alone renders fine. I tried "Harpwood Trail" two times and "Through The Woods" also two times.

Crash info says

"DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.dll" at 0033:000000000B2EBCEA, DzMatrix3::getFlags()+67658 byte(s)"

Machine is a Dual Xeon (16 Cores, 32 threads) running on Win 10 64, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 1070.

If you need more info, let me know.

Edit: Tried "Abandoned Temple", immediate crash when I click "render" in the Catalyzer pane.

Post edited by Xanathon on
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I find that if I place the animal first, then load in the environment, I get better results. That is, it won't crash. As much. I love this thing but its either a huge memory hog (understandable), or a little unstable (with a fix on the way). What algovincian said above - once you can get a good work flow around it, the benefits far outweigh the annoyances.

I'm really looking forward to a new cat and dog. I've been on the fence about the Hivewire model. It's cute and all, but I'm more of an alley cat guy. I'd rather see something along the lines of AMs rodent series; A base model with morphs and furs as add-ons to the product.

• @Xanathon, the issue you are experiencing will be addressed in 1.1 update (which I already provided DAZ and should be made available shortly). In the meantime, as some guys said, load first the Catalyzer item(s) and later merge a scene or environment presets.

Thanks for the reply, but that's what I did. I first loaded the raccoon and the environments after that, crashes anyway.

• Xanathon said:

Thanks for the reply, but that's what I did. I first loaded the raccoon and the environments after that, crashes anyway.

Ok, so it crashes during the render? Have you tried enabling the 'Safe mode' option in the Catalyzer pane?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    Xanathon said:

If you are using DAz Studio 4.8, it will crash no matter what (at least, that's what it's doing on my PC). I've stopped trying to make it work in 4.8.

It's working somewhat okay in 4.9 Beta, though I get crashed when I save a file with an Iray LAMH in it, and then reload it, and then try the slightes pose change of any of the involved characters.... I hope this will also be fixed by the upcoming update, though.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576
    edited August 2017
    jakiblue said:

that is just beautiful! 

I realize I'm a little bit late to the party, but I finally made some time to play with Alessandro's Catalyzer this morning and was able to produce this wolf image in 90 minutes start to finish (including installation, getting my bearings using the plugin, etc.):

Although I did experience numerous crashes, the speed improvements are so great that I'm more than happy to support further development by purchasing the plugin - looking forward to stability improvements, as well as the ability to use this on my own LAMH creations!

- Greg

Thanks, jakiblue - glad you enjoyed it. Alessandro's wolf really is wonderful (it's one of the included poses, too). Before Catalyzer, LAMH was just too time/resource consuming in Iray. Can't emphasize enough how much of a game changer this is!

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017

I tried another experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to continue exploring combining a Catalyzer animal with a LAMH animal in one render.  I went for a more complex scene with "Rodents by AM: Squirrels of Eastern Hemisphere" and "HiveWire House Cat".  I only used Photoshop to get rid of some of the fur poking through the armor.

kittyRider01.jpg
    960 x 960 - 231K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

I tried another experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to continue exploring combining a Catalyzer animal with a LAMH animal in one render.  I went for a more complex scene with "Rodents by AM: Squirrels of Eastern Hemisphere" and "HiveWire House Cat".  I only used Photoshop to get rid of some of the fur poking through the armor.

Awesome, Joe!

- Greg

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Agree 100%. The catalyzer is definitely a game changer when it comes to using Alessandro's gorgeous furry animals in iray. 

I know people are still experiencing crashes and getting frustrated, but I just wanted to say HANG IN THERE. Alessandro is working on the issues - have faith in him. The Catalyzer is absolutely worth it - if we have to weather the bumps and bugs while he sorts it out, then I am very happy to do so.  

jakiblue said:

that is just beautiful! 

I realize I'm a little bit late to the party, but I finally made some time to play with Alessandro's Catalyzer this morning and was able to produce this wolf image in 90 minutes start to finish (including installation, getting my bearings using the plugin, etc.):

Although I did experience numerous crashes, the speed improvements are so great that I'm more than happy to support further development by purchasing the plugin - looking forward to stability improvements, as well as the ability to use this on my own LAMH creations!

- Greg

Thanks, jakiblue - glad you enjoyed it. Alessandro's wolf really is wonderful (it's one of the included poses, too). Before Catalyzer, LAMH was just too time/resource consuming in Iray. Can't emphasize enough how much of a game changer this is!

- Greg

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

Joepingleton, that's wonderful! laugh

I agree with jakiblue.  The Catalyzer is so worth it. 

edited August 2017

Another experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to continue down the line of Big Cats 2 with "Black Panthers for DAZ Big Cat 2". No post work.

It's still crashing a lot and it is frustrating,  but I can't beleive how fast it is and the quality and control of the hair.

Thank you all for the kind words on my experiments

catalyzer06.jpg
    708 x 960 - 139K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I should have come in here a couple of days ago. I've been having the same lag issues as others are reporting. I didn't know what was causing it. Never occurred to me it could be a plugin. I have the original LAMH pane docked, but not the catalyzer pane. I will have to undock the LAMH pane and see if it makes any difference. I can verify it is a memory leak problem. I've been keeping close tabs on my memory usage via Task Manager, and have noticed the memory creep up as I do things. Closing the program and reopening clears out the memory. I tried just loading a new scene, but that doesn't clear it.

I've already shut down the beast for the night, and am headed to bed. I'll report back tomorrow if closing the original LAMH docked pane has any effect.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I've uninstalled LAMH Catalizer for now as it slows down DS to the point where I can't use it, even when I'm not using Catalizer. Seems to be back to normal without it.

Laurie

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

Hello folks, I didn't receive any information as to when the Catalyzer 1.1 update will be available through official channels, so for the curious one I am anticipating it:

Windows 64bit: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.1/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.1.Win64.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)
    macOS: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.1/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.1.macOS.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Applications\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)

If for some reasons you need to revert to version 1.0, you can obviously use the DIM or the original installer again.

This update should fix the lag issue (with the beta-testers we didn't catch this issue altough I think to know why it happens for some); also, now it should be safe to load Catalyzer item(s) on an existing scene.

In case of issues please email me at [email protected] sending a brief description of the problem and:

• the Catalyzer log file (/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/LAMH2Iray Catalyzer/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt)
    • the DAZ Studio log file (menu Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Thanks!

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited August 2017

Thank you Alessandro for the update

I had to try an experiment with the updated "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. I wanted to continue using the Big Cats 2 with the "Cheetah" and Rodents by AM's "Gambian Sun Squirrel". Adding the squirrel used to crash DAZ Studio everytime.  With this update NO CRASHES on rendering and opening the DUF files :happybounce: .  

I also used Arrogathor 's free models " Cards, Dice and Games" [https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/cards-dice-and-games/72059] ;

No post work.

cheetah01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 173K
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Cool - thanks for the update :)

I'll have to try it later as I'm off to work soon.

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

The LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer has given me beautiful results. But after recent updates with the LAMH player and Studio, I cannot get my LAMH player to go beyond this Authorization task to edit anything. Have done it and restarted almost 20 times. Not too sure when this began, but the player it's self did do an update in the IM around the release of the LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer. I am sure there will be a simple explaination.

This question should be of no detriment toward any of your great products. Just keen to get back to using them all again :)

Just a note that I'm studying this erratic behavior that, on some systems, may cause a crash if the Catalyzer models are loaded after an initial scene .duf. I think I have found the culprit of the issue and should have a 1.1 beta test version soon. I just want to thank all the users for their patience and for providing precious feedback and log files that really helped me in this process.

edited August 2017

I had to try another experiment with the updated "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to see how many Gambian Sun Squirrel's I could squeeze into one render. This scene would crash DAZ Studio every time I tried it before the update .  NO CRASHES on rendering and opening the DUF files :happybounce:  .  No post work.

catalyzer08.jpg
    960 x 540 - 131K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

17 August 2017
    Sorry for the confusion, I added another fix and so version 1.2 comes here:

Windows 64bit: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.2/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.2.Win64.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)
    macOS: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/Catalyzer/1.2/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerPlugin.1.2.macOS.zip (copy and overwrite the zip content in your '\Applications\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\' folder)

If for some reasons you need to revert to version 1.0, you can obviously use the DIM or the original installer again.

In case of issues please email me at [email protected] sending a brief description of the problem and:

• the Catalyzer log file (/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/LAMH2Iray Catalyzer/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt)
    • the DAZ Studio log file (menu Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Thanks!

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

I had to try another experiment with the updated "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to see how many Gambian Sun Squirrel's I could squeeze into one render. This scene would crash DAZ Studio every time I tried it before the update .  NO CRASHES on rendering and opening the DUF files :happybounce:  .  No post work.

I love this picture. I've just given it the thumbs up in the gallery.

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

There doesn't seem to be any LAMH presets for the Beaver and the Skunk.

Cheers,

Alex.

LAMH Presets 1.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 305K
    LAMH Presets 2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 314K
  • I had to try another experiment with the updated "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I wanted to see how many Gambian Sun Squirrel's I could squeeze into one render. This scene would crash DAZ Studio every time I tried it before the update .  NO CRASHES on rendering and opening the DUF files :happybounce:  .  No post work.

Cool image Joe, wow how many critters in there :D

• There doesn't seem to be any LAMH presets for the Beaver and the Skunk.

Cheers,

Alex.

Hey Alex, I think it's a store quirk, there should be Catalyzer presets for both, maybe they aren't just showing in your account. Send an inquiry to support, they should be able to fix it. Or maybe try with the DIM?

• I love this plugin. It works great after the first update you posted.

Haven't tried the second update yet. 

kingofthemountain.jpg
    1652 x 1200 - 480K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited August 2017

There doesn't seem to be any LAMH presets for the Beaver and the Skunk.

Cheers,

Alex.

I don't know about the Skunk (one of the few of Alessandro's animals I don't have!) but the Beaver (and some but not all of the other animals) has the Iray version in the single DS installer, so that's all you need.

Post edited by MelanieL on